Honda: CR-V News

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 12:06 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,230 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Other than the chrome square in the front lower grill and exhaust tip, it looks good.
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (05-24-2022)
Old 05-24-2022, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Looks good... probably the best looking CRV ever.
Old 06-22-2022, 12:57 PM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Honda is about to launch the all-new CR-V for the 2023 model year, and the company is slowly teasing the refreshed crossover. We’ve gotten glimpses of the exterior, and a new teaser shows off the interior for the first time. It looks quite familiar, and Honda says we will get “more details” on July 12.

The lone photo provides a stellar look at the CR-V’s new cabin, but anyone who has seen the new Civic (right) won’t be surprised. The two interiors look similar, but there are differences between them. The 2023 CR-V (left) features the same general layout, with the infotainment screen sitting above the dash-spanning mesh that cleverly conceals the HVAC vents.

There are differences in the center console. The shift lever has switched orientation, with a bank of buttons positioned next to it. The cup holders located in the Civic’s center console are gone, now likely hiding in front of the armrest and out of view of the CR-V teaser photo. Other differences include a tweaked dash top with larger vents and restyled door panels.

The 2023 CR-V might not have a radically different interior compared to the Civic, but it is a significant step up from the previous-generation CR-V. The new crossover will also receive a major exterior design change that looks to tone down the model’s frumpier styling with something a bit more mature and refined-looking. The model the US receives could look different with a unique grille and other tweaks compared to the CR-V available to the rest of the world.

Powertrain details remain under wraps, but we know that the company plans to launch a hybrid version alongside the gas-powered one. The Civic powertrain lineup will likely be the one that powers the new CR-V, but we expect some tweaks. Last month, Honda launched the Civic e:HEV hybrid that delivers 181 horsepower (135 kilowatts).

Honda will launch the new 2023 CR-V this summer, which officially started this week, but the company has not announced an official debut date. However, the company did say that we will get more details on July 12, which could be another teaser or something more. Honda has staggered the rollout of new vehicles, showing off the design before diving into the technical stuff later.

We expect to see Honda launch both the hybrid and the gas-powered models at the same time. The current-generation CR-V first went on sale in the US for the 2017 model year.
2023 Honda CR-V Teases Its Interior, More Details Coming On July 12 (motor1.com)

Last edited by biker; 06-22-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Legend2TL (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 01:03 PM
AZ Community Team

^ Lots of current Civic interior influences especially in the center stackup
Old 06-28-2022, 01:35 PM
Team Owner

You mean Integra influences?
Old 07-12-2022, 08:46 AM
AZ Community Team

SG first look on 6G 2023 CR-V

Old 07-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Race Director

When one of the best-selling SUVs in North America gets a significant reboot, folks take notice. The Honda CR-V may not be as glamorous as a new sports car or hot-blooded supercar, but it officially enters its sixth generation with this, the 2023 model. A rugged exterior upgrade hides a refined interior, with hybrid power taking a larger role beneath the skin.

The 2023 CR-V's new face likely isn't much of a surprise. We got a preview back in May when images from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology were posted online. Now, we get a better taste of its larger mesh grille that adds a rugged flavor shared with the Ridgeline pickup truck. Thinner headlights further emphasize the grille's size, with up-market Sport and Sport Touring hybrid models also getting more aggressive front and rear fascias.

Honda didn't simply upgrade body panels for a beefier appearance. The new CR-V is 2.7 inches longer and nearly a half-inch wider than its predecessor. It rides on a wheelbase that's 1.6 inches longer, and while that doesn't sound like much, the changes make the sixth-generation CR-V the largest of them all. Rear-seat passengers enjoy more legroom, and there's 26.3 cubic feet of cargo space in the back. With the rear seatbacks folded, space increases to 76.5 cubic feet.

Speaking of the interior, Honda already teased the new digs so there won't be any surprises there. Borrowing heavily from the Civic, the CR-V features the same classy layout with a standard-issue 7-inch touchscreen perched in the middle of the dash. A 7-inch digital instrument panel greets the driver, and on higher-trim models, the infotainment screen grows to 9 inches. Gray and black cloth upholstery is standard issue, with leather available. Honda says the CR-V's center console offers the most storage of any vehicle in its class.

Technology-wise, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard across the board, as is the Honda Sensing suite of driver-assist and safety systems. For 2023, that includes a new wide-angle camera with a 90-degree field of view, and a radar system that can see 120 degrees. Blind-spot monitoring is standard, and Honda's Traffic Jam Assist with low-speed braking and sign recognition are available. When venturing off the beaten path, Honda's Real Time AWD system is updated and offers several driving modes depending on conditions. For the first time in the CR-V, hill descent control is available.

At launch, the 2023 Honda CR-V will be offered in four trim levels. It starts with the EX, followed by the EX-L and both feature the familiar turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine making 190 horsepower (142 kilowatts). Sport and Sport Touring round out the CR-V trim levels, each packing an updated 2.0-liter four-cylinder hybrid powertrain. The tweaked setup actually makes a bit less horsepower compared to the outgoing model – 204 versus 212 – but torque is up to 247 pound-feet (335 kilowatts).

