CUSTOM DOWNPIPE FOR 01'-03' CL & CL-Type S

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 04:27 AM
A CL-TYPE S 6 SPEED OWNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CUSTOM DOWNPIPE FOR 01'-03' CL & CL-Type S

Hello Everyone,
I am posting this thread because I have some great news and I would like to get some feedback from all of you! Well, as most of you know, all 01'-03' CL & CL-Type S have a design flaw in the downpipe. For those of you who don't know what the downpipe is, it is the pipe that bolts on to the headers and to the CAT. The way the stock downpipe was design and the way it sits in the car, causes our bomb ass ride to lose MAJOR HORSEPOWER! Comptech has recently designed a new downpipe that fixed the design flaw, but it is only available with the headers and costs $1000-$1300. I just recently purchased the Dual Greddy Catback Exhaust System for my 03' CL-Type S 6 Speed, and after I finished installing it, I took it to my hommie's shop to have the car lfted and tested for exhaust leaks. While the car was lifted, my friend took a look at the downpipe and told me the I was losing MAJOR HORSEPOWER from the downpipe because of the stupid design. He told me that he could CUSTOM DESIGN a new downpipe with 3' pipe that would definitely increase my HP by 20-25HP!! I asked my friend if I should also get the headers, and he told me that I really didn't need them because all the HP loss is due to downpipe. So I am here to announce to all of you that there is going to be a NEW CUSTOMIZED DOWNPIPE for 01'-03' CL & CL-Type S! My friend asked me to Market this new downpipe for his shop, Raceway Motorsports, and see how many of you would be interested in purcahsing this CUSTOMIZED DOWNPIPE. So what I would like to know from all of you is, would you guys be interested? He is going to sell it for $350-375, which in my opinion is one hell of a deal for a 20-25 HP gain!! So please let me know what you all think. Thank you for all your time.

Your CL-Type S hommie,
PimpinCLS03 aka Mario
My CL-Type S
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi
:flamer:

PS: I will post pics of my Greddy System soon plus pic's of the CUSTOMIZED DOWNPIPE. Again, I would like to know what you all think. You can either reply to this thread or PM me
Old 07-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Advanced

if you can dyno prove that 20-25 hp gane

everybody will buy it
Old 07-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Advanced

you should post it in second gen forum