Maserati: Quattroporte News

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My father keeps talking about getting one, I enjoy looking at them, but I don't think he or I would really be $100k happy with one. They are probably the most common "expensive" car in my area, I see a lot of these for some reason.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by is300eater
why the S600 over S63 AMG?
Either or, I just said the S600 b/c its closer to the price range (i think) S65 is almost 200k
Old 07-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by iTimmy
My father keeps talking about getting one, I enjoy looking at them, but I don't think he or I would really be $100k happy with one. They are probably the most common "expensive" car in my area, I see a lot of these for some reason.
Really? Here in Maryland, Benz, Bimmers and Audis are all over the place. I think I've seen only one Maserati QP in the past month. Go test drive one, it's really a fun sedan to drive.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by nokiaman
Really? Here in Maryland, Benz, Bimmers and Audis are all over the place. I think I've seen only one Maserati QP in the past month. Go test drive one, it's really a fun sedan to drive.

I know some of the Asians around here are starting veer away from M.B. and BMWs and going to the Q or Bentleys (but just a little), cuz a decade ago (or so), you never see Asians in anything but M.B. and BMWs (the ones with money that is)
Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go to bethesda,potomac or georgetown. The Maseratis are a dime a dozon I think its a really odd looking car...nothing about it screams $100,000 car IMO. Interior looks pretty chintsy as well....
Old 07-26-2008, 03:22 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

I see a fair amount of the German luxo cruisers, but for the QP being rare a car, it is not hard to find in this area. They are not in every driveway or around every street corner, but if I am in a nice area I am probably going to see one, upstate NY is not exactly a mecca for high end cars.

I'm afraid of a test drive, I just may like it and keeping an exotic italian car is one of those roads I don't want to wander down, questionable dealer networks, reliability, etc...
Old 07-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know, it's kinda ugly to me.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by Mansa24
I don't know, it's kinda ugly to me.
Your not the first person I've heard that from, it is usually thought of as a love it or hate it type car, very few are indifferent.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
haha, how did asian buyers get incorporated into this topic??

thought we were talking about italian exotics

S600 VS Maserati is performance VS status. essentially. choice of the driver.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
Post 2008 Maserati Quattroporte Collezione Cento

Press releas...

To start 2008 with a novelty, Maserati has brought to Detroit its flagship sedan with super-luxe dress - the Quattroporte "Collezione Cento" - of which just 100 will be produced: comfort, technology and luxury all rolled into one, dressed for the occasion in a sophisticated Italian outfit - in the brand-new ivory color, with a livery on the sides that enhance the sinuous lines of the Quattroporte. On the exterior, the 20" wheels are fitted with polished rims, adding the perfect touch of sophistication and elegance. The chromed honeycomb front and side grilles also bring out the executive flagship nature of this sedan.

The interior is no less spectacular. Everything exudes luxury, from the Poltrona Frau "Cuoio" colored leather seats with diamond-shaped stitching and matching buttons in the centre to the polished Wengé wood inserts on the steering wheel, center console and receptacle. The mother of pearl inlays are a true delight, adding an unusual gleam to the name of the vehicle and the trident on the gear shift knob. Cuoio colored leather is also used for the superior-weight overmats, enhanced by Beige contrasting edges. The interior's concept was exclusively presented to Maserati customers last year at Frankfurt's Motorshow: the "Collezione Cento" is born from on the basis of their feedback and comments.

Technology is another area where the Collezione Cento scores highly. Back seat passengers in the new Quattroporte find themselves in a multimedia paradise controlled by the Maserati Multimedia Entertainment system. The technology is housed in the rear center armrest, which contains an AUX-IN socket, iPod docking station, SIM card seat and USB port so that passengers can view photographs, videos or listen to MP3/WMA tracks contained in other peripherals. The car's sound system or the special Bluetooth headsets can be used for listening.

The armrest also features a built-in keypad for Internet browsing and email access, which can be folded. And because image also counts, especially when it comes to luxury, there are two real eye-catchers built into the back of the front seats: two 1.04" touch screens complete with a CD/DVD player built into the back of the centre receptacle.

The 100 lucky owners will be guaranteed luxury and exclusivity, thanks to the numbered plate built into the the dashboard molding.

The Quattroporte Collezione Cento is fitted with a 4244 cc engine (400 bhp) paired with hydraulic automatic 6-speed transmission that guarantees the same performance as the Quattroporte Automatica range.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I shoot people

tits
Old 10-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts
Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Good lord
Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I'd never pay for sex but I'd drop a $20 just to spend an hour in that interior. Wow. The one thing I could never get over is the tails, but considering the rest of the package, who cares!

They aren't too common from what I've seen, going down to Los Gatos I might see one or two.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Simply Sexy
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
oooo cars w/ USB in give me a hard on...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not my style
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Holy Christ! That interior is sexy!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Post 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S

Press release...

