Chevrolet: Trailblazer News

from DSR....

Trailblazer SS

Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trailblazer looks good.

Malibu =

How can they do that to a car with such a beautiful history?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TRAILBLAZER SS: SPORTS CAR PERFORMANCE WITH MIDSIZE SUV CAPABILITY
Sleek styling with unique fascias and monochromatic color scheme
LS2 6.0L V-8 rated at 391 hp (291 kw) and 395 lb-ft of torque (535 Nm)

Available all-wheel drive
Available this fall

NEW YORK – Chevrolet announced the 2006 TrailBlazer SS, the first SUV to wear the legendary SS badge and offering sports car performance combined with the functionality expected of a utility vehicle.
The TrailBlazer SS has unique exterior styling and specific interior appointments, including prominent 20-inch flangeless wheels. Power is delivered by the Corvette-derived LS2 6.0L V-8, enabling a 0-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds. A performance suspension with lowered ride height also is part of the package and was tuned by GM’s Performance Division at several racetracks, including Germany ’s legendary Nürburgring – a challenging road course that features more than 12.5 miles of turns and drastic elevation changes. The TrailBlazer SS is available in two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.

Chevrolet introduced the TrailBlazer SS at the 2005 New York Auto Show, along with production versions of the Malibu SS and Malibu Maxx SS. These three new vehicles join the SSR, Silverado SS and Cobalt SS Supercharged, as well as the ’06 Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS, in bringing Chevy’s lineup of exciting, attainable-performance vehicles to eight – the most SS models ever offered at one time.

“The TrailBlazer SS definitely emphasizes the sport in an SUV,” said Brent Dewar, General Motors North America vice president of marketing and advertising. “It represents the product diversity under the SS badge, bringing attainable performance to anyone who wants it.”

As the first truck developed by GM’s Performance Division, TrailBlazer SS’s performance look and feel is complemented by strong SUV functionality. The towing capacity is up to 6,700 pounds with the two-wheel drive model and up to 6,500 pounds with the available all-wheel drive model. Cargo volume is 41 cubic feet (1161 liters) behind the rear seat and 80 cubic feet (2265 liters) with the rear seat folded.

Additional specifics include:

Clean, aggressive monochromatic exterior styling, including blacked-out mesh grille, specific front and rear fascias and bright exhaust outlet
Interior with monochromatic ebony and elegant flat satin color scheme, performance-oriented gauges with prominent tachometer, front bucket seats with pronounced side bolsters, available leather seating, SS embroidery on the seat backs, T-shape shifter with aluminum insert, and chrome accents throughout
LS2 6.0L V-8 rated at 391 hp (291 kw) and 395 lb-ft of torque (535 Nm)
New Hydra-Matic 4L70-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission
Available all-wheel drive designed for on-road performance
Suspension tuned on the racetrack and including StabiliTrak electronic stability control
Standard 9.5-inch heavy duty axle with limited slip axle (400-pound pre-load)
Twenty-inch flangeless, six-spoke polished aluminum wheels and 255/50R20 V-rated performance tires
Four-wheel disc brakes with large, 12.8-inch (325 mm) front rotors and twin-piston calipers
Available accessory front brake cooling package for optimized track performance
Ride height reduced by approximately 1 inch (25 mm in front, 45 mm in rear)
Rear air-leveling suspension with onboard air compressor
These features create a vehicle that John Heinracy, director of GM High Performance Vehicle Operations, believes surpasses the original TrailBlazer SS concept first shown at the 2002 SEMA show.

“The production TrailBlazer SS improves on the concept by delivering driving satisfaction through strong acceleration, superior handling and enhanced braking capability, along with driver-focused enhancements,” he said.

Sport-tuned suspension

Cinched down on a 1-inch-lower suspension, the TrailBlazer SS’s suspension was tuned and tested on the racetrack to deliver responsive, balanced handling. The lower ride height reduces the vehicle’s center of gravity, improving overall handling. This was accomplished with new springs at all four corners. The springs are up to 25 percent stiffer, which complements the lowered ride height with a firmer feel and reduced body roll. Corner control and body roll control also are improved with front stabilizer bars that are approximately 10 percent larger in diameter than other TrailBlazer models. StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard.

The four-wheel disc braking system of the TrailBlazer SS is enhanced with larger, 12.8-inch front disc brake rotors and new, iron twin-piston calipers. The heavy-duty iron calipers are stiff and retain their shape under high pressure/high heat braking conditions, providing a more linear feel and reduced pedal travel in high-energy stops. The brake pads use the same high-performance linings as the Corvette for strong fade resistance. ABS is standard. There also is an accessory front brake cooling package available for optimized track performance.

The braking system also is bolstered by a larger master cylinder, which provides more stopping power and gives the driver a higher, firmer pedal feel – a feeling also enhanced by a new 3.6 brake pedal ratio. It also has a high-flow master cylinder, moving fluid more efficiently to optimize performance of the StabiliTrak electronic stability control. With TrailBlazer SS’s new brakes, tires and revised ABS algorithm, 62 mph to 0 (100 kph to 0) stopping distance is approximately 135 feet.

