Cadillac: DTS news

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by sipark
Why would the president be receiving $$$ from Cadillac? That sounds almost illegal to me.. Cadillac bribing the president of U.S. so they can build the presidential limo? That's Preposterous!

That's almost like saying Boeing paid Clinton (was it Dubya's father??) to build the AirForce 1.

As someone mentioned, you should go visit the R&P for Bush bashing.
While Clinton was the first President to ride on the 747-conversion, it was purchased during GB41's administration.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:00 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianRage
STFU Dude!
A comment is an opinion. I don't mind if someone called me on it being in the wrong forum. But did it have to resolve to insult right away?
Name calling eh.....and you just did what? You are indeed a moron.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down What did I just do?

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Name calling eh.....and you just did what? You are indeed a moron.
Oh yes, telling you to shut up is "name calling" . /yourself.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by AsianRage
I didn't bash Dubya. I suggested a probability a hypothesis that has yet to be proven. The only way I'd bash Bush is if I had stated a fact.
You should know that it takes more than just 3 months to design/engineer/build a limo like this.. So, if Kerry had won the election , can/will you say that Kerry got paid to ride that limo?

Seriously, this is not a Bush limo, it's the presidential limo. There is no freakin' way Bush got on this deal.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:39 PM
__

The pic makes the car look goofy. It's like caddy attacehed the Art and science edges to a car w/ curves. the front just doesn't fit with the rest of the body
Old 01-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Oddly enough I clicked into Automotive news but found myself in Religion & Politics....how in the hell did that happen?!?!

Anyways, Bush should ride around in this: Its fast so it can elude people and it has enough electronics in it to run the country just fine.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Originally Posted by sipark
You should know that it takes more than just 3 months to design/engineer/build a limo like this.. So, if Kerry had won the election , can/will you say that Kerry got paid to ride that limo?

Seriously, this is not a Bush limo, it's the presidential limo. There is no freakin' way Bush got on this deal.
Yes I would.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Cool

Originally Posted by cob3683
Oddly enough I clicked into Automotive news but found myself in Religion & Politics....how in the hell did that happen?!?!

Anyways, Bush should ride around in this: Its fast so it can elude people and it has enough electronics in it to run the country just fine.
It'd be pimp, but too UnAmerican for the masses.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:00 PM
101 years of heartache...

:foamingatthemouth:.

The Maybach is superb. I got to experience one after some friends and I followed one to the guy's house. He was awesome, letting us stick our heads in everything inside. That leather is OUT OF THIS WORLD . He said he got the 57 because the larger one (6X)?) was too big for his garage. He was right, the 57 BARELY fit.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
:ditto: I'll take one of the new Bentley sedans built off the GT Continental, please.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cadillac Unveils the 2006 Cadillac DTS Presidential Limousine for George Bush's Inauguration

Presidential Limousine To Debut New 2006 Cadillac DTS Design

Cadillac DTS Presidential Limousine reveals the design direction during Inaugural Parade

WASHINGTON This week, a jet-black, state-of-the-art Cadillac DTS limousine will roll through the nations capital during the Presidential Inaugural Parade revealing publicly for first time the new design direction for the 2006 Cadillac DTS production model.

Similar to the new DTS, the limousine makes a bold styling statement by incorporating Cadillacs contemporary design cues to the front and rear portions of the vehicle. Redesigned front and rear fascias integrate Cadillacs signature egg-crate grille with center-mounted wreath and crest badge, jewel-like vertically oriented high-intensity xenon headlamps and state-of-the-art LED tail lamps.

George W. Bush, the President of the United States of America will be the first to travel in the new Cadillac DTS limousine during the parade route along Pennsylvania Avenue on Thursday, January 20. The sight of the president waving from a Cadillac has become a tradition in Americana.

General Motors and Cadillac are proud to write this latest chapter in American automotive history with the introduction of the DTS presidential limousine," said General Motors Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner. "We are pleased that our historic relationship with the U.S. government and chief executive office has continued through the years.