Honda will announce pricing for the new 2023 CR-V at a later date. Currently, the 2022 CR-V LX is the entry-level model at $28,045, including Honda's $1,245 destination charge. However, the EX will become the base model for 2023, which means the sixth-gen model will likely start over $30,000. Expect EX and EX-L models to go on sale in the summer, with Sport and Sport Touring hybrid models on sale towards the end of the year.
2023 Honda CR-V Debuts With More Space, Sport Touring Hybrid Trim (motor1.com)
Old 07-12-2022, 10:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 559 Likes on 356 Posts
That looks much better than the current one. They will sell as many of these as they can build!
Old 07-12-2022, 01:14 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,391 Likes on 4,937 Posts
It looks really good.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Team Owner

Looks good!

I didnt realize LX starts at almost 29k for the current gen That is like a 30% jump from the mine, the previous Gen.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,433 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Seeing as how the Hybrid is only available on the Sport trims, and the Sport trims are only available with the Hybrid, does that make these a...Sport Hybrid?
Old 07-13-2022, 01:09 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,475 Likes on 932 Posts
It looks really good. Honda just knows how to nail the CR-V. Although I do love how our 2018's infotainment screen is more integrated with the dash and doesn't stick out like this one does, and a lot of new cars have.

I would love to test the 2.0L 4-cyl hybrid engine. What exactly is it? Is it NA and not turbocharged? Just NA and two electric motors? At least there is good torque. Acceleration must be good/decent as well? And not just an anemic NA 2.0L.
Old 07-13-2022, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
It looks really good. Honda just knows how to nail the CR-V. Although I do love how our 2018's infotainment screen is more integrated with the dash and doesn't stick out like this one does, and a lot of new cars have.

I would love to test the 2.0L 4-cyl hybrid engine. What exactly is it? Is it NA and not turbocharged? Just NA and two electric motors? At least there is good torque. Acceleration must be good/decent as well? And not just an anemic NA 2.0L.
I think it's more or less a revision of the same hybrid powertrain that the current gen CR-V uses. NA 2.0L (I believe derived from the R20) and two electric motors. Accleration is OK; it depends on what you're expecting. At least in the current CR-V Hybrid, acceleration is almost the same as the 1.5T version; mid-7s, which puts it behind the RAV4 Hybrid, to say nothing of the RAV4 Prime.
RPhilMan1 (07-14-2022)
Old 09-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Race Director

Excluding the $1,245 destination charge, Honda’s redesigned CR-V carries a suggested retail price of $31,110 for the EX 2WD with the 1.5-liter turbo and continuously variable transmission. By comparison, the CR-V LX 2WD 1.5T CVT for the 2022 model year can be yours for merely $26,800.
7 photos

What is actually happening here? For starters, the entry-level LX and Special Edition have been discontinued from the lineup for model year 2023. The EX also happens to feature plenty of standard features, and we should also remember that the HR-V needs some breathing space as well.

To arrive in dealerships later this month, the CR-V will be initially offered with the aforementioned four-cylinder turbocharged engine. Come October, the compact-sized crossover will be available in the guise of a hybrid that comes exclusively with 2WD or AWD. The 1.5-liter turbo is good enough thanks to 190 horsepower and 179 pound-foot (243 Nm) from 1,700 rpm.

Customers who prefer the hybrid are presented with a 2.0-liter engine that runs on the Atkinson cycle for improved efficiency. Including the concurrent output of the two-motor hybrid system, combined output is 204 ponies. The traction motor belts out 247 pound-foot (335 Nm) of torque.

"The all-new Honda CR-V raises the bar in every conceivable way – design, performance, safety, technology, and the most fun-to-drive CR-V we’ve ever made,” said Mamadou Diallo, vice president of auto sales at Honda.

America’s best-selling SUV of the past quarter century and the best-selling Honda vehicle every year since 2017 in this part of the world is EPA-rated 30 miles per gallon (7.8 liters per 100 kilometers) combined for the EX 2WD 1.5T 2WD. The most efficient hybrid is the Sport 2WD with 40 mpg (5.9 l/100 km). As for the hybrid with all-wheel drive, both the Sport AWD and Sport Touring AWD grades promise 37 mpg (6.4 l/100 km).
2023 Honda CR-V Pricing Announced, Base Trim Level Costs $4,310 More Than MY22 - autoevolution
Old 09-13-2022, 02:28 PM

Oooof. Granted, they're compared LX vs EX, but still. We got our EX-L 2wd back in 2018 for $27k OTD.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:28 AM

Received 5,485 Likes on 3,744 Posts
https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/20...sover-new-cars

Americans cannot get enough of crossovers, and nothing is more emblematic of that than the Honda CR-V. It is arguably as much a standby of present-day American car culture as classic domestic sedans were in years gone by, and its popularity reflects that: as of August 2020, 5,963,369 have been sold in the United States alone since its introduction in 1997, a figure that surely exceeds 6 million today. As recently as April of this year, it was the fastest-selling new car in the U.S. If period dramas about the 2020s ever get made, a modern CR-V parked in a suburban driveway will be the quickest way to remind audiences of the time and setting the series takes place in.

