Color:

Location (State/Prov):

Home Theatre Electronics HDTV etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Home Theatre Electronics HDTV etc

For sale I have several components of my home theatre which I am parting out. The reason I am selling is because I intend to get new equipment after I move. ALL of my equipment is in EXCELLENT can i stress EXCELLENT condition!! I take good care of my things because I work hard to get them and they are in 9.5/10 working order. (Honestly, 10/10 but since they're used i'll be conservative and say 9.5) None of the equipment has any scratches or signs of wear. You probably wouldnt even be able to distinguish them from brand new components.

PM me with any questions of for any reason I will be glad to accomodate if possible. I am located in Union County in New Jersey and would prefer local pickup but dont hesitate to get at me regardless. However, the TV I would not ship (During shipping if it tipped over, the liquid crystals shifting could cause the picture to become distorted). All of these pieces were purchased at BestBuy. I loved this setup, it all matches colorwise, works great together, and is an excellent addition to any home theatre setup!

OK, here we go....I've included a detailed product description copy and pasted from amazon.com in order to give adequate summary of the specs..

--Pioneer VSX-516-K 7.1-Channel Home Theater Reciever

Asking $150
Technical Details
-7.1-channel A/V home theater receiver with 700 watts (100 watts x 7) totalpower
-DTS-ES Discrete, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Digital EX, and Pro Logic
IIxdecoders
-9 advanced surround modes; Sound Retriever brings CD-quality audio to compressed
files
-3 digital audio inputs (2 coaxial, 1 optical); 2 component video inputs; 5.1-channel input
Includes remote control; measures 16.56 x 6.25 x 13.88 inches (W x H x D); 2-year
warranty
Designed for a small to medium-sized home theater, the Pioneer VSX-516-K delivers robust surround sound to a full-blown 7.1 speaker array, giving your movie soundtracks the rich audio they deserve. The receiver is built around Pioneer's exclusive Hybrid Amplifier design, which drives 100 watts of power into each of its seven channels. Pioneer receivers also include such defining attributes as a digital signal processing (DSP) technique called Sound Retriever, which brings CD-quality audio to compressed formats; nine advanced surround modes; and a high-quality 192 kHz, 24-bit digital-to-analog converter that allows CDs and other audio sources to reach their full potential.
Movie buffs will dig the VSX-516-K's multiple surround decoders, which include DTS-ES Discrete, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Digital EX, and Dolby Pro Logic IIx. In addition, you don't need to buy a full 7.1 speaker setup to use the VSX-516-K out of the box. Not only does it support 5.1 and 6.1 systems, but you can also use the two surround-back amplifiers to drive the main front left and right speakers, giving you an extra 200 watts up front. It's the perfect setup for music and movie fans who want a combination of power and versatility.
The VSX-516-K also includes a number of audio extras, including a dialogue enhancement function, a midnight listening mode that suppresses the volume during particularly loud passages (ideal for households with kids), an AM/FM tuner, and a virtual surround back mode that makes it sound as though you own rear surround speakers even when you don't.
With a bevy of digital and analog inputs, the VSX-516-K can accommodate a ton of digital sources, such as DVD players, CD players, video game consoles, digital satellite receivers, and more. The rear panel options include three digital inputs (two coaxial and one optical), two component video inputs and one outputs, three composite inputs and one output, a 5.1-channel input, and a subwoofer preamp output.