With a new design and unique construction under the skin, the new Cadillac DTS limousine is handcrafted and dressed in a jet-black clearcoat finish. The vehicle is a considerably longer, wider and taller version of the production model that becomes available later this year. To maintain national security, the limousines are equipped with state-of-the-art protection and communication systems.

The vehicle interior boasts six-passenger seating with comfort and visibility for all occupants. A rear seat executive package features a concealed, foldaway desktop that can be deployed when conducting affairs of state. The rear seats have an adjustable reclining feature along with the adaptive seat system, which senses the position of the occupant in the seat and automatically adjusts the cushion for added comfort. Moreover, rear seat passengers can enjoy their own premium sound system complete with a 10-disc CD changer. Wood accents, rich blue leather and cloth complete the executive interior.

An embroidered presidential seal is positioned in the center of the rear seat back panel, as well as on each rear door trim panel. Presidential seals are also affixed to the exterior rear doors. The U.S. flag is placed on the right front fender, and the presidential standard is located on the left front fender when the president travels in the vehicle. Flush-mounted High Intensity Discharged (HID) spotlights illuminate the flags at night.

The 2006 Cadillac DTS production model is set to make its first public appearance at the Chicago Auto Show in early February.

The DTS marks the ninth new vehicle introduced into the Cadillac portfolio since 2001 and aligns with Cadillacs alpha naming strategy established by the CTS, SRX, XLR and STS vehicles. Evolving from three models DeVille, DHS and DTS with exterior and interior differentiation, the DTS will incorporate a single-model strategy with one exterior and various option packages.

From its Cadillac-signature styling to its power and refined ride characteristics, the DTS is a product of unwavering attention to detail which builds on the strengths and appeal of the Cadillac brand.

Source: General Motors

Source: www.AutomobileMag.com
Old 01-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
ROFL ... Paul Martin uses a Impala? I hope that's a '64 with hydraulics
Old 01-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Safety Car

The front end of the car does not look good at all, hope the production car is not the same.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by heyitsme
The front end of the car does not look good at all, hope the production car is not the same.
The DTS will not be a good looking car and will have nothing to do with the new Cadillac. They kept it for the "traditionalists" (at least of the recent past).
Old 01-31-2005, 02:47 AM
Mile High

US president should really be driven in a RR Phantom Limo or a M-B S500 Limo, they deserve better than a Caddy.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:41 AM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yikes, that's ugly!!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chungkopi
yikes, that's ugly!!

seriously ugly!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

this is a seriously weird looking car

the grille is really awful
Old 02-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Source: Cheers and Gears Forum
Old 02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Banned

The grille in the President's limo version just doesn't look right. We'll have to wait to see the production model sedan I guess.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Safety Car

Interesting. That's a flattering angle. Need to see more, though.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by M TYPE X
The grille in the President's limo version just doesn't look right. We'll have to wait to see the production model sedan I guess.
Comparing the limo version with the poster pic...it looks like we'll be seeing that grille. I don't like it either.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Source: Autoweek Forum

----------

----------

Source: The Car Connection
Old 02-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Looks pretty good considering it's based on the Deville and it being not a new car.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
The execution of the front is not bad and the side profile really hasn't changed much, but the execution of the rear needs some serious work.

Overall, not as bloated looking as I was expecting based on the pics of the limo. Still curious what the full redesign will look like.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
The execution of the front is not bad and the side profile really hasn't changed much, but the execution of the rear needs some serious work.

