Infiniti: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
I will most PROBABLY try to get extended test drives of the RL, M45, and GS430 prior to making my final decision, but it doesnt' look good for the RL at all.
See this is exactly what I am talking about.

A long time ago, I have learned to not make up my mind about a car from just looking at specs or reading the mags. Many times I was completely disappointed from cars that all mags praised and looked excellent on paper and vice versa.

You and me, might both be disappointed by the RL, but something tells me that once again, Acura knows what they're doing and the fact that C&D liked the car so much, is closer to what we'll think.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gavriil

A long time ago, I have learned to not make up my mind about a car from just looking at specs or reading the mags. Many times I was completely disappointed from cars that all mags praised and looked excellent on paper and vice versa.

You and me, might both be disappointed by the RL, but something tells me that once again, Acura knows what they're doing and the fact that C&D liked the car so much, is closer to what we'll think.
Right, and with it selling relatively slowly and the amount off MSRP you can get (from what I've been hearing), the RL is a GREAT bargain for what you get.

But again, I have my doubts because I already test drove the M45 sport, so I've already been biased by v8 torque.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by gavriil

and of the brief (about 1hr) test drive of the M45 sport, to me it more than lived up to its reviews.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:49 PM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a great debate. i don't think acura needs a v8 right now IMO. acura is doing well, people. new RL is 5 times better than the past RL. TL and TSX sells like a hotcake. future is bright for them, and i think honda/acura just need to worry about civic/accord dropping in sales.

anyway, i think v8 acura will do no good for me for now, because if i were to spend 55K+, it better be something other than acura.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumchah
Dynamic market for luxury vehicles alright. There are so many Mercs, BMWs there...

And they have 100% tax!
Let me clarify the reasoning behind that. A country like Taiwan looks very heavily on $$ to judge what type of person you are. A mercedez benz or a BMW is the ultimate sign that you have lots of money. You would not believe it, some people even borrow money from friends just to have a down payment to finance a mercedes. You have no idea how bad it is. When people from that country come over to the US they do all sorts of shit that us Americans only know the tip of the iceberg of just to make money. Except here they buy houses and compare with each other how much $$ their house is. The person with the bigger house wins! and the person with the house that isn't as expensive looses . That's the culture. Same goes for most of the asian countries around that region. Except Japan.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Begins Vehicle Sales In Korea, Next Step In Global Rollout

-New Six-Story Luxury Infiniti Showroom Opens in Gangnam-

SEOUL (July 28, 2005) – Nissan Korea Co., Ltd. today celebrated its official Infiniti launch in the Korean market in conjunction with the opening of a new luxury showroom, the first of four showrooms scheduled to open in Korea in the next few months. The initial lineup of Infiniti vehicles, which go on sale on July 29, includes the new Infiniti M45 and M35 sport sedans, the award-winning G35 sedan and G35 coupe, and the flagship Q45 luxury performance sedan. The Infiniti FX45 and FX35 luxury crossover SUVs join the model lineup in September. Infiniti plans to achieve sales of 700 units in the second half of 2005, 2,000 units in 2006, and to eventually reach a 10 percent share of the 50,000-unit Korean imported car market by 2010.

Infiniti’s entry into the Korean market is part of the global expansion of the brand. Sales of Infiniti originated in the United States in 1989, where it has become one of the fastest growing luxury brands in recent years. Taiwan and the Middle East began selling Infiniti vehicles in the past few years. Following Korea, Infiniti will launch sales organizations in Russia, China and ultimately Japan.

“We’re excited to be part of the effort to make Infiniti a globally recognized luxury brand,” said Kenneth Engberg, president and chief executive officer, Nissan Korea. “We will be bringing to Korean luxury buyers not only our outstanding lineup of luxury performance vehicles but also our world-renowned level of customer service known as the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience.”

Engberg was joined at the launch and grand opening celebration by a number of Nissan and Infiniti global executives, including Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. (NML) Chief Operating Officer Toshiyuki Shiga, NML Executive Vice President Carlos Tavares and Vice President and General Manager, Infiniti North America, Mark Igo, all of whom participated in a media panel at the dealership.

