Jackson raps Asian automakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Kabachitare!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May 14, 2006

Jesse Jackson, the U.S. civil rights activist, called on Asian carmakers to increase business with ethnic minorities and diversify management and staff at their U.S. operations.

Jackson, in Los Angeles for a conference of minority-owned auto suppliers Thursday, said companies such as Honda Motor Co., Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. lack black or Latino executives in the United States. South Korea-based Hyundai and Kia also don't have diversity programs, though minorities account for half their sales, he said. Hyundai says it has minority executives.

"While the U.S. market is open to foreign automakers and to foreign competition, they must be as sensitive in economic and employment opportunities as Ford, GM and Chrysler have been down through the years," Jackson, 64, said.

Bloomberg

Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...605140668/1014
Old 05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He so craaaazy.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts

That does it.. If you ever see someone in a grass knoll, it wasnt me..
Old 05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
he doesn't care about "Ethnic" minorities...

let's just tell it like it is...he only cares about BLACK people.

Otherwise he'd be fighting for record companies to start putting out more Asian rap artists...wait, then that would take away one of the African American community strongholds, not to mention I've never really heard any Asian rap (does it exist?)...DOH!
Old 05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
oh god. tell him to grow up and stop being so anal.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I've never really heard any Asian rap (does it exist?)...DOH!
It does..
Old 05-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
It does..
i've heard some "rap like" songs in China. There was this one with these 2 kids and the rap was pretty hard-core by asian standards I guess (sexy women dancing around).

I've also heard Japanese death-metal which actually is pretty good, although I couldn't understand shit...but that pretty much applies to all death-metal.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
hail to the victors

can he ever shut his mouth?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Jesse Jackson needs to get a clue...
Old 05-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
He is such an asshole. Whatever happened to the best person for the job? I can't stand handholding and reverse discrimination.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chungkopi
can he ever shut his mouth?
Hey, someone needs to stand up for lazy people. the lazy people sure as hell aren't going to stand up for themselves...they're too busy bitching and moaning to learn how to speak coherently...J.J. is their translator.

I'm sorry and you can call me a racist if you want, but Bill Cosby hit the nail on the head.

"Yoos Be in my hizz-owz, yooz needs be gettin jacked" is not English, and if people who purposely speak like that can't get a job, then they should've spent more time in school rather than dropping out and swinging dope.

Instead, society isn't improving...the standards are just being lowered to slowly accomodate more and more of the lowest common denominator. And J.J. is the champion of that.

Last edited by mrdeeno; 05-16-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
04 remembrance

^

I'm pretty sure adults don't speak like that. It's teenagers, hiphop artists, and uneducated people (any race with their respective slangs), that fail to use proper grammar or coherent sentences. In fact, most of my black friends were great writers, but always spoke "lykes a typical cat".
Old 05-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
...not to mention I've never really heard any Asian rap (does it exist?)...DOH!

Yes, it does. In some horrible forms too!

Example:

Nothing from Nothing and Paper Doll, both by Ayumi Hamasaki, when she was 15!!

They sound awful.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iamhomin
^

I'm pretty sure adults don't speak like that. It's teenagers, hiphop artists, and uneducated people (any race with their respective slangs), that fail to use proper grammar or coherent sentences. In fact, most of my black friends were great writers, but always spoke "lykes a typical cat".
Well, "most" adults don't speak like that, but I hear a lot of adults that use pretty heavy slang in their everyday language...I was at my aunt's insurance office the other day, and a adult (35+) lady came in to "axe" a question. I ducked for cover because i didn't know if she was going to start "axing" or what.

The vast majority of people of all races either go to school or work and quietly go on with their lives. but it's the few that walk around and complaining with their off-color slang and going on and on about what's "owed" to them and "keepin' it real" that give everyone a bad rap. I've traveled to many different placed and met many different people of different social classes...and the conclusion i have come up with is that people with attitudes that EXPECT others to keep them down, or that EXPECT others to "owe" them, or EXPECT someone else to make things easy for them are the ones that usually suffer from what they say is "bad luck". OTOH, people who have better attitudes and expect only to get what they work for don't whine and bitch too much are usually the people who suffer from "good luck".

