Ford: F-Series News

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2021, 01:23 AM
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by #1 STUNNA
https://twitter.com/lorakolodny/stat...197615104?s=21

How many people are going to pay $20k more for a truck with 40% less range?
Probably a bunch. They seem to be doing okay with the Mach e and it's worse. What did they sell 700k trucks last year, 900k the year before, 900k the year before that? Including stupid 100k dollar platinum f-350's that no hotshot truck driver in their right mind would buy.
I'm sure there will be a slice of that headed to their electric truck. People buy Calvin pissing on Chevy stickers, don't try to think about it too much. Everything is stupid. I just want a race to the bottom so I can buy one of them that is 10 years old for like 14k dollars.

I also don't like the whole structural battery/ unibody deal.
To me you have the car world... unibody super stuff chassis, great road handling.
Or the truck world, body on frame, chassis flexes and twists, handles like a bowl of soup, but lasts as long as you can keep the engine running

Anyway in conclusion the Crown Victoria is better than the cyber truck. Good day.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stapler:
00TL-P3.2 (05-21-2021), Comfy (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 08:29 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Stapler
Probably a bunch. They seem to be doing okay with the Mach e and it's worse. What did they sell 700k trucks last year, 900k the year before, 900k the year before that? Including stupid 100k dollar platinum f-350's that no hotshot truck driver in their right mind would buy.
I'm sure there will be a slice of that headed to their electric truck. People buy Calvin pissing on Chevy stickers, don't try to think about it too much. Everything is stupid. I just want a race to the bottom so I can buy one of them that is 10 years old for like 14k dollars.

I also don't like the whole structural battery/ unibody deal.
To me you have the car world... unibody super stuff chassis, great road handling.
Or the truck world, body on frame, chassis flexes and twists, handles like a bowl of soup, but lasts as long as you can keep the engine running

Anyway in conclusion the Crown Victoria is better than the cyber truck. Good day.
great post.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:39 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 6,197 Likes on 4,065 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
Well well well..... where are we... So the CT doesn't exist, but the F 150 lightning will be produced soon. What logic is that?

The fact is both exist only in concept / preproduction forms. CT is actually slated to be produced THIS YEAR albeit in limited quantity (not in 2022)....You realize that the Austin factory has started producing some parts, right...? Let that sink in, before you start bashing only one of the product.

You are counting on folks blindly buying Ford (even with weaker specs) simply because it has a badge, adding to it the dealer mark ups too ...what can I say. LOL

How many reservations has it got..... if any at all...? Ford didn't release that ....right ..???
Ford has said they've shown the production version of the truck. The best part about this is that many of the parts are literally right off of an F150 so they've been making them for years! The thing you forget about Ford is that they are in the business of making cars efficiently and quickly. So tooling up a plant to make these is much easier for them than Tesla. If they say that this will go on sale this year, I'd believe it (aside from chip shortage) whereas if Tesla says they'll launch the truck this year, I don't believe it at all. Also, we haven't even seen a production version of the CT.

Have you never met a truck buyer? They buy [insert brand here] because their dad did and so did his dad and so on. My father in law refuses to buy a Ford because he's a Chevy guy even though the Ford was cheaper for more equipment. Don't even get him started on Toyota. So if you expect truck guys to buy a Tesla, you've got another thing coming. Only people buying the CT (and they haven't even said how many of the orders converted to sales) are Tesla fanbois, not people who are going to use them.

They released it got 20k reservations in 24 hours. Also, don't forget about fleet sales that will certainly help prop sales of the EV F150.

https://twitter.com/lorakolodny/stat...197615104?s=21

How many people are going to pay $20k more for a truck with 40% less range?
This chart conveniently leaves out the MachE and ID4 lol. Also, two of the cars are CA compliance cars that aren't on sale anymore, two cost $100k+, and two are old AF commuter cars. It's not a surprise that Tesla owns the EV market. They've done everything right to get there. They have a serious uphill battle though with all the other companies bringing out viable and well performing models.

To answer your question. A lot of people are going to pay that.
The following 2 users liked this post by SamDoe1:
00TL-P3.2 (05-21-2021), Comfy (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 11:35 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

The only thing I’d say is that the biggest loser here seems to be the battery supplier SK innovation. Looks like they are getting screwed by Ford for their batteries, and whatever profit they make would be paid as royalty to LG. .
Old 05-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Well well well..... where are we... So the CT doesn't exist, but the F 150 lightning will be produced soon. What logic is that?

