VWs suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX Hokie
Yeah, having a good experience with the 2 hour car purchasing process is not quite the same as having a good opinion of the service department or the quality of the vehicle itself. I mean, look at the top few brands on the SSI survey. This is probably how the sales experiences for a few of those brands goes:

Cadillac
Salesman: "Welcome to Jimbo's Cadillac. How can I help you?"
Customer: "I'm 76 and don't have long to live. Sell me that big white DeVille over there."
Salesman: "Deal"

Porsche
Salesman: "Gutentag"
Customer: "Here is a large briefcase of unmarked $100 bills. I will take the black 911 over there."
Salesman: "Would you like the built-in espresso maker option for another $10,000?"
Customer: "Of course."

Saturn
Saleswoman: "Hi. I don't give a shit if you buy a car or not, I'm not on commission."
Customer: "Wow, what a fantastic no-pressure buying experience. I'll take the red plastic car over there."
Saleswoman: "Whatever."
Old 06-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

Yeah, having a good experience with the 2 hour car purchasing process is not quite the same as having a good opinion of the service department or the quality of the vehicle itself. I mean, look at the top few brands on the SSI survey. This is probably how the sales experiences for a few of those brands goes:

Cadillac
Customer: "I'm 76 and don't have long to live. Sell me that big white DeVille over there."

Porsche
Customer: "Here is a large briefcase of unmarked $100 bills. I will take the black 911 over there."
Salesman: "Would you like the built-in espresso maker option for another $10,000?"

Saturn
Saleswoman: "Hi. I don't give a shit if you buy a car or not, I'm not on commission."
Customer: "Wow, what a fantastic no-pressure buying experience. I'll take the red plastic car over there."
Too funny!
Old 06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Cadillac

Porsche

Saturn
Old 06-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ianS
bad durability = aging so fast. Such as the 4yr old A4 2.8 from my next door: interior trim peeling off, squeak sound coming from suspension, brake, auto transmission...etc, every time it shift from R to D, the car just shake like a mofo and the engine sounds like engine from the bus! The whole car are drive like a 20 yr old civic more than a 4 yr old car. Also how many there is a Jetta run beside you and you thought it was a dissel truck run beside you! That is pure :shit:
It's very likely it was a diesel TDI next to you. The TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) has been out since 1999. Before that they had diesels throughout the nineties too. Also, the Beetle, Golf, and Passat have the diesel engine as an option as well. Killer mileage, cheap diesel, no tune-ups, and 10,000 mile oil changes (once a year). Just my two cents.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:04 PM
synthetic artifice

I had a 2002 Jetta 1.8T. Never any breakdowns or powertrain issues, but lots of little annoying problems. Creaks and rattles mostly, poor quality throughout. The driver's side window fell down into the door at 9,000 miles. (Thankfully, it didn't shatter.) The replacement window rattled annoyingly. The driver's seat creaked extremely loudly when going through turns, enough to make me worry that it might detach from the frame if I were in an accident. Thick, vicscous goop leaked out of the weather seals on the doors.

Make no mistake, VW Jettas are MEXICAN cars. German engineering and Mexican quality control is not a match made in heaven. My dealer's service department (Chapman VW in Scottsdale AZ) was pretty good, however. They were always friendly and fixed the problems quickly without giving me any bullsh*t.

The engine light came on twice in one month, and that was the final straw. Dumped it at 29,000 miles, got my TSX, and never looked back. I love my Acura. The quality and attention to detail makes me feel so good when I'm driving it. Everything about it is just perfect, and I never have to worry about anything going wrong. I TRUST my car, and that's more than I can say for the Volkswagen.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:09 AM
1st Gear

My fiance had a 99 VW Blue Golf. She loved that thing to death. Then it rained. The stereo went out and the whole electrical system just when to crap. The VW does not start when it rains for more than 2 hours. After 5 years and countless trips to the VW dealership(which was horrible and expensive) she now hates her little VW Golf!!! At the time I drove a 1995 V6 LE Camry. By far 10x the car the VW was. She was down right jealous of my car eventhough it was older. I never had any were near the problems she has had and the car always started for me.

Now I bought a 04 blue TSX and lovin it!!! I am giving my Camry to her and now she is putty in my hands. The Camry still runs great and the TSX is far better. If at all possible stay away from VW. If you must get one be wary, very wary.

Old 07-06-2004, 01:32 AM
pby
Instructor

Originally Posted by digdug

I am giving my Camry to her and now she is putty in my hands.
She's definitely a keeper.