Coincidence? I have seen firsthand so many examples of both, that I don't think coincidence has anything to do with it.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
he doesn't care about "Ethnic" minorities...

let's just tell it like it is...he only cares about BLACK people.
Trust me!! Corporate extortion does NOT help Black Americans. Jesse only cares about Jesse!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm Cool

what a tool, i have never heard asian people bitching about american companies
Old 05-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Fuck Jesse Jackson. That ass is paying for the stripper's bills and college tuition after she smeared those Duke lacrosse players.

Douchebag.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
what a tool, i have never heard asian people bitching about american companies
that doesn't really help the cause.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Once again Jesse Jackson using extortion to get money.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Jesse Jackson doing his part to help ailing American automakers in his own special way.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
how handsome I am

Jesse J, you're retarded
Old 05-16-2006, 05:01 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by youngTL

Example:

They sound awful.
That's because Asians only know Pop. They sing Pip Pop.

There are however very selected few in Korea/Japan that have been accepted as a hiphop artist, but these artists usually were born and raised in America..
Old 05-16-2006, 05:18 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
this guy is a douche
Old 05-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
Jesse Jackson needs to get a fucking life and shut the fuck up. He's in no position to demand shit from anyone.

....i feel solly for his mutha...
Old 05-16-2006, 06:39 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by youngTL

Example:

They sound awful.
Still not as bad as her rock songs.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

AZ is the place where threads bishing about Jesse Jackson's bishing turn into bishing about Ayumi Hamasaki's rap.

But let's face it, she should stick to pop music. Fly High, America.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kansaiwalker1

May 14, 2006

Jesse Jackson, the U.S. civil rights activist, called on Asian carmakers to increase business with ethnic minorities and diversify management and staff at their U.S. operations.

Jackson, in Los Angeles for a conference of minority-owned auto suppliers Thursday, said companies such as Honda Motor Co., Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp. lack black or Latino executives in the United States. South Korea-based Hyundai and Kia also don't have diversity programs, though minorities account for half their sales, he said. Hyundai says it has minority executives.

"While the U.S. market is open to foreign automakers and to foreign competition, they must be as sensitive in economic and employment opportunities as Ford, GM and Chrysler have been down through the years," Jackson, 64, said.

Bloomberg

Copyright © 2006 Detroit Free Press Inc.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...605140668/1014

Someone should tell him that African American needs to study and work harder. There are too many African American relies too much on their physically ability and hoping that they would make it big on that alone.

I have seen very few african american engineers in my field (but when i do, they are good engineer- so it can be done). They need to get the mindset changed. Don't ask for oppourtunity to be handed to you, WORK FOR IT!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chiawei
.. There are too many African American relies too much on their physically ability and hoping that they would make it big on that alone.
Aside from athletes I don't there are too many African American people, or other people for that matter, who think they can make it big on physical ability alone.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
Aside from athletes I don't there are too many African American people, or other people for that matter, who think they can make it big on physical ability alone.
Maybe on the accounting department basketball team?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Someone should tell him that African American needs to study and work harder. There are too many African American relies too much on their physically ability and hoping that they would make it big on that alone.

I have seen very few african american engineers in my field (but when i do, they are good engineer- so it can be done). They need to get the mindset changed. Don't ask for oppourtunity to be handed to you, WORK FOR IT!!!!
Spoken like someone who knows VERY few African Americans in general; a demographic of which I am included. So I guess if it were not for my physical prowess, I probably would not be an investment banker now.

That said, of all the Black Americans I know (family, friends, colleagues) only three of them rely on "physically ability"....mainly because one is a senior chef for Marriott hotels, another is in culinary school and the third spent 17 seasons in the NBA (<--- I take it you are referring to African Americans like him, who can payoff your mortgage several times over without any significant impact to his bank account. ).
Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts

engrish as a second language??
Old 05-18-2006, 05:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reminds me of applying for college/universities. If you are a minority, the standards have lowered and is easier to get in. If you are white, asian, etc, then those rules dont apply.

I guess this is what America is all about. Everyone wants a piece of the action.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Kabachitare!

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
AZ is the place where threads bishing about Jesse Jackson's bishing turn into bishing about Ayumi Hamasaki's rap.

