Old 02-13-2015, 06:10 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
^^ Still not for sale.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:25 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,040 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
There is still hope. Also, unlike the Ford GT, this one actually uses some heavy duty technology.

What technology exactly does this car use? No one knows anything about the engine, the electric motors, the drivetrain, the suspension, the interior materials, the infotainment, the drive computers, etc. It's still vaporware and it's likely already out of date the day the first one rolls off the assembly line like all other current Honda products.

You just found out what it will likely look like, even that isn't for sure yet.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:37 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
Originally Posted by SamDoe1

What technology exactly does this car use? No one knows anything about the engine, the electric motors, the drivetrain, the suspension, the interior materials, the infotainment, the drive computers, etc. It's still vaporware and it's likely already out of date the day the first one rolls off the assembly line like all other current Honda products.

You just found out what it will likely look like, even that isn't for sure yet.
The fact that it uses an internal combustion engine combined with an electric motor is pretty advanced tech imo.. I think that will be the future until we move to full electric.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by VR1
The fact that it uses an internal combustion engine combined with an electric motor is pretty advanced tech imo.. I think that will be the future until we move to full electric.
So in that case, here is one of its biggest competitors.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

No.. What other cars are able to make use of the internal combustion engine and electric motor in a lightweight, high performance sports car? Its much easier to make an economy car with that drivetrain since they don't have to place as much consideration in weight, performance etc.. With the NSX advanced materials have to be used coupled with other things like Torque Vectoring awd, etc.. I think this is one of the first new generation of supercars.. R36 will also be a hybrid and hybrid versions of the R8, etc.. will be coming soon. Even the 911 is switching to a turbo 4, and a hybrid variant isnt far off.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by VR1
No.. What other cars are able to make use of the internal combustion engine and electric motor in a lightweight, high performance sports car? Its much easier to make an economy car with that drivetrain since they don't have to place as much consideration in weight, performance etc.. With the NSX advanced materials have to be used coupled with other things like Torque Vectoring awd, etc.. I think this is one of the first new generation of supercars.. R36 will also be a hybrid and hybrid versions of the R8, etc.. will be coming soon. Even the 911 is switching to a turbo 4, and a hybrid variant isnt far off.
So you're saying that the NSX is going to compete with the 918 Spyder and the McLaren P1? If so, it's going to get its ass handed to it on a silver platter.

911 isn't "switching" to a turbo 4. They are offering one for the purposes of raising their CAFE and to lure in new buyers with a low cost model. Many of these cars exist for the sake of CAFE. Need to offset the thirsty models somehow.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:12 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

So you're saying that the NSX is going to compete with the 918 Spyder and the McLaren P1? If so, it's going to get its ass handed to it on a silver platter.

911 isn't "switching" to a turbo 4. They are offering one for the purposes of raising their CAFE and to lure in new buyers with a low cost model. Many of these cars exist for the sake of CAFE. Need to offset the thirsty models somehow.
No... The point is that they were able to use the same type of new technology used in the 918 and P1 but at a lower, more realistic price point. The NSX competes with other supercars but utilizes the same technology found in the P1/918.

And the 911 might not be switching to Turbo 4, but just the fact that they're offering one shows that there will be a hybrid variant of the 911 out sometime In the future.. Same with the new GTR and R8. NSX is the first one to use the new technology In it's class.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
No... The point is that they were able to use the same type of new technology used in the 918 and P1 but at a lower, more realistic price point. The NSX competes with other supercars but utilizes the same technology found in the P1/918.

And the 911 might not be switching to Turbo 4, but just the fact that they're offering one shows that there will be a hybrid variant of the 911 out sometime In the future.. Same with the new GTR and R8. NSX is the first one to use the new technology In it's class.
what do you mean first one? i have not seen any NSX on the road yet but i8, P1 and 918 are already on the street.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by VR1
No... The point is that they were able to use the same type of new technology used in the 918 and P1 but at a lower, more realistic price point. (So does the Prius C) The NSX competes with other supercars but utilizes the same technology found in the P1/918. (It doesn't compete with anything because it doesn't even exist and because of that you don't know if it uses the same tech or if it even competes at all)

And the 911 might not be switching to Turbo 4, but just the fact that they're offering one shows that there will be a hybrid variant of the 911 out sometime (It actually doesn't at all show that) In the future.. Same with the new GTR and R8. (and I bet they'll both wipe the floor with the NSX) NSX is the first one to use the new technology In it's class.(It's actually not, BMW i8 would hold that title along with the Panamera Hybrid)
See above.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts

The degree to which you are 1) out of your league and 2) showing your behind in this discussion is laughable.