Overall, not as bloated looking as I was expecting based on the pics of the limo. Still curious what the full redesign will look like.
The full redesign will be a lot more dramatic. It will look like a mini Sixteen.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:57 AM
goldmemberererer

Originally Posted by gavriil
The full redesign will be a lot more dramatic. It will look like a mini Sixteen.
Then why bother with this kinda shit. And you do realize, the Sixteen is a coupe. I agree, that bitch is huge, but this is a pretty big car too. A smaller Sixteen, yes. A "mini" Sixteen... no
Old 02-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by goldmemberer
Then why bother with this kinda shit. And you do realize, the Sixteen is a coupe. I agree, that bitch is huge, but this is a pretty big car too. A smaller Sixteen, yes. A "mini" Sixteen... no
Because the new car wont be ready for at least another 2 if not 3 years. They had to do something with the Deville.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by goldmemberer
I can't wait either.. Finally, a true S-Class competitior. This car is a good reskin and it'll buy Caddy the three years they need till the new car comes out. I really like the wheels. they look strong and atheletic. And the interior looks very good; better than both the CTS and STS's... their's are to angular to me.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Think it looks pretty good. The deville already is a great seller for caddy, with these new headlights and interior it actually looks like a nice fullsize luxury car. Agree about the interior looking more thought out than the sts.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
i like the tail lights on the current DTS.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
101 years of heartache...

Wow, I thought Caddy would make that interior a little sharper. That hanging-stack center console thing is just plain-old "old". And especially with that dark brown wood, it looks like someone just took an early-90's Caddy Deville and exchanged green for blue.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Safety Car

Old 02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Banned

its still not elegant enough.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by http://www.canadiandriver.com
February 9, 2005

Chicago auto show
Upgraded Cadillac Deville now just DTS

Chicago, Illinois - The new 2006 Cadillac DTS features freshened styling, a new interior, refined chassis, and upgraded V8 powerplants. The DTS succeeds its predecessor, the DeVille, which has accounted for nearly 50 percent of sales in its segment for the past 19 years.

Click image to enlarge

The front-wheel-drive large luxury sedan incorporates a single-model strategy (one exterior, one interior with multiple option packages) and follows Cadillac's alpha naming strategy established by the CTS.

The 2006 DTS is equipped with new front-end sheet metal, grille, fascia and standard high-intensity xenon headlamps. The decklid, rear quarter, rear fascia and light emitting diode (LED) tail lamps and CHMSL are also new.

An all-new sophisticated interior on the DTS incorporates dual-firmness seats optimally engineered for comfort and support with an additional 25 mm (approximately 1-inch) of seat travel; available real burl wood garnish; a lowered and more forward-positioned instrument panel for increased perceived spaciousness; a new analog clock; soft-backed, cast-urethane surfaces on the instrument panel and upper doors; and an integrated centre stack design for a clean, uninterrupted appearance.

The DTS is equipped with the technologically advanced Northstar 4.6 litre V-8 engine mated to the Hydra-Matic 4T80-E four-speed automatic transmission. The Northstar V-8 engine is available in two configurations: the 290-horsepower L37 and the 275-horsepower LD8 (horsepower ratings are estimated).

Chassis tuning on the DTS has focused on achieving a smooth, quiet, refined ride. Perhaps the biggest differentiator between the current DeVille offerings and the DTS comes in the form of an entirely new front cradle design. On the DTS, the engine is mounted to the cradle, and the cradle is mounted to the body rails.

A host of integrated chassis control technologies include four-channel anti-lock brakes and traction control, four-channel StabiliTrak with Brake Assist, and Magnetic Ride Control. The DTS also employs larger 17- or 18-inch wheels and tires as well as larger 323-mm brakes for enhanced stopping power.

Six air bags are standard including an industry-first dual depth front passenger air bag. The GM-patented technology deploys either a shallow (smaller) or deep (larger) air bag depending upon the severity of the crash, seat belt usage, and occupant seating position.

The DTS will be manufactured at GM's Detroit Hamtramck assembly centre and is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fall of 2005. In addition to the U.S. and Canada, the DTS will be exported for sale in Mexico, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Suzuka Master

not bad
Old 02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Pinky all stinky

I actually think the current Deville looks better.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Source: Autoweek

2006 Cadillac DTS

ON SALE: Fall 2005

ESTIMATED PRICE: About $45,000

BASE POWERTRAIN: 4.6-liter, 275-hp, 292-lb-ft V8; fwd, four-speed automatic

WHAT'S COOL: Northstar V-8 engine offered in two variations, one for high horsepower at high rpms and the other for more torque at partially open throttle. List of luxury goodies includes adaptive cruise control, heated seats, steering wheel and windshield washer fluid.