But let's face it, she should stick to pop music. Fly High, America.

I love Ayu-chan's rap.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by invincible569
Reminds me of applying for college/universities. If you are a minority, the standards have lowered and is easier to get in. If you are white, asian, etc, then those rules dont apply.
Indeed.

The worst part is, expectations of successfully completing 4 years undergrad are lowered as well. (I know as I was one of those who easily got into a major univ despite my mediocre SAT scores/HS grades, dropping out two years afterwards. It took me about a decade to get my "bearings" straight". )

Sadly, "cultural studies" degree curriculums are meant to reverse this trend....nothing like a degree for degree's sake.

:IBR&PMOVE:
Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
He has to be the biggest racist in the world
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
Spoken like someone who knows VERY few African Americans in general; a demographic of which I am included. So I guess if it were not for my physical prowess, I probably would not be an investment banker now.

That said, of all the Black Americans I know (family, friends, colleagues) only three of them rely on "physically ability"....mainly because one is a senior chef for Marriott hotels, another is in culinary school and the third spent 17 seasons in the NBA (<--- I take it you are referring to African Americans like him, who can payoff your mortgage several times over without any significant impact to his bank account. ).
Did i say all african american behave that way?

A lot of them had mind set that they can use their physical ability or claim discrinmination. Rarely do i see african american takes charge. When they do, like you, they make something out of their lives.

I have met quite bit of African American during high-school. They simply can't get different in different mindset. Jesse Jackson action and comment reinforce the comment i made.

You are probably in a different demographic than probably majority of your peers. I spent times during highschool tutoring inner city students in LA(majority are hispanics and african american). I am simply stating what i saw. Don't blame the system not giving anyone a fair shot if you don't put in the effort. I have seen minorities that put in effort and made something out of themselves. I have seen minorities squander their chance to get out of cycle.

No one is discriminating african american here nor is stereotyping african american as a race in general. I am simply stating an opinion based on what i saw and experience 1st hand. I strongly believes that you are what you make yourself into. DON'T ASK FOR FAVORS. INSTEAD MAKE THE SITUATION IN YOUR FAVOR. If you are good enough, doors are always open for you.

Let me give you one more example. When i went to college with full scholarship for my EE, we had over 200 students in our incoming student. How many african american were in my freshman class? Would you like to take a guess? It was less than 10. Out of those 10, about half of them graduated (which was better than class graduation rate) and one was exceptional (works hard, bright, and really has clear objective in life). It can be done.

The problem that i really have was that during my tutoring a lot of african american students that i tutor believes that they need to make it big based on physical ability because they believe that they are being discriminated and academics really does not help them. While i will agree that they have more obstacles to overcome being caught in poor environment, i don't agree with their mindset. Hence everytime when people like Jesse Jackson makes a statement likes that, I do have a problem with. He is not focusing on the real problem. He needs to find ways to change mindset and encourage people to change and work hard.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Suzuka Master

When I was growing up, my 'rents tried to instill in me that because I was a minority, I had to work HARDER than everyone else just to achieve the same as everyone else. And they prepared me for an unfair society.

After traveling for 5 years all over the U.S. and other countries, I've come to notice it's all about attitude. Any ethnicity, whether it be black, hispanic, asian, caucasian, etc. has people with attitudes that make them "victims" of an unfair society...so they sit around bitching and complaining that society owes them because they were born black or hispanic or asian or whatever (hello, Jesse Jackson!).

Then there are those that are just downright LAZY and want society to give to them for whatever excuse they can come up with (usually playing the race card).

Then there are those that think it's glamorous to live the gangsta lifestyle and "keep it real". these are the people that just don't give a shit about anything or anyone, drop out of school and become leaches of society.

And then there are many others with the outlook that society is unfair, but that's the way life is and they just have to work with what they're given...and they eventually find out that society isn't really that unfair and that for the most part, you get out what you put in.

People in this country have no right to complain. we're given free education yet many squander it. We're given welfare and many choose to cheat the system. There are agencies that help people find jobs, and they choose to slack off instead because they'd rather make $0/day than minimum wage.

