Color combos

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color combos

For those who have a huge list of photos. can we post one good exterior and interior shot of each color so that everybody can see differences. I personally am interested in seeing the full car in anthrocite (not a little color square) and am also curious about camel as interior. Seems like it would be a usefell picture thread
Old 10-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Racer

Re: Color combos

Originally posted by moreace
For those who have a huge list of photos. can we post one good exterior and interior shot of each color so that everybody can see differences. I personally am interested in seeing the full car in anthrocite (not a little color square) and am also curious about camel as interior. Seems like it would be a usefell picture thread
Good idea. The color squares are about worthless. The pearl colors are so different in person. The black has a slight blue tint and the blue has a lot of pearl effect, to the point I am not sure if I will stick with that color. Now that I have seen the Antracite and Green (really a grey green), they are my favorites. Have seen no pics of camel interior, but would like to. It looks like it could be good with the dark exteriors. There were some shots of the antracite either on Acura-tl.com or TOV. I am not sure how to post a photo.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Instructor

All new owners on this forum should be required to post pics of their new babies, especially of the less common color combos.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Intermediate

anthracite/camel

I've ordered anthracite/camel. The black TSX with Parchment looked gorgeous. But TSX's Parchment on the color chip was in between TL's parchment and camel. TL's camel on the old model has a grey, muddy tone that only enhanced the white exterior. on other TL (past model) exteriors it felt drab to me. So I'm hoping the camel has a richer, warmer feel, which the TSX gave me. There was an old model TL with anthracite at the dealer. It looked different depending on the view. Sometimes it just looked grey blah from one angle, and I started rethinking my choice, then I looked out at it from the showroom, and it looked like a rich gunmetal tone like some cars on the highway that catch my eye. Since I really wanted camel, and didn't want the black that will inevitabley look dirty in our MA weather, and they didn't have blue or green there to see, I've gone with anthracite. I'd love to hear other opinions and see example pix as they become available. Mine is due Oct 14th. If still wanted by then, I will post.

anthracite/camel/navi/automatic
Old 10-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Instructor

Re: anthracite/camel

Originally posted by mcgilh
I've ordered anthracite/camel. The black TSX with Parchment looked gorgeous. But TSX's Parchment on the color chip was in between TL's parchment and camel. TL's camel on the old model has a grey, muddy tone that only enhanced the white exterior. on other TL (past model) exteriors it felt drab to me. So I'm hoping the camel has a richer, warmer feel, which the TSX gave me. There was an old model TL with anthracite at the dealer. It looked different depending on the view. Sometimes it just looked grey blah from one angle, and I started rethinking my choice, then I looked out at it from the showroom, and it looked like a rich gunmetal tone like some cars on the highway that catch my eye. Since I really wanted camel, and didn't want the black that will inevitabley look dirty in our MA weather, and they didn't have blue or green there to see, I've gone with anthracite. I'd love to hear other opinions and see example pix as they become available. Mine is due Oct 14th. If still wanted by then, I will post.

anthracite/camel/navi/automatic
The camel interior is very attractive. The Abyss Blue is a great color. I don't know how you think the anthracite or any dark color won't look dirty quicly.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Racer

Re: Re: anthracite/camel

Originally posted by stlgasman
The camel interior is very attractive. The Abyss Blue is a great color. I don't know how you think the anthracite or any dark color won't look dirty quicly.
Thanks for the input. I will be on a search today to find a car with a camel interior. I have to see it before I confirm my order and I make my deposit non- refundable. I have heard several say it is nice To me the best combos are liekly the AB w camel or quartz, DGP w camel, and AM with either camel or quartz. By the way, the green is very grey like the bmw grey green. It is very subtlely pearl, where the blue is very pearlesent (sp)
Old 10-04-2003, 08:14 AM
Intermediate

green color chip looked dark forest green

How misleading. now you're making me wish I got the green. I know anthracite will show dirt, but not as much as black. I've had silver TL for three years and it always looks clean and shiney. I just wanted a change. Silver is always sharp looking on these cars. So, nobody likes the anthracite?
Old 10-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Pro

That WAS supposed to be the point of teh thread. II have never seen it. SHow me an anthracite pic! I love silver, especially the clean look factor, but it is killing me that it is black between the doors
Old 10-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Intermediate

Hope you find camel and anthracite on your quest today. Can't wait to hear your observations. I'm trying to decide on a spoiler or not. Probably will go with clean line of car this time. The spoiler on current TL made it look sharp . but may not need it this time. Also, I have the scoop on the cell phones that go with this car, and the numbers to call about it. I've posted earlier. if you want, i'll repost here.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Racer

You should be able to find the antracite pic on the Acura site or more likely the TOV site. I found a dealer with both camel (green)and parchment (Black). I'm from the old school that likes subtle, soothing interiors. The camel is too strong for me, but has a certain punch that will appeal to many. It is a little darker, but slightly oranger and yellower than the parchment. IMHO, the Green /Parchement is the way to go. The antracite will be a killer in Quartz as well as the Blue /Quartz.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Pro

PICTURES

Larch, step this thread up
help out
Old 10-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Anthracite pic...

http://photos.yahoo.com/elbodude

click on 2004 TL folder, its the 1st one. The sky was kinda cloudy.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Instructor

There is nothing wrong with antracite, but the green is different. I am sure many will be polarized by it. They will love it or hate it. As I mentioned in another thread, the green is a green-grey. If it was on a jeep and flat instead of metallic, you would think it was a military vehicle.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by lakeman
You should be able to find the antracite pic on the Acura site or more likely the TOV site. I found a dealer with both camel (green)and parchment (Black). I'm from the old school that likes subtle, soothing interiors. The camel is too strong for me, but has a certain punch that will appeal to many. It is a little darker, but slightly oranger and yellower than the parchment. IMHO, the Green /Parchement is the way to go. The antracite will be a killer in Quartz as well as the Blue /Quartz.
Just goes to show you why they make different interiors (and why I'm glad there's a choice of more than two).

I sat in the green/parchment and didn't care for the parchment. Ebony just seemed a bit too black for me.

I definitely like the quartz, but I think there are a few colors where the camel would look good. I'm waiting to see one in person to know for sure.

If I didn't know the green was green, I'd have thought it was anthracite. It definitely seemed more gray than green to me. Only tip off was the parchment interior.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:46 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by stlgasman
There is nothing wrong with antracite, but the green is different. I am sure many will be polarized by it. They will love it or hate it. As I mentioned in another thread, the green is a green-grey. If it was on a jeep and flat instead of metallic, you would think it was a military vehicle.
Ya the old TL's had a green color, I believe Laguna Green, and it was more greyish than Green
Old 10-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Instructor

About the Camel...

I really feel the Camel is just a little too orange/yellow to handle for too long. It's not so obvious in the front, because there's wood and the dash to diminish the effect. But sit in the back and you're sitting in a sea of pale orange.

If you like it after sitting in the back, you'll be fine. If not, consider a different interior.

-ferg