Color:

Location (State/Prov):

CLOSED: Alpine CDA-7897, 3 sub boxes for 1st gen CL

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Alpine CDA-7897, 3 sub boxes for 1st gen CL

I have an old school Alpine CDA-7897, along with 3 subwoofer boxes that will fit between the shock towers in the trunk of a 1st gen CL.

1st: Alpine CDA-7897. This unit will run 3 way active (great sq deck) and is one of Alpine's Fantom Face units. This is the 1 that does have an internal amp (although I never used it). This comes with the head unit, cage, wiring harness and remote (although not pictured, it's still in the glove box of my car). I used this hu for about 3 weeks, and then decided to remove it right before a 6 hour drive to Chicago for a bassrace competition. I'm going a different route with the system and don't need this hu. It has great features (the crossover is awesome) but it simply doesn't have enough volume adjustment for my purposes. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the face with it open, however I'm trying to get one from the fs thread where I bought it as it looks the exact same. There is very little where on the faceplate outside of normal use. It is in great shape for it's age. If there is enough interest, I will hook it up in my car again, open up the face and take pics. Price: $175+ship

Pictures:

2nd: Sub box for a single 12. This box is ~2 cubic feet tuned at 33hz with 24.75 sq inches of port area. This box has a piece of 3/4" cast accrylic sandwiched into the rear panel so that you can see the motor of the sub through the ski-pass. With this box, an RD Alpha V.2, and an Orion 1200d, I did a 137.8db at 43hz in Street A dbdrag competition (single battery, car turned off, sensor on the windshield). This box will play music very well with the low tuning and will work well for almost any 12" subwoofer. The cutout is for a sub with a 12 spoke basket. There are 45's in all corners of this box to aid with air flow. This box is wired for cathodes (and comes with 2 sets from Oznium), however, only 2 of them work. 2 of the cathodes came cracked from the factory. 16 gauge speaker wire is run from the outside of the box to the cathodes, with 12 awg Stinger speaker wire being run to the sub. The speaker wire for the sub is tacked to the top of the enclosure to that you can't see it through the ski pass. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Dimensions: 28"w x 16"h x 14.75"d
Price: $100+ship

Pictures:

Dirty acrylic:

Cathodes:

45 and some of the Stinger speaker wire:

Cathode and another 45:

Picture looking back through the ski-pass at the motor of the sub:

Close-up through the ski-pass:

3rd: Another box for a single 12" subwoofer. This sub box is 2.25 cubic feet tuned to 36hz with ~47 sq inches of port area. This enclosure has a double baffle, with the first one being countersunk for a sub using the standard 12 spoke basket with a gasket. This is more of an SPL box than the previous one. Again, 45's in all corners, but the edges of this box have been fully rounded over. With this box, an RD Alpha V.2, and an Orion 1200d, I did 138.8db in Street A dbdrag competition. So this box is 1 full db louder than the above box. Warning, this box should only be used with subs who's suspensions can handle the large port. I am not responsible if you buy this box and bottom out your sub because it will happen if you're not careful or send your sub too much power.
Dimensions: 33"w x 15"h x 18"d
Price: $85+ship

Pictures:

45's:

Rounded over edges:

4th: Box for a single 15" subwoofer, sub up port back. This box is 3.5 cubic feet tuned at 33hz with 60.75sq inches of port area. This box will work for most 15" subs although all cutouts are for a sub using the standard 12 spoke basket. This box also has a double baffle with the first one countersunk for a sub using the 12 spoke basket with a gasket. I used this box for 1 weekend for a bassrace competition in Chicago at the Maxxonics headquarters a couple of weeks ago, and took 2nd in class. For those of you on caraudio.com or caraudioclassifieds.org, this box was build by Pioneer~Saturn who does amazing work.
Dimensions: 33"w x 16"h x 23"d
Price: $85+ship

Pictures:

Port with 45

We did not get a complete seal around this 45, so there is ducktape to get a good seal. This could easily be removed and caulked so that there is no more need for the tape.

All sub boxes come as is with bare MDF finsh. I am willing to drive a decent ways if you are decently local (OH, IN, KY area). I'm going in a new direction with my sub setup (2 10s, 4th order) so I don't need these boxes, and I need some garage space. If you have any questions about any of my stuff, please ask, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Refs: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ader.php?u=742
Old 08-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Drifting

Up, I know someone needs a nice SQ deck or 1 of these 3 boxes. And in case there are any questions about the wiring harness, the speaker wires are taped up so that they're not in the way. The previous owner (nor myself) used the internal amp on this hu, except to test and make sure it works.

Edit: Here's a pic of the 7897 faceplate from the previous owner. It looks exactly the same now.

Last edited by mattastick; 08-13-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Drifting

7897 sold. I know someone wants a sub box for their 1st gen CL
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Drifting

$20 off all box prices. So the 1st box with the acrylic is $80+ship now, 2nd is $65+ship, and third is also $65+ship. This past weekend, I burped a 138.3db at 43hz (in street B) with the 15" box and a TC-9 15" d1 wired at 2 ohms on a BXi-2407. Not bad, but I think it's got more in it, if I were to keep it.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Up. Come on guys, I know someone needs a solid proven box design for their 1st gen CL...
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Drifting

Up... All prices are OBO... PM me offers, I'm really just trying to get rid of these. Being a broke college kid sucks. I'm open to offers, but no lowballs please...
Old 09-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Drifting

TTT All boxes still here guys. PM me or post offers, I need to get rid of these
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Drifting

240+ views and no comments/offers? Come on guys...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Mattastick submitted a Bad Post Report with the following:

Originally Posted by mattastick
2 of these boxes have been burnt because nobody would buy them and the head unit sold, so please close this thread.
Thanks for reporting this, but please post in the thread next time.