Infiniti: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
Unless they change the engine, I think the FX is gonna be tough to sell. The EU will look at that 15mpg highway number for the 45 and scream bloody fucking murder
The FX will actually be the vehicle where Infiniti introduces it's "cutting edge" hybrid system in the near future. It'll be of Nissan/Infiniti's own design, instead of the tech used now from Toyota in the Altima Hybrid.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,854 Likes on 14,002 Posts
Post Nissan announces first prices for Europe

From Worldcarfans...

“To infinity and beyond” is what toy character Buzz Lightyear likes repeating over and over. It’s senseless, we know that, but he’s just a robot so we forgive him. Besides, boys under 9 really like him. Infinity is of course endless but at Nissan, Infiniti is the pinnacle, the very top of everything there is to be, the end-all. Infiniti brand has been around for 19 years in countries like Mexico, the US, China and Ukraine. It even dipped a little into the South African market. Yet for whatever reason, the brand has never fully taken advantage of the European market, very much like Lexus before its decision to enter fully. Now Infiniti is going Euro and going deep.

Spain will be one of the first places to find your G37s and FXs when in October these cars start selling there. The range will be four-fold with 11 variations thereof. So it’s G37 sedan, G3 coupe, EX and FX. Prices start at €42,500 for the G37 sedan with 235kW and 360Nm of torque. It’s the new 3.7-litre V6 VQ series with Variable Valve Event and Lift and runs across the whole range, except on the FX50 S. That one is good for 287kW and 500Nm from its 5.0-litre V8, which compares well with its direct rivals like the BMW X5 4.8i, Mercedes-Benz ML 500 and Porsche Cayenne S.

These Infiniti cars come equipped standard with many features that other sellers offer through a list as long as Naomi Campbell’s legs. Some of these include adaptive bi-xenon headlamps, Bluetooth, keyless entry and start, parking sensors, 18 inch alloy wheels and Scratch Shield paint. Entering Europe without even one diesel model is very risky so hopefully before too long we can start to see some oil-burning going on at Infiniti.
Press release here: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080729....ces-for-europe
Old 11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Infiniti: 0% Financing on All Models

Infiniti Hopes 0% Financing will Spur Sales
Infiniti has launched its annual Limited Engagement Winter Event a month ahead of schedule in an attempt to boost demand for its luxury offerings. Like all major automakers, Infiniti’s sales have been impacted by the global financial downturn. At the center of the program is a zero percent financing offer on all models.

Zero percent financing is available for 36 months on all 2008 models. A number of cash discounts are also being offered for purchases and leases across the board. During the Limited Engagement Winter Event, customers can lease the 2008 Infiniti G Sedan for $349 per month and the 2008 Infiniti G Coupe or Infiniti EX for $399 monthly, the company noted.

“We know there is still a demand for the luxury and performance of Infiniti automobiles, but with the negative consumer news of late, consumer perception is there’s no financing available,”
said Ben Poore, vice president of marketing for Infiniti. ”With Infiniti’s Limited Engagement Winter Event, we’re spreading the word that Infiniti has the cars buyers want, with the financing and lease options they need.”

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
good luck?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,235 Likes on 824 Posts
I got 1.9 last year for 60 months...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 PM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's funny how everybody was how dumb this was when Ford did it years back but now everybody's on the bandwagon.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Safety Car

Perfect timing. My sister is getting an EX35 in two weeks.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Derk's K24
It's funny how everybody was how dumb this was when Ford did it years back but now everybody's on the bandwagon.
You mean back when everyone else was having record sales?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Derk's K24

It's funny how you mention dumb in an illegible statement.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by sho_nuff1997
Old 11-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i think if you're in the right position, the deals are out there (for cars, real estate, "toys", etc.) Infiniti gave me a $10k incentive to buy my '06 M45 sport lease w/ 3.9% for 60mo financing (came out to $24k before taxes). I think this incentive was only limited to the M models, but they may have expanded it now. Of course I jumped on it considering I only have 30k miles (48k allowed at lease return this December) and know the history of the car.