The fact is both exist only in concept / preproduction forms. CT is actually slated to be produced THIS YEAR albeit in limited quantity (not in 2022)....You realize that the Austin factory has started producing some parts, right...? Let that sink in, before you start bashing only one of the product.

You are counting on folks blindly buying Ford (even with weaker specs) simply because it has a badge, adding to it the dealer mark ups too ...what can I say. LOL

How many reservations has it got..... if any at all...? Ford didn't release that ....right ..???
have you seen the picture of the F150 lightning and the cyber truck? We know F150 will be on schedule, at least the car will....whether they will have enough chips to produce enough cars is another story.
Are you willing to bet real $ that Cybertruck will be released THIS YEAR ??? you have about 6 months left... plenty of time right?

If you wanna talk about parts, alot of the parts on the F150 lighting are already in Ford's part bin.... Now let that sink in...

If you know anything about truck buyers, yes they do just that. Buy it blindly... and they have been doing that for decades. I am not really sure if you know anything about the car industry......
Old 05-21-2021, 02:53 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Received 10,840 Likes on 6,588 Posts
Yikes the EV F-150 launch interest peak can't even beat the baseline Cybertruck interest

Old 05-21-2021, 03:01 PM
Team Owner

Maybe F150 owners dont give a shit about EV in general... so if F150 owners dont care about F150 EV, u can bet your ass they wont give a shit about Tesla.

It proves nothing.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Ex-OEM King

Yikes the EV F-150 launch interest peak can't even beat the baseline Cybertruck interest
I always love the stunna rage shitposting a car brand that competes with another car brand that he doesn't even own. I'm guessing you still cannot comprehend the volume of F150's Ford sells in this country. Even if Tesla converts every single preorder into a sale (zero chance of this happening), it still isn't even a third of what Ford sells for F150's in the US market alone.

In other news, EV F150 orders now up to 45k.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:31 PM
Sanest Florida Man

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
In other news, EV F150 orders now up to 45k.
Bruhhh

I bet there was a spike in cybertruck orders after this F150 announcement because some people were waiting to see what they were going to offer and now that they see that the F150 cost $20,000 more and has 40% less range they’re going with the cybertruck

and tesla didn’t pay for a single ad meanwhile the Ford EV F150 is being advertised everywhere. Sad.

Last edited by #1 STUNNA; 05-21-2021 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:37 AM

Received 5,566 Likes on 3,798 Posts
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...evealed-specs/

Since unveiling its first all-electric pickup last week, Ford has been repeating the message that the F-150 Lightning does work. No where is that more obvious than in the F-150 Lightning Pro, a commercial customer trim version Ford is announcing today.

Unsurprisingly, most of the Lightning Pro’s technical features are shared with the consumer Lightning. That means the same battery options of either the standard pack that should get 230 miles or an extended-range battery for 300 miles, the same 14.1 cubic feet frunk, and, perhaps most important for fleet operators trying to get jobs done (other than the vinyl seats) is the ability to run tools right from the truck

Pro Power Onboard is a built-in AC power source for the F-150 Lightning and Lightning Pro. In talking up the standard Lightning, Ford is happy to explain that the truck’s Pro Power Onboard can improve tailgates or power your home during an outage. For the Lightning Pro, Ford said a single charge of the extended-range battery has "enough power to rip up to 30 miles of half-inch plywood." Same hardware, different message.

In the Lightning Pro, the standard Pro Power feature offers 2.4 kilowatts of power through four trunk-based outlets, two in the cabin and two in the bed. The available 9.6-kilowatt Pro Power Onboard option adds two more 120-volt and a 240-volt AC outlet in the bed. Personal Lightning owners can set limits so that their campsite usage won’t drain the battery too much to get home or to a nearby charging station. With the Lightning Pro, fleet managers can do the same for their trucks out on jobs, so that they can always make it back to the garage or somewhere where they can recharge.

The Lightning Pro comes as dual-motor with four-wheel drive. It will produce an expected 426 horsepower with the standard-range battery. With the extended-range pack, this number jumps to 563 horsepower.