As a result of this overwhelming popularity, any update is naturally going to be a big deal. Honda didn’t hold back with the 2023 redesign, taking the sharp exterior style and modern, habitable interior from the recently-updated Civic and Accord, and sizing them up a bit for the CR-V. The package keeps the CR-V’s everyman appeal while updating it for the ‘20s, likely guaranteeing its continued, and overall rightful, dominance.

The new CR-V doesn’t get a massive reengineering under the skin despite its drastic change in appearance. This sixth generation is still available in either front- or all-wheel-drive while a mildly updated 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder makes the same 190 hp as before and is mated to the same CVT. Fuel economy numbers are identical to the outgoing car’s 28 city and 34 highway mpg, given this new version’s essentially identical drivetrain. (An updated hybrid model good for up to 40 combined mpg is also in the works but wasn’t available to test yet, so I’ll be focusing on the gas-powered version here.)

Looking beyond mechanicals, however, it’s apparent the CR-V has changed drastically. Gone is the relatively bland fifth-generation sheet metal; now, it actually looks fairly memorable, with Honda going Mendel on its lineup to create the new design, cross-pollinating the sharp headlights and belt lines of the Civic with the rugged upright grille and macho bumpers of the Ridgeline. The resulting hybridization of styles is a marked improvement in my book, even if the hood length feels a little awkwardly long when viewed from the side. Although, if you ask me, I’d rather have an odd quirk like that and actually remember what the car looks like than drive something wholly forgettable.

All that fresh sheet metal is bigger, too, with the new CR-V getting a 1.6-inch longer wheelbase, roughly half an inch of track width, and two-and-a-half inches of overall length over the outgoing model. As a result, Honda also notes it has the most cargo capacity and legroom of any CR-V so far. Luckily, Honda's crossover hasn't become lane-wanderingly massive despite its increased heft, but more on that in a bit.

Inside, buyers find either cloth or leather seats paired with a centrally-mounted seven- or nine-inch touchscreen, depending on whether they opt for the base EX trim or the higher EX-L package. EX-L buyers also get wireless charging, as well as untethered Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, plus an extra pair of speakers. (EX buyers have to bring cables for their phones and live with just six speakers.) I tested an EX-L, but the feature list isn’t a massive difference, so I wouldn’t feel too bad pocketing the extra $2,650 Honda asks for the "-L" in exchange for having to bring along my Lightning cable.

Regardless of trim, in motion, the CR-V delivers exactly what it has always promised. The interior, with its well-integrated touchscreen and physical knobs for climate controls and stereo volume, is delightfully user-friendly while the eight-way adjustable seats are an absolute cinch to get comfortable in. Popping into the back seat to ride behind a six-foot-tall driver still left me ample room for my lanky legs. The driving—and riding passenger—experience is consistent with what I would expect for an SUV Honda’s had 25 years to refine; it is, in short, Really Good.

By Really Good, I mean that the average buyer won’t ever need to notice the ways in which it excels, because it’s engineered to be silently competent. Honda accomplishes this with elements like thin and well-sculpted A-pillars, which give excellent sight lines and help keep the car from feeling overly wide. As another example, the steering has a firm initial response that helps dampen sudden moves and keep the car from feeling vague; that excellent steering feel is paired with comfortably pliant suspension valving and relatively soft anti-roll response. These individual pieces together work in concert to make the CR-V feel like it has just enough heft to handle like an SUV, without ever verging into feeling unwieldy.

The drivetrain, similarly, is resoundingly solid. The diminutive 190-hp 1.5-liter doesn’t make the CR-V the most powerful crossover in its class (Toyota’s RAV4 still has 15 more hp), but the peak torque kick at 1,800 rpm means it never feels sluggish when turning onto a country road. Even the CVT responds rapidly enough that 95% of the time—two-lane-highway-dashed-yellow passing included—it’s easy to forget it’s a CVT, kicking the 1.5-liter to life pretty quickly with stabs of the gas.

All of this silent excellence exists because Honda still understands who buys a CR-V. If you need to get groceries, drive to work, and perhaps pick up kids from school, you need a car that does all that without forcing you to actively think about your car. All of the aforementioned bright points I’ve mentioned are laudable, but even if I weren’t actively reviewing the CR-V, I would still step out and say “I really liked it,” because every component in this Honda works seamlessly together, without ever calling attention to any single element.

