Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
man, i love this car!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,922 Likes on 5,541 Posts
the new Quattroporte is an odd car.... I see one occasionally downtown..... when I do, I look.... I stare.... but... I'm not sure why.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I normally despise large sedans, but the Maserati Quattroporte absolutely has my attention
Old 08-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Someone I know traded in a Boxster to get the two door Maserati - he needed back seats for the kids.
The 400HP and the SMG are way cool.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vince Chase has one. you knows its the shit
Old 08-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaydef03
who?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Got a Job!

fuckin' AQUAMAN man!!!

VICTORY!!

For sure, that car is pimp status. It has one of the best exhaust notes that I've ever heard, too.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by srika
the new Quattroporte is an odd car.... I see one occasionally downtown..... when I do, I look.... I stare.... but... I'm not sure why.
lol...I feel the same way. The interior looks like an Alfa Romeo (fit and finish wise) and is not befitting at $90k sedan. I know that it is more exclusive than any mainstream luxury brand, but that's not enough to sell it on me. In this price range, there are far superior vehicles.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
The hair says it all

car looks fuckin hotttt when they are pimping it, not sure if it beats out the RR tho
Old 08-03-2005, 03:44 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I normally despise large sedans, but the Maserati Quattroporte absolutely has my attention
Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Maserati Quattroporte Automatic

MASERATI PRESENTS THE QUATTROPORTE AUTOMATIC

With a view to broaden its range even further, Maserati is about to launch the new Quattroporte Automatic alongside the current Quattroporte fitted with the DuoSelect gearbox.

The name, Quattroporte Automatic, describes the car’s main innovation. It is fitted with an automatic six-speed ZF gearbox, which ensures a smooth, fluid gear change while allowing for rapid shifting, for improved driving comfort.

The all-new transmission system results in a slightly different weight distribution ratio (49% front, 51% rear, vs 47% front 53% rear of the DuoSelect version with transaxle layout), but still preserves the extremely sporty nature of the Quattroporte. The torque converter also boosts the progression of the V8 Maserati engine at low to medium speeds, without limiting its power.

The international press will be given a preview of the Quattroporte Automatic at the Detroit Motor Show, and the car will be on sale worldwide from January.

Launched in 2003, the Quattroporte immediately grabbed the attention of the media and car enthusiasts alike, thanks to its sophisticated, elegant design, specification and performance-enhancing technology. The Quattroporte has always been at the forefront of the luxury sports saloon market, since it created this new category back in 1963. It is now considered the archetype of this market segment, which is being explored by other prestigious names in the car industry. Since 2003, the Quattroporte has received 28 awards from the world’s most prestigious media: a tangible sign of its popularity in the motor industry and with the public.

Old 12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
*sigh* I need a get rich scheme ASAP...
Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

And for those that don't know, this is the same 6spd auto that is currently being used in BMWs.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Clarkson has always said that he would buy one if it had an automatic....
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM
on to the next one...

Originally Posted by vishnus11
Clarkson has always said that he would buy one if it had an automatic....
Odd, you'd think he'd prefer the paddles being the enthusiast that he is, but I can see his reasoning I guess.

...nice license plate...
Old 12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bgsm1th
Odd, you'd think he'd prefer the paddles being the enthusiast that he is, but I can see his reasoning I guess.

...nice license plate...
The Cambiocorsa gearbox in those Quattroportes is retarded from what I've read in multiple sources. Version 2.0 is better but still semi-retarded.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beltfed
And for those that don't know, this is the same 6spd auto that is currently being used in BMWs.
That's interesting... does the 612 Scaglietti have an auto version?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Maserati offers exclusivity—and 1.9 percent financing - - By DIANA T. KURYLKO | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS - - Source: Autoweek

NEW YORK -- It isn't often that an exotic brand offers a big bargain, but Maserati North America has 1.9 percent financing for 60 months on its flagship Quattroporte sports sedan.

The deal marks the debut of Maserati's new captive finance arm.

Maserati says it's a one-time deal on the car - the equivalent of a year-end sales event. The deal is only available on the 2006 Quattroporte, which starts at $108,750, including shipping and gas guzzler tax. A spokesman says 60 vehicles remain in dealer stock. The offer expires Sunday, Dec. 31.

But the promotion, which also offers the option of 2.9 percent financing over 72 months, is a test "to see if those customers looking at an $80,000 competitor car would make the leap to Maserati," a spokesman says.

"So far, our data show we can expect very little incremental sales. The indication is our buyer is still more inclined to want exclusivity and exceptional servicing than pricing."

The savings from a 1.9 percent loan can be considerable: about $200 a month, assuming a 20 percent down payment and alternate financing at 6.9 percent. That's about $12,000 over the five-year loan.