--Samsung DVD-HD841 Up-Converting DVD Player
Asking $90
Technical Details
-720p, 768p, and 1080i upconversion from conventional DVD-Video images (for
use with high-definition and HD-ready TVs)
-High-resolution audio performance with Super Audio CD (SACD) and DVD-Audio
decoding
-DVI digital video output with cable
-EZ View letterbox eliminator
-Includes remote control
Samsung's DVD-HD841 delivers scintillating video and audio performance at an eye-popping price. Between the unit's progressive-scan component-video and DVI digital-video outputs, sophisticated high-definition upconversion (from 480i/p DVD-Video to 720p, 768p, or 1080i, depending on your HDTV), and processing abilities for the audio-only SACD (Super Audio CD) and DVD-Audio formats, this player quite nearly does it all.
Samsung's video upconversion technology eliminates visible scan lines and artifacts arising from interlaced video and the 3:2 pulldown process required to render film-based movies as NTSC video. The result: higher resolution from conventional sources and sharper images with few motion artifacts. The player's DVI digital-video output may be used for lossless video transmission between the player and compatible TVs and computer monitors
Superior Sound
SACD and DVD-Audio media both offer super-high-fidelity sound. DVD-Audio discs provide 192 kHz/24-bit multichannel and stereo sound, high storage capacity, and unique bonus materials not available on regular audio CDs. These discs often have compressed Dolby Digital soundtracks for listening on standard DVD players, but true DVD-A decoding is required for full sonic appreciation. Depending on the disc, Sony's proprietary SACD format provides multichannel and/or stereo sound, often presented in a dual-layer format compatible with both standard CD players (at standard resolution) and SACD-equipped players like the DVD-HD841 (for full-resolution playback). As an antipiracy measure, the DVD-HD841 performs its own decoding of both DVD-Audio and SACD signals, passing high-resolution analog, not digital, audio to your integrated amplifier or surround receiver. This means you'll need an audio/video receiver with multichannel analog-audio inputs to appreciate multichannel DVD-A and SACD releases.
A set of stereo and a set of multichannel analog-audio outputs route audio from DVD-A/SACD media as well as from Dolby Digital- and DTS-encoded DVDs to your AV receiver. If you're not planning to use the DVD-A/SACD capability for multichannel programming, both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel surround-sound signals can be routed through the player's digital-audio outputs (one each of RCA coaxial and Toslink optical) for simpler connection with your receiver.
Another handy feature is the player's EZ View letterbox eliminator, which lets you enjoy full-screen pictures on 4:3 aspect-ratio TVs--even when you're watching widescreen DVDs. Composite- and S-video outputs bring compatibility with nearly any television.

--Toshiba 32HL84 LCD Flatpanel HD-Ready TV
Asking $750
Technical Details
-32-inch HD-ready 16:9 aspect-ratio flat-panel LCD television with 1,280 x 768
resolution
-3D Y/C (4 MB, 10-bit) digital comb filter with Vertical Contour Correction helps
eliminate dot crawl and color bleed
-Cinema Mode 3:2 pulldown corrects frame rate for distortion-free movie viewing; HD
window multiscan POP (picture-on-picture) and PIP sound
-Dual ColorStream HD high-resolution component video inputs and DVI-HDTV input
with HDCP
-10-watt-per-channel stereo speakers with Toshiba's Sub-Bass System and support for
SRS WOW and Virtual Dolby
Lift yourself to a new viewing dimension with Toshiba LCD flat panel technology, perfect for someone with a small space but big wishes. Toshiba LCD TVs offer high quality images anywhere a consumer cares to watch them. Liquid Crystal Display flat panel technology is ultra thin and mounts as easily on a wall as on a desk, bureau or kitchen counter! The ultimate in home theater.PRODUCT FEATURES:Series TheaterWide HD LCD TV;720p (1366 x 768) True HD Display with Built-in Speakers and Tuner;800:1 Contrast Ratio;HD Dynamic Contrast;PixelPure (Toshiba PixelPure Proprietary Digital Video Processing);CableClear DNR+;DVI-HDTV Digital Input with HDCP;SRS WOW;Virtual Dolby;StableSound;New Space Saving Design;6-Item A/V Illuminated Remote Control with DVD & Audio Control;HD Window POP with Split Screen and 12 MultiWindows;Tri-Lingual Color Icon On-Screen Display;Off/Sleep Timer.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Monster - I got the same theatre reference piece. It's a pretty sweet piece for a $400+ power supply
Old 10-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Seton Hall Pirate

Yea absolutely .
Old 10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,478 Likes on 3,071 Posts
Are you trying to ship the smaller stuff like the receiver?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Need more room in

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you selling the speaker setup too? May be interested in reciever + speakers PM me price to 94539
Old 12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

price reduction on the tv big time make an offer
Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Seton Hall Pirate

bump make an offer