Unfortunately, this test drive was a short one and didn’t involve interstate highways or stop-and-go situations, so there’s still the potential for unseen weaknesses. My main concern is that the 1.5-liter might run out of oomph during faster merges (although it still pulls hard up to around 55 mph, in my testing), and I’d also still like to see how that comfortably-on-the-soft-side suspension handles repetitive pavement gaps at high speeds.

Still, I’m pretty comfortable saying it’s Really Good, given this thing's 25-year-long track record.

It was never an inevitable fact that Honda would become the de facto first choice for American crossover shoppers; Honda’s first entry into the burgeoning U.S. SUV market was a badge-engineered Isuzu. The CR-V was the company’s first homemade attempt, and—with its built-in picnic table, vertical D-pillar taillights, and spare tire casually hanging off of its tailgate like a backpack—that original CR-V embodied a quirkier spot in the market that reflected the crossover’s appeal to a specific kind of buyer. By 2007, however, as the CR-V found its stride, it had surpassed the Odyssey in sales as consumers eschewed the minivan for the crossover. By 2014, it surpassed the long-running Civic’s sales. Since then, it’s been Honda’s best-selling vehicle, and the company has never lost the plot.

In this sixth generation, there is no rugged, all-terrain-bedecked offroader trim or shoehorned-in-luxury upsell. Honda understands that’s never been what made the CR-V the first choice for American buyers. Instead, you get two choices: Really Good, and Really Good (With Leather). That’s what the CR-V has always delivered, and it’s still got it.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:28 PM
Safety Car

From the rear 3/4 view I see a lot of the Passport and XT4.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:04 AM
Race Director

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The 2023 Honda CR-V is a big deal. It helped establish its segment a quarter century ago and has been a benchmark for it ever since. It's Honda's best-selling model by a wide margin. Last year, Honda sold nearly 100,000 more CR-Vs than Civics. And then there's the fact that this newest version is literally the biggest example yet, an upgrade that’s among many improvements that helps keep the CR-V toward the top of the compact SUV mountain (one that's quite tall at this point). After spending a limited amount of time with the regular, non-hybrid model, we can say that the 2023 CR-V is still an excellent choice, and it's an improvement over before, but we're not ready to give it the compact crown outright.

Our time with the CR-V was limited to an EX-L version with the turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder. No hybrids were available at the time, but aside from its powertrain and some minor styling tweaks, the SUV driven for this review in Nashville is the same one as the hybrid we’ll drive in the near future.

No matter the powertrain, every 2023 CR-V is significantly bigger than its predecessor. This would be a highlight of the new model. Honda added 2.7 inches to the length overall, and 1.6 inches between the wheels. It's 0.4 inch wider, too. Cargo space behind the rear seats hasn't particularly grown at 36.3 cubic feet (right between the old gas model and hybrid model), but fold those seats down, and the CR-V has a huge 76.5 cubic feet. That gives it the most maximum space in the segment.

Where the space is really noticeable is in the passenger area. The front occupants have plenty of space in every direction, and it's easy to find a comfortable seating position. The seats themselves, covered in leather in the EX-L, have thick padding, are sizable, and have good side bolstering that provides just enough security that you don't feel like you're going to spill out of them. The rear seating is even more impressive. There's oodles of leg- and knee room, amplified by a surprising amount of space under the front seats for feet. The seats are firmer and flatter than the fronts, but still comfortable, and they'll recline by up to 10 degrees. It would be easy to kill hours on a long trip snoozing in the back of a new CR-V.

Another big improvement is the overall interior design. If you've been in a new Civic or HR-V, you've basically been in the CR-V interior, and that's a good thing. It has a low dash that helps both with visibility and making the cabin feel spacious and airy. Everything is made from a nice mix of soft-touch plastics with different grains. The physical controls for the climate control system are welcome, too, and they feel impressively robust and expensive.

That being said, the old CR-V's interior wasn't bad. Its infotainment system, on the other hand, was abysmal. The new one thankfully has upgraded to the system used in the Civic, Accord and Acura Integra. On the base EX, it features a 7-inch touchscreen with volume and tuning knobs. On the EX-L, it comes with a 9-inch screen and just a volume knob. Compared with the old system, it's vastly more responsive with a higher-resolution screen and colorful, easy-to-touch icons. Menus aren't overly deep and we didn’t experience the sort of glitches constantly suffered by the old system, either. It's now one of the better touchscreen infotainment systems, especially when compared to the Toyota RAV4. The Hyundai Tucson’s and Kia Sportage’s are still better.

While the CR-V interior is one of the best around (if lacking some of the flair of a RAV4, Sportage or Mazda’s CX-5 and CX-50), the driving experience is pretty average. It shares underpinnings with the new Civic (and therefore the front end of the new HR-V), which is noticeable in the solid feel and fairly light feel. The suspension tuning is quite comfortable and although that results in a fair bit of body roll, it's not wallowy. Like the HR-V, though, the steering is a disappointment for a Honda. it has little feedback, is quite slow and requires a surprising number of mid-corner corrections. The CR-V doesn't turn in particularly quickly, either. “Fun to drive” has hardly been a main reason so many folks have purchased CR-Vs over the years, but it's been responsive enough to keep people from trying the competition. That may have changed.