The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury sedan segment of the automotive market . Conceived and developed as "a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury sedan ", the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati's sportiness in the Quattroporte range.

The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:

- the mapping of the V8 4.7 litre engine, with power increased to 323kW;
- the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
- the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
- the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.

The sportier and more aggressive look is evident also in virtue of the interior's and exterior's stylistic choices:

- the new black grille with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
- the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
- the side and rear "shadow line", which includes black finishing around the doors, body-colored door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes,
- the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara® and leather upholstery;
- the standard trim in Titantex, a "titanium colored" composite material.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S First Drive

The Luxury Sport Sedan for Fashionistas
By Alistair Weaver, European Editor
Date posted: 02-15-2009

There's a naughty button on the dashboard of the 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S that's marked "Sport." Give it a prod and several things happen. The engine and gearbox have their brains rewired, and two exhaust valves open to give full voice to the big V8. The result is a noise quite unlike any other luxury sedan. It is extraordinarily loud and gloriously obnoxious — pure Maserati.

This exhaust trickery — and the increased thrust that comes with it — is the signature feature of Maserati's new flagship. The GT S is a development of the Quattroporte S that debuted last year, and it rivals the Audi S8 and Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG. Developed for plutocrats who want to drive and arrive, the 2009 Maserati Quattroporte GT S remains a more luxurious and beautiful sedan than its rivals, but now it's also a truly sporting one. Maserati reckons the Sport GT S will account for up to 30 percent of Quattroporte sales.

If It Ain't Busted, Don't Fix It
When the Pininfarina designers sat down to sketch the Quattroporte, they must have been sipping some splendid Chianti. Even five years and a face-lift on from its original launch at the Frankfurt auto show in September 2003, it remains the finest-looking luxury sedan on sale. No other car could dress such colossal length — the Quattroporte is 201 inches long with a 120.6-inch wheelbase — with such elegance. This Maserati is automotive art, and its sinewy curves are enough by themselves to challenge rivals from Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

Thankfully, Maserati has employed the "If it ain't busted, don't fix it" mentality to the new 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S. A successor to the Sport GT S version of the Quattroporte first introduced at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show, it includes a new black grille with concave vertical fins, revised headlights, a pair of oval exhaust tips and 20-inch wheels, but that's about it. Only the cognoscenti will notice, which is exactly how things should be.

(Not Quite) Designer Cockpit
In contrast to the highly engineered, carefully choreographed cockpits of the Audi A8 and Mercedes-Benz S-Class, the Maserati does have the look of designer boutique. There are lashings of leather and suede and the dash can be dressed in Titantex, a bizarre concoction that looks like gray carbon fiber. You can also specify some fairly interesting color combinations, including bright red leather trim that should really be named "tart's boudoir."

There are some lovely details. The aluminum pedals look like sculpture and the suede-upholstered rim of the steering wheel feels great, even if we'd worry about its long-term longevity. But for all its finery, too many bits have still been plundered from the Fiat parts bin. For example, the ignition key looks like it last found service as a treat in one of those exploding Christmas crackers the British love so much, while the multimedia system is irritatingly fiddly.

You also have to compromise on space. There is ample room in the rear seat for a pair of 6-footers, but they won't lounge in quite the same comfort as they would in the Merc or Audi. Nor will they be able to fit quite as much designer luggage in the trunk. You can blame the layout of the car for that, with its V8 engine significantly behind the centerline of the front wheels where it intrudes on the cockpit, although it does deliver the 49 percent front/51 percent rear weight distribution that delivers superior dynamics on the road.

Glorious V8
The GT S employs a version of the 4,691cc V8 featured in the Quattroporte S and Gran Turismo S coupe, Maserati's version of the same fundamental V8 engineered by Ferrari for use by Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Maserati. Tweaks to the engine management system and a new exhaust have helped liberate an extra 9 horsepower, so the total output is now rated at 434 hp at 7,100 rpm and 361 pound-feet of torque at 4,750 rpm. When you engage the exhaust system's Sport mode, the V8 is extraordinarily loud, especially on the final ascent to the 7,200-rpm redline. Your neighbors will either cheer or throw stones.

This glorious engine has found a soul mate in the six-speed ZF-built automatic transmission. The hardware is familiar — Jaguar and Aston Martin use the same system — but it's been tuned for Maserati. In Drive, the shift action is effortlessly smooth, or you can slot the lever into manual and make use of the shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel.

For the 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S, the transmission really does deliver only manual operation in manual mode. Apparently Ivan Capelli, the ex-Ferrari F1 driver now employed as a Maserati test driver, once had a huge accident when a BMW automatic transmission shifted up a gear, so he insisted on full manual control for the Maserati transmission. In manual mode, the gearbox will neither kick down nor change, even when the engine is on the rev limiter. It feels better for it, and the way the system automatically blips the throttle for quicker downshifts is nothing short of brilliant.

