Color:

Location (State/Prov):

CLOSED: 06-08 TSX Nav Screen - Cosmetic Damage - AS IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Honda Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06-08 TSX Nav Screen - Cosmetic Damage - AS IS

This might be cool for all you modders out there so you can jack with a screen that's OK if you mess it up...

I am selling a navigation/radio touch screen from my 2007 Acura TSX, part 39811-SEC-L8 (see pics on the eBay auction). Honda lists the replacement part as 39811-SEC-L81, which is the part # I bought to replace the screen i'm selling here and is the part number on the box. According to acuraoemparts.com, this part fits on 06-08 Acura TSX. That site shows a slightly different part number (39811-SEC-A81) at a slightly higher price for the 2004-2005 models so I am unsure if it would fit or not. Please be sure this is the part you need, and PM me with any questions or email at 'hans at defroy dot net'. There is also a VERY good chance that this part fits the 2006-2008 European and Japanese Honda Accord as the Acura TSX = European/Japanese Honda Accord. You never know!
This unit functions normally - no dead spots on the screen or any issues with touch sensitivity. However, the outer layer of the screen is cosmetically damaged as a result of vandalism (which is why I replaced it).
See pictures on eBay for details. At night it is hard to tell there are any scratches but during the day when there is reflected light, it is very obvious. I believe that someone skillful and patient enough to rub out the damage could do a pretty good job with it. This could also be useful for someone who has a dead screen and needs the circuit boards off the back. If you're in a pinch, and just need a working screen, this would be good for you as well.
Anyway, this unit functions normally - all touch and display functions work perfectly, but there IS COSMETIC DAMAGE to the screen. So, I have to sell this AS-IS. Be assured it did work properly when removed by me.
The replacement screen cost me about $1,500 + shipping from acuraoemparts.com, and costs about $2,000 at the dealership. I am selling it for less than 50% off the cost at acuraoemparts.

Thanks!

Last edited by quantum13; 02-13-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
I deleted the ebay reference per Rule #3 of the Black Market rules.

You will have to post your pictures here. You can host pictures in your photo album and then post the link to the album, or post the pictures in the thread by copying the links from the album. Click here for more information.

Please read THE BLACK MARKET RULES and post an asking price for each item you are selling.

RULE #2. YOU MUST POST AN ASKING PRICE FOR EACH ITEM YOU ARE SELLING! This is the maximum price you are allowed to charge. You may also add OBO (Or Best Offer) to your price, which means you will accept the posted price or less, at your discretion.
If a price is not posted in a reasonable amount of time, the thread will be closed.

If this thread is closed when you return to it, send me a PM with the price and a link to this thread and I will post it and open the thread.

DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.