Honda touted efforts to improve quietness and refinement in the new CR-V. It does seem to be an improvement, but it's behind the impressively quiet machines from Hyundai and Kia. Tire noise is omnipresent, providing a light hiss at many speeds. The engine, while smooth, can get buzzy at higher rpms. At least road and wind noise are kept well under control.

As for that engine, the 1.5-liter turbocharged inline-four is pretty much carried over from the previous model along with the standard continuous variable automatic. It once again produces 190 horsepower and 170 pound-feet of torque, which is hardly inspiring, but acceleration is at least adequate and the bar is quite frankly low for the segment. The CVT is the weak point. It attempts to mimic some automatic transmission behaviors, but the revs rise and fall atypically in its Normal mode, making the engine feel sluggish and less responsive. Popping the transmission into its Sport setting improves things and keeps the revs up more, but it doesn't make the CR-V feel much faster, and it does increase the noise. As for fuel economy, the CR-V is exactly as efficient as before, delivering 28 mpg in the city, 34 on the highway and 30 in combined driving with front-wheel drive. The all-wheel-drive version gets 29 mpg combined. The hybrid is quite a bit more efficient, though still close to the previous model at 43 mpg city, 36 mpg highway and 40 combined with front-wheel drive, and 40/34/37 with AWD.

Fuel economy may be practically unchanged, but pricing isn't. The CR-V got a fair bit more expensive, in part because the entry-level LX trim has been discontinued. The new base model is the EX, and it starts at $32,355 with front-wheel drive and the included destination charge. All-wheel drive adds another $1,500. This new price makes it the most expensive option in the mainstream compact segment, with rivals such as the Toyota RAV4, Kia Sportage, Ford Escape, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-50 and many more all starting under $30,000. Some even offer standard all-wheel drive. And that seriously hurts the CR-V's value proposition, despite its impressive amount of real estate.

Unquestionably, the new CR-V is a major improvement over its predecessor, and it's a strong competitor in some key areas. It's far more spacious than before with quality materials, comfortable seating and easy-to-use technology. But a mediocre driving experience and high price keep it from being the segment's best option. Keep the CR-V on your shortlist, but don't let it be the whole list.
2023 Honda CR-V First Drive Review: Bigger, better, pricier | Autoblog
Old 09-20-2022, 12:28 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

I'm biased with our 2018 but I'm not as much of a fan of this low overhang front end with the grille and headlights.

The small rear taillights do look sporty with the red curved design.

It does overall look more Passporty. Too much of a blend? Yeah maybe. It's not quite as unique anymore.

Last edited by RPhilMan1; 09-20-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 12:45 PM
Team Owner

I dont know CRV is ever unique considering it is probably the best selling SUV in the US.

the overbite has been around for over a decade already. My 2016 has major overbite or over hang front end as well. Never thought it was a pretty car, bought it for the reliability and simplicity.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:50 AM
Race Director

Honda dealers in the United States have started getting the 2023 model year CR-V LX in both front- and all-wheel-drive flavors, trim levels that Honda doesn’t advertise on its website. The LX isn’t available to configure online either, at least not for the time being.

Slotted below the better-equipped EX and EX-L, the LX most likely returned for 2023 because it’s priced at under $30,000, including destination charge. The LX kicks off at $29,705 with 17-inch steel wheels topped with plastic hubcaps versus 18-inch alloys for the EX trim level.

It doesn’t feature a sunroof. The budget-friendly also removes the power driver seat, front seatback pockets, heated front seats, heated side mirrors, and the automatic up/down function of the front passenger window. Lots of driver-assist features aren’t standard either, but still, the standard kit is more than reasonable at this price point.

First and foremost, Honda Sensing and 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment open the list of goodies. A four-speaker audio system and climate control of the single-zone variety are standard too, along with a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a continuously variable transmission. All-wheel drive is the only highlight option, currently priced at $1,500.

The remainder of the lineup comprises – in the order of pricing – the EX, Sport Hybrid, EX-L, and Sport Touring Hybrid, with the EX listed by the configurator at $31,610, excluding the $1,295 destination charge. The combustion-only EX-L is $34,260, whereas the hybrid twins are priced at $32,950 and $39,100, respectively.

The LX, EX, and EX-L share their 1.5-liter turbo with the previous generation of the Honda CR-V, which arrived in dealer showrooms nationwide for the 2017 model year. It cranks out a stout 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet (243 Nm), with Honda recommending 87 octane or higher-grade dinosaur juice in the fuel tank.

The FWD version of the CR-V 1.5T is rated by the Environmental Protection Agency at 30 miles per gallon (7.8 liters per 100 kilometers) on the combined test cycle. Opting for all-wheel drive translates to 29 miles per gallon (8.1 liters per 100 kilometers). A bigger difference between front- and all-wheel drive concerns the CR-V Hybrid, rated at 40 and 37 miles per gallon (5.9 and 6.5 liters per 100 kilometers) by the U.S. federal agency.