The Lightning Pro will come in one body style: a full-size, four-door, five-passenger SuperCrew configuration with a 5.5-foot bed and a standard Class IV hitch. Inside, the Lightning Pro uses an Intelligent Range system that takes terrain, weather, cargo, and trailer load into account when it calculates how many miles are left in the battery. Thanks to cloud connectivity and Sync 4, the truck will recommend a visit to a charging station if the state of charge drops.

How much energy you can put into the pack depends on the charger used. With the standard-range F-150 Lightning Pro and the included 32-amp mobile charger, refilling the battery from 15 to 100 percent at 240 volts takes 14 hours. The time drops to 10 hours with the optional 48-amp Ford Connected Charge Station or the 80-amp Ford Charge Station. On a 150-kW DC fast charger, going from 15 to 85 percent full takes 44 minutes (all times are longer with the extended range battery).

The F-150 Lightning Pro with the standard-range battery will start at an estimated $41,669, assuming the as yet unannounced destination charge is the same $1695 as that for the gas-powered F-150. Choosing the extended-range pack adds $10,000 to the price. Electric-vehicle incentives may also be available.

It’s not like Ford’s commercial customers have been without any electric options. Around a decade ago, Ford and Azure Dynamics worked together on the Transit Connect Electric, a plug-in version of the gas-powered Transit Connect delivery van. In late 2020, Ford announced an all-electric version of the larger Transit cargo van, which also offered Pro Power Onboard and other features found in the Lightning Pro. But here's a solid additional choice.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:04 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
When Ford revealed the 2022 F-150 Lightning last week, it left out the vast majority of details concerning the cheapest version. We were told it was a work truck, and that it would start at $39,974, but that was all. Today, Ford released the information we were looking for.

The work truck is officially named the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro. While it’s built with intention for commercial customers, regular consumers will also be allowed to buy it if they want the cheapest-possible electric F-150. For some perspective, the cheapest trim above the Pro is the XLT, and it starts at a much higher $52,974.
Keep in mind the truck is eligible for the $7,500 federal EV tax credit and any state-level incentives.

What you get at the Pro’s base price isn’t as basic as you might assume.

It’s the same powertrain setup as all the other Lightning trims. That means the standard range battery offers 230 miles of range and all-wheel drive from its dual motors. Output from those motors is identical to the consumer-oriented truck at 426 horsepower and 775 pound-feet of torque. And you can upgrade to the extended-range version with 300 miles of range if you want. This boosts power to 563 horsepower, but the price is bumped up to $49,974. That’s a $10,000 increase for 70 miles of additional range, so commercial customers will have to really need it to plunk down the extra cash.

There are also capability-related incentives for going with the extended-range battery. Maximum towing capacity for the standard-range Lightning is just 5,000 pounds. You can up this to 7,700 pounds with the Max Trailer Tow package, but the only way to get the F-150’s maximum 10,000-pound towing capacity is by stepping up to the extended-range version and tacking on that model’s Max Trailer Tow package. If payload is your aim, know that the Pro has a 2,000-pound payload capacity.

When it comes to standard equipment on the Lightning Pro, things aren’t as sparse as the “work truck” moniker might have you believe. All models will be in the four-door Supercrew configuration. You get vinyl seats, the 12-inch Sync infotainment system and Ford’s Co-Pilot360 2.0 driver assistance suite. It comes with a 32-amp Ford Mobile Charger as standard equipment, but if you get the extended range, Ford upgrades you to the 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro. This charger is akin to plugging into a Level 2 charger, meaning that you’ll easily have a full battery in the morning if you plug in overnight. Ford promises the charge from 15% battery level up to 100% will take around 8 hours with the extended-range truck on the 80-amp charger. Maximum charging speed is reached on 150 kW Level 3 DC fast chargers that can bring the battery from 15% to 80% in just 45 minutes.

Ford’s Pro Power Onboard comes standard, but you only get the less powerful 2.6 kW version. If you want the mega-powerful 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard system, that’ll be an optional extra (Ford didn’t detail pricing yet). It’s an option fleets might want for worksites, as it adds a couple extra 120V outlets in the bed alongside one 240V outlet.

Just like the regular consumer truck, the fleet truck gets Ford’s enhanced Onboard Scales system that provides real-time payload weight information, and then adjusts predicted range based on the extra weight. That auto-adjusting range system will also take into account terrain (if you have navigation set), weather and trailer load.