Let's Get Sporty
To reflect the Sport GT S's new, sportier disposition, the spring rates for the suspension are significantly stiffer, some 30 percent at the front and 10 percent at the rear, and the ride height has been lowered 0.6 inch at the front and 0.4 inch at the rear as a result. Moreover, the electronic Skyhook active damping has been replaced with a more conventional passive system.

Maserati is happy to admit that the Sport GT S is a clear step beyond the Quattroporte and the Quattroporte S and will only appeal to its more enthusiastic customers. The ride is predictably firm, but it never felt truly harsh, even on the city streets of Modena. Instead, you get a remarkable level of control.

No other 4,387-pound sedan feels this responsive to the helm or disguises its mass with such aplomb. At times, it feels more like an Audi S4 than an S8. This is not a sportier version of a luxury car; it's a genuine sport sedan. And it is genuinely fast. Lean on the new launch control system and this car will scurry to 100 km/h (62 mph) from a standstill in 5.1 seconds, which is 0.3 second quicker than the Quattroporte S. Top speed climbs 3 mph to 177 mph.

Maserati Is for Real
The 2009 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S is further evidence of a company on a roll. While the rest of the world wallows in red ink, Maserati has just announced record sales of 8,586 cars for 2008 and record profits of $93 million. This might not sound like much — Chrysler loses more money in a coffee break — but for the Italians it's a big deal. Maserati is finally stepping out from the shadow of Ferrari.

When the Quattroporte Sport GT S arrives in the U.S., the base price will be $133,700. But of course, you'll have to figure in an estimated $2,600 gas-guzzler tax plus $1,500 in delivery charges and $300 for the little extras, so you'll be looking for at least $138,100.

In a way, the Quattroporte Sport GT S is more like a Ferrari than previous versions of the sedan, a little bit more focused on performance. Among all the premium sedans that you might spend something more than $130,000 upon, the new GT S remains the eccentric choice, but while your rational being will lean toward the Audi or Mercedes, your creative brain will ache for the Maserati.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...opanel..2.*#14
Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 PM
zac
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts
So hot.

Anymore interior shots?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
da sex...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I like this facelift much better. The tail lights and front end are a nice improvement
Old 02-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Race Director

Apparently Ivan Capelli, the ex-Ferrari F1 driver now employed as a Maserati test driver, once had a huge accident when a BMW automatic transmission shifted up a gear, so he insisted on full manual control for the Maserati transmission
??? How do you get into an accident due to a tranny shift?

While I agree it's the best looking sedan made, you have to see the car in person to understand the proportions - it's a huge car. While the 08 sales numbers may have been great, I don't see that trend continuing in 09 - at least not in the US.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
omg

sexy
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 AM
I have Lucy tied up in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just when I thought this car couldn't get any better...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Suzuka Master

The obligatory italian family mob vehicle...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
wow... great refresh on a classic...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I've seen a lot of these in black with heavily tinted windows in Rome and the car is amazing.

I wouldn't even consider BMW, Merc, or Audi if I had a driver. Quattroporte is the only option for me.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

^ Where have you been charliemike? Seems you've been gone for awhile.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by Yumchah
^ Where have you been charliemike? Seems you've been gone for awhile.
I had to take a break. A couple of people were ruining my experience here.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by charliemike
Wanna send me a PM and discuss your issues (maybe a mod can help)...?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Quattroporte is the only option for me.
Anderson is your woman then. -and it's not a commercial either, it's a celebrity spotting.

Last edited by nokiaman; 02-17-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Anderson is your woman then. -and it's not a commercial either, it's a celebrity spotting.

But I don't want Hepatitis! *cries*
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I really think these are fantastic looking cars and I would buy one of these over the 7-series or even the AMG S63. To me, it just looks like a proper sporty sedan. What is amazing is that since the depreciation on them is so bad, a 2007 Quattroporte that originally stickered for $145k is down to around $69.5k in the DC area. While the depreciation will trail off, if you have the money, a 2 year old Maserati would be a nice car to pick up on the used car market.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Race Director

^? this new up-model one is less than $140K - how could a "regular" 07 have stickered for 145K? But , yeah, there have been a few (with real low mileage) listed on Craigslist for around 60-70K. With a few exceptions every car north of 50K original MSRP on the used market is 1/2 price just 2 years later.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:08 AM
I shoot people

I hope it wasn't me

I'm going through the same thing right now with one of the FX forums
Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by biker
^? this new up-model one is less than $140K - how could a "regular" 07 have stickered for 145K? But , yeah, there have been a few (with real low mileage) listed on Craigslist for around 60-70K. With a few exceptions every car north of 50K original MSRP on the used market is 1/2 price just 2 years later.
It was a Quattroporte Executive GT with all of the options. Someone decked this thing out to the hilt. Impressive looking car, but damn that depreciation...

Quick Reply: Maserati: Quattroporte News