question about purchasing tsx in canada and bringing it back to the US

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003 | 10:38 PM
6th Gear

question about purchasing tsx in canada and bringing it back to the US

hey guys...i'm thinking about gettin the TSX but i'm not feeling the colors they have here in the US...i was wondering if i could purchase a TSX in canada since they do have better colors and interior combos...is it possible to import it into the US? or would i have to pay a tax or something???

i saw a yellow tsx in the gallery portion of this forum...and that looked pretty hot...rather have that than the pwp/parchment combo they have in the US...sux

thx guys
Old 12-07-2003 | 10:49 PM
Pro

I believe the yellow colour you saw was a night shot of PWP under yellow lights. It's not a stock colour in either US or CAN. The CAN-only colours is Indigo Blue Pearl. There is only one interior option for each colour (MR and NBP w/Parchment, IBP, SSM and PWP w/Ebony). We don't have CG, MSM, Arctic Blue or Quartz.

Also, nav is not available, but we do get heated mirrors and a low wiper fluid light.

I'm not sure what it takes to import a Canadian car, but don't forget the speedometer has km in the large font and the ACC reads in degrees Celcius.
Old 12-07-2003 | 10:53 PM
6th Gear

o didn't know that that was actually white under the light...seemed mighty damn yellow to me...crap...it would be great if yellow was available in the US...

but anyone else know if it costs anything to bring the car into the US?
Old 12-08-2003 | 04:08 PM
Burning Brakes

the warranty will not be honored if you bring the car back to the states and sales agreements in canada specifically says its for sale/use in canada only.
Old 12-08-2003 | 11:01 PM
6th Gear

does that mean i can't bring it into the states at all?...but to think about it...is it really worth all the trouble to bring the car from canada back to NYC...kinda long drive...
Old 12-09-2003 | 09:36 AM
Acura/Honda Fan

There are a couple strikes against you in bringing a car from Canada. 1. The vehicle warranty will not be honored in the US. 2. To register the vehicle in the US you need to change the speedo to mph instead of kph and getting a new speedo is next to impossible because the dealer needs to send in a vin# to get a replacement.

Many of these issues came up when the MDX first came out and supply was low.
Old 12-09-2003 | 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by MrJumbo
There are a couple strikes against you in bringing a car from Canada. 1. The vehicle warranty will not be honored in the US. 2. To register the vehicle in the US you need to change the speedo to mph instead of kph and getting a new speedo is next to impossible because the dealer needs to send in a vin# to get a replacement.

Many of these issues came up when the MDX first came out and supply was low.
the speedo is not much of a problem..can get one easily from a junkyard..but is all the hassle really worth it?
Old 12-12-2003 | 04:55 PM
Instructor

Re: question about purchasing tsx in canada and bringing it back to the US

Originally posted by mOoMoO
hey guys...i'm thinking about gettin the TSX but i'm not feeling the colors they have here in the US...i was wondering if i could purchase a TSX in canada since they do have better colors and interior combos...is it possible to import it into the US? or would i have to pay a tax or something???

i saw a yellow tsx in the gallery portion of this forum...and that looked pretty hot...rather have that than the pwp/parchment combo they have in the US...sux

thx guys
I think it would be cheaper if you just get the PWP in the US and have your interior refinish to the color you like. OR, get the TSX that have the interior you like and repaint the whole car to PWP. A good paint job should run you about $3k-$4k.