Old 11-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Kabachitare!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buick: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News

Seeking Street Cred

Buick wants to woo black buyers

By KATHY JACKSON | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

6:00 am, November 10, 2006

LAS VEGAS - If more blacks start driving Buicks it could help the brand overcome its biggest problem: the perception that it is a boring, old person's car.

That's the view of Steve Shannon, Buick's general manager. He says blacks are the most loyal Buick customers and he wants more of them.

Not only do blacks of all ages buy a lot of cars, he says that young blacks, particularly athletes and hip-hop artists, help define urban hipness.

"We already have quality and technical sophistication," Shannon said at the SEMA show here. "But perception is hard to hit at directly."

To raise its profile with blacks, Buick has chosen Atlanta, a city with a high percentage of black residents, for a new marketing program.

Shannon says the division and its dealers are spending at least $1 million on media directly targeted at black consumers, primarily featuring the Lucerne sedan.

The campaign includes traditional media such as newspaper, radio and billboards. Singer Isaac Hayes does the voiceover for the spots.

"We decided to use Isaac because, while older, he's still cool," Shannon says.

He says he also may showcase in Atlanta the 11 tricked-out Lucernes that aftermarket companies created for the SEMA show at no charge to Buick.

The SEMA Lucernes range from cars with retuned engines delivering more than 300 hp to low riders sitting on 20-inch wheels. Some have subwoofers pumping out 3,000 watts of power.

"I'm not sure how many athletes would buy these, but this is our attempt to see interest," Shannon said. "In the future we are looking at engine and interior changes." And he says "we'll never give up" our hopes for a coupe/convertible model.

The Lucerne debuted as a 2006 model. It comes in four trim levels, including the top-end model that is equipped with a Northstar V-8 making 275 hp.

While the Lucerne has about a 30 percent conquest rate, Shannon says that is not good enough. He did not know what percentage of all Buicks are bought by blacks.

"We've got to bring new people to the franchise," he says. "It makes sense to test this with African-Americans because we have a reservoir of goodwill with them - more so than Caucasians, Hispanics or Asians."

Shannon said the Atlanta campaign began about six weeks ago and may be expanded to other markets.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
What is he talking about, I see mostly old whit people in Buicks.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
They need to put 20"wheels on every Buick and make it gangster.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and get a rapper and/or black athlete to be in a commercial.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:02 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Have Tiger Woods make a rap album. Problem solved.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Have Tiger Woods make a rap album. Problem solved.

Have you installed the spinners on your Rendezvous yet?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:12 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin

Have you installed the spinners on your Rendezvous yet?
22's.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Black Tire
Yep.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by dom
22's.
Suite.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Photography Nerd

They used to be gangster:

Old 11-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by phile
What is he talking about, I see mostly old whit people in Buicks.
I think that was what he was trying to say in the article... Buick is trying to market more to young blacks as opposed to old whites (Buick's traditional market).
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Without a garage

scraper scraper!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by titan
I think that was what he was trying to say in the article... Buick is trying to market more to young blacks as opposed to old whites (Buick's traditional market).
^ What the hell is wrong with marketing to young whites? This whole "chasing the hip-hop dollar" bullshit is pissing me off.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by titan
I get that. But the part about blacks being the most loyal buyers...I see way more whites (old) in Buicks than I do blacks of any age, so I would assume the most loyal buyers would be the whites, not the blacks.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by charliemike
^ What the hell is wrong with marketing to young whites? This whole "chasing the hip-hop dollar" bullshit is pissing me off.
I just can't see Buick and hip hop going hand and hand anyway. The new Enclave looks like it'll attract more suburban mothers than rappers.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
They used to be gangster:

Yeah, back when a gangster was a white profession.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Suzuka Master

That and slab sided styling is pretty much what made the H2 and Chrysler 300 highly successful designs. Buick also needs better sound systems with factory subwoofers.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Suzuka Master

I just can't see Buick and hip hop going hand and hand anyway.
You've probably never seen a pimped out Park Avenue's rolling on chrome dubs before. If Chrysler = then the same can be said for Buick.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
You've probably never seen a pimped out Park Avenue's rolling on chrome dubs before. If Chrysler = then the same can be said for Buick.
The thing is, the Chrysler 300C is pimp in its own design, by its very nature. But you don't see the same pimpness for, say, the PT Cruiser. And there are no Buicks with such inherent pimpness as the Chrysler 300. Those tricked out Lucernes in the other thread are downright awful.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 AM
Suzuka Master