Fleet-friendly features and buying tools are being made available. For example, a new digital fleet planning tool will make it easy for folks to see if the electric pickup makes financial sense. You can calculate everything out for both purchase and leasing costs, factor in federal and state tax credits and even see how maintenance costs with the Lightning could change the financial outlook.

Ford is predicting that scheduled maintenance costs over an eight-year/100,000-mile period will be 40% less than that of a gasoline F-150’s running costs. Ford promises maintenance will be easy, too, as it currently has 644 EV-certified Ford Commercial Vehicle centers across the country.

“The digital fleet planning tool will help demonstrate how Ford can provide many customers improved total cost of ownership for a full-size commercial electric truck, from favorable purchase costs, lower fuel and maintenance costs plus strong residual values we expect will mirror those of the commercial F-Series trucks,” says Ted Cannis, GM, Ford North America commercial business.

Ford’s EV telematics system will let fleet managers keep a close eye on their fleet of F-150 Lightnings in the field and over time. All the data you might want is available via a cloud network. This allows you to track the vehicle’s status, health and range whenever you want. Ford also says you can “log and pay for public charging events centrally, reimburse employees for home charging” and even “remotely pre-condition the cabin while plugged in.” That could make for some happy and warm employees in winter months.

If you want to look into buying a fleet of F-150 Lightning Pros for your work needs, Ford says you can register interest at fleet.ford.com.
F-150 Lightning Pro revealed as Ford's sub-$40K electric work truck | Autoblog
Old 05-27-2021, 11:58 PM
Sanest Florida Man

I generally like the idea of underpromising and overdelivering it’s a great marketing strategy but you don’t want to under promise so much that people go with your competitor
Old 05-28-2021, 12:03 AM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
watching that video right now. i dont get why Ford doesnt disclose (or maybe i didnt see it because i honestly didnt pay attention) that the epa ranges they provide are with a 1000lbs payload

Last edited by Mizouse; 05-28-2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2021, 07:28 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by Mizouse
watching that video right now. i dont get why Ford doesnt disclose (or maybe i didnt see it because i honestly didnt pay attention) that the epa ranges they provide are with a 1000lbs payload
So is that true for all trucks...? That’s might reduce the actual EPA range for Cybertruck too. Wouldn’t it?
Old 05-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Ex-OEM King

So is that true for all trucks...? That’s might reduce the actual EPA range for Cybertruck too. Wouldn’t it?
Neither the EV F150 nor the CT have been rated by the EPA at this point. The EPA does not test in a loaded configuration. Current numbers for either are manufacturer provided estimates. Being that Teslas never actually make their rated range even unloaded in any model, I'm going to guess that they don't advertise as such.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:51 PM
Ex-OEM King

https://twitter.com/wholemarsblog/st...604366850?s=21
https://twitter.com/mkbhd/status/139...156231168?s=21

I generally like the idea of underpromising and overdelivering it’s a great marketing strategy but you don’t want to under promise so much that people go with your competitor
There's not a snowball's chance in hell that the cybertruck outsells an F150 lol. Especially seeing as though we haven't even seen a production CT.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:37 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Neither the EV F150 nor the CT have been rated by the EPA at this point.
Rivian is supposed to ship the R1T in July and it has yet to have a published EPA range.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:36 AM
Race Director

When Ford revealed the F-150 Lightning electric pickup, the automaker gave pricing only for the Pro work-truck commercial version ($39,974) and the base XLT ($52,974) — both before the $7,500 federal tax credit. Now, we have pricing information for the higher-spec models. Reportedly, it was contained in a survey email sent by Ford and uploaded to Reddit. Ford has said that the figures quoted in the survey don't necessarily reflect final pricing. But even if that turns out to be true, we expect they won't be far off.

Ford had previously given a breakdown of the equipment on the XLT, Lariat, and Platinum trim levels, but this chart goes further, showing what's in the XLT's available Premium Package and the Lariat's Premium Package as well.

The XLT Premium Package is listed at $56,774, or $3,800 more than the regular XLT. It adds Co-Pilot Assist with adaptive cruise control, the 9.6 kW onboard power supply and 240-volt outlet, 20-inch wheels with a dark finish, passive door unlocking, a heated steering wheel, 10-way instead of eight-way power-adjustable front seats, LED cargo box lighting, and the power tailgate with integrated step and work surface.