LS2 powertrain

Under the hood of the TrailBlazer SS is the LS2 6.0L V-8, similar to versions used in the Corvette and SSR. It is based on the Gen IV small-block V-8 architecture and delivers satisfying down-low torque for strong off-the-line performance. Torque is inherent to the engine’s cam-in-block design, large 4.00-inch-diameter (101.6 mm) bores and 3.62-inch (92 mm) stroke. Response of the 391-horse LS2 is crisp and immediate, thanks to the electronically controlled throttle.

Unique to the TrailBlazer SS’s version of the engine is a composite intake manifold used in other mid-size trucks and was adapted to the LS2 to help produce balanced torque and horsepower within packaging parameters. The engine also has the TrailBlazer’s trademark pass-through oil pan. The pan’s cast-in passage allows the front differential’s half-shaft to run through the pan instead of under it. This helps keep the engine mounted lower in the chassis for better balance and a lower center of gravity. There also is a stylish SS-specific engine cover, radiator support cover and coordinated air induction box.

Backing the 6.0L V-8 is a new Hydra-Matic 4L70-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission. It debuts in the TrailBlazer SS and was developed to handle the high horsepower and high torque loads of performance-oriented light-duty vehicles. Special high-strength and heat-treated materials are used throughout the 4L70-E to ensure it delivers smooth, dependable shifting.

A performance-oriented all-wheel drive system is available, giving the TrailBlazer SS impressive on-road grip and enhanced “launch” feel. The always-engaged system uses a Torsen center differential to split torque between the front and rear wheels. It is a torque-bias system that detects low traction at one axle and directs more torque to the other when needed – it is capable of changing the normal 67-percent rear-axle torque bias up to 45/55 (front/rear) or 25/75 (front/rear), depending on the road conditions.

SS style and comfort

As with all Chevy models wearing the SS badge, the promise of the TrailBlazer SS’s performance specifications is reinforced by authentic design cues. For this midsize SUV, that means a tight, sleek look and a monochromatic color scheme.

Already sitting an inch closer to the pavement, the TrailBlazer SS achieves a track-ready stance with sporty front and rear fascias, a racing-style black mesh grille and large, bright exhaust outlet exiting beneath the rear bumper. The TrailBlazer SS also has been stripped of body side moldings, the roof rack and other cladding that adds visual weight to the vehicle.

The rear pillars are blacked-out, blending with the tinted glass for a more integrated, wraparound style. The mirrors, door handles and grille cross bar are all painted body color, too. Four exterior colors are available: black, white, silver and blue.

Inside, a driver-oriented “cockpit” features a SS-signature instrument cluster, including a prominent tachometer. The silver-face tachometer has black numerals, a signature SS item. Other SS-specific cues include embroidered seat backs and the leather-wrapped steering wheel.

Performance-style front bucket seats are standard and feature firm “wing” bolsters to help keep the driver and front passenger planted during spirited driving. Cloth seating is standard and leather-appointed seating is available. And because SS means style as much as performance, the TrailBlazer SS’s refinements include a French seam stitching on the console armrests, aluminum sill plates and numerous chrome accents. A new T-shape shifter with a brushed aluminum accent also distinguishes the vehicle’s cabin.

The 2006 TrailBlazer SS is scheduled to go into production this fall at GM’s Moraine, Ohio assembly plant.
Source: carspyshots.net forum
Old 03-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

This one is cool. The malibu SS is a disgrace
Old 03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I would never buy one but at least it is semi-cool looking.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

As I wrote here

...you can tell here how "behind" GM is as compared to...Ford (imagine how behind they are to other manufacturers in terms of "way of thinking"). GM brought out the Trailblazer SS and obviously they tried to match the engine output to the Sportrac by claiming +1 HP (right there that's cheesy move). But Ford comes out with a 6 speed auto when GM is still back in the stoneages with a 4 speed auto (and that goes for the C6 also since I am sure it's the same tranny) and Ford clearly has won the outside look contest.

GM continues to keep making basic mistakes. Look at the Germans. When a special vehicle comes out, ALL NEW TECH IS APPLIED TO THAT VEHICLE AT ITS INTRODUCTION POINT! Why cant the geniouses at GM get that? If the 6 speed tranny is NOT ready when the Trailblazer is ready, you DONT release the Trailblazer! Why? Because no matter if an "8 speed nuclear" tranny is ready during, say, the second year of a special vehicle's inception, it DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME IMPACT TO THE MARKET'S PERCEPTION ABOUT THAT VEHICLE. The market MAKES ITS MIND ABOUT A VEHICLE (ESPECIALLY A SPECIAL VEHICLE) AT ITS INTRODUCTION!