The new Infiniti showroom in Gangnam, operated by SS Motors, is the first Infiniti dealership in the world to incorporate the new Infiniti Retail Environment Design Initiative (IREDI) design standards – as well as being the world’s first six-story vertical design.

“The IREDI program, which was created in conjunction with the design and brand strategists Lippincott Mercer, sets a new, dynamic global dealership design standard for Infiniti retailers around the world,” said Igo. “Infiniti dealers in the United States will be the next to implement the IREDI program starting next year and we expect it to enhance our already high standards of customer satisfaction through its luxury-oriented service features.”

Among the highlights of the new Gangnam, Korea dealership are a first floor reception area and lounge – much like the lobby of a luxury hotel – and an inside vehicle delivery space. The second floor features another lounge, Infiniti gallery and customer communications space, while the fifth and sixth floors offer vehicle display areas and consulting rooms. The third floor is a parking area for pre-delivery of customer cars and the fourth floor is utilized for office space. A dedicated vehicle service center is located in the basement of the building. An indoor lift connects each level.

“The concept for the dealership layout comes from consideration for our customers, allowing them to experience Infiniti at their own pace – like admiring art pieces, rather than forcing them immediately into a sales area,” said Engberg.

Additional new Infiniti dealerships are nearing completion in Seocho (September opening) and Busan (December opening). A fourth point will be opened in the Bundang region.

“We expect Infiniti to change the luxury car landscape here in Korea with its vibrant product line, exceptional attention to customer service and our beautiful new showroom designs,” said Engberg. “The next chapter in Infiniti’s ongoing success story begins here in Korea today.”

http://www.infinitinews.com/
Old 07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Pro

Infiniti. Their expansion is happening pretty fast.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Continuing to hit on all cylinders for Nissan/Renault. Shame on the ones that find it impossible to do so.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

That six story dealership sounds tight. I liked the sketches we saw, but now that I know what's inside, I'm looking forward to see the one in my area go through it's conversion.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:13 PM

Received 2,797 Likes on 1,990 Posts
wow so i guess the info in gran turismo 4 was right
Old 07-29-2005, 02:23 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
sweet!!! good for korea...
Old 12-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Infiniti to enter China's emerging luxury market

Infiniti to enter China's emerging luxury market - - By Alysha Webb - - Source: Automotive News

BEIJING -- Nissan Motor Co. will begin importing its Infiniti luxury sedans into China by the end of 2007, the Japanese automaker said on Monday, Dec. 19.

"We aim to have 10 percent of the premium (import) market by 2011," said Sharon Shen, spokesperson for Nissan (China) Investment Co.

The company is still working out which models will be imported, she added.

Nissan hopes to have 10 dealerships in place for the launch, Shen said.

The market for such high-end imported cars is around 35,000 units a year, said Yale Zhang, head of emerging markets forecasting for CSM Asia in Shanghai.

Infiniti is a relative late comer to China's premium import market. Mercedes, BMW, and Toyota's Lexus brand are already here.

Said Shen: "We don't really feel that this is late. The customer tastes are still developing. In 2007, customers will develop their own tastes instead of just following trends."

Nissan will have a unique marketing and sales strategy for the Infiniti brand, she said.

Marketing will be key because Chinese aren't familiar with the Infiniti brand, though Nissan-badged cars are assembled and sold in China, said Zhang.

Said Mei Songlin, deputy general manager of J.D. Power and Associates China operations: "Generally, Chinese people believe in European luxury brands. The only exception is Lexus. Before Toyota launched Lexus here, the brand's Chinese name was well known."
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Hmm....interesting...

Having just been to China recently, I must say that the number of luxury cars, even in cities like Beijing, which have a fair amount of wealthy foreigners, is quite low. However, you can tell who the big shots are because they're the ones driving around in the MB S500.

And they're absolutely right about marketing being important. If there's one thing that the Chinese value, it's brand image (I'm Chinese, btw) so unless they can bring out Infiniti with an image equal to Mercedes and BMW, then they will suffer the same fate as Lexus has in China thus far, which appears to be mediocre sales compared with the German competition.

