Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

CLOSED! FS: 2002 Honda S2000 (Spa yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLOSED! FS: 2002 Honda S2000 (Spa yellow)

So I'm getting another TSX and the S2K is on its way out (my second S2K is leaving to be replaced by my second TSX). It currently has 48500 miles. The car has been great, I just have had a couple changes and I am letting the stook go. I have extensive books and records, have maticulously maintained this car with Mobil 1 in the pan (every 5K miles with a factory filter), LE diff fluid, and use Super Blue in the brake lines. All servicing has been done at either my Honda dealer or my Acura dealer by factory-trained technicians. The car has had the right front fender replaced with OEM parts after being vandalized last fall, and the right rear suspension components (lower control arm, A-arm, strut, wheel, hub knuckle, and bearing) were replaced after a little cat-dodging/curb surfing incident last year. All work was done with OEM parts and the car was aligned on a state-of-the-art Hunter alignment system to factory specs.

The car is bone stock, has no mods besides a K&N drop-in filter in the stock air box. The car has a fresh set of Yokohama ES100s that have 7/32 tread on the fronts and 6/32 tread at the rear. The brake pads were all replaced at 33k miles and still have 7mm of depth at both ends. This car has had a history of ownership with a Honda/Acura employee of nearly 6 years experience. The care and handling of this car is one that is unique. I do give the car a little play time now and then, but in no way was this car abused. It is washed weekly with the utmost care, and is waxed with Zaino every 3 months. I do not eat or smoke in this car, and drinks are only permitted if they have a screw on cap. i have OCD when it comes to my cars. Any member on here that knows me can vouch for this car. All serious inquiries for sale are to be considered but only approved cashier's checks will be accepted for payment. I will not finance this purchase personally. I hate to see the car go and can give further information if requested. Here are a few pics from a previous thread of mine. Selling price is $19000 and is mildly negotiable, but this car is a gem and is to be passed on to a worthy buyer. This is a fair price for anyone that knows the market of a well-kept S2K. I'm not going to let this go to just anyone. I do care about the future ownership of this piece of rolling art. Feel free to PM if there's more I can do.

Old 06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you try the S2Ki forum?
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Why don't you try the S2Ki forum?
I have it listed on a few sources. I never thought about that for some odd reason. Seeing as I'm a mildly respected member on there, you think I'd put it up on there.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Kurt,

I'm in the market for a sportscar ... S2k would be an awesome ride. And I was just in Texas, too! Coulda given it a test drive, too ... Thing is: Canadian taxes would rip me a new one if I imported it back to Canada.

Good luck on the sale.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
KB, beetroot just sold his S2000, so you might want to ask him where he advertised it (I'm assuming he used Craigslist)...
Old 06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, I put mine on Craigslist in Phoenix, LA, Las Vegas...had it sold in less than a week.

Originally Posted by derrick
Thing is: Canadian taxes would rip me a new one if I imported it back to Canada.
How much are the taxes? I sold mine to a guy from Canada... on top of the price he paid for the car he had to fly down here twice, drive the car up north, and pay the taxes. Plus a ton of hassles with international money orders, recall clearance letters, and we have to mail the title to the border 3 days before he crosses.

There must be a shortage of sports cars up there.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:27 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
15% total taxes I think.

Thing is, S2k's are 50K new up here so a nice used 02-03 is still 30-40k. Buying it from the US and paying taxes may still work out to be cheaper.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
The cheapest 02 listed in autotrader is 29k CAD. Considering exchange, it would be slightly cheaper getting it in the US.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I start fires

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kurt_bradley
Wow. 106 views and not one post. Only a couple PMs and they were from members that just know me and were wondering why I'm getting rid of the car. Anyone actually interested?
KB, I'm trying to talk my wife into one of these, but suxors for you, she's the anti-yellow.

Out of curiosity why the sale? Is the new TSX from Davis Motorcars or DMD?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 6SPD
KB, I'm trying to talk my wife into one of these, but suxors for you, she's the anti-yellow.

Out of curiosity why the sale? Is the new TSX from Davis Motorcars or DMD?
Wanted to get back into a TSX. I began to appreciate the TSX more when I went from an S2K to a TSX and then back to an S2K. If that makes any sense. That and there is so much that the TSX offers in features that I can't get in the S2K. Long story short, my mid-life crisis at 26 is over.

Of course I'm buying it from DMD. You think I'd give Wood another dime? Our team made that guy enough money before we all left. Boy, I still look back at that week when we left and laugh. They were so screwed.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
15% total taxes I think.

Thing is, S2k's are 50K new up here so a nice used 02-03 is still 30-40k. Buying it from the US and paying taxes may still work out to be cheaper.
Dom,

Not true -- 15% would only apply if the car had >50% of its parts from North American sources (as per NAFTA) and licensed in Ontario 7% GST + 8% provincial tax). In Alberta, it would be only 7% (GST only), etc. Since >99.9% of this car is from Japanese suppliers, it would be a different story. A guy I know pretty well who imported an NSX (Lithmius, I think that's his handle) -- he worked in Cali for a year before driving up his NSX (again, >99% Japanese content). He told me he got a significant discount in duties because he worked in the US for a year ... he estimates his cost, including PST + GST to be around 25%.

As for the guy who bought Beetroot's car, the exchange rate is working in our favour for a change (US$1 = C$1.11), so the extra duty would still make the car a lot cheaper than buying a used one here in Canada. Believe me, I thought about importing an NSX from NSXPrime a couple times already! I think if I were in the market for a used low miles American built/assembled car (TL, Camry, Corvette, etc), I would buy it from the States. Canada is nothing but

-----

Sorry if this was

Good luck with the sale, Kurt! I thought about your car, believe me ...
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by derrick
Good luck with the sale, Kurt! I thought about your car, believe me ...
Thanks. I have 2 prospects on it as we speak.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Something I should have noted in the first post that is now coming up a bit:

I am not wanting to trade the car with any potential buyer. I am not interested in buying anyone else's car. I have already made arrangements on the new TSX that is being sent to my dealer of choice via Honda through their courtesy delivery program (being a respected former employee has its perks). As stated before, I am only selling this car to the buyer that is able to purchase with certified funds (as in get your own financing or cashiers check sent my way upon the agreement of terms of sale). I am more than able to provide extensive service records and a thorough inspection for the next buyer. I am fully licensed for dealer service and technical work through Honda and have a very thorough understanding of the cars Honda and Acura offer. I can personally state that this car is in top shape, but can arrange for a buyer's inspection to be performed at my dealer for additional piece of mind.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

The car is a goner tomorrow.