The M5 comes out...all tech for it comes out at THAT POINT! The M3 comes out, same thing. YOU REFINE TECH ALONG THE VEHICLE'S LIFE, NOT INTRODUCE NEW TECH (with a few exceptions).

Why the fuck do I see basic shit like this and the GM boneheads do not?!?

I write all this in deeeeeep sadness and disappointment about GM and the American automotive industry.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:53 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
another shit box.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 1killercls
another shit box.
This is not a shit box. I'll agree with you on the Malibu, but the Trailblazer is a decent built truck and you can't go wrong with the LS2. It would not be something I would consider buying, but its far from shit
Old 03-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cusdaddy
This is not a shit box. I'll agree with you on the Malibu, but the Trailblazer is a decent built truck and you can't go wrong with the LS2. It would not be something I would consider buying, but its far from shit
The trailblazer is a POS. My freind has one and it has been in for everything under the sun. It has had a new engine, two new transmissions electrical system failures, stopping for no reason. And, this is a 33 year old mom with two kids. So, it isn't the driver (besides being a woman :P). I have heard similar problems (not to that extent probably) from a lot of people.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:00 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Hey we disagree on everything else...lets just disagree here too.

To me it is a Shit Box.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gavriil
As I wrote here

...you can tell here how "behind" GM is as compared to...Ford (imagine how behind they are to other manufacturers in terms of "way of thinking"). GM brought out the Trailblazer SS and obviously they tried to match the engine output to the Sportrac by claiming +1 HP (right there that's cheesy move). But Ford comes out with a 6 speed auto when GM is still back in the stoneages with a 4 speed auto (and that goes for the C6 also since I am sure it's the same tranny) and Ford clearly has won the outside look contest.

GM continues to keep making basic mistakes. Look at the Germans. When a special vehicle comes out, ALL NEW TECH IS APPLIED TO THAT VEHICLE AT ITS INTRODUCTION POINT! Why cant the geniouses at GM get that? If the 6 speed tranny is NOT ready when the Trailblazer is ready, you DONT release the Trailblazer! Why? Because no matter if an "8 speed nuclear" tranny is ready during, say, the second year of a special vehicle's inception, it DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME IMPACT TO THE MARKET'S PERCEPTION ABOUT THAT VEHICLE. The market MAKES ITS MIND ABOUT A VEHICLE (ESPECIALLY A SPECIAL VEHICLE) AT ITS INTRODUCTION!

The M5 comes out...all tech for it comes out at THAT POINT! The M3 comes out, same thing. YOU REFINE TECH ALONG THE VEHICLE'S LIFE, NOT INTRODUCE NEW TECH (with a few exceptions).

Why the fuck do I see basic shit like this and the GM boneheads do not?!?

I write all this in deeeeeep sadness and disappointment about GM and the American automotive industry.
And as I also wrote, we share your pain. The fact that GM continues to bungle simple things amaze me. The use of outdated 4SP autos... the use of the 3800 in supposed Lexus fighters... it's a joke. I've all but given up on them. And it hurts to say that.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by 1killercls
another shit box.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Loseit
The trailblazer is a POS. My freind has one and it has been in for everything under the sun. It has had a new engine, two new transmissions electrical system failures, stopping for no reason. And, this is a 33 year old mom with two kids. So, it isn't the driver (besides being a woman :P). I have heard similar problems (not to that extent probably) from a lot of people.
I agree. Nothing but problems.
Dropping in the LS2 won’t solve them all.
My sister has one and it’s getting recalled all the time.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Kabachitare!

Originally Posted by cob3683

I would never buy one but at least it is semi-cool looking.

Ditto!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:21 AM
goldmemberererer

Funny how the LS2 can breathe just fine through that one tiny exhaust pipe... makes the C6's quad exhaust look a tad bit excessive.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I have to disagree with you there. I rented one last fall and it scared me shitless it was such a shitty SUV. I couldn't wait to get out of it. The steering was vague, the doors were tinny, and the damn thing floated around like a Buick Roadmaster. If I had kids, there is no way I'd ever get a Trailblazer.

On the other hand, while I haven't driven the Explorer, the '04 F-150 I rented was amazing. Very solid truck and drove almost like a car. A much better product from Ford than GM could deliver it seems.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 PM
goldmemberererer

Ford - 500 > GM
Old 03-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Source: Autoweek

INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY GENERAL MOTORS
TRAILBLAZER SS: SPORTS CAR PERFORMANCE WITH MIDSIZE SUV CAPABILITY
· Sleek styling with unique fascias and monochromatic color scheme
· LS2 6.0L V-8 rated at 391 hp (291 kw) and 395 lb-ft of torque (535 Nm)
· Available all-wheel drive
· Available this fall

NEW YORK – Chevrolet announced the 2006 TrailBlazer SS, the first SUV to wear the legendary SS badge and offering sports car performance combined with the functionality expected of a utility vehicle.