Some of these people should be sent to any developing country to realize how good they have it. Some people in these other countries don't have a choice...they work their ASSES OFF just to earn a few cents a day to put food on the table for their family, no time or money to go to school, no chance to improve their lives, and they don't even have time to bitch about it. OTOH, when people are given a leg-up in this country, they squander it on the latest clothes and $150 sneakers, or a larger TV set, or a down payment on a car that they end up losing a few months later anyway because they can't afford to make the payments anymore.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Did i say all african american behave that way?

A lot of them had mind set that they can use their physical ability or claim discrinmination. Rarely do i see african american takes charge. When they do, like you, they make something out of their lives.

I have met quite bit of African American during high-school. They simply can't get different in different mindset. Jesse Jackson action and comment reinforce the comment i made.

You are probably in a different demographic than probably majority of your peers. I spent times during highschool tutoring inner city students in LA(majority are hispanics and african american). I am simply stating what i saw. Don't blame the system not giving anyone a fair shot if you don't put in the effort. I have seen minorities that put in effort and made something out of themselves. I have seen minorities squander their chance to get out of cycle.

No one is discriminating african american here nor is stereotyping african american as a race in general. I am simply stating an opinion based on what i saw and experience 1st hand. I strongly believes that you are what you make yourself into. DON'T ASK FOR FAVORS. INSTEAD MAKE THE SITUATION IN YOUR FAVOR. If you are good enough, doors are always open for you.

Let me give you one more example. When i went to college with full scholarship for my EE, we had over 200 students in our incoming student. How many african american were in my freshman class? Would you like to take a guess? It was less than 10. Out of those 10, about half of them graduated (which was better than class graduation rate) and one was exceptional (works hard, bright, and really has clear objective in life). It can be done.

The problem that i really have was that during my tutoring a lot of african american students that i tutor believes that they need to make it big based on physical ability because they believe that they are being discriminated and academics really does not help them. While i will agree that they have more obstacles to overcome being caught in poor environment, i don't agree with their mindset. Hence everytime when people like Jesse Jackson makes a statement likes that, I do have a problem with. He is not focusing on the real problem. He needs to find ways to change mindset and encourage people to change and work hard.
I grew up in Harlem during my formative years and have attended NYC public schools so, I have seen the complete spectrum. While I will concede that the "entitlement" mindset (perpetuated by the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, etc,...) needs to end and with your assertion on Jesse Jackson (of whom the R&P crowd on both sides of the fence know I detest), the majority of African Americans I have encountered do work diligently towards their aspirations.

Unfortunately some (like my own mother - a VP at a major US bank) believe that Jackson is a positive force mainly. It has been my observation that this sentiment is attributable to a social conditioning that began with the 1960s Civil Rights movement....a sense of entitlement due to past social injustices (and in many cases, perceived social injustices). This conditioning has manifested itself as a Black Collectivism that has controlled black American in MUCH the same way the Politburo controlled the populace of the USSR.

Revisiting the assertion of physical prowess being the preponderant factor in future career choices of young blacks, I do not see much of a difference between blacks and whites in this area. In my experience, while blacks seem to have an inclination towards Basketball and Cricket (in my neighborhood, where there is a sizeable Afro-Caribbean populace), whites seem to have an equal inclination towards Baseball and Golf. (The love of Football seems to be pretty even.)Outside of intrinsic motivation, the obvious extrinsic motivation is quite simple: money.

I can appreciate your perspective and agree with your assertion on Jackson. He is wrong for blacks and wrong for America. But as someone who a) grew up underprivileged in a single parent home, b) did not take advantage of opportunities provided, c) did not work hard during youth, d) dropped out of college because of the 'effort' involved, e) used to protest the 'anti-Black' society with the likes of Jackson (whom I have met, during my left wing days)), Sharpton, etc,..., f) later realized the value of applying my efforts diligently, I know the mindset of what you have observed from the outside. I lived it for nearly 30 years of my life and there is a LOT more to it that you realize and it is a lot deeper than not applying one's self effectively.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

:ibtm:to R&P
Old 05-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
:ibtm:to R&P
No matter the thread topic, if it mentions Jesse Jackson then R&P is where it is destined.