A 4 cylinder '06 Accord with similar mileage is already $20k! Getting an M45 sport with 30k for $24k is a hell of a deal in my book...don't think i would've gone 0% for a new model even if I did return my M.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:25 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
You mean back when everyone else was having record sales?
x2.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Not just a smell

Ah, youth :gheylaugh

In any event, the 0% financing is a gimmick, i.e. meaningless without the total sale price (incl. all fees) and residual value if it is a lease.

For example, I got my 08TL-S with a 0.9% lease rate but Acura was offering $5000 off for cash buyers. Because of this, the real, "effective" lease rate was around 5% since I was paying $5000 more for the same car.

Fortunately, I got $3000 off so it was better overall to lease, with all things considered.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Arrow Australia

Infiniti to Challenge BMW, Audi & Mercedes-Benz
A new luxury brand is on the way to Australia with hopes of upsetting the establishment.

BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus will soon have a new challenger in Australia from Nissan.

The Japanese car maker today confirmed it plans to sell a range of sedans, coupes and SUVs under its US-focused luxury brand Infiniti from around September 2012.

As part of a global expansion that now reaches more than 40 countries beyond its 21-year-old US market, Infiniti ‘‘will not be a niche player’’ in Australia and take on established luxury brands in terms of price and specification. 3 models will be initially sold in 3 stand-alone, franchise-owned dealerships in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

The fastest-growing luxury marque that outsold Audi in the US last year says it differs from its competitors — including Toyota’s own luxury brand Lexus — by offering ‘‘aggressive, modern and edgy vehicle design’’, ‘‘inexcusably sporty driving dynamics’’ and a ‘‘boutique, hotel-type customer experience’’ akin to the attentive Japanese hospitality philosophy.

The 3 initial Japanese-built models include a BMW 3-Series-sized G37 coupe and convertible, an Audi A6/BMW 5-Series-sized ‘M’ large car and the uniquely styled FX crossover SUV hero, about the size of a BMW X5. Infiniti Cars Australia chose against the aging G37 sedan, opting to wait for an all-new model due to be unveiled within the next 2 to 3 years.

Engine choices comprise a 175kW/550Nm 3.0-litre turbo diesel V6, a 235kW/360Nm 3.7-litre petrol V6 (closely related to Nissan’s 370Z sports car) and a 5.0-litre petrol V8 producing 290kW and 500Nm of torque. All will be mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission via either all- or rear-wheel drive, depending on the model.

Australia’s Infiniti general manager Kevin Snell remained tight-lipped about prices at the brand’s pre-launch event this week, other than to say that Infiniti ‘‘will not be the cheapest luxury brand’’ and that they will be better equipped than European competitors. He also quashed any suggestion that Infiniti would follow Lexus’ value-packed business model of leaving no features to the options list.

Infiniti will target a younger buyer demographic aged between 30 and 40 years compared with some of the traditional, conservative luxury makes who are typically older.

‘‘Infiniti customers are ‘‘quiet rebels’’. They’re rebellious of the mainstream and are typically looking for something different,’’ says Snell.

‘‘They’re more of an individualist-type customer who are passionate about design and technology. They are early adopters and risk-takers and don’t like traditional conversative status and want to stand out from the crowd,’’
he says.

‘‘They might even be tired of an Audi, BMW or Mercedes their neighbour drives’’.

Infiniti arrives in a notoriously tough Australian luxury car market that rewards history and longevity. It took Audi years to crack the Mercedes-Benz and BMW juggernaut that accounted for the majority of luxury sales.

More recently Lexus has seen its market share drop. Despite 2010 growth of 11.8% the brand’s sales were down about 20% on only a few years earlier.

And it was only last year that Cadillac reversed its decision to re-enter the Australian market following the global financial crisis.

‘‘We’re not in any rush to get to market — it’s a long-term plan. I don’t think there’s any quick way to launch a luxury brand,’’ says Snell.

‘‘We’re here for the long-term and we’re investing tens of millions of dollars over a number of years to get this off the ground and make it successful."

Infiniti’s unsuccessful 1st encounter with the Australian market took place in the mid-1990s with the Q45, a large rear-drive sedan that sold in small numbers through Nissan dealerships.