The financing is being offered through Maserati Financial Services, the new captive financing arm that will be announced at the Detroit auto show. The finance company is a subsidiary of Fiat S.p.A.'s CNH Capital America LLC financial services company.

CNH Capital, of Lake Forest, Ill., provides financing for Fiat's New Holland construction and agriculture equipment units in the United States.

Maserati dealers previously offered financing through outside lenders.

The captive finance arm is likely to provide financing for Alfa Romeo when it returns to the United States. Alfa Romeo is expected to re-enter the United States in 2009.

For 2007, Maserati will offer an automatic transmission on the Quattroporte, which will be available in late January. The Quattroporte has been criticized for its automated manual transmission because of the harsh shifts in automatic mode.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts

ROFL ... Only $2,002/mo for 60 months!

I could swing it too. But I'd be eating Ramen noodles for 5 years. LOL
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by charliemike
ROFL ... Only $2,002/mo for 60 months!

I could swing it too. But I'd be eating Ramen noodles for 5 years. LOL
Well, if you're in the market for a six figure automobile.......1.9% for 60 months is a great rate, actually its a great rate period. Financing it though doesn't make the car really anymore affordable, its a big nut no matter how you slice it.

Maserati actually has been pushing 1.8% financing for awhile, just recently did they switch to 1.9%.

Not sure why its news worthy, as far as Autoweek reporting it.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,940 Likes on 14,056 Posts
Post Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S announced...

WYHI...?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Senior Moderator

From Top Gear...

Regular readers of Top Gear magazine will know about our Faszination section, where we chronicle the worst excesses of German uber-tuning.

So pervasive is the trend that 'Faszination' has become a recognised adjective, verb and probably a number of other linguistic functions within the office. Thus, when we saw the first photos of this, the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S, the question was asked: 'They haven't done a demi-Faszination, have they?'

Cue widespread outrage at such a heinous suggestion. For a start, the Quattroporte Sport GT S hasn't been tuned by some bob-a-job aftermarket firm, but rather by Maserati's in-house team.

Secondly, though it ticks most of the tune-up boxes - more aggressive looks, lowered ride, big alloys - it all fits together into a rather tasteful package.

And it should drive, too. Though the auto drivetrain and 400bhp V8 remain the same, the Quattroporte GT S sits 10mm lower at the front and 25mm lower at the back than the standard car on stiffer springs and dampers.

The electronic 'Skyhook' adjustable suspension from the stock car has been junked in favour of more conventional suspension components for what Maserati is calling a 'racing set-up'. That might be a bit strong, but the suspension should sharpen the Quattroporte up a bit.

So should its brakes. The GT S is the first-ever production car to get Brembo's new 'co-fusional' brakes: discs made from both iron and aluminium that Maserati reckons give better feel and reduced fade - hopefully without the squeaking that tends to accompany carbon-ceramics.

If you look closely at the photos, you'll notice that the rear alloys (20-inch dark chrome, since you ask) are dished slightly while the front wheels are flat. That's because the GT S has an even fatter set of rear tyres: 295/30 Pirelli rubber for increased stickiness.

The subtle visual changes are limited to a black mesh radiator grill, black quad exhausts and body-coloured door handles. Inside, there's a bit of extra carbon fibre and Alcantara, but in all it's a pleasingly understated effort.

The only issue - and the only reason that GT S has just a hint of Faszination about it - is whether the world really needs a harder Maser Quattroporte with an auto 'box. Surely you buy a Quattro' for effortless wafting rather than concentrated-expression thrashing?

But maybe not. The enduring popularity of expensively modded metal must mean there are plenty out there who think it's a good idea, so better leave it in the hands of the experts rather than a crackpot German with swathes of carbon fibre and a glue gun.

We'll see the £85k Quattroporte Sport GT S (an £8k premium over the standard £77,095 QP Automatic) in the flesh in Frankfurt, where it'll no doubt be surrounded by a bunch of Germans saying: "You know, you could fit a nice set of 22s on that..."
Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
yes... I would buy a Quattroporte over a S550 or 750i any day...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s550>quattorporte unless there is 1.9 financing.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by LotusTracker
s550>quattorporte unless there is 1.9 financing.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Maserati Quattroporte Collezione Cento announced...

Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Moderator

From Motorauthority...

The Quattroporte saloon has proven to be a great success for Maserati, accounting for the bulk of the record 7,000 cars the company delivered in 2007. In the hopes of an even more successful 2008, Maserati is in Detroit for the NAIAS with a very special, limited edition Quattroporte ‘Collezione Cento.’ Just 100 of the hyper-luxurious Italian super-saloons will be made, so if you’ve found your dream car, get your reservations in now.