The TrailBlazer SS has unique exterior styling and specific interior appointments, including prominent 20-inch flangeless wheels. Power is delivered by the Corvette-derived LS2 6.0L V-8, enabling a 0-60 mph time of 5.7 seconds. A performance suspension with lowered ride height also is part of the package and was tuned by GM’s Performance Division at several racetracks, including Germany ’s legendary Nürburgring – a challenging road course that features more than 12.5 miles of turns and drastic elevation changes. The TrailBlazer SS is available in two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.

Chevrolet introduced the TrailBlazer SS at the 2005 New York Auto Show, along with production versions of the Malibu SS and Malibu Maxx SS. These three new vehicles join the SSR, Silverado SS and Cobalt SS Supercharged, as well as the ’06 Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS, in bringing Chevy’s lineup of exciting, attainable-performance vehicles to eight – the most SS models ever offered at one time.

“The TrailBlazer SS definitely emphasizes the sport in an SUV,” said Brent Dewar, General Motors North America vice president of marketing and advertising. “It represents the product diversity under the SS badge, bringing attainable performance to anyone who wants it.”

As the first truck developed by GM’s Performance Division, TrailBlazer SS’s performance look and feel is complemented by strong SUV functionality. The towing capacity is up to 6,700 pounds with the two-wheel drive model and up to 6,500 pounds with the available all-wheel drive model. Cargo volume is 41 cubic feet (1161 liters) behind the rear seat and 80 cubic feet (2265 liters) with the rear seat folded.

Additional specifics include:

· Clean, aggressive monochromatic exterior styling, including blacked-out mesh grille, specific front and rear fascias and bright exhaust outlet
· Interior with monochromatic ebony and elegant flat satin color scheme, performance-oriented gauges with prominent tachometer, front bucket seats with pronounced side bolsters, available leather seating, SS embroidery on the seat backs, T-shape shifter with aluminum insert, and chrome accents throughout
· LS2 6.0L V-8 rated at 391 hp (291 kw) and 395 lb-ft of torque (535 Nm)
· New Hydra-Matic 4L70-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission
· Available all-wheel drive designed for on-road performance
· Suspension tuned on the racetrack and including StabiliTrak electronic stability control
· Standard 9.5-inch heavy duty axle with limited slip axle (400-pound pre-load)
· Twenty-inch flangeless, six-spoke polished aluminum wheels and 255/50R20 V-rated performance tires
· Four-wheel disc brakes with large, 12.8-inch (325 mm) front rotors and twin-piston calipers
· Available accessory front brake cooling package for optimized track performance
· Ride height reduced by approximately 1 inch (25 mm in front, 45 mm in rear)
· Rear air-leveling suspension with onboard air compressor

These features create a vehicle that John Heinracy, director of GM High Performance Vehicle Operations, believes surpasses the original TrailBlazer SS concept first shown at the 2002 SEMA show.

“The production TrailBlazer SS improves on the concept by delivering driving satisfaction through strong acceleration, superior handling and enhanced braking capability, along with driver-focused enhancements,” he said.

Sport-tuned suspension

Cinched down on a 1-inch-lower suspension, the TrailBlazer SS’s suspension was tuned and tested on the racetrack to deliver responsive, balanced handling. The lower ride height reduces the vehicle’s center of gravity, improving overall handling. This was accomplished with new springs at all four corners. The springs are up to 25 percent stiffer, which complements the lowered ride height with a firmer feel and reduced body roll. Corner control and body roll control also are improved with front stabilizer bars that are approximately 10 percent larger in diameter than other TrailBlazer models. StabiliTrak electronic stability control is standard.

The four-wheel disc braking system of the TrailBlazer SS is enhanced with larger, 12.8-inch front disc brake rotors and new, iron twin-piston calipers. The heavy-duty iron calipers are stiff and retain their shape under high pressure/high heat braking conditions, providing a more linear feel and reduced pedal travel in high-energy stops. The brake pads use the same high-performance linings as the Corvette for strong fade resistance. ABS is standard. There also is an accessory front brake cooling package available for optimized track performance.

The braking system also is bolstered by a larger master cylinder, which provides more stopping power and gives the driver a higher, firmer pedal feel – a feeling also enhanced by a new 3.6 brake pedal ratio. It also has a high-flow master cylinder, moving fluid more efficiently to optimize performance of the StabiliTrak electronic stability control. With TrailBlazer SS’s new brakes, tires and revised ABS algorithm, 62 mph to 0 (100 kph to 0) stopping distance is approximately 135 feet.

LS2 powertrain

Under the hood of the TrailBlazer SS is the LS2 6.0L V-8, similar to versions used in the Corvette and SSR. It is based on the Gen IV small-block V-8 architecture and delivers satisfying down-low torque for strong off-the-line performance. Torque is inherent to the engine’s cam-in-block design, large 4.00-inch-diameter (101.6 mm) bores and 3.62-inch (92 mm) stroke. Response of the 391-horse LS2 is crisp and immediate, thanks to the electronically controlled throttle.