Also, there is still some latent bitterness towards the Japanese because of what happened during WWII so Infiniti will have to tread lightly with that aspect of the brand.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Banned

Buick is big in China....the Infiniti is probably overkill for that market.....best to bring in the Nissan name and sell the maximas.....
Old 12-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Buick is big in China....the Infiniti is probably overkill for that market.....best to bring in the Nissan name and sell the maximas.....
I knew Buick was big over there, but aren't they more of an upscale, aspirational brand there? As opposed to a full lux maker like MB/BMW. Buick doesn't compete with them, do they?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by titan
I knew Buick was big over there, but aren't they more of an upscale, aspirational brand there? As opposed to a full lux maker like MB/BMW. Buick doesn't compete with them, do they?
They'll probably see them in the same light.....cuz they arent MB...BMW isnt real big over there....its all about the big cars....
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,916 Likes on 14,037 Posts
Post Infiniti heads to Europe

Source: Topgear.com

Get your atlas out and pay attention. The Infiniti luxury brand, which is owned by Nissan from Japan, is set to come to Europe in 2008 from the US.

After successful launches in Russia and China this year - which shows where Europe stands in the world order nowadays - Infiniti is heading for the UK.

Infiniti/Nissan is keeping quiet about which cars will be sold in Europe, but it's rumoured the G Coupe and Saloon, and FX SUV are on the cards.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Team Owner

Hmm...that explains the QX56 I saw while in Beijing...

And as for Infiniti going to Europe, this was an easy move. I'm sure that with Nissan and Renault's already present distribution network that this will be an easy transition.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Midnight Marauder

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Considering the sporty nature of the G and M series, they might actually do quite good over there.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by jwong77
Considering the sporty nature of the G and M series, they might actually do quite good over there.
It's not really the product that sells over there, though. Europeans tend to stick to European brands. None of the Japanese automakers have as much success over there as they do over here. Lexus, for example, has been floundering over there while flourishing over here. I remember to had to break that one bit of sad news to 1sicklex, but he in the end finally had to admit to it.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by phile
I remember to had to break that one bit of sad news to 1sicklex, but he in the end finally had to admit to it.
good job
Old 04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Talking Lexus is considered to be UGLY in Europe

It's not really the product that sells over there, though. Europeans tend to stick to European brands. None of the Japanese automakers have as much success over there as they do over here. Lexus, for example, has been floundering over there while flourishing over here. I remember to had to break that one bit of sad news to 1sicklex, but he in the end finally had to admit to it.
This is SO TRUE. I lived in Europe for a while and they were so uninterested in Lexus. They consider it a very expensive Japanese car, and that's about it. In fact, I remember that one car magazine quite clearly stated that the Lexus LS was butt ugly! Well, I kinda agree with that... (shoot, they have not even seen the ES330! LOL).
Old 04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Safety Car

Great move for Infiniti. This bodes a branding question though. Infiniti's also set to be introduced in Japan soon. Are they making the next gen G (Skyline) an Infiniti G branded product? Same possibly for the next gen M (Fuga)?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Suzuka Master

I personally think Infiniti has a chance over there, much the same way Lexus did, but in a different way.

Infiniti and Lexus are pretty polar opposites when it comes to cars...Infiniti's have always been much sportier and Lexii usually are much more plush. This is one of the reasons Lexus does so well in the U.S...it's so squishy and reliable!

I haven't spent too much time in Europe so i can't comment on whether Europeans like "sporty" cars more than "plush" cars, but I have a feeling they do which is why every non-european automaker tries to tune their cars for "european" handling, whatever that means.

In other words, can anyone comment on Lexus doing poorly in Europe due to both product AND brand? Because if Inf. can at least nail the product part, they have a better chance.

On another note...I work with a lot of Danes in the U.S., and they seem to like big American boaty cars (old caddies, towncars, etc.) for some reason.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Infiniti does certainly have potential for European sales success.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I kind of wish they had a diesel here, too.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Lexus, for example, has been floundering over there while flourishing over here. I remember to had to break that one bit of sad news to 1sicklex, but he in the end finally had to admit to it.
How could that be!