As mentioned earlier, the LX isn’t listed on Honda’s consumer website at the moment of writing. Dealer inventory also reveals that the LX trim level of the Civic has been quietly reintroduced as well, with pricing kicking off at $24,545 and $25,545, depending on body style. Both the four-door sedan and five-door hatchback rock the naturally-aspirated engine of the Sport trim level, paired to a continuously variable transmission.
2023 Honda CR-V LX Arrives at U.S. Dealers, Priced Under $30,000 - autoevolution
Old 06-12-2023, 11:33 AM
Race Director

2024 marks the second model year of the sixth-generation Honda CR-V, which uses the Honda Architecture of the Civic. The only novelty brought forward by the 2024 model is the Sport-L trim level, which comes exclusively as a hybrid with either front- or all-wheel drive for a cool $37,645 or $39,145.

The Sport-L slots between the EX-L and range-topping Sport Touring, hence its relatively high price tag. By comparison, the entry-level LX 2WD can be yours for $30,795. All prices include the $1,295 destination freight charge. The question is, what does the Sport-L offer? And also, who does it cater to?

American Honda Motor Co. says that it's targeted squarely at the young and active, the very same peeps that every other crossover on sale today is targeting. In truth, the young prefer something a little more affordable. As for the active, why not the Ford Bronco if we interpret "active" as going off-road?

Criticism aside, this all-new-for-2024 grade does come with lots of standard kit. For starters, leather seats and Low Speed Braking Control open the list of goodies. Highlight features also include front and rear parking sensors, a power front passenger seat, a power tailgate, a 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, cordless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, 15-watt smartphone charging, and eight speakers.

From a visual standpoint, Berlina Black wheels are joined by rectangular exhaust finishers and gloss-black exterior bits and pieces. Fuel economy is pretty impressive as well. Honda quotes 40 miles to the gallon or 5.9 liters per 100 kilometers for the 2WD, with the AWD netting 37 miles per gallon or 6.4 liters per 100 kilometers in the EPA's combined test cycle.

Rather than a conventional continuously variable transmission, the hybrid uses an electronically controlled system. Its engine also happens to be a naturally-aspirated unit running the Atkinson cycle as opposed to a single-turbo unit running the Otto cycle for the purely ICE powertrain. The CR-V Hybrid also shames the CR-V with 204 horsepower and 247 pound-feet (335) to its name versus 190 horsepower and 179 pound-feet (243 Nm). The CR-V is rated at 30 miles per gallon (7.8 liters per 100 kilometers) with front-wheel drive and 29 miles per gallon (8.1 liters per 100 kilometers) when equipped with Honda Real Time All-Wheel Drive w/Intelligent Control.

In production since 1995, the CR-V compact crossover is Honda's best-selling nameplate in the United States of America. Last year, the Japanese automaker delivered a total of 881,201 vehicles in this part of the world. Of those, the CR-V accounted for 238,155 vehicles (just over 27 percent).
2024 Honda CR-V Lineup Grows With Sport-L Trim Level, It's Exclusively Hybrid - autoevolution
Old 02-27-2024, 12:44 PM

https://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2025-cr-v_efcev/

Honda revealed America's first production plug-in hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle, the 2025 Honda CR-V e:FCEV. A fun-to-drive compact CUV that received a 270-mile EPA driving range rating, CR-V e:FCEV combines an all-new U.S.-made fuel cell system along with plug-in charging capability designed to provide up to 29 miles of EV driving around town with the flexibility of fast hydrogen refueling for longer trips.

"Leveraging Honda fuel cell technology expertise continues to play a critical role in our global goal to achieve carbon neutrality for all products and corporate activities by 2050," said Mamadou Diallo, senior vice president of Auto Sales, American Honda Motor Co. "Honda has laid out an electrification strategy leading to 100% zero-emission automobile sales by 2040, including the introduction of both battery-electric and fuel cell electric vehicles like this new CR-V e:FCEV model."

The 2025 Honda CR-V e:FCEV will be available for customer leasing in California beginning in 2024.

Standard features include HondaLink® with expanded capabilities including hydrogen station information in addition to charging and power supply data. For additional convenience, the included Honda Power Supply Connector utilizes a 110-volt power outlet that can deliver up to 1,500 watts of power, turning CR-V e:FCEV into a clean power source capable of running small home appliances, portable air conditioners, power tools, camping equipment, and more.

Honda's market experience with hydrogen fuel cell vehicles began with introduction of the Honda FCX in December 2002, the world's first zero-emission fuel cell electric vehicle (FCEV) to receive certification for everyday use from both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB), as well as the first FCEV leased to individual customers.

The CR-V e:FCEV is built at Honda's Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville, Ohio, and is the only fuel cell electric passenger vehicle made in America.