Unique to the TrailBlazer SS’s version of the engine is a composite intake manifold used in other mid-size trucks and was adapted to the LS2 to help produce balanced torque and horsepower within packaging parameters. The engine also has the TrailBlazer’s trademark pass-through oil pan. The pan’s cast-in passage allows the front differential’s half-shaft to run through the pan instead of under it. This helps keep the engine mounted lower in the chassis for better balance and a lower center of gravity. There also is a stylish SS-specific engine cover, radiator support cover and coordinated air induction box.

Backing the 6.0L V-8 is a new Hydra-Matic 4L70-E electronically controlled four-speed automatic transmission. It debuts in the TrailBlazer SS and was developed to handle the high horsepower and high torque loads of performance-oriented light-duty vehicles. Special high-strength and heat-treated materials are used throughout the 4L70-E to ensure it delivers smooth, dependable shifting.

A performance-oriented all-wheel drive system is available, giving the TrailBlazer SS impressive on-road grip and enhanced “launch” feel. The always-engaged system uses a Torsen center differential to split torque between the front and rear wheels. It is a torque-bias system that detects low traction at one axle and directs more torque to the other when needed – it is capable of changing the normal 67-percent rear-axle torque bias up to 45/55 (front/rear) or 25/75 (front/rear), depending on the road conditions.

SS style and comfort

As with all Chevy models wearing the SS badge, the promise of the TrailBlazer SS’s performance specifications is reinforced by authentic design cues. For this midsize SUV, that means a tight, sleek look and a monochromatic color scheme.

Already sitting an inch closer to the pavement, the TrailBlazer SS achieves a track-ready stance with sporty front and rear fascias, a racing-style black mesh grille and large, bright exhaust outlet exiting beneath the rear bumper. The TrailBlazer SS also has been stripped of body side moldings, the roof rack and other cladding that adds visual weight to the vehicle.

The rear pillars are blacked-out, blending with the tinted glass for a more integrated, wraparound style. The mirrors, door handles and grille cross bar are all painted body color, too. Four exterior colors are available: black, white, silver and blue.

Inside, a driver-oriented “cockpit” features a SS-signature instrument cluster, including a prominent tachometer. The silver-face tachometer has black numerals, a signature SS item. Other SS-specific cues include embroidered seat backs and the leather-wrapped steering wheel.

Performance-style front bucket seats are standard and feature firm “wing” bolsters to help keep the driver and front passenger planted during spirited driving. Cloth seating is standard and leather-appointed seating is available. And because SS means style as much as performance, the TrailBlazer SS’s refinements include a French seam stitching on the console armrests, aluminum sill plates and numerous chrome accents. A new T-shape shifter with a brushed aluminum accent also distinguishes the vehicle’s cabin.

The 2006 TrailBlazer SS is scheduled to go into production this fall at GM’s Moraine, Ohio assembly plant.