WHAT AUTOMAKER SAYS: DTS is designed and engineered to continue the sales success of its predecessor, the DeVille, which has accounted for nearly 50 percent of sales in its segment for the past 19 years.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Moderator Alumnus

DTS joins Cadillac's alphabet strategy - - By Jason Stein - Source: Automotive news

A renaissance needs some continuity, Cadillac says.

That's the reason the restyled, re-engineered replacement for Cadillac's lone remaining front-wheel-drive sedan, the DeVille, also gets a new name this year: DTS.

Sound familiar?

Beginning with the CTS, Cadillac has been gradually adopting its single-mode strategy - one exterior, one interior with multiple option packages - and alpha naming policy to its lineup. Now, one of Cadillac's historically best-selling vehicles gets both.

Is it dangerous to change vehicle names on a product that annually outsells everything in its division?

"We saw the DeVille associated with the antiquated, old Cadillac," says Mark LaNeve, GM's vice president of marketing and advertising for GM North America and Cadillac's former general manager.

"This is a renaissance at Cadillac and we wanted to line up the DeVille with our other products. And our customers knew the DTS was the uplevel DeVille," LaNeve says.

Cadillac's design theme has been applied to the front and rear of the DTS, bringing it better in line with the rest of the portfolio. The vehicle also gets a Northstar 4.6-liter V-8 engine available in two configurations - a 290- and 275-horsepower engine.

Chassis tuning, and a new front cradle design, has made the ride more quiet and refined.

"This will be a global product for us," LaNeve says. "And, as a result, we have to deliver some world-class traits."

The DTS will be manufactured at Detroit's Hamtramck assembly center and is expected to arrive in showrooms this fall. In addition to the U.S. and Canada, the DTS will be exported to Mexico, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Specs and Info - - Source: Autoweek

2006 CADILLAC DTS: LARGE-SEDAN LUXURY WITH PERFORMANCE
• Cadillac-Signature Exterior Styling
• All-New Interior
• Refined Chassis Tuning
• Northstar 4.6L V-8 Engine

CHICAGO – The new 2006 Cadillac DTS is the luxury nameplate’s latest addition to its continued product renaissance. From its Cadillac-signature exterior styling to its power and refined ride characteristics, the DTS is the product of unwavering attention to detail.

This front-wheel-drive large luxury sedan incorporates a single-model strategy (one exterior, one interior with multiple option packages) and follows Cadillac’s alpha naming strategy established by the CTS.

DTS is designed and engineered to continue the sales success of its predecessor, the DeVille, which has accounted for nearly 50 percent of sales in its segment for the past 19 years.

Redesigned exterior

Cadillac’s contemporary design vocabulary has been applied to the front and rear portions of the DTS, graphically bringing it in line with the marque’s portfolio.

The DTS is equipped with new front-end sheet metal, grille, fascia and standard high-intensity xenon headlamps. The decklid, rear quarter, rear fascia and light emitting diode (LED) tail lamps and CHMSL are also new.

At first glance, DTS reflects the strengths and appeal of the Cadillac brand with its vertically shaped headlamps and tail lamps, egg crate grille, horizontal spline lines and dihedral-shaped hood. The result is an exterior style that is more architectural and linear than its predecessor and an overall form vocabulary that distinctly separates the DTS from its competition.

All-new interior design

An all-new sophisticated interior on the DTS incorporates a clean, sculpted contemporary design consisting of genuine materials, fabrics and low-gloss, tactile surfaces.