The 5-passenger CUV is the first application of the second-generation Honda Fuel Cell Module, which is produced at Fuel Cell System Manufacturing, LLC (FCSM) in Michigan, offering improved durability, higher efficiency, increased refinement and lower cost compared to Honda's previous generation fuel cell system.

Co-developed with General Motors (GM), the next-generation Honda Fuel Cell Moduleleverages the knowledge, know-how and economies of scale of both companies and will reduce the cost by two-thirds compared to the cost of the fuel cell system in the Honda Clarity Fuel Cell. This significant cost reduction was achieved by various measures including the adoption of innovative materials for electrodes, advancement of a cell sealing structure, simplification of the supporting equipment and the improvement of productivity.

Moreover, the durability of the system has doubled by the application of corrosion-resistant materials and controlled suppression of deterioration, and low temperature performance was also improved significantly.

Key CR-V e:FCEV Standard Features:
  • Distinctive bold and sophisticated styling
  • All-new 2nd-generation Fuel Cell Module
  • 270 mile zero-emission EPA driving range rating
  • Plug-in Level II charging capability designed to provide up to 29 miles of battery electric range (EPA estimated)
  • Sporty, modern, spacious and comfortable interior
  • 10.2-inch digital instrumentation
  • 9-inch HD touchscreen
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto™ compatibility
  • Wireless phone charging (Qi)
  • Four selectable drive modes, including Snow and Sport
  • Honda Sensing® system
Design and Technology

Distinctly styled from CR-V turbo and hybrid models, the sophisticated exterior design of the Honda CR-V e:FCEV stands out with new body panels forward of the A-pillar, unique designs for the liftgate, rear fascia and large 18-inch, 10-spoke black wheels.

Highlighting the refined new styling is an exclusive low upright grille design and long hood for an aggressively sleek look. The model's signature vertical taillights make this zero-emissions variant instantly recognizable as a CR-V from the rear. To maximize driving range, aerodynamic performance has been further optimized with a full floor undercover and unique front spoiler and strake.

America's best-selling CUV of the past quarter century, the Honda CR-V's spacious cabin features clean surfacing, high-quality feel of materials and top-class cabin space and cargo capacity. As in other CR-V models, a striking metal honeycomb mesh spanning the dash serves both form and function, concealing the air vents that would otherwise mar the uncluttered and harmonious design.

Honda will offer CR-V e:FCEV as a single, very well-equipped Touring model with standard features that include 10.2-inch digital instrumentation, 9-inch HD touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™ compatibility2, wireless phone charging, a 12-speaker Bose premium audio system, power adjustable heated front seats, heated steering wheel, dual zone climate control, handsfree access power tailgate, parking sensors and sustainable materials including bio-based leather seat upholstery.

The 6th-generation CR-V is a leader in compact CUV safety features and performance and the new Honda CR-V e:FCEV comes standard with the same cutting edge safety technologies as other CR-Vs, including Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) architecture and the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies.

Sporty, Yet Comfortable Dynamics

The 2025 CR-V e:FCEV delivers a sporty, engaging and refined driving experience via a front-mounted single-motor producing 174 horsepower and 229 lb.-ft. of torque delivers quick acceleration and maximum efficiency.

Honda engineers have optimized the CR-V e:FCEV structure and suspension to deliver the same sporty driving experience and class-leading refinement as other CR-V models. Compared to CR-V turbo and hybrid models, rear lateral rigidity is increased 10%, rear torsional rigidity has improved 9% and its MacPherson strut front suspension and multilink rear suspension have been completely retuned with specific springs, amplitude-sensitive dampers and stabilizer bars front and rear to optimize responsiveness while maintaining a smooth ride.

Honda CR-V e:FCEV qualifies for single-occupant California HOV lane access to reduce commute times and maximize quality of life. The driver can customize the driving experience with four selectable drive modes: Normal, Eco, Sport and Snow.

Triple Action to Zero Approach

Honda is working toward its global goal of zero environmental impact by 2050 through its "Triple Action to Zero" approach, including not only its products, but the entire product lifecycle including corporate activities.
  • Carbon neutrality for all Honda products and corporate activities by 2050.
  • Resource circulation using 100% sustainable materials to create a circular economy will enable Honda to recycle or reuse every bit of the materials from its vehicles, reprocess them back to raw materials and reuse those materials in the creation of new products. In short, to make new Honda vehicles out of old Honda vehicles.
  • Clean Energy, including electrification and hydrogen for our company and all of our products in-use through renewable energy sources.
Honda Hydrogen Business

Working toward the realization of a carbon-neutral society, Honda will not only continue electrifying its products but also take a proactive approach to increase the use of hydrogen as an energy carrier and strive to expand its hydrogen business.

Honda has identified four core domains for the initial utilization of its new fuel cell system: FCEVs, commercial fuel cell vehicles, stationary power stations and construction machinery. While initial FCSM production will be used in support of Honda internal initiatives and FCEV sales, Honda is exploring external fuel cell business opportunities with a goal to begin external deliveries of the fuel cell system modules in the near future. The company envisions initial sales of 2,000 units per year and then expanding sales in stages.