2006 TRAILBLAZER SS PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
Overview
Models: Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS
Body style / driveline: 4-door, 5- passenger, front-engine, 2- and all-wheel drive midsize sport utilities
Construction: body on frame
EPA vehicle class: midsize sport utility
Manufacturing location: Moraine, Ohio ,
Engine
Type: 6.0L OHV V-8
Displacement (cu in / cc): 366 / 6000
Bore & stroke (in / mm): 4.00 x 3.62 / 101.6 x 92
Block material: cast aluminum
Cylinder head material: cast aluminum
Valvetrain: OHV, 2 valves per cylinder, camshaft in block, hydraulic roller lifters
Ignition system: electronic direct
Fuel delivery: sequential fuel injection
Compression ratio: 10.9:1
Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm): 391 / 291 @ 5400
Torque (lb.-ft ./ Nm @ rpm): 395 / 535 @ 4400
Recommended fuel: premium fuel recommended, not required
Maximum engine speed (rpm): 6500
Exhaust system: stainless steel with single muffler and chrome outlet
Emission controls: evaporative system, catalytic converter, exhaust gas recirculation, positive crankcase ventilation
Estimated fuel economy
(mpg city / hwy / combined): TBD
Transmission
Hydra-Matic 4L70-E
Type: 4-speed automatic transmission, rear-wheel-drive, electronically controlled automatic overdrive with torque converter clutch
Gear ratios (:1):
First: 3.06
Second: 1.62
Third: 1.00
Fourth: 0.69
Reverse: 2.29
Final drive ratio: 4.10:1
Chassis/Suspension
Front: independent, double A-arm, 46-mm shocks, 36-mm stabilizer
Rear: 5-link solid 9.5-in heavy-duty (400-lb pre-load) limited-slip axle, 36-mm shocks, 24-mm stabilizer bar
Steering type: rack-and-pinion (hydraulically assisted)
Steering ratio: 16:1, low friction
Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock 3
Turning circle, curb-to-curb (ft / m): 11.1 / 36.4
Brakes
Type: 4-wheel vented disc with front cast iron dual piston calipers, standard 4-wheel ABS; drum-in-hat parking brake
Rotor diameter x thickness (in / mm): front: 12.8 x 1.14 / 325 x 29; rear: 12.8 x 0.78 / 325 x 20
Total swept area (sq in / sq cm): front: 162 / 1043 rear: 217 / 1397
Wheels/Tires
Wheel size & type: 20-inch polished cast aluminum
Tires: 255/50 R20 V-rated
Dimensions
Exterior
Wheelbase (in / mm): 113 / 2870
Overall length (in / mm): 191.8 / 4872
Overall width (in / mm): 74.6 / 1895
Overall height, w/o roof rails (in / mm): 67.83 / 1723
Track (in / mm): front: 63.1 / 1603; rear: 62.1 / 576
Minimum ground clearance (in / mm): 7.82 / 198.5
Ground to top of load floor (in / mm): 30.05 / 763
Step-in height, 2WD (in / mm): 17.6 / 446
Curb weight (lb / kg): 4552 / 2064
Weight distribution (% front / rear): 53 / 47
Interior
Seating capacity: 1st row: 2 2nd row: 3 (total 5)
Headroom (in / mm): 1st row: 40.2 / 1021 2nd row: 39.6 / 1006
Legroom (in / mm): 1st row: 46.9 / 1191 2nd row: 37 / 940
Shoulder room (in / mm): 1st row: 58.5 / 1486 2nd row: 58.5 / 1486
Hip room (in / mm): 1st row: 56 / 1422 2nd row: 58.2 / 1478
Cargo length floor (in / mm): 70 / 1778
Cargo volume (cu ft / L): 2nd row seat up: 41 / 1162 behind 1st row seat: 80.1 / 2268
Capacities
GVWR, standard (lb / kg): 2WD: 6001 / 2722 4WD: 6001 / 2722
Payload, base (lb / kg): 2WD: 1449 / 514 4WD: 1273 / 577
Trailer towing maximum (lb / kg): 2WD: 6700 / 3039 4WD: 6500 / 2948
Maximum tongue weight (lb / kg): 400 / 181 (without sway control)
Fuel tank (gal / L): 22 / 83.3
Engine oil (qt / L): 5.5 / 5.2
Cooling system (qt / L) 15.3 / 14.5

Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Chevrolet: TrailBlazer 2013

Looks pretty good...,

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2013-...trailblazer-1/

Old 11-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
wheres the SS model?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I don't think there's room for this and the Traverse so I'm guessing this is the new Traverse or the Traverse gets renamed to the Trailblazer.

Nice looking SUV.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
...because Chevy needed another SUV CUV?!?!?!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
wow that looks badass. The Traverse is they took a GMC Acadia and made it as ugly as possible, and slapped a Chevy badge oni t.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,652 Likes on 13,891 Posts
Merged.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Merged.
Thanks, once again the great little search engine sucks...
Old 01-16-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 5,294 Likes on 3,628 Posts
Chevrolet TrailBlazer Name to Return on New Small Crossover, Report Indicates | GM Authority

A new report from Motor Trend alleges General Motors will revive the Chevrolet TrailBlazer name on a new crossover that will fill the narrow gap between the Chevrolet Trax and the Chevrolet Equinox.

The article claims that even though the Trax and TrailBlazer would be very similar to each other in size, the TrailBlazer would be a more premium model than the entry-level Trax and would thus attract a different kind of buyer.

Motor Trend asked Chevrolet marketing director Steve Majoros to comment on the TrailBlazer rumors, who allegedly smiled and said he couldn’t talk about future product, but added that fans should expect some Chevy news in the “2019 calendar year forthcoming.”

A teaser image recently surfaced online showing a mysterious new Chevrolet crossover model. The image, which was first shown at General Motors’ Capital Markets Day last Friday, is believed to be the for the next-generation 2020 Chevrolet Trax. Motor Trend believes the crossover could be actually be the rumored TrailBlazer, however. It’s hard to say, with the teaser image making it difficult to tell if the vehicle shown is much larger than the current Trax. It does look quite a bit like the Blazer, though, which would make sense for a vehicle called the TrailBlazer.

This could also be the model that was spied testing at GM’s Milford proving grounds (below) which was previously believed to be the Trax. With the two apparently being similar in size, it would be hard to distinguish between them without knowledge GM’s future product plans.

The arrival of a crossover that will slot in between the Trax and Equinox seems inevitable, though. Majoros told Motor Trend that “in this day and age, you can’t have too many,” crossovers, so the automaker is absolutely looking at adding another to its already concentrated CUV portfolio. Whether or not it adopts the TrailBlazer name or not remains to be seen.

Where such a vehicle would be built is another mystery. GM could employ one of its US plants to build the so-called’ TrailBlazer’, or build it in profit-friendly Mexico. Korea is another option, which builds the current Chevrolet Trax at its plant in Incheon just outside of Seoul.