On show in a delicious new shade of ivory with a contrasting coach line down the shoulder, the Collezione Cento rides elegantly on polished 20-inch seven-spoke wheels. Matching chrome side and honeycomb front grilles complete the presentation.

Inside, the Collezione Cento is the definition of comfort and style. Poltrona Frau ‘Cuoio’ colored leather seats with diamond-quilted stitching, polished Wengé wood accents and mother of pearl inlays are just some of the touches you’ll find. And once you get past the Italian leather and style, you may notice the interior of the Collezione Cento is useful, too.

Those who find themselves in the back - and let’s face it, that’s probably the owner of a car like this - will be able to take advantage of a built-in entertainment system, controlled through the rear of the center console. Dock your iPod, plug in a sim card to make phone calls directly from the car, or link in with a Bluetooth headset - it’s all built-in. Internet browsing and email is easily accessible with a special keypad integrated into the armrest, and you can see where you’re surfing on the two 10.4-inch touch-sensitive screens on the back of the headrests. The obligatory CD/DVD player is also included.

The same mechanicals that underpin the highly successful standard Quattroporte are in the Collezione Cento, meaning 400hp paired to a six-speed automatic - more than enough to get the blood flowing quickly, and certainly enough to make the backseat passengers a bit nervous.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
those seats are ballinnnnn

I love Maserati... the Quattroporte shits all over the S, 7, LS, and anything else that falls in that category.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
First Drive: 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S

When Life's Been Good
By Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor
Date posted: 07-24-2008

"My Maserati does 185/I lost my license, now I don't drive."

So sang Joe Walsh in his 1978 classic, "Life's Been Good." Should Mr. Walsh find himself in a 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S, he might be losing his license all over again, because the Quattroporte S is the most powerful four-door Maserati ever.

It'd just be a shame riding in the back of a limo instead of commanding the helm of the new 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S. In terms of exclusivity and driving enjoyment, this is the best big luxury sedan an aging rock star can buy.

"S" Is for Sport
The fourth-generation Quattroporte debuted in 2005. For the North American market, it was the second model of Maserati's rebirth following the now-discontinued Spyder/Coupe/Gransport. In our First Drive, we noted our enthusiasm for the car's sensuous Pininfarina-designed bodywork and the car's sporty character.

The 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S represents a new version of the luxury sedan, one that extends the car's capabilities beyond mere gorgeous transportation. A more powerful engine, stronger brakes and recalibrated suspension tuning are part of the plan. There are also a decent number of detail changes for 2009, including updated exterior styling and a revised interior design. Pricing has yet to be announced, but we'd guess Quattroporte S will end up in the $130,000 range.

If you're a rock star, it's totally affordable.

No Exaggeration Here — 174 mph
The Quattroporte S gets this Italian automaker's new 4.7-liter V8. This is the same engine that Maserati will be using for the new Gran Turismo S, and it's rated in this application at a maximum of 425 horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 361 pound-feet of torque at 4,750 rpm. The standard '09 Quattroporte will continue to be equipped with the carryover 400-hp 4.2-liter V8.

While 25 hp and 31 lb-ft aren't going to make a huge difference for a 4,375-pound sedan, they are both certainly welcome. The 4.7-liter V8's torque curve is much stronger and flatter from about 2,500 rpm to 4,000 rpm, and this pays dividends when driving around town. (Even rock stars have to go to the supermarket.) The Quattroporte S's alert responses and easy-going tractability meet the expectations of typical luxury-sedan buyers.

The Quattroporte S has mojo when the hammer's down as well. The V8 lets out a sublime Italian yowl at full throttle as it wraps up to a 7,500-rpm redline. Maserati claims a 0-60 time of 5.3 seconds (two-tenths quicker than the base 4.2) and a top speed of 174 mph, which measures up to Joe Walsh's expectations as well as our own.

Ciao, DuoSelect
The first Quattroportes came with a DuoSelect automated manual transmission. While this rear-mounted transaxle offered the quick throttle response of a manual transmission, the slow, clunky shift action proved to be a distraction while puttering around town, especially for those who expected a refined ride. So last year, Maserati adapted a ZF-built six-speed automatic transmission (located right behind the engine) to this platform as standard equipment.

Though it might seem odd to not offer DuoSelect for the Quattroporte S, the automatic is still better for almost all driving situations. Manual shift control is available via the gear selector or steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles. Shift response times don't rise much above adequate, but the ZF has the ability to deliver quick, rev-matching downshifts for fast driving. And if you really want the manual transmission capability of the DuoSelect, you should be in the sporting Maserati Gran Turimso S anyway.