The chart shows the Lariat at $67,474. Features here include the big 15-inch touchscreen, wireless charging, leather, heated and ventilated seats, power-folding side mirrors, a power rear sliding window, ambient lighting, and a garage-door opener.

The Lariat with Premium Package is listed at $79,474. It comes standard with the extended-range battery and upgrades to the 563-horsepower motor. The Premium Package also brings an 80-amp onboard power supply that can be used as a household generator. Additional equipment includes the BlueCruise hands-free highway driving feature, a towing package, phone-as-key, a dual-pane sunroof, heated rear seats, a power-adjustable steering column, and a rear storage compartment.

The F-150 Lightning tops out with the Platinum at $89,874. Its special elements include upgraded leather inside, skid plates with special lighting, a gloss-black grille, exclusive 22-inch wheels, multi-contour active-motion seats, the max-towing package, premium audio, and wood and aluminum interior accents.
Ford F-150 Lightning full trim pricing info leaks online | Autoblog
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (06-21-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 12:44 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,923 Likes on 4,317 Posts
Old 07-06-2021, 05:00 PM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41420/...-f-150-pickups

Have you been waiting to buy a new pickup truck? You aren't alone. Ford would love to sell you a freshly built, 14th-generation F-150, but as we've written about already, it's not always that simple. Luckily, after months of watching stockpiles of unfinished trucks grow with no semiconductors available, the story is about to change. As the Detroit Free Pressreports, Ford has sourced a supply of chips and will soon ship out thousands of 2021 F-Series pickups.

The supply chain shortage has made itself known across the market for both new and used vehicles, causing a scarcity of the former and skyrocketing prices of the latter. This is especially true for trucks, which makes Ford's acquisition of a sizable chip supply even more noteworthy. It seems like the parking lots full of pickups that you can see from space will be clearing out soon, then.

Ford hasn't said exactly how many trucks it plans to complete in the coming weeks, though The Drive has reached out for clarification there.

It's no surprise to hear that the F-Series is being prioritized by Ford, what with it being the country's best-selling truck for more than four decades. The Blue Oval automaker has chosen to idle plants across the States that build various SUV models and, yes, even its pickups, though there are plenty of F-150s, F-250s, and F-350s hanging around waiting on chips and chips alone.

Slumping sales numbers reflect the hardships inflicted by pandemic-related shortages; just look at the F-Series' year-over-year figures. In June 2020, Ford sold 65,188 units in the half-ton and up categories—this year, that's dropped 26.9 percent to 45,673. It's not due to a lack of demand, either, as owner forums buzz with talks of delivery dates and the like. It's not just Bronco fanatics who are getting impatient.

"We're working to get chips into F-Series pickups and get them out to dealers. That's our first priority," explained Erich Merkle, U.S. sales analyst at Ford, to Freep. "We'll see our inventories improve. It'll take time but stock will gradually start to improve the second half of the year."

Total F-Series sales numbers for the first six months of 2021 clock in at 362,032. That's just 1.5 percent lower than the same stretch from last year. It seems like recovery is possible, then, which would be more good news for Ford.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:53 PM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41496/...-diesel-engine

Sure, it's cool to have a diesel engine in your Ford F-150, but you don't really gain much from it anymore. With fuel economy figures for Ford's 3.5-liter PowerBoost hybrid surpassing that of the 3.0-liter Power Stroke V6, it's become more of a novelty than anything. And even though it makes a mighty healthy 510 pound-feet of torque, the non-hybrid 3.5-liter EcoBoost is right behind it with 500 pound-feet—plus, it tows more.

That's likely why Ford is dropping it from the F-150's engine lineup. The news was first reported by Ford Authorityand was later confirmed by Ford to The Drive.

Let it be said that no one here is happy about the unique Power Stroke diesel option being pulled. It might not have been the best performer but it added some variety to the half-ton F-Series range. When tens if not hundreds of thousands of people drive trucks exactly like yours in basically every other way, it's nice to stand out at the fuel pumps when you reach for the green handle.

Nevertheless, it just doesn't make sense with Ford's gas offerings being so efficient and so powerful; there's also the electric F-150 Lightning on the way. The F-150's Power Stroke V6 makes 250 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque, as I mentioned, with a max towing capacity of 11,500 pounds. Compare that to the new PowerBoost hybrid's torque figure of 570 pound-feet, or the 3.5-liter EcoBoost's max tow rating of 14,000 pounds, and you'll see why Ford is ditching the diesel.