Refinements include dual-firmness seats optimally engineered for comfort and support with an additional 25 mm (approximately 1-inch) of seat travel; available real burl wood garnish; a lowered and more forward-positioned instrument panel for increased perceived spaciousness; a new analog clock; soft-backed, cast-urethane surfaces on the instrument panel and upper doors; and an integrated center stack design for a clean, uninterrupted appearance.

Powertrain

The DTS is equipped with the technologically advanced Northstar 4.6L V-8 engine mated to the Hydra-Matic 4T80-E four-speed automatic transmission – a proven powertrain combination that assures a level of sophisticated performance consistent with the inherent refinement of the vehicle.

The Northstar 4.6L V-8 engine is available in two configurations: the 290-horsepower L37 and the 275-horsepower LD8 (horsepower ratings are estimated). The L37 version is a responsive, higher revving powerplant with more peak horsepower and a higher redline (6700 rpm vs. 6500 rpm). The LD8 puts more emphasis on quick launch and part-throttle response with greater peak torque.

Chassis refinements

Chassis tuning on the DTS has focused on achieving a smooth, quiet, refined ride.

Perhaps the biggest differentiator between the current DeVille offerings and the DTS comes in the form of an entirely new front cradle design. On the DTS, the engine is mounted to the cradle, and the cradle is mounted to the body rails.

A host of integrated chassis control technologies include four-channel anti-lock brakes and traction control, four-channel StabiliTrak with Brake Assist, and Magnetic Ride Control. The DTS also employs larger 17- or 18-inch wheels and tires as well as larger 323-mm brakes for enhanced stopping power.

Technology

Comfort, convenience and safety offerings on the DTS are plentiful and include heated and cooled front seats; heated rear seats; heated steering wheel; standard tri-zone climate control; Adaptive Remote Start with personalization; heated windshield washer fluid; rain-sensing wipers; power folding outside rearview mirrors; front and rear ultrasonic park assist; IntelliBeam automatic high-beam headlamps; in-dash six-CD changer and MP3 player; standard dual-stage (driver) and dual-depth (front passenger) air bags, roof-rail curtain air bags, and front seat side-impact thorax air bags; a passenger occupant detection air bag suppression system; adaptive cruise control (ACC) with audible and visual alerts; OnStar; XM radio; and DVD navigation system.

Precise dimensional accuracy

Literally hundreds of criteria points have been strictly adhered to throughout the development of the vehicle – the result is outstanding fit, finish and overall harmony of the elements.

The DTS is executed to some of the tightest tolerances in the industry. The result is extremely tight surface-to-surface relationships that enable the vehicle to appear as if it were crafted from a single piece of billet steel.

Safety refinements

The DTS is designed and engineered with top priority given to occupant safety and protection. This reinforces Cadillac’s long-standing reputation for providing safe occupant environments in premium vehicles. Six air bags are standard including an industry-first dual depth front passenger air bag. The GM-patented technology deploys either a shallow (smaller) or deep (larger) air bag depending upon the severity of the crash, seat belt usage, and occupant seating position.

The DTS will be manufactured at GM’s award-winning Detroit Hamtramck assembly center and is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fall of 2005. In addition to the U.S. and Canada, the DTS will be exported for sale in Mexico, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.

PRELIMINARY 2006 CADILLAC DTS SPECIFICATIONS

Overview

Model: 2006 Cadillac DTS

Body style / driveline: four-door, five- (front bucket seats) or six-passenger (front bench seat) large luxury sedan with front-wheel drive

Construction: body frame integral (BFI) structure, direct-mounted, double-isolated front cradle and powertrain mounting system

Manufacturing location: Detroit Hamtramck Assembly, Detroit

Engine

Type: Northstar 4.6L V-8

Displacement: 4565 cc (279 ci.)