/1SICKLEX
Old 04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
The FX is a popular import in Europe.

The article incorrectly says that Infiniti is coming to Europe from the US - unless they import the QX56 - all will come from Japan.

When the smallest engine Infiniti offers is a rather thirsty VQ, Europeans would have to be fed a different drivetrain diet to accept such cars. Infiniti would have to borrow some diesels and smaller engines out of other cars.

Europeans do buy Japanese vehicles - most small SUVs (the only ones sold there) are Asian brands.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by biker
The FX is a popular import in Europe.

The article incorrectly says that Infiniti is coming to Europe from the US - unless they import the QX56 - all will come from Japan.

When the smallest engine Infiniti offers is a rather thirsty VQ, Europeans would have to be fed a different drivetrain diet to accept such cars. Infiniti would have to borrow some diesels and smaller engines out of other cars.

Europeans do buy Japanese vehicles - most small SUVs (the only ones sold there) are Asian brands.
It should be easy enough for them to borrow powertrains from the Nissan side or even the Renault side of the operation.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:17 PM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
i love the title...
Old 09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Moscow Auto Show: Infiniti Debuts in Russian Market - - Source: Edmunds.com

MOSCOW — Luxury cars are hot in Russia now.

That trend is not lost on Nissan, which has just joined the ranks of Bentley, Lexus, Rolls-Royce and Mercedes-Benz by introducing the Infiniti brand in the country.

The Infiniti brand was officially inaugurated at the Moscow International Auto Show, where the Infiniti Coupe Concept was on display.

There's a reason why Nissan chose Russia as a test bed for the launch of the Infiniti luxury brand to European territory. Its archenemy, Toyota's Lexus, sold close to 5,200 cars in Russia during the first seven months of this year — as many as it sold in Russia in all of 2005. Lexus is currently more popular than any of the German prestige brands, even BMW, which assembles vehicles in Russia.

Infiniti sales will start in Russia this fall with the FX crossover and M sedan, to be joined by the G35 and QX56 SUV early next year. At the show, Infiniti announced its Europe headquarters will be set up in Switzerland, and dealerships in Russia will be opened in Moscow and St. Petersburg initially. Infiniti will start sales in Ukraine in 2007, the company said.

A full European launch for the brand is planned in 2008.

What this means to you: It's interesting to see where luxury brands are accepted and where they fail. We'll see if Infiniti has what it takes to navigate a new market.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

A friend of mine in Moscow says he can already go to a dealer and buy an Infiniti.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Safety Car

And Infiniti marches on... can't help but wonder whats going in with them in Japan. I assumed the Skyline would be introduced as the G there with this new gen.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by titan
And Infiniti marches on... can't help but wonder whats going in with them in Japan. I assumed the Skyline would be introduced as the G there with this new gen.
Maybe they were waiting to see how Lexus does. Considering that Lexus is at only 60% of projected sales - they might wait some more.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Nissan unveils Infiniti brand in China - - SOurce: Autonews.com

BEIJING -- Nissan Motor Co. today unveiled its Infiniti luxury brand in China, a market that is increasingly becoming saturated in the premium segment.

The first models under the Infiniti brand, which has sold more than 1 million units since being launched in 1989, will go on sale in China next summer, Nissan (China) Investment President Yukihisa Kayashima told reporters in Beijing.

Two models will initially be sold, a sedan and an SUV, rising to five in 2008, he said, declining to give pricing or forecast sales.

The cars will be built in Japan, and Kayashima said there were no plans at present to manufacture in China.

The Infiniti will be pitted against other premium marques such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.

"Competition is getting fierce, but the market is expanding," Kayashima said. "In that sense, we still have a good future."

The first dealership -- in the booming coastal city of Shanghai -- began being built last month, he said.

Nissan, held 44 percent by France's Renault SA, is also eyeing the emerging Russia market for its high-end brand.

