Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Brax/Helix Precision B4 Hi-End Amplifier

Category: Audio/Video/Electronics
Price: $600
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): CL 2G, NSX 1G, RDX, RL 2G, RL 1G, RSX, TL 4G, TL 3G, TL 2G, TL 1G, TSX 2G, TSX 1G, Integra, Legend, Vigor, Other Honda/Acura, CSX, Type-S Model
Location (State/Prov/Terr): IA
Item Condition: Used

This is a premium hi-end German car audio amplifier made by Brax. Their amplifiers win car audio competitions all over the planet. Anybody who is serious about car audio knows their name and their quality.

(image taken from the internet, but my unit is this model and looks exactly the same)

The Precision B4 amplifier is made for superb sound quality and puts out more power that it advertised (this is quite common among hi-end car audio amplifiers). This amp is rated at 60W per channel RMS (at 4 ohms), but it was shown to put out around 80W per channel RMS at 4 ohms) in independent lab tests. I could dig up the research paper if you want.

I bought it for $800. I've used it for a couple of years in all sorts of weather extremes (high heat and super low cold) and this amp has NEVER shut off.

SPECIFICATIONS (keep in mind the wattage rating is under-reported):
  • Cont. power rating RMS / Musik at 4 x 4Ohm RMS at 12 Volt: 4 x 46 Watt
  • Cont. power rating 4 x 4 Ohm RMS/Musik at 13,8 Volt: 4 x 60/100 Watt
  • Cont. power rating 4 x 2 Ohm RMS/Musik at 13,8 Volt: 1 x 90/150 Watt
  • Cont. power rating 2 x 4 Ohm RMS/Musik bridged: 2 x 180/300 Watt
  • Adjust Highpass/Lowpass/Bandpass: 30 Hz - 4kHz
  • Total harmonic distortion (TDH): < 0,014%
  • Signal to noise ratio: > 96 dB
  • Damping factor: > 450
  • Frequency range: 20 Hz -20 kHz
  • TIM Distortion: < 0,02%
  • Input sensitivity: 500 mV - 8 V
  • Fuse: 2 x 20 A
  • Input impedance: 10 kOhm
  • Dimensions (H/W/D) in mm: 35 x 240 x 300
  • Weight net: 4,7 kg
  • Driver with class A technology
  • Outputstage with 16 MosFet transistors
  • RMI (realmixed input) for forming an optimised mono-summation signal from the left and right channels
  • NFI (noisefree input) for distortion-free listening L
  • Intelligent active crossover
  • Mono/Bridged/ Stereo switch
  • 8.0 volt input for connection to any signal source
  • ADC - Anti Distortion Choke to eliminate distortions
  • Intelligent power supply
  • Separate speaker protection circuit with current limitation for speaker short-circuiting, cable contact with car chassis, low impedance and wrong connection
  • CPS - Color Protection System
  • SMD - Surface Mounting Devices for constant assembling quality
  • Double-sided, copper plated pc-board for best power and signal transmission and protection against vibrations
  • 24-karat gold-plated solid connectors
  • Temperature-optimised heatsink for highest efficiency
  • 1% accurate components for perfect audiophile sound quality and maximum power
  • Smoked-grey plexi cover with both side printing

$600 and its yours. Price includes shipping. I'm a verified Ebay and Paypal member with 100% positive rating.

Last edited by Moksha; 09-15-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Change the catagory of this listing from "Accessories" to "Audio/Video Electronics")
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
CAUTIONARY ADVISORY

We advise all prospective buyers (or sellers) to be aware that this is either a new member or one with less than 50 posts, so please proceed accordingly and with caution.

This in no way reflects on the integrity of the buyer or seller. It is a standard notice we put in for these members buying or selling items of substantial value.

SHIPPING ADVISORY

If shipping is required, sellers are encouraged to use tracking numbers or delivery confirmation.

Buyers should request this even if it costs a few dollars more to ship. This is to protect both the seller and the buyer.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
For this much money you should post actual pictures of the unit you are selling.

Front, back, and whatever else it takes to verify the condition.

Why are you selling?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ron A
For this much money you should post actual pictures of the unit you are selling.

Front, back, and whatever else it takes to verify the condition.

Why are you selling?
OK, I will soon post up the pictures. I was in a hurry when I posted this so I skipped that.

I have no reason or want to sell this amp aside from the fact that I need the money. I LOVE good clean audio and this thing is my sweetheart, but I could use the extra money for other things. Hopefully, I don't regret it.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:59 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ron A
CAUTIONARY ADVISORY

We advise all prospective buyers (or sellers) to be aware that this is either a new member or one with less than 50 posts, so please proceed accordingly and with caution.

This in no way reflects on the integrity of the buyer or seller. It is a standard notice we put in for these members buying or selling items of substantial value.

SHIPPING ADVISORY

If shipping is required, sellers are encouraged to use tracking numbers or delivery confirmation.

Buyers should request this even if it costs a few dollars more to ship. This is to protect both the seller and the buyer.
Just to address this:

I'm a verified Paypal member and all transactions on Paypal are automatically protected (considering you're not buying anything illegal or sending money to Nigeria!).

Furthermore, I will be more than happy to list the item on Ebay if a buyer feels more comfortable with the extra layer of protection that provides, but then the price would go up slightly as Ebay would want a cut from the sale. For example, I sold a professional audio card several months ago for around $200 and Ebay took $19 of it on top of the listing fees! I think that's too steep.

Also, for anyone reading this, the price is a little negotiable so make your best reasonable offer and we might strike a deal!

Last edited by Moksha; 09-16-2010 at 03:02 AM.