CAI filter

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI filter

If the car has a cai, where is the filter, how do u see if it is dirty and how would you change it? I it a tube that brings air up to a flat filter up top, ot is it a true cai w/ a cone filter near the bumper
Old 10-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro

Re: CAI filter

Originally posted by moreace
If the car has a cai, where is the filter, how do u see if it is dirty and how would you change it? I it a tube that brings air up to a flat filter up top, ot is it a true cai w/ a cone filter near the bumper
It is a tube that brings cold air in from the drivers side lower air intake. No cone filter.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:38 PM
Racer

Re: Re: CAI filter

Originally posted by need4spd
It is a tube that brings cold air in from the drivers side lower air intake. No cone filter.
Nope, it draws its air from next to the top of the radiator on the drivers side.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

Originally posted by Bear Trap
Nope, it draws its air from next to the top of the radiator on the drivers side.
Nope, starts at the bottom, loops up to the radiator (to get rid of any water, then back down again, I will let you know about vapor lock tommorow as we are expecting heavy rain tommorow with puddling!

Here is a link of a line drawing of the CAI in case the photo does not work:

http://sohc.vtec.net//article_files/132588/cai.jpg

Old 10-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

Nope, starts at the bottom, loops up to the radiator (to get rid of any water, then back down again, I will let you know about vapor lock tommorow as we are expecting heavy rain tommorow with puddling!

Here is a link of a line drawing of the CAI in case the photo does not work:

http://sohc.vtec.net//article_files/132588/cai.jpg

Link doesn't work either. Are you talking about the OEM air intake that some people are calling a CAI, or are you talking about an aftermarket CAI (true CAI). My bad if you're taking about a true CAI. I was refering to the stock setup.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Registered AssHat

http://sohc.vtec.net/article_files/132588/cai.jpg

There should not be any hydrolock concerns with this setup. There is a huge gap between the downward intake and the "cai". Basically there is just a "chute" blasting colder air into the engine compartment...THEN the TSX-style intake sucks it back down.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

Link doesn't work either. Are you talking about the OEM air intake that some people are calling a CAI, or are you talking about an aftermarket CAI (true CAI). My bad if you're taking about a true CAI. I was refering to the stock setup.
Vtec has the photo locked unless you are logged in.

Try this link instead (I posted it at image station):

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...12&mode=invite

The system is the stock system and both Vtec and Acura call it a CAI system, but it is strange, and set up to prevent vapor lock by exchanging the incoming air under a box behind the head light so that any water is evacuated, but the in take is in the drivers lower front grill. See the drawing.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

Vtec has the photo locked unless you are logged in.

Try this link instead (I posted it at image station):

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...12&mode=invite

The system is the stock system and both Vtec and Acura call it a CAI system, but it is strange, and set up to prevent vapor lock by exchanging the incoming air under a box behind the head light so that any water is evacuated, but the in take is in the drivers lower front grill. See the drawing.
That image is not the same as my TSX - or anyone else's TSX. I took the bumper off when installing the fog lights and removed the resonator - so I've had it all apart and put it back together. The air intake is next to the top of the radiator and the resonator doesn't look anything like that in your image. There is no grill in the front bumper either. Where did you get the image from?
Old 10-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Registered AssHat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

That image is not the same as my TSX - or anyone else's TSX. I took the bumper off when installing the fog lights and removed the resonator - so I've had it all apart and put it back together. The air intake is next to the top of the radiator and the resonator doesn't look anything like that in your image. There is no grill in the front bumper either. Where did you get the image from?
It's a TL, not a TSX.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CAI filter

Originally posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
It's a TL, not a TSX.
Ahhh... That explains it.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Racer

Re: CAI filter

Originally posted by moreace
What car are you referring to? This is a TSX forum, so I would assume you are wanting to know about the TSX. Please clarify.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:15 AM
Pro

Re: Re: CAI filter

What car are you referring to? This is a TSX forum, so I would assume you are wanting to know about the TSX. Please clarify.
Bear Trap, thanks for all your comments, this is the 2004TL news thread under the TSX News & Rumors section. I know, it is confusing and you are not the first to think it is the TSX section. Thanks so much for your comments.