GM Authority will have all the details on the new Chevrolet Trax and TrailBlazer is they become available.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:42 AM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ghai-auto-show

Chevrolet's Trailblazer is about to make a comeback, but it won't be like the one you may recall.

Instead, the modern Trailblazer is a compact crossover SUV that will likely serve as the replacement for the unloved Trax.

It was unveiled on Tuesday at Auto Shanghai 2019 and is expected in showrooms later this year as a 2020 model.

The vehicle features a design cribbed from the larger Blazer, including the same split LED headlight motif that connects up with the central trim on the dual-intake grille. The model shown is the sporty Redline, so it also features 17-inch wheels.

Though yet to be confirmed, the platform is thought to be General Motors' next-generation modular design for unibody crossovers, known as VSS-S. The VSS-S is one of four modular platforms or “vehicle strategy sets” GM plans to use by 2025. The others include VSS-F for front-wheel-drive cars, VSS-R for rear-wheel-drive cars, and VSS-T for body-on-frame vehicles.

More details should be released closer to the new Trailblazer's U.S. launch later this year.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:31 AM

Not bad, but could be mistaken for a Rogue from the A-pillar back.

I also hate those 'Redline' wheels, the stripes just don't look good to me.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2021-trailblazer/

The Chevy Trailblazer joins the Chevrolet portfolio in early 2020, and with this new entry Chevrolet offers customers one of the broadest lineups of crossovers and SUVs. Positioned between the Trax and Equinox, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer will join the fast-growing small SUV segment.

"The Trailblazer's great design enables more personalization," said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. "Trailblazer is a continuation of the design language for Chevy's crossover family and extends our momentum into one of the industry's fastest-growing segments."

The Chevrolet Trailblazer will include an RS trim with standard two-tone roof that allows drivers to purchase a vehicle that reflects their lifestyle.

The Chevrolet Trailblazer's unique individuality is paired with standard active safety features including Front Pedestrian Braking, Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning. It also offers optional Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera, Rear Park Assist and a High Definition Rear Vision Camera that provides additional assistance to customers while parking.

"These features deliver added confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel, helping drivers monitor the vehicle's surroundings and the driving environment with an available combination of camera, short-range radars and ultrasonic sensors," said Majoros.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM

Chevrolet Rav4
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
Chevrolet Kona
Old 11-21-2019, 01:59 PM

2021 Trailblazer

When it arrives in showrooms in Spring 2020, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer will provide a uniquely youthful, yet functional alternative to the fast-growing small SUV segment.

Like Chevrolet's latest line of SUVs, the Trailblazer features a bold front fascia and sports car-inspired rear design. The ACTIV trim package amplifies this sporty style with a two-tone roof, unique front and rear fascia and dual exhaust, along with sport terrain tires and suspension tuning enhancements.

"Slotting between the Trax and Equinox, the addition of the Trailblazer provides us with a great opportunity to expand the Chevy SUV family to new audiences," said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. "With the new ACTIV trim, plus the sporty RS trim, we can appeal to customers' varying active lifestyles."
Old 11-21-2019, 02:00 PM

The Blazer started as a full-size SUV, IE mini/2-door Suburban.
Shrank into the S10 Blazer
Grew into the larger Trailblazer
Came back as a sort of mini-Traverse
Now the Trailblazer is smaller than the Blazer
Old 11-22-2019, 12:35 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
FJ Cruiser wants its roof back.

Ugly.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:04 AM

When it arrives in showrooms in Spring 2020, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer will provide a uniquely youthful, yet functional alternative to the fast-growing small SUV segment.

Like Chevrolet's latest line of SUVs, the Trailblazer features a bold front fascia and sports car-inspired rear design. The ACTIV trim package amplifies this sporty style with a two-tone roof, unique front and rear fascia and dual exhaust, along with sport terrain tires and suspension tuning enhancements.

"Slotting between the Trax and Equinox, the addition of the Trailblazer provides us with a great opportunity to expand the Chevy SUV family to new audiences," said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. "With the new ACTIV trim, plus the sporty RS trim, we can appeal to customers' varying active lifestyles."

Design Stands Out from Competition

The all-new Chevrolet Trailblazer has a character of its own, bringing a bold and expressive look to the segment, and a new level of personalization.

"The Trailblazer doesn't simply let customers express their personal style. It encourages it with uniquely styled trims that allow buyers to select a vehicle that reflects their lifestyle," said Stuart Norris, design director of global Chevrolet compact SUVs. "Its design is bold, confident and full of personality."

The Trailblazer's exterior styling, which follows in the theme set by the Chevy Blazer, features Chevy's signature dual-port grille, which gives its face a multilayered, dimensional appearance. The accent bar is integrated with the headlamps, helping to visually widen its stance, while a simulated front skidplate adds a sense of strength.

