Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

SOLD: 3G TL Performance Parts-most parts sold-look for new thread for more parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013 | 10:28 PM
Administrator

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov/Terr): MN
Item Condition: Used

I didn't find anything in bmeyer's profile to show his PM's are turned off, and his PM box is not full so you shouldn't have any problem sending him a PM.

I suggest you two try to resolve this by PM.

This looks like it would be very difficult for me to resolve to everyone's satisfaction so I will try to leave it up to you guys to come to some kind of mutual agreement.
Old 05-30-2013 | 09:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bmeyer
Yes, as a note to all, I have PM's turned off because I don't have time to reply to them all. (I apologize, but I run a business which takes up most of my time) If we keep the prices public, then it keeps everyone apprised of the situation and minimizes the number of responses I have to send out. I hope you all understand.

Old 05-30-2013 | 01:11 PM
Administrator

I saw that, and checked his options, which said he would accept PM's, but there must be an option somewhere that I can't access, so if you can't send him one, and he says he doesn't want them, I'll take your words for it. It's not worth bothering astro or IB about it so I'll let it go.

I'll leave the thread open and hope some of the guys who know about clutches can chime in and give some more information on the condition of the clutch.

If I don't see some replies soon I'll close the thread and ask bmeyer to get with you and straighten this out.

I have got in the middle of problems like this in the past, several times, and it wasn't pretty so I'm going to stay out of this as long as I can.
Old 05-30-2013 | 01:20 PM
takin care of Business in

Ron, not to interfere in your Administrating methods but how will closing the thread help the issue?

I have been a victim of this on a different thread and all you did was close the thread...the seller basically never replied back to my PM's or emails or Text...atleast by keeping the thread open it warns other members to proceed with caution...

PS: I am not referring to this particular seller or buuyer....I have purchased stuff from Brandon (bmeyer) and he is an awesome seller...and I have dealt, not directly, with Matt (hickam) and he is awesome too....so now sure whats going on here....but I suggest you keep the thread open sir
Old 05-30-2013 | 02:40 PM
Administrator

I would prefer to leave it open.

What I said was "If I don't see some replies soon I'll close the thread and ask bmeyer to get with you and straighten this out."

This was intended to motivate both the experts and the two parties involved to post here and try to clear this up.

Closing is a last resort.
Old 05-31-2013 | 09:53 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by HickamHatch
Also. It also needs a new pressure plate due to a chunk of the disk coming off. It scored up the pp when it was spinning

I would not buy from this guy again and hope others don't as well since he obviously does not want to fix this

And we paid the full $1100 you were asking

I guarantee you didn't send the pic to us. And if you did, I would like to see proof and show your 'sent' email.
In fact I DID. For the record, here is the original PM that was sent:

Re: Me again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungone501
You should REALLY call me as I have interest in MORE stuff.

XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hey man,

Here are pics of the flywheel and clutch. Hopefully they turned out OK for you.

http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch1.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch2.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch3.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch4.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch5.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch6.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch7.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch8.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch9.JPG
http://www.brandonmeyer.net/pictures/clutch10.JPG

I don't have the pump out yet, but that's the next task. Just to confirm, you have a stock pump that I can use to go in its place?

Thanks,
-Brandon
The disc in question is in clutch8.JPG. That's the pic in 8MP resolution which is exactly what was sent to you.

It was only AFTER you had a chance to review all of the pictures that you agreed to purchase the item.

Since there's no keeping you happy, just box the thing up, ship it back and once I verify that everything is OK with it. You'll get a refund.

Last edited by bmeyer; 05-31-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-31-2013 | 09:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bmeyer
For reference, the disc was documented in 8MP resolution and sent to the seller BEFORE the transaction took place. The same image was then edited (i.e. area was CIRCLED) to highlight this same area and was then sent to a 3rd party involved in this transaction for the buyer to review.

This is now 2+ weeks after the purchaser received the clutch kit, and is well after his previous comment stating that I was a good seller.

Third, the clutch discs are WEAR items, which are common to have WEAR on them. And since they are used items, are likely to show SOME WEAR.

Fourth, the clutch kit was sold well below the price listed previous in this thread.

The mark on the SINGLE puck on ONE SIDE of a SINGLE disc has NO effect on the performance of the clutch whatsoever. (If you're counting, that's 1 out of 24 total pucks in the clutch pack.) If the purchaser wanted to be anal about the disc, he can purchase a brand new one for around $75. Note that that $75 is well below the discount offered to the seller, and FREE SHIPPING was also provided on top of the discount. This is on top of the fact that I forgot to send the release bearing to him when the clutch kit went out. I sent it OVERNIGHT at a cost of $25 and because I was given a bad shipping address, it then came back to me several days later. I was then forced to send the bearing a second time at an additional fee.

No image was circled in red that showed abnormal wear! And you cant tell by that picture that it has a huge chunk missing and it also doesn't show the pressure plate that is scored from a chunk missing!
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:02 AM
Pro

Yo, shithead. Did you not see the "ship it back and once I verify that everything is OK with it. You'll get a refund."

Now quit your bitching. Jesus.
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:05 AM
Instructor

Nice edit and nice choice of words. You edited it after I read it and then I went to look for your other post to quote, so no need for calling me a shithead. I don't want a refund for the complete clutch. I want a new disc and pressure plate, THEN I will be happy.

And I'm not bitching. I'm trying to resolve a problem.
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:07 AM
Pro

Jesus... Ok, here's me trying to be nice... I'm not buying anything and sending it out... what, in your opinion, would it take to keep you happy?
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:12 AM
Instructor

How about this. You get a new pressure plate and have it shipped to me and I'll eat it and buy the disc. Seems fair enough to me. You are right, I can still use this disc but I would rather not due to it being messed up so I won't mind buying one. BUT, the pressure plate will mess up any disc that I install afterwards due to being scored all the way around from that piece that is missing from the disc.
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:18 AM
Pro

I'm not buying anything and shipping it anywhere. It's ~$150 for a new PP and ~$80 for disc. I'll issue a refund for $230 as soon as the funds clear to PP.
Old 05-31-2013 | 10:22 AM
takin care of Business in

Look at that....

:gheyhug:
Old 05-31-2013 | 02:43 PM
J-series addict

Originally Posted by swoosh
Look at that....

:gheyhug:
Group lovin'.
Old 06-04-2013 | 09:30 AM
Instructor

Paypal received. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2013 | 07:01 PM
Administrator

The clutch problem has been solved and I'm closing this lengthy thread, so bmeyer can start a new one.