Nissan has made China a key pillar of its growth plans. It aims to increase sales in China to 300,000 units in 2007, up 50 percent from this year.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Team Owner

I wonder which sedan? I have already seen the Infiniti QX56 the last time I was in Beijing so it wouldn't surprise me if this were the SUV.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
I wonder which sedan? I have already seen the Infiniti QX56 the last time I was in Beijing so it wouldn't surprise me if this were the SUV.
It'll probably be the M35/45
Old 11-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Team Owner

It'll probably be the M35/45
Actually, I'm kinda hoping it'll be the G35.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Infiniti: Launches in Europe for 2008 **Prices Announced (page 1)**

Infiniti Europe 2008: 20 Years in the Making
Auto Channel
February 25, 2008

LONDON - In April 2006, Mr Carlos Ghosn, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd, stepped up to a podium in Tokyo and made the announcement that many within the organization had long been waiting to hear: the Infiniti line up of distinctive performance luxury vehicles would be coming to Western Europe. The opportunity to go head-to-head against the world’s leading luxury marques in one of the most competitive automotive markets would be one of the final stops in a journey that started nearly two decades prior, for a brand destined to be ‘more than a company that makes cars.’

“Infiniti is recognized globally for its blend of design, performance and luxury,” said Mr Ghosn. “We are now ready to bring this unique brand to consumers in Europe.”

Unique Infiniti Models and Organization

With Infiniti sales in Europe targeted to begin from the fourth quarter of 2008, the initial focus will be on Infiniti’s unique, highly distinctive crossovers – the all-new Infiniti EX37 luxury coupe crossover and the all-new, second-generation Infiniti FX luxury sports crossover, which makes its world debut in March 2008 at the Geneva Auto Show. The Infiniti Europe line up will also include the new award winning, second-generation Infiniti G37 and G37 Coupé. Each Infiniti model will be fine-tuned for European customers’ unique needs, rigid quality standards and demanding European driving conditions.

“Infiniti is not looking for huge market share in Europe,” explained Mr Ghosn recently. “Europe is an opportunity to grow Infiniti and establish a solid base.”

In Europe, Infiniti will operate with total brand separation from Nissan, with Infiniti’s European headquarters located near Geneva in Rolle, Switzerland.

Quality Retail Partners Committed to Customer Satisfaction

To ensure optimal customer support, Infiniti has selected a very limited number of highly qualified distributors across Europe with experience in selling other premium and/or luxury automotive brands, with a priority on metropolitan city centre locations.

As in every new market since inception, Infiniti will be bringing not just vehicles and their technology and performance leadership, but the unique Infiniti sales and service philosophy known as the ‘Total Ownership Experience.’

“The goal in Europe is to make sure that Infiniti is profitable, has long-term sustainability and that customer satisfaction is very high,” said Mr Ghosn.

Great customer service, as embodied in the Total Ownership Experience, is not a marketing initiative or short-term commitment, it is a core part of Infiniti’s DNA. It is the reassurance to customers that they can purchase a new Infiniti in a hassle-free, highly respectful manner – and enjoy the confidence that they will be taken care of throughout the entire period of Infiniti ownership.

The key to achieving this – a formula proven time and again as Infiniti enters new sales markets – is starting with premier automotive retail groups that share Infiniti’s vision of adding customer-relevant, high-value services on top of Infiniti’s exciting, technically advanced performance luxury cars and crossovers.

“In Europe, the Total Ownership Experience goes hand-in-hand with great products and with our high quality, well-capitalised retail centres network,” said Jim Wright, Vice President Infiniti Europe. “We see a huge opportunity to provide customer care unlike anything else offered in Europe today. We will engage customers with experiences tailored around their lives and lifestyles, not just their vehicles themselves.” State-of-the-Art Dealer Facilities

In Western Europe, Infiniti retail facilities will follow a new design concept known as IREDI (Infiniti Retail Environment Design Initiative), which was developed in 2005 for its centre partners around the world.

The core premise of the IREDI concept is to create a welcoming environment for buying and servicing an Infiniti vehicle, enhancing the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience and strengthening customer loyalty. The designated Infiniti centres architecture is energetic and modern, with an accent on natural materials and open lighting.