Honda began demonstration testing of a stationary fuel cell power station on its Torrance, Calif. campus in March 2023, marking the company's first step toward future commercialization of zero-emission backup power generation. The fuel cell power station supplies clean and quiet emergency backup power to Honda's data center. In December 2023, Honda also announced a similar joint project in Japan where Honda will establish a stationary fuel cell station to power a Mitsubishi data center.

Backup power systems utilizing hydrogen fuel cells offer a promising future for clean, yet reliable and high-quality power generation, especially when operating on so-called "green hydrogen" made from renewable sources, with water vapor as the only emission.

Future stationary fuel cell (FC) units intended for commercialization will utilize the new Honda FC system. In the coming years, Honda will begin applying stationary FC power station technologies now under development - featuring a next-generation FC system with further cost reduction and improved performance - to Honda facilities and data centers globally.

In the area of commercial vehicles, the GIGA FUEL CELL, a zero-emissions fuel cell-powered heavy-duty truck currently being co-developed by Isuzu Motors Limited and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. was shown for the first time at the Japan Mobility Show 2023. In addition to conducting joint research on fuel cell heavy-duty trucks, the two companies have begun demonstration testing of a prototype model on public roads in Japan in December 2023, and plan to introduce the production model to market in 2027 by fully leveraging the technology, experience and knowledge gained through the joint research.

Moreover, Honda is preparing a proof-of-concept Class 8 hydrogen fuel cell truck in the U.S. and is in talks with potential customers.

Honda also will take initiative to apply its fuel cell system to construction equipment such as excavators and wheel loaders, contributing to the realization of carbon neutrality for construction machinery.

Honda is conducting advanced research and development of hydrogen technologies while envisioning use in outer space, another potential area where hydrogen technologies such as a fuel cell system and high differential pressure water electrolysis technologies can be utilized. In addition to water and food, people need oxygen, as well as hydrogen for fuel and electricity for various activities supporting life in space.

Old 02-27-2024, 12:47 PM

Thought all the hydrogen stations were just closed in CA?

Edit: Just Shell Hydrogen stations

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a46791...ns-california/

Shell is closing its hydrogen refueling stations in alt-fuel-crazed California, the oil giant announced. The news follows last year’s notice that Shell had discontinued the build out of its light-duty hydrogen station network in California in 2023.

The oil industry giant cited “supply complications and other external market factors” in making the decision.

“After temporary closure of five of its eight light-duty stations, (Shell) made the decision to exit the hydrogen light-duty passenger vehicle fueling market in California,” the company said in a statement. “Of Shell’s light-duty network in the US, seven stations have been closed, and Shell is exploring options to divest its Torrance, California, station.”

According to the Department of Energy’s Hydrogen Fueling Station Locations map, apart from one fueling point in Hawaii, California is the only state with publicly available hydrogen for passenger cars. And not all those are working.

There are 54 publicly available hydrogen refueling stations in the Golden State, with a varying number of them regularly listed as “offline” at any given time. As of presstime, for instance, 19 of California’s stations were not open for business. Sometimes as many as half of them are unavailable.

The closure of the Shell stations will be a blow to Toyota Mirai and Hyundai Nexo owners.

Hydrogen has always been a good idea in theory, since hydrogen-powered cars emit zero pollutants at the tailpipe. But harvesting hydrogen is an energy-intensive process that produces carbon dioxide, thus cancelling out some of the benefits of hydrogen cars’ zero-tailpipe emissions. In theory, hydrogen can be made through electrolysis from solar or hydro power, but in practice almost all of it comes from reformation of natural gas, a process that creates pollution.

That leaves 47 stations in California. Will that be enough for current demand? There were only 2978 hydrogen-powered fuel-cell electric vehicles sold in the U.S. in 2023, and only 17,967 have been sold since they first came on the market in 2014, according to Argonne National Laboratory. Almost all of those are in California.

And while it is possible to make so-called “green hydrogen” from solar and wind energy, in practice you could take the electricity required for that and simply put it into one of the 1.4 million EVs currently registered in America that don’t require expensive and complex fuel cells.

So, at this point in history, like Beta vs. VHS, at least in the passenger-car segment, it looks like electricity is winning.
Comfy (02-29-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 12:53 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Bringing back the altezza taillight look?
Old 02-27-2024, 10:10 PM

I think it looks good. But Hydrogen just doesn't have a future IMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by civicdrivr:
Comfy (02-29-2024), RPhilMan1 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 09:01 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,097 Likes on 4,001 Posts
^ this.

Hydrogen was a great idea 25 years ago when EV tech was not even a thing. Hydrogen is just a lame attempt at making an ICE "clean".
Comfy (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:59 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Wasting more good money "down the drain". This will not end well for Honda and rest of Japanese.