Certain options like the 36-gallon fuel tank were never available on the F-150 Power Stroke either, which kneecapped its total range when compared to the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and Chevy Silverado 1500 Duramax. Those trucks can break 1,000 miles on a tank, though the same can't be said for the compression-ignition F-150, which never got get any help to go along with its EPA fuel economy rating of 30 miles per gallon highway.

Oh, and you also can't get it with Ford's stellar Pro Power Onboard mobile generator setup.

Ford explained to me via email that you can order a brand-new, 14th-generation F-150 with the Power Stroke diesel, so long as it's by Friday, July 16. If you do that, you'd have a pretty rare bird in your driveway come delivery time.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:49 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
no more rolling coal
Old 07-13-2021, 09:02 AM

I honestly don't think I've seen a PSD F150. Definitely see the EcoDiesel Rams running around here.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:54 PM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41868/...-up-at-dealers

Ford has plenty of trucks to deliver right now and unexpected obstacles are keeping that from happening. Of course, there's the chip shortage, and then the train derailment that totaled tons of F-150s and Transit vans. Supplier issues have also kneecapped Bronco production in more ways than one, so it's surprising to see that Ford's already shipping third-gen Raptors to dealers.

Thanks to @theraptorconnection on Instagram, we spotted a 2021 Raptor for sale at Oxmoor Ford outside Louisville, Kentucky. It's legit, too, as we reached out to Ford about the truck that's currently listed at $10,000 over MSRP. That's a common practice right now anyways, but considering we've only found two for sale across the country, Oxmoor can pretty much charge what it wants here.

While there aren't any photos attached to the dealer's online listing, a walkaround video shows just how loaded it is. It's an 801A package with 18-speaker Bang & Olufsen audio, the Towing Technology pack, carbon fiber accents and adaptive cruise control. It's never mentioned in the quick tour but this Raptor looks to ride on 35-inch tires rather than the optional 37-inch BF Goodrich rollers.

Oxmoor's 2021 Raptor has an MSRP of $80,040, though it's listed with a cash price of $90,040. While nobody likes a dealer markup, it's not the most egregious we've seen, and desperate buyers have made it clear how far they'll go to be the first with a hot new Ford. The other 2021 Raptor we spotted for sale at Shults Ford in Pennsylvania has a higher MSRP of $84,570, though no market adjustment is mentioned, nor are there any photos of the truck itself.

Some have treated the third-gen Raptor's first model year as sort of a buffer between the outgoing pickup and the upcoming Raptor R, which is slated to get a supercharged V8. Regardless of that, the 2021 truck gets coil spring rear suspension, fancy Fox Live Valve shocks and an improved exhaust for that 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6. It's still plenty capable with 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque, though if you want one with 700 or so ponies, you've got another year to wait.

The following users liked this post:
bkknight369 (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 08:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It's a beautiful truck. Will need to wait a while before they come back to MSRP
Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 AM

https://www.thedrive.com/news/42353/...xt-to-a-raptor

The F-150 Raptor is an off-road trendsetter, as evidenced by newfound competition like the Ram TRX. It has massive 37-inch tires available from the factory and advanced Fox shocks, but it's not the only version of the F-150 designed to take on rough terrain. The truck's Tremor variant was revealed late last year, and it's a capable 4x4 in its own right.

Today we're seeing the two next to each other for what might be the first time, courtesy of Ford North America Product Communications Director Mike Levine. While some differences are clear—like the Raptor's bulging bodywork and meatier tires—there are similarities here that make the Tremor a solid value. It's worth a little analysis.

Now, the Raptor is Ford's off-road king until the V8-powered Raptor R comes out. The Tremor sits below it as a more conventional trim of the F-150, albeit with its own host of upgrades. It's more dedicated to four-wheeling than an FX4-equipped truck, what with its locking differentials, trail-focused tech, and 33-inch General Grabber tires.

Despite slotting below the Raptor, we can finally see just how hardcore the Tremor really is.

The Tremor gets a few suspension upgrades over the regular truck to establish its lifted ride height, including retuned springs and new shocks—monotubes up front and twin-tube units at the rear. The front knuckles and upper control arms are changed to make the lift possible as well. The top of the Tremor's cab is 79.3 inches from the ground as a result, compared to 77.2 inches for a regular F-150 4x4 and 80.7 for a Raptor with 37s. Your eyes aren't tricking you, then, as the Tremor really is just 1.4 inches shorter than the baddest F-150 out there. Fit the standard 35s on the Raptor and the difference shrinks to a half-inch.