A key aspect of the IREDI programme is its ‘flexibility within a framework,’ which takes into consideration the widely varying situations faced by Infiniti retailers worldwide regarding differences in geographies, locations and space. For example, some Infiniti European locations may be sales centres only, with service facilities located off-site. All European Infiniti centres will have minimum showroom sizes to house at least six Infiniti vehicles in the sales lounge, with adequate space dedicated to each vehicle to enhance the shopping experience.

“Infiniti Europe centre partners are able to choose from a variety of materials, furnishings and artwork, yet the retail environments will have a consistent brand image and execution and all will provide a very customer-centric setting,” said Jim Wright, Vice President Infiniti Europe. The Infiniti Brand Philosophy

Along with tailoring the Infiniti product line up to European needs and customer standards – and establishing a new Infiniti retail network from the ground up – another challenge facing Infiniti is cementing in buyers’ minds a distinctive Infiniti brand message.

First, rather than trying to be a premium brand for all people, Infiniti makes a more personal statement designed to attract buyers with a similar vision – buyers who thrive on experiences rather than status alone.

Mr Ghosn puts it this way: “Infiniti is not about doing what everyone else is doing. It is not about copying traditional, conservative notions of luxury. We will not try to be all things to all people, but everything to some people.”

At the heart of Infiniti’s ongoing passion and commitment to create vehicles that have significance beyond their physical substance is a concept called Graceful Strength.

“We have taken calculated risks to differentiate our models from the predictable offerings that fill the premium car market, offering cars that thrill and exhilarate in a way that is entirely new to customers,” said Mr Ghosn. “Infiniti are vehicles with character that are a destination in their own right – beautiful, warm designs, sometimes even edgy and aggressive, but always distinctive and true.”

Graceful Strength is multi-dimensional, prescribing a rich, deep, authentic experience in performance, luxury refinement and design. It can be seen in each Infiniti model’s inspired shapes, flowing curves, and in the vehicle’s expression of dignity, subtlety and quiet confidence.

Three Infiniti Brand Pillars

Graceful Strength is supported by three brand pillars: Driving Pleasure, Peace of Mind and Hospitality. Together they provide structure and direction through every design and engineering decision, every customer interaction and every way in which an Infiniti driver engages with the brand.

While all three brand pillars are qualities intrinsic to the complete Infiniti experience, Driving Pleasure – and in particular the cars’ performance – is arguably the most important. With power outputs starting at over 310hp, it is clear that every Infiniti model on sale in Europe has been designed to satisfy the most demanding of drivers.

But this performance is just a part of a dynamic driving experience that embraces outstanding handling with the option of four-wheel drive, superb ride comfort, exceptional refinement, precise steering and powerful brakes. In short, the Infiniti driving experience is one to be savoured.

Peace of Mind can be as simple as the security of a strong safety rating and the reassurance of an advanced air bag system. It embraces the remarkable ‘self-healing’ paint found on all Infiniti models, and the Around View Monitor on the EX 37 and the FX, which removes the worry of parking in a tight space.

Peace of Mind also leads to a feeling of well-being which can be captured in the tactile feel of the controls, the reassuring ‘thunk’ of a closing door and the elegant analogue clock on the dashboard, an Infiniti signature feature.

Hospitality can refer to the subtle ambient lighting which bathes the interior in a soft glow at night and the comfort offered by the quality materials found within the cabin. But it also extends beyond the vehicle itself to the company that designs, builds and sells it and can equally refer to the level of service guaranteed from the dedicated network of Infiniti retailers being established across Europe. Infiniti Design Philosophy

As the soul of the Infiniti brand, the concept of Graceful Strength shapes Infiniti’s plans and is core to how the company approaches its customers, its retailers, its engineering and technology development, and especially its designs.

Under the direction of Shiro Nakamura, Senior Vice President and Design Director, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd, Infiniti vehicles have developed a powerful design aesthetic – often symbolised by simple brush strokes – known as ‘Vibrant Design.’

“We are people who enjoy designing for life, rather than simply creating mechanical objects,” explains Nakamura. “We embrace the continuous advancement of design and share a passion and freedom to create brave new Infiniti vehicles.”