No one would ever say this about a Ferrari or a McLaren, but for some reason because it has a A on its hood, it makes you say stupid things about it.
The following users liked this post:
VR1 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
I'm not going to say the NSX competes with the Prius... but how is technology that's been available to the public since 1997 advanced? Sure, its got to be a lot better than what was available 18 years ago, but lets not pretend they're reinventing the wheel here.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:37 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by kurtatx
The degree to which you are 1) out of your league and 2) showing your behind in this discussion is laughable.

No one would ever say this about a Ferrari or a McLaren, but for some reason because it has a A on its hood, it makes you say stupid things about it.
Saying that an electric motor and battery hooked to an IC engine is new and advanced tech is quite laughable.

No one would say this about a Ferrari or McLaren because they have a history of putting out consistently awesome cars with ground breaking technology every time. Acura/Honda promises the world and consistently underdelivers. It takes them so long to develop anything that it's out of date by the time it launches. Pitching the new NSX as revolutionary when EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER already has a hybrid supercar is silly. NSX is not revolutionary, it's not going to be the fastest, it won't handle the best. The only thing it has going for it is that it has the NSX badge on the trunk and some pretty headlights.

I said it before in this thread but the Focus RS a 4 cylinder engine that produces more HP and torque than any production Honda engine ever made. Think about that for a minute and then remember that this is a Focus hatchback.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:22 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
Using that logic, then no cars are really technologically advanced, including the P1 and 918, since Toyota has already been using IC with motors since 1997.

On another note, I'm not aware that every manufacturer has a hybrid super car. May be you can provide a list? Is there one from Proton? How about Tata? remember, you said "EVERY." Show us.
The following 2 users liked this post by iforyou:
kurtatx (02-13-2015), VR1 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
P1, 918, and i8's technology is not new. The concept is the same: use battery in places where traditional IC engine lacks (MPG and power)

However, the difference is, Prius uses battery to save $$, which is debatable. but P1 and others use battery for speed... anything else is just added bonus.

NSX on the other side is following the same trend, then there will be the next GTR, R8 and many others. So to say NSX is using the same tech but cheaper, yah it is true. It is also going to be slower.

Which you can apply the same logic to the Prius.. it is 1/10 of price of NSX probably got 1/10 of the performance as well with 10% of NSX technology.

Only if NSX was released 2 years ago before any of those big names hybrid cars, then it would have the WOW factor, now in 2015, what else is new?

Last edited by oonowindoo; 02-13-2015 at 06:43 PM.
VR1 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 07:47 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
what do you mean first one? i have not seen any NSX on the road yet but i8, P1 and 918 are already on the street.
I said: NSX is the first one to use the new technology In it's class.

P1 and 918 are not in the NSX's class.. Argument could be made for the i8, but the i8 is more of a GT car then a sports car... NSX is in the same class as GTR, R8, 911 Turbo, etc... i8 I consider to be in a class of the Mercedes SL and other GT cars.. Acura could've (I think) come out with a NSX already with poor specs (those of the i8)..

Last edited by VR1; 02-13-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:58 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

See above.
(So does the Prius C)

Yes... Prius C uses the same tech, but as I said previously, IT DOES NOT USE IT IN THE SAME WAY AS THE NSX.. If they were able to make a Prius C that WAS AWD Torque Vectoring with a exceedingly low weight, advanced materials and package it into the body of the NSX then yes.. I would not be as impressed.. But the amount of engineering and design that had to be done to make a ICE + EM pairing work with all those above requirements makes the task MUCH MORE HARDER.. Are you gonna compare the Prius C with the P1, 918 and next generation of sports cars too? I mean, look at a Toyota Corolla and 458.. Both are internal combustion engines with the same tech right? Ya, but one requires SIGNIFICANTLY more innovation and engineering to be accomplished..

(It doesn't compete with anything because it doesn't even exist and because of that you don't know if it uses the same tech or if it even competes at all)

Uh.... They already told us the tech it uses awhile ago.. It a twin turbo V6 And electric motor with torque vectoring AWD.. And yes it does exist... What is the Marysville Ohio plant preparing for? Why did all they reveal the production version a month ago?