Bore x stroke: 93 x 84 mm

Block material: cast aluminum

Cylinder head material: cast aluminum

Valvetrain: DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder

Valve lifters: roller follower with hydraulic lash adjusters

Ignition system: coil-on-plug cassette design with extended-life dual platinum-tipped spark plugs

Fuel delivery: sequential fuel injection

Compression ratio: 10:1

Horsepower (hp / kw @ rpm) (preliminary): 291 / 216.9 @ 5600 rpm (L37) 275 / 295.0 @ 5200 (LD8)

Torque(lb.-ft. /Nm @ rpm – preliminary): 286 / 387.8 @ 4400 rpm (L37) 292 / 395.9 @ 4400 rpm (LD8)

Maximum engine speed (rpm): 6700 rpm (L37) 6500 rpm (LD8)

Emissions controls: evaporative system, exhaust gas recirculation, positive crankcase ventilation, air injection reaction (AIR)

Estimated fuel economy (mpg city / highway / combined): 18 / 27 / 22

Transmission

Hydra-Matic 4T80-E
Type: four-speed FWD electronically controlled automatic overdrive transaxle with electronically controlled torque converter clutch
Gear ratios (:1):
First: 2.96
Second: 1.63
Third: 1.00
Fourth: 0.68
Reverse: 2.13
Final drive ratio: 3.11 (LD8) / 3.71 (L37)
Chassis/Suspension
Luxury Packages Performance Package
Front suspension: Independent MacPherson strut-type w/ side-load compensation, 29 mm hollow stabilizer bar, L-shaped aluminum lower control arm, 80 mm hydraulic ride bushing, 24 N/mm spring Independent MacPherson strut-type w/ side-load compensation, 29 mm hollow stabilizer bar, L-shaped aluminum lower control arm, 80 mm hydraulic ride bushing, 24 N/mm spring
Rear suspension: multi-link independent w/ coil springs and semi trailing arm, 18 mm hollow stabilizer bar, 48 mm diameter trailing arm bushing, monotube shocks, 28 N/mm spring multi-link independent w/ coil springs and semi trailing arm, 18 mm hollow stabilizer bar, 48 mm diameter trailing arm bushing, monotube shocks, 28 N/mm spring, standard
Magnetic Ride Control

4-channel StabiliTrak w/ brake assist: Luxury I – N/A Luxury II & III – standard 4-channel StabiliTrak w/ brake assist

Wheels 17-inch base wheel – 7-spoke, machined:Luxury I & II – standardLuxury III – N/A 18-inch, machined: standard

17-inch base wheel – 7-spoke, chrome:Luxury I & II – optional Luxury III – N/A 18-inch, chrome:optional

17-inch wheel – 9-spoke, chrome:Luxury I & II – N/ALuxury III – standard

Tires P235/55r17 S-rated ALS P245/50r18 H-rated AL3

Brakes 4-wheel discs 4-wheel discs
front rotor: 323 x 30 mm vented w/low lateral runout front rotor: 323 x 30 mm vented w/low lateral runout
rear rotor: 292 x 12 mm rear rotor: 292 x 12 mm
4-channel ABS/TCS w/ DRP 4-channel ABS/TCS w/ DRP
front caliper: cast iron dual piston front caliper: cast iron dual piston
rear caliper: cast aluminum single piston rear caliper: cast aluminum single piston

Steering magnetic variable assist rack and pinion magnetic variable assist rack and pinion
Ratio: 14.2:1 – 2.2 turns lock-to-lock 14.2:1 – 2.1 turns lock-to-lock
Turn diameter: 42 ft. (17-inch wheels/tires) 44 ft. (18-inch wheels/tires)
Fuel system: returnless with blow-molded multi-layer composite tank returnless with blow-molded multi-layer composite tank
Exhaust: dual, stainless steel dual, stainless steel
Dimensions

Exterior:

Wheelbase (in / mm): 115.6 / 2936
Length (in / mm): 207.6 / 5274
Height (in / mm): 57.6 / 1464
Width (in / mm): 74.8 / 1901
Track (in / mm): front: 62.6 / 1591
rear: 1580 / 62.2

Interior:

Legroom – front (in / mm): 42.5 / 1079
Front shoulder room (in / mm): 60 / 1524