Infiniti design not only reflects Graceful Strength, but also a deep history and a tribute to Japanese tradition. Infiniti designs are timeless, honest and true to their intent – simple, unembellished, unadorned – form rooted in its core purpose. Yet, at the same time, Infiniti design is dramatic and daring in its essence, combining modern, progressive luxury with a strong, ageless Japanese heritage.

Infiniti design consists of five factors: vibrant colours that captivate; rooted in the power of nature; elegant form with motion; an awe inspiring presence; and an optimistic and progressive attitude. These five factors embrace the perspective of four key design values.

The first is ‘Energetic Force,’ which describes the image of the ‘Power of Nature,’ a living force flowing from within, an energetic mass with dynamic surface like a vigorous brush stroke. It can be seen in the dynamic ‘wave’ shape of the G37’s bonnet and its strong rising beltline, flowing C-pillar and muscular rear wheel arches.

The second design value is ‘Spiritual Precision,’ which represents finesse and beauty that is created with attention and care far beyond mechanical precision. This is embodied not just in the millimetre-perfect shut lines, but also in the ‘washi’-style textured aluminium trim in the cockpit that resembles a style of traditional Japanese handmade paper.

Third is ‘Seductive Lustre,’ which implies a sense of mystery and glamour. Seductive Lustre suggests sexiness, but can also have a mellow and glassy quality. In a vehicle, Seductive Lustre is expressed by fluid but tense lines and smooth surfaces, such as the blend of high quality leather surfaces and the timeless stylishness of African Rosewood in the interior.

The last design value is ‘Dignified Air,’ which incorporates a resolute attitude with dignity and sanctity. Each Infiniti, from the G and G Coupé to the FX via the EX, expresses a sense of purpose beneath an undeniably elegant exterior.

These are all key elements that make up the Infiniti brand – Graceful Strength, Peace of Mind, Hospitality, Driving Pleasure and Vibrant Design – and stand Infiniti apart in a changing world of luxury.

Infiniti Background and History

As Infiniti prepares to enter the European market, one of the toughest premium markets, with a fully dedicated dealer network and a range of exclusive products, it is also about to celebrate 20 years of operation in North America.

Infiniti sales officially started on November 8, 1989 when the initial 51 Infiniti dealers in the United States first opened their showroom doors, but the plans for Infiniti took root in 1985 with the creation of a top secret “Horizon Task Force” – a group formed within Nissan with a view toward creating a new performance luxury brand.

With existing U.S. and European luxury brands already well entrenched in the American marketplace at the time, investment costs would be high, along with the risk. Given the opportunity to start with a “blank sheet of paper,” the Horizon Task Force took an expansive view. Rather than just focusing on re-badging current vehicles with higher sticker prices, they looked at luxury vehicles both from a product perspective and the entire purchase and ownership process.

The Horizon Task Force singled out for closer study a handful of leading service companies outside of the automotive field, including Federal Express, Four Seasons Hotels and Nordstrom department stores. The results of the Task Force’s findings had a direct influence on everything from the design of the first Infiniti showrooms, which had the look and feel closer to a luxury hotel than a car dealership, to the brand identity process all the way down to details such as the design of business cards and parts and accessories packaging.

This new customer-centric philosophy – later named the Infiniti Total Ownership Experience – would be applied to service policies as well, and included the then-unheard of amenity of offering free service loan cars.

The name chosen in July 1987 for the new performance luxury brand symbolised the desire to be always looking forward – to new horizons, to infinity. With a fresh spelling and a badge with its two central lines leading off into an infinite point on the horizon, Infiniti – with four “i”s – was born.

From a product perspective, Infiniti launched in the U.S. with two models: the breakthrough Infiniti Q45 performance luxury sedan and the driver-oriented M30 performance luxury coupe. With those two models, Infiniti gave the automotive world notice that its product philosophy was based on originality, performance, quality and an enthusiasm for driving.

Where Infiniti was very much influential in the early years was in the implementation of Total Ownership Experience. In its first decade of operation, Infiniti was an industry leader in customer satisfaction, winning numerous awards, including the highest rank in J.D. Power and Associates’ Customer Service Index (CSI) study three times and consistent top three finishes in the major independent sales and service studies.