(It actually doesn't at all show that)

How much you wanna bet there is a hybrid version 911 in the next 10 years?

(and I bet they'll both wipe the floor with the NSX)

Ok.

(It's actually not, BMW i8 would hold that title along with the Panamera Hybrid)

I said "in its class"... No way in hell a panamera is in the same class as a NSX.. And I don't think anyone is going to cross shop an i8 with a GTR or NSX or 911 Turbo.. GT vs sportscar

Where are the R8, GTR, etc... hybrids? The R36 will be hybrid but nissan already said its coming out in 2018 at earliest... Next generation R8 still in development.. Are you going to call those outdated also? By the time the next generation of sportscars developes, engineers and produces and makes their next gen's (3-4 years at the earliest), the mid cycled NSX will already be out soon..

Last edited by VR1; 02-13-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:04 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Saying that an electric motor and battery hooked to an IC engine is new and advanced tech is quite laughable.

No one would say this about a Ferrari or McLaren because they have a history of putting out consistently awesome cars with ground breaking technology every time. Acura/Honda promises the world and consistently underdelivers. It takes them so long to develop anything that it's out of date by the time it launches. Pitching the new NSX as revolutionary when EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER already has a hybrid supercar is silly. NSX is not revolutionary, it's not going to be the fastest, it won't handle the best. The only thing it has going for it is that it has the NSX badge on the trunk and some pretty headlights.

I said it before in this thread but the Focus RS a 4 cylinder engine that produces more HP and torque than any production Honda engine ever made. Think about that for a minute and then remember that this is a Focus hatchback.
WTF? Don't think I can read anything after this..
Old 02-13-2015, 08:12 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
P1, 918, and i8's technology is not new. The concept is the same: use battery in places where traditional IC engine lacks (MPG and power)

However, the difference is, Prius uses battery to save $$, which is debatable. but P1 and others use battery for speed... anything else is just added bonus.

NSX on the other side is following the same trend, then there will be the next GTR, R8 and many others. So to say NSX is using the same tech but cheaper, yah it is true. It is also going to be slower.

Which you can apply the same logic to the Prius.. it is 1/10 of price of NSX probably got 1/10 of the performance as well with 10% of NSX technology.

Only if NSX was released 2 years ago before any of those big names hybrid cars, then it would have the WOW factor, now in 2015, what else is new?
I agree. But, the development process was really only 3 years for the car... They changed the engine direction/rotation halfway which required significant change to the design and production of the car... There's an article on Road and Track or Motortrend about it... Anyways, even today other manufacturers are still in development of their hybrid next gen sports cars..
Old 02-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by iforyou
Using that logic, then no cars are really technologically advanced, including the P1 and 918, since Toyota has already been using IC with motors since 1997.

On another note, I'm not aware that every manufacturer has a hybrid super car. May be you can provide a list? Is there one from Proton? How about Tata? remember, you said "EVERY." Show us.
lol at the fanboys liking this post.

Right, none of those cars are using anything all that technologically new at all. They are just jacking up a few levels. The rest of the car is quite advanced though.

I guess I should have said major manufacturer.

Also Tata has this:
Old 02-16-2015, 09:11 AM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,475 Likes on 932 Posts
I was at the Chicago Auto Show on Saturday and Ford was the first booth I stopped at. I was there right at the opening at 9am and it wasn't too crowded so I was able to chat with a Ford employee. I asked if he heard more information about the RS and unfortunately he didn't, but we talked about the ST for a bit. He did mention that he talked to someone that walked into a Ford dealer and put down a $1k deposit for an RS to have his name first on a list when the order bank opens up. The employee expects it to open up later this year, around autumn. And delivery would be early 2016.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:23 AM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

The 2015 Focus ST looks pretty good. My favorite part is the new Magnetic Gray color; it looks fantastic.

The headlights look great and I like the front grille, especially how it doesn't have the two vertical bars on each side like mine does.

00TL-P3.2 (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 09:41 AM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
I was at the Chicago Auto Show on Saturday and Ford was the first booth I stopped at. I was there right at the opening at 9am and it wasn't too crowded so I was able to chat with a Ford employee. I asked if he heard more information about the RS and unfortunately he didn't, but we talked about the ST for a bit. He did mention that he talked to someone that walked into a Ford dealer and put down a $1k deposit for an RS to have his name first on a list when the order bank opens up. The employee expects it to open up later this year, around autumn. And delivery would be early 2016.
Good, gives me time to save up. Unless they announce it'll be limited quantities, there's no reason to go put down a deposit right now...
Old 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

lol at the fanboys liking this post.