The thing is, the Chrysler 300C is pimp in its own design, by its very nature. But you don't see the same pimpness for, say, the PT Cruiser. And there are no Buicks with such inherent pimpness as the Chrysler 300. Those tricked out Lucernes in the other thread are downright awful.
I can see your point. No wonder Chuck D was rockin' an Olds 98 but not a Buick when he recorded Megablast.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:23 AM
how handsome I am

So yea, i just took a look at the buick lineup. It's fucking gross. Get a clue buick
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Mile High

I think the world could do without Buick.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Safety Car

I think the 300's 'pimpness' is like that of the PT's, its there to start, but it wears out and their is no 'pimp' replacement insight for future designs. One hit wonders.

Also found it interesting when I was passing by a 300 with my uncle and his reaction was that it looked like an old persons car rather than something cool which kinda caught me off guard. And after thinking about, even though I think the 300 can look nice, hes kinda right. It isn't exactly a young/hip design.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Safety Car

The lucerne is a nice car is a camry sort of way but they don't really have a unique enough style to them right now to start attracting newer buyers, they just blend in. Now if they start building cars like the velite concept, then sure, it could be done.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Safety Car

^ Agreed. Period.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by heyitsme
... even though I think the 300 can look nice, hes kinda right. It isn't exactly a young/hip design.
Can't the same be said of most luxury cars. Aren't the S-class Benz and the 7 series stodgy old people's cars?
Old 11-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6

I just saw a pimped out Riviera on huge wheels and painted with some orange/fade to darker orange metallic paint.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by heyitsme
The lucerne is a nice car is a camry sort of way but they don't really have a unique enough style to them right now to start attracting newer buyers, they just blend in. Now if they start building cars like the velite concept, then sure, it could be done.

too bad thats a concept.. with halogens...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow Update

Buick, the storied General Motors brand that had been staging a strong comeback since barely surviving GM's 2009 restructuring, has hit a pothole.

Buick sales have dropped for 7 straight months, tied with Cadillac for the longest losing streak among the 41 brands sold in the United States. But unlike Cadillac, which has 2 new nameplates coming this summer, Buick doesn't have new or redesigned vehicles riding to the rescue.

The question confronting Buick is whether the slump is a sign of deeper troubles or simply growing pains now that GM finally has gotten serious about positioning Buick to challenge entry-luxury brands such as Acura and Infiniti.

Much of Buick's lost sales momentum is self-inflicted, as GM takes steps to polish the brand's image and raise residual values. For example, GM has dialed back Buick sales to rental-car companies, a practice that for years has eroded the brand's value.

Buick sales to fleet customers -- the vast majority of which are rental-car companies -- were down by 2/3s in the 1st 4 months of 2012 from year-earlier levels.

The scale-back marks a major strategic shift for Buick, which historically has relied on rental-fleet sales to move the metal. In the pre-recession and pre-bankruptcy year of 2007, for example, fleet sales accounted for around 15% of Buick's sales. This year, through April, they were 7%, a GM spokesman says.

Buick also has scaled back on consumer incentives -- another step that erodes sales in the short term -- in the hope that it will pay dividends down the road in the form of a better image and higher prices. Through April, Buick's incentive spending fell to 10.1% of its average transaction price per vehicle, from 11.5% in the same period last year, TrueCar.com data show.

More leases seen as a must

At the same time, Buick is working to make its leases more competitive. Dealers say that's crucial if Buick wants to compete in the entry luxury space, where lease penetration tops 50% for some brands.

GM executives say getting Buick's long-term positioning right trumps any concerns over short-term sales numbers.

"We're taking a very disciplined approach to the Buick brand," says Brian Sweeney, vice president of sales and service for Buick-GMC. "We're building a good house, a good foundation."

While the percentage drop in fleet sales is deep into the double digits, retail sales haven't been great either. Retail sales are down 5% through April. Add in fleet sales, and Buick's total sales in the 1st 4 months came to 52,782, down 16%.

In contrast, GMC's sales rose 2% to 124,487. Most Buick dealers also sell the GMC truck brand.

As recently as last fall, brisk demand for Buick's Enclave large crossover and Regal sedan were helping the brand to 24 straight months of sales gains, one of the industry's longest runs. For all of 2011, Buick sales rose 14%, after soaring 52% in 2010.

But demand for the Regal and Enclave has sagged. The Enclave gets reskinned for the 2013 model year, while the Regal, which was launched in late 2009, likely won't get any significant enhancements for two years.