‘‘We don’t have any brand equity; people don’t know us and we don’t have existing customers. So the 1st couple of years will be all about building the brand, customer experience, [separate] retail network and then we think the sales will come."

‘‘In our 3rd, 4th and 5th year, with a broader range of product, national footprint and well-established brand and good reputation, then we’ll concentrate on doing decent [sales] volume and start to make some inroads."

Mr Snell forecasted around 15 to 20 national Infiniti Centres within the next 5 to 10 years.

INFINITI MODELS AT A GLANCE

INFINITI FX
Touted by executives as the brand’s hero model, the FX is a mid-size luxury SUV that will compete against BMW’s popular X5 and Lexus’ RX.
All 3 Euro 5 emissions-compliant engines will be on offer including 235kW/360Nm 3.7-litre petrol V6, 290kW/500Nm V8 and a 175kW/550Nm 3.0-litre turbo diesel V6 driving either the rear or all 4 wheels (depending on model variant) via a 7-speed automatic gearbox.

Top-level technologies include Infiniti’s ‘Intelligent AWD’ system that can channel between 0 and 50%t of torque to the front wheels, radar cruise control, lane-departure prevention, a blind-spot warning device, and 360-degree camera monitoring to aid parking. An aluminium bonnet and doors are employed to save weight.

Competitors: Audi Q5, BMW X5, Lexus RX, Mercedes-Benz ML-Class

Estimated price range: Between $80,000 and $130,000 (plus on-road and dealer costs).

INFINITI G37
Approximately the size of a BMW 3-Series, the recently revised G range (sold as the Nissan Skyline range in Japan) will comprise coupe and convertible variants solely powered by the aforementioned 235kW 3.7-litre V6 and mated to a 7-speed auto. Infiniti Cars Australia has yet to confirm whether both rear- and all-wheel drive layouts will be offered.

Expect high levels of standard equipment including the availability of bi-xenon headlights with cornering function, leather-trimmed, electrically adjustable front seats, active cruise control, satellite navigation, reversing camera and a high-end audio system.

Sports-oriented variants are likely to add 4-wheel active steering, a limited-slip differential, sports suspension and upgraded brakes.

Competitors: Audi A4 and A5, BMW 3-Series Coupe and Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Lexus IS.

Estimated price range: Between $80,000 and $95,000 (plus on-road and dealer costs).

INFINITI M
Launched in the US earlier this year, Infiniti’s large sedan will feature similar powertrains, including the 3.7-litre V6 (M37), 3.0-litre turbo-diesel (M30d) and 313kW/565Nm 5.6-litre V8 in both rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations.

Infiniti’s hybrid system will debut in the M series delivering V8 performance with 4-cylinder fuel efficiency. Dubbed the ‘‘driver’s hybrid’’, the M35h is powered by a 3.5-litre V6 and electric motor for V8-like performance (261kW) and claimed 4-cylinder economy (8.1 litres per 100km). Infiniti Australia is aiming to offer the M35h to coincide with the brand’s launch.

Featuring a regenerative braking system and a high-output lithium-ion battery, the electric motor is said to be able to power the M35h at speeds up to 100 km/h and drive in electric mode for as much as 50% of the time.

As the Infiniti flagship, expect the high equipment levels including the aforementioned as well as driver-selectable engine/transmission performance modes, blind-spot warning and intervention systems, radar cruise control and a Sport Package comprising four-wheel ‘active’ steering, sports-tuned suspension, ‘Sport Brakes’ and 20-inch alloy wheels.

Competitors: Audi A5 Sportback and A6, BMW 5-Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Lexus GS.

Estimated price range: Between $80,000 and $120,000 (plus on-road and dealer costs).
Old 03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
3 dealers in the whole country - that is very boutique. I have to assume that like elsewhere, the corner Nissan dealer will work on these. Or maybe by then, the MB dealer will.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,854 Likes on 14,002 Posts
What about Acura...?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not really sure how Infiniti is going to compete with MB since they have never really competed in the first place, hence why they have a partnership alliance now. Would seem odd to be competing against someone you share technology and designs with.