Italian Alps
The best place to utilize the manual-shift function is on a mountain road — in the Italian Alps, for example. And conveniently, this is where the 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S stands out from the pack of mundane luxury sedans. To begin with, the Quattroporte platform positions the V8 behind the front axle for optimized weight balance (49 percent front and 51 percent rear), and this makes the nose of the car more willing to change direction. More important, the Quattroporte S's adaptive Maserati Skyhook suspension system has been retuned to deliver firmer overall damping as well as quicker reaction times to inputs from the wheels and tires.

When you select Sport mode, the suspension damping gets more aggressive and the shift schedule for the transmission optimizes performance. And you'll be able to call upon some serious brakes, because the Quattroporte S has new Brembo-engineered brakes with large 14.2-inch rotors (featuring partial aluminum construction to reduce unsprung weight), plus six-piston calipers. Though the Quattroporte S's tires are no wider than the standard model's, the new 19-inch tires deliver sharper steering response than the former 18s.

Compared to other large luxury sedans, which often drive like they've got too much starch in their tighty-whiteys, the Quattroporte S flexes its muscles in a loose linen shirt. The S-model special steering wheel feels natural in your hands, and the car easily communicates what's going on underneath your backside. Even the electronic safety nets stay out of your way until they're really needed. If there's a downside, it might be that the ride quality is a little firm if you're driving over broken pavement or well-used motorways, in which case the standard Quattroporte with its non-Skyhook suspension would be the better choice.

Dolce & Gabbana
Inside the passenger cabin, the S is pretty much identical to the regular Quattroporte, but there are a few notable changes for 2009. The center stack's controls are more logically arranged and the passenger-side airbag is more cleanly integrated into the dashboard. As before, the interior looks classy, and Maserati will customize the car to meet each individual buyer's needs. Want a hideous combo of Cuiuo Burnt Orange and Bordeaux Red? Maserati will set you up, although the word stupido may be overheard during production in Maserati's factory in Modena.

For us, the most significant interior upgrade is the new Bose multimedia system, Maserati's answer to BMW's iDrive, Mercedes' COMAND and Audi's MMI. It comes as standard equipment and includes hard-drive-based satellite navigation, a CD/MP3/DVD player, satellite radio, digital music storage, iPod integration, Bluetooth and voice activation. The head unit has a traditional look to it, with a dual-mode dial on each side of the display screen and buttons lining the top and bottom.

One interesting feature of the Bose system is its infrared proximity sensor. Move your fingers close to the right-side knob and the system will automatically bring up the proper audio or navigation menu on the screen. Based on our initial impressions, we didn't find the system to be immediately intuitive, so some actual reading of the owner's manual will still be needed. (Can rock stars read?) The Bose system isn't as cumbersome to operate as iDrive, but it doesn't seem to offer as much customization possibility, either.

Molto Bella
For us, the 2009 Maserati Quattroporte S's lack of geek-fest technology is just fine. Rather, this is a luxury sedan that provides driving enjoyment beyond just acceleration and horsepower. Spot a BMW 7 Series going down the road (if you notice it at all), and you'll think, "Oh, a 7 Series." Spy a Quattroporte S as it trumpets past, and you'll think, "Sweet, a Maserati."

Who knows, it might even be Joe Walsh driving it.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..2.*
Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Pure sex.. The best looking four door on the market period.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^
Silly Panamera FTL
Old 07-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Damn that looks good
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Beautiful! I'll take one with a Black exterior and Brown interior please!
Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
not bad... black one is sexi
Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by nokiaman
Pure sex.. The best looking four door on the market period.

Pffft...it's just keeping the seat warm for the Aston Martin Rapide.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
[QUOTE=Yumchah][QUOTE=nokiaman]Pure sex.. The best looking four door on the market period.

Pffft...it's just keeping the seat warm for the Aston Martin Rapide.
Nah...AMs only look good as 2 doors.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
agreed, Rapide is going to put this to shame. by a loooong shot.

The Mas' looks somewhat goofy, but may be praised due the lack of competitors in this class.

Also, let me say this: If I was fronting that much $$ on a luxo sedan, I would much rather be seen in a Maserati than a S Class AMG, which is usually mistaken for a everday Benz. Call me a badge whore if you like...
Old 07-25-2008, 03:34 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
very classy... LOVE LOVE LOVE the Quattroporte.

tho, I wouldn't mind that Burberry edition in the WTF Car thread
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Eh...I'd take a S600 over it
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
Originally Posted by JJaber06
Eh...I'd take a S600 over it

why the S600 over S63 AMG?

Quick Reply: Maserati: Quattroporte News