ACTIV trim Trailblazers feature a new interpretation of the signature dual-port grille, with a larger opening for a more rugged look. The RS trim features a performance-inspired mesh grille with black Chevy bowtie and unique front splitter elements to define its sporty demeanor.

The side profile includes taut bodyside lines, a sleek roofline and a bold hood shape to accentuate the Trailblazer's youthful character. RS and ACTIV trim models boost the visual appeal with standard two-tone roofs. Large, wraparound taillamps seamlessly span the liftgate and bodyside, which adds to the visual width of the Trailblazer, providing a more planted look.

Inside, the Trailblazer features a driver-focused, dual-cockpit interior design with an integrated center stack. High-quality finishes and stitching are customized to allow for different appearances at each trim level. The center console provides several storage options with up to 3.5 liters of open storage and 4.4 liters of storage under the armrest, as well as dual cupholders.

Suite of Standard Safety and Driver Assistance Features

All Trailblazer trims come with a comprehensive list of standard active safety and driver assistance features, including:
  • Forward Collision Alert
  • Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Front Pedestrian Braking
  • IntelliBeam Headlamps (Auto High Beam Assist)
  • Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
  • Rear Vision Camera
  • Teen Driver
  • Rear Seat Reminder
  • OnStar
Additional optional active safety and driver assistance features include:
  • Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
  • Rear Park Assist
  • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • HD Rear Vision Camera
ACTIV Tuned for Off-Road Use

Trailblazer ACTIV is equipped with unique tires and shock tuning. The ACTIV dampers are tuned to enhance vehicle performance and ride comfort when traveling on gravel roads. The Hankook Sport Terrain 17-inch tires feature an aggressive shoulder design and an all-season tread pattern.

The front fascia on Trailblazer ACTIV has been revised with the lower section designed for improved ground clearance. Additional exterior differentiation includes two-tone roof, standard roof rails and trapezoid-shaped exhaust tips.

Connectivity and Functionality

The Trailblazer will feature Chevy's latest infotainment system, providing the ability to use two Bluetooth-paired phones concurrently, which enables passengers in the vehicle to use their cellphones hands-free or the driver to use multiple phones hands-free.

The audio system has available wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and available SiriusXM with 360L, featuring exclusive content, including commercial-free music, interviews, shows and performances. The system even learns customer preferences and shares recommendations based on listening habits. SiriusXM with 360L delivers both a satellite and streaming listening experience with more SiriusXM channels than ever before in the vehicle, plus the ability to make on-demand programming choices.

The Trailblazer features 40/60 split folding second row seats, which enables the vehicle to accommodate objects up to 8.5 feet long. Overall storage capacity is rated up to 54.4cubic feet with the second row folded. For additional convenience, an available hands-free liftgate, with logo projection improves ease of loading and unloading cargo.

Power and AWD Confidence

Powered by either a 1.2L turbo or 1.3L turbo engine, the Trailblazer will deliver up to 155 horsepower. Both engines are mated with a standard Continuously Variable Transmission with selectable stop/start capability. A nine-speed automatic transmission is also available on Trailblazers equipped with the 1.3L engine and all-wheel drive.

The Trailblazer is available with Chevy's selectable AWD, also found in the Blazer and Traverse. Selectable AWD allows drivers to decide whether to activate their AWD system in off-road or inclement weather situations, or to deactivate when AWD performance is not required, to achieve improved fuel economy.

Drive modes on front-wheel drive models include:
  • Normal: Tailored for daily commuting and focused on ride comfort
  • Snow: Provides more progressive throttle input for improved vehicle acceleration on snow- and ice-covered roads
  • Sport: Modifies steering effort and shifting for a sportier feel and response
AWD models add unique calibrations for more rear-wheel torque at lower speeds to improve the driving experience on moderately steep and unpaved surfaces.

The Trailblazer is expected to arrive in U.S. showrooms in spring 2020.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:05 AM

And Ford laughs all the way to the bank. Odds are the Bronco/Bronco Sport way outsell this & the 'Blazer'.
The following users liked this post:
Comfy (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 10:25 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
And Ford laughs all the way to the bank. Odds are the Bronco/Bronco Sport way outsell this & the 'Blazer'.
Totally agree. Compared to the Bronco, the Trailblazer looks like a re-skinned Kia crossover. GM dropped the ball here - no excuse.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:37 AM

https://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2024-trailblazer/

Chevrolet revealed the stylish, tech-forward 2024 Trailblazer with several new features:
  • New front fascia, exterior lighting and grille designs for the different trims
  • 11-inch-diagonal center display and 8-inch-diagonal Driver Information Center
  • New wheel designs for all trims - including larger 19-inch wheels for RS
  • New exterior colors: Copper Harbor Metallic and Cacti Green

Old 02-09-2023, 09:37 AM

2nd last photo: AWD on the fly? And race mode?
Old 02-09-2023, 10:34 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,832 Likes on 3,853 Posts
This does not look like it would blaze any trails lol.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet: Trailblazer News