Right, none of those cars are using anything all that technologically new at all. They are just jacking up a few levels. The rest of the car is quite advanced though.

I guess I should have said major manufacturer.

Also Tata has this:
Nice Jaguar lol.

I think VR1's point is that the NSX is the first in its price range to be a hybrid super car with electric torque vectoring? Other major manufacturers may have something similar in the work too, so let's see if the NSX comes out before them.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Ex-OEM King

First look at Nitrous Blue for the FoRS. Looks pretty nice but I'm not really sold on it based on these pictures...

Ford Focus RS makes US debut in New York, hits dealers Spring 2016
Old 03-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
^ it looks like it's sad, lol

I like it though. I'd definitely rock one.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

It's a year away? Jesus.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Ex-OEM King

Originally Posted by charliemike
It's a year away? Jesus.
Tell me about it...

I need to get my name on a dealer's list here soon. Need to find the ones willing to sell for a little over invoice. I know there are a handful of dealers that are selling the Golf R for invoice, I'm hoping similar ones will pop up for this car. I wouldn't care about travel to go get it. Good opportunity to break in the motor.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:20 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

What are the specs?
Old 03-25-2015, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

What are the specs?
too fast for you, bro.

but in all seriousness, it'll have AWD and "north of" 316hp. nothing confirmed yet, i believe.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:28 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

ohhh...how about weight?

I'm more interested to know how much faster the RS is compared to the Golf R on the Ring. The VW Golf R did a 8:14.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:50 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
it!
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Hmm, I think I liked the Liquid Blue a bit more.

I may end up going with Stealth Gray.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Ex-OEM King

ohhh...how about weight?

I'm more interested to know how much faster the RS is compared to the Golf R on the Ring. The VW Golf R did a 8:14.
No one knows because no one has driven the car yet. Only thing out there are development mules. Do you want a record breaking lap out of a development car?

Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
Hmm, I think I liked the Liquid Blue a bit more.

I may end up going with Stealth Gray.
Me too, either that or black. The blue looks too much like baby blue for my tastes. Unless it ends up looking totally different in real life pics which we'll get next week at NY auto show.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

ohhh...how about weight?

The Mk7 R was that slow?
Old 03-26-2015, 04:30 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

No one knows because no one has driven the car yet. Only thing out there are development mules. Do you want a record breaking lap out of a development car?
ahhh I thought the one shown in the Geneva Auto Show is pretty much the production model.....

Originally Posted by charliemike
The Mk7 R was that slow?
Depends on how you see it I guess......Cars that are around 8:14:

2004 SL65 AMG
2007 M5
1990 NSX
2004 911 Carrera
2005 Viper SRT-10
2005 Lan Evo 8
Old 03-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Ex-OEM King

ahhh I thought the one shown in the Geneva Auto Show is pretty much the production model.....
Nope, there's only one production spec model right now and it's going to be at NY auto show next week. It's still not finished though and doesn't have engine tuning done and all the final tweaks completed.

FWIW, here are some better pics of that new blue. Looks pretty good in these pics. Also, video of start up and rev. Sounds epic. Based on these pics, I'd buy a blue one.

The following 2 users liked this post by SamDoe1:
justnspace (03-27-2015), RPhilMan1 (03-30-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:35 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Nope, there's only one production spec model right now and it's going to be at NY auto show next week. It's still not finished though and doesn't have engine tuning done and all the final tweaks completed.

FWIW, here are some better pics of that new blue. Looks pretty good in these pics. Also, video of start up and rev. Sounds epic. Based on these pics, I'd buy a blue one.

2016 Ford Focus RS Exhaust - YouTube
there's only one production spec model of the RS?
Old 03-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Ex-OEM King

there's only one production spec model of the RS?
According to the Jalopnik article, there is exactly ONE unit of the FoRS in production spec in existence today and the value of that car is something like $500k because everything on it is one off parts.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
According to the Jalopnik article, there is exactly ONE unit of the FoRS in production spec in existence today and the value of that car is something like $500k because everything on it is one off parts.
so, who wants to run a fast and furious scheme with me!?

i bet you it's sitting in a trailer some where.
we could pull off a heist!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Team Owner

Just watch for curbs after you get it..

Quick Reply: Ford: Focus News