Ground clearance, however, is considerably better on the Raptor. At 13.1 inches, the Baja-inspired truck's floor is 3.5 inches higher than the Tremor's. Just the same, the Raptor's panels are also altered to enable a wider track width; it's 4.8 inches wider in the rear and 5.8 inches in the front when compared to the Tremor. Accentuated by plastic cladding, that's probably the most noticeable difference besides the Raptor's altered grilles and light fixtures.

The Raptor and Tremor share a basic drivetrain as Ford's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 comes standard on both vehicles. While the Raptor gets a 50-horsepower boost, the Tremor has to make do with 400 ponies. The two share some other components, too, including a front locking Torsen differential.

So the two trucks are similar, but certainly not the same. The Raptor is built for some proper action out in the dunes, while the Tremor is more of a low-speed off-roader. It's also more capable when it comes to towing, with the Raptor limited to around 8,200 pounds versus the Tremor's maximum of 10,900. Price is also a factor; the Raptor is costly at $65,840 while the Tremor slips in at $51,200 including destination. One is more capable for everyday use, but at the same time, it's hard to beat the Raptor's 4x4 capabilities and aesthetics. If the extra off-road grunt and the looks are worth another $14,640 to you, then the decision is gonna be pretty easy.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 AM

Did a Tremor B&P.
Add the high-line start, leather, tow pkg & Torsen. $70k

Image above looks to be a Mid trim, with the lower spec LED lighting.
Base gets halogen & High get the same LED as the above Raptor.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Ex-OEM King

How much is the Raptor if the Tremor is $70k???

The Rivian doesn't seem so bad after all lol.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:19 AM

The Tremor starts at $50k, and goes up to around $70k loaded
Raptor starts at $65k & jumps to $74k or $82k with the "37 Performance Package"
Old 09-14-2021, 10:03 AM
Ex-OEM King

I'd pay $4k-$8k more for the Raptor all day. You'd get that back and more just in lower depreciation.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:16 AM

Even a tarted up XLT 3.5EB 4wd is pushing $60k

My '16 2.7EB 2wd stickered for around $48k, and it was fairly loaded for a 2wd 2.7
Old 09-14-2021, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

I just saw a review of the F250 6.2L Turbo Diesel Tremor ... at $77k... i thought it was a decent price for what you get... 1400lbs of torque
Old 09-14-2021, 01:50 PM

I've seen a few of the SD Tremors around here, one with the plate GRABOID
Lot of truck, but not terribly more $$ than the F150 Tremor if $77k is a decently equipped model & not a stripper base Tremor.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:24 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
I've seen a few of the SD Tremors around here, one with the plate GRABOID
Lot of truck, but not terribly more $$ than the F150 Tremor if $77k is a decently equipped model & not a stripper base Tremor.
i think it was like top of the line...or close.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 09-14-2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:17 PM

Then $7k more for a SD Tremor (over a loaded F150 Tremor) seems not so bad, especially with the PSD upcharge.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:17 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Then $7k more for a SD Tremor (over a loaded F150 Tremor) seems not so bad, especially with the PSD upcharge.
This is the one..

Old 09-14-2021, 09:58 PM
Ex-OEM King

What truck?

In all seriousness, I hate her videos.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:45 PM
Team Owner

I watch her video to entertainment, not for knowledge... But in this case, i did learn something.. that F250 Tremor is nice...
Old 09-15-2021, 01:41 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Why they named it Tremor….? What’ll be next .?? Parkinson’s ???
Old 09-15-2021, 04:32 PM

My mom is on her 3rd SRW (non-duallie) PSD (diesel) F350 & still on her first EB F150, and just recently picked up a new Explorer Platinum.

I've driven all 3 F350s & a fair bit of miles in her 150 as well (plus my short time with my own F150). IIRC, the 350s were a 94, 07 & 14. Each obviously a lot nicer than the former. The 94 is still kicking around as a field truck. Last I heard, my brother had bought the 07 off of them & blew it up. Think they still have the 14 (which she hates since it's white/black and they live in the desert).

[/CSB]

Quick Reply: Ford: F-Series News