Throughout those early years of Infiniti in the U.S. and Canada, the model lineup and dealer body continued to grow at a steady, prescribed pace. The flagship Q45 evolved in design to include a more traditional exterior and interior, without compromising its exceptional performance or engineering. The M30 model was discontinued and the Q was joined, over the next few years, by the Infiniti G20 compact sports sedan, the dramatically styled J30 luxury sedan, I30/I35 performance sedan and the QX4 luxury sport utility vehicle (SUV). By the end of its first decade, Infiniti was consistently selling around 75,000 units a year.

A New Growth Period

With the start of the new millennium came a new period of growth for Infiniti, led by Mr Ghosn’s decision to reinvigorate the brand by concentrating on a new breed of vehicles – rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive only – and each with cutting-edge design. The first of these new models was introduced in March 2002, the dramatic award-winning Infiniti G35 Sedan. The G Sedan was followed by the G35 Coupe in November 2002 and the iconic Infiniti FX crossover SUV in January 2003. Each received exceptional media reviews, with Infiniti being consistently compared to the leading European nameplates for design and performance leadership.

Customer response was also immediate and highly positive, with sales jumping from 73,000 units in calendar year 1999 to 119,000 units in 2003 – making Infiniti the fastest growing luxury brand in the U.S.

In 2003, Infiniti also surpassed the 100,000 annual sales milestone for the first time – an increase of 35 percent versus 2002 sales. In 2004, cumulative Infiniti sales topped one million units. U.S. sales now regularly hold in the 130,000 to 140,000 range.

As the decade rolled on, two additional models were added in North America – the full-size, North America-built Infiniti QX56 luxury SUV in January 2004 and the Infiniti M performance luxury sedan in May 2005. The Infiniti I35, QX4 and Q45 were gradually phased out between 2003 and 2006 at the ends of their product cycles.

Along with G37, G37 Coupé and the second generation FX, the all-new EX coupe crossover, will form part of the four model range that will be launched across Europe starting from autumn 2008.

The EX is the latest addition to the global Infiniti range. Badged EX35 when introduced in the US at the end of 2007, this all-wheel drive crossover slots in below the iconic FX and offers an exceptional combination of seductive design, elegant interior and advanced technology systems such as Around View Monitor, Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system and Scratch Shield “self-healing” clear coat paint.

Going Global

While the early Infiniti years were concentrated on North American activities, Infiniti began a period of global expansion in 2000 with sales starting in Taiwan, followed by entry into the Middle East in late 2004 – where sales have increased by 60 percent in 2007 alone.

In April 2005, Nissan’s three-year Value-Up program was announced by Mr Ghosn, with one of four key breakthroughs set as an accelerated global expansion of Infiniti. Phase one saw the entry into South Korea in 2005, followed by Russia in 2006 and Ukraine and China in 2007. Today, Infiniti has more than 230 dealers in 15 countries with worldwide sales of 150,000 annually.

“A dream that started 20 years ago in the United States is now the blueprint for a global luxury automotive brand,” said Mark McNabb, Corporate Vice President in charge of Infiniti Business Unit. “While the automotive landscape has changed over the years, there is one thing that has remained consistent and will never change – our tradition of offering the highest levels of performance, luxury and customer care.”

The Journey Continues

The original Infiniti vision of always looking ahead to the next horizon – symbolized by the Infiniti name and badge – continues to shape the brand today.

“Infiniti is, above all else, both a journey and a destination – a brand where design, performance and customers come together to celebrate the present, and look forward to the products, technologies and experiences still to come,” said Mr McNabb. By the end of 2008, Infiniti’s geographic reach will extend to 93 percent of global luxury markets. In contrast, in 2006 Infiniti was represented in 43 percent of world luxury markets. “The intensity of our design, technology and engineering is mirrored in our deep-rooted desire to provide a truly exceptional ownership experience. We’re looking forward to a long, successful future in the European market.”

INFINITI FTMFW!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Unless they change the engine, I think the FX is gonna be tough to sell. The EU will look at that 15mpg highway number for the 45 and scream bloody fucking murder

Quick Reply: Infiniti: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News