GM executives and many Buick dealers are confident that the recent decline is simply a lull. Both groups rave that the growing lineup of sedans and crossovers is vastly improved over just a few years ago -- a view supported by sharply higher residual values and solid product reviews.

Last year Buick vehicles on average were expected to retain 46 percent of their value after 36 months, up from 39% in 2008, according to data from ALG. The residual on the Buick Verano is 48%, equal to that of an Audi A3 and competitive with other cars in ALG's premium compact segment, including the Volvo C30 and Lexus CT 200h, each of which is projected to hold 49% of its value after 36 months.

GM also is pushing for better service from its leaner Buick-GMC dealer network, which has shrunk to 2,121 franchises last year, from 2,705 at the start of 2008.

Buick-GMC dealers are rolling out a courtesy loaner program for service customers. Buick dealers' customer satisfaction scores already are among the industry's highest, ranking No. 2 out of 21 mass-market brands in the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Index Study.

'Major success'

"The dealers who are engaged and buying into the direction of the brand are having major success," says Mike Bowsher, who owns 2 Buick-GMC stores in the Atlanta area and 1 in Orlando.

The 109-year-old Buick brand was saved from the chopping block during GM's restructuring because of its strong sales in China, the world's largest auto market. Selling virtually the same vehicles across continents drives down development costs. Last year Buick was the No. 5 brand in China, selling 645,829 units -- nearly 4 times as many as it sells in the United States.

While it's the smallest of GM's 4 brands in the United States, Buick helps GM attract new buyers: 41% of Buick buyers in 2011 came from non-GM brands, up from 29% in 2007, GM says.

Bowsher, co-chairman of the Buick-GMC National Dealer Council, is among many dealers surprised by Buick's lost momentum. He says his stores' Buick sales were up 46% for the year through April.

In addition to the drop in fleet sales, GM managers point to the recent phasing out of the aging Buick Lucerne. But those lost units largely have been offset by the new Buick Verano, the brand's 1st small car since the early 1990s, which was launched in December.

Swapping those cars should help Buick's nagging image as a retirees' brand. With its 4-speed transmission and cavernous trunk, the Lucerne was the final holdout of old-school Buick. The Verano, which is based on the Opel Astra, is aimed at younger buyers looking for their first taste of luxury.

Dealers cite 2 major drags on Buick sales:

1. Brand perception.

A stodgy image still clings to the brand even as Buick rolls out European-derived cars with sleek, taut designs such as the Regal, which is a cousin of the Opel Insignia. It is built in Osh-awa, Ontario.

In its April car-buying issue, Consumer Reports rated the Regal higher than the Volvo S60 and Audi A4 among compact sport sedans. The Enclave ranked sixth out of 22 luxury SUVs. Both got low marks for reliability, though, which is a nagging problem, according to the magazine.

"I fight the good fight every day about perception," says Steve Cappellino, a Buick-GMC dealer near Buffalo, N.Y. "I'll tell someone I'm a Buick dealer and they'll say, 'Oh, my dad owned 1,' or, 'My grandfather had 3.'"

Despite GM's efforts to position Buick against import luxury brands such as Acura and Infiniti, research shows that consumers lump Buick with brands such as Ford and Toyota. In April, those were the 2 most-shopped brands by consumers who also were considering a Buick, according to Edmunds.com.

2. Leasing strategy.

Cappellino echoes the sentiment of many Buick dealers: The trick is persuading would-be buyers to get behind the wheel to dispel the old-fogey image. They hope a new lease program will help.

In March, GM rolled out a 24-month lease deal, dubbed Experience Buick, that includes routine maintenance, satellite radio and OnStar.

Since then, Cappellino says showroom traffic has been the strongest of the year. But it hasn't yet reversed Buick's monthly sales declines.

Sweeney says the program has helped push Buick's nationwide lease penetration up to 30%. He expects it to climb even higher.

Until the new lease plan, Buick's lease penetration hovered around 15%. That's below the industry average of around 22% and far lower than the brands Buick is targeting, such as Acura, Lincoln and Infiniti, whose lease penetrations range from 35% to higher than half of sales.

Leasing virtually dried up for GM dealers during the 2008-09 financial crisis.

Buick-GMC dealers had been stuck trying to sell Buicks with monthly lease payments that were higher than rivals' in the entry-luxury category, where competitive lease payments are crucial for success. That was especially painful in lease-heavy markets such as the Northeast, where lease rates can exceed 40% for sedans.

Now Buick is advertising a 24-month lease on an Enclave for no money down and $433 per month, including the maintenance, satellite radio and OnStar. That's $20 cheaper than a 39-month lease with no freebies that Buick had offered before.

In contrast, buyers can get a 36-month lease on an Acura MDX SUV for $449 per month plus $2,999 down.

'Missing the boat'

"They were missing the boat, and they realized it," Cappellino says.

Greg Heath, a vice president at Mark Christopher Auto Center in Ontario, Calif., said better lease deals helped drive his Buick sales up to 15 units in April, from an average of 3 or 4 in previous months.

But Heath, whose store got the Buick franchise in 2009, says he needs 25 sales a month to get a decent return on investment.

"If the product were crappy, I'd say, 'This is going to be a long battle,'" Heath says. "But the product is good. And now these lease payments are phenomenal.

"If we don't see Buick sales go up with what we're throwing into the marketplace right now,"
he says, "then shame on us."

PHP Code:
Buick sales lose momentum
Buick sales
     Units    
change
2010    155
,389    52%
2011    177,633    14%
2012Jan.-April    52,782    â€“16
You can reach Mike Colias at mcolias@crain.com.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Race Director

Received 624 Likes on 503 Posts
The Verano, which is based on the Opel Astra, is aimed at younger buyers looking for their first taste of luxury.
They don't want to say based on the Cruze since that's a cheaper car.

They have the right strategy and a decent mix of vehicles - the issue is whether they'll stick to it.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Sounds like the Verano is vying for the same market as the ILX.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
If I could get a Regal GS for $399/mo with nothing down for 24 months I would lease one tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by F23A4
Sounds like the Verano is vying for the same market as the ILX.
And both would like to be lumped in with the likes of A3, 1 series, Volvo C30.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
The funny thing is I can still look at a pic of my old 87' Buick Regal and say yeah that was a pretty pimp car. It had the styling and size to go along with all the chrome and wire wheels. It was no where near the best Buick, but after 87' the cars went down hill.

These new cars are not pimp. The front end just screams old people to me. I love the interiors, but the exterior needs a complete redo.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:29 AM
Race Director

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...stealth-launch

DETROIT -- I spotted a new line item in Buick’s monthly sales report last week: 89 Envision crossovers were delivered last month.

General Motors’ quietest vehicle launch in recent memory.

Since Buick confirmed plans in December to sell the China-built Envision in the U.S., GM has kept the handsome compact crossover in the automotive equivalent of a witness-protection program.

The public’s first glimpse of the U.S.-spec Envision wasn’t under the searing lights and booming music of an auto show premiere. Instead, it was tucked away in the shadows next to the bar at a party on the eve of the auto show here in January. (Meanwhile, the lithe Avista concept coupe -- unlikely to ever see the inside of a Buick showroom -- sparkled on the turntable stage nearby).

And now the Envision has hit showrooms with nary a write-up in Motor Trend, Autoweek, Consumer Reports or any other magazine or consumer site I could find. Reps from some U.S. consumer shopping websites -- Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds.com and others -- will drive the Envision for just the first time this week.

Buick’s explanation for the radio silence: The Envisions on sale now are 2016 models, high-trim levels that will be sold for a few months before the full ’17 model year rolls out around October. No sense in launching a major ad campaign or racking up magazine reviews if availability will be limited.

Makes sense. While Buick will air Envision commercials during the U.S. Open later this month, it’s hard to recall the last time a new nameplate arrived in U.S. showrooms with such little fanfare. I can’t help but wonder whether GM is a little gun shy about the China factor during the heated election rhetoric.

GM executives need only look at the criticism directed by presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump at cross-town rival Ford for having the gall to make cars in Mexico. GM’s Chinese imports could make for an even juicier shipping-jobs-overseas Trump talking point.

Then again, the decision to import the Envision could also be viewed as a pragmatic move by a global automaker trying to best leverage its finite resources.

GM already is cranking out around 200,000 Envisions annually at a modern plant in northeastern Shandong province. Maybe it’s simply more efficient to import roughly 50,000 of them a year. Automakers prefer to build where they sell. If U.S. volume doubles or triples over a few years, I’d bet GM would make room for Envision production in North America.

Of course, GM execs hope they can continue to fly under the political radar, and that they won’t have to make that case.

Advertising for the Envision will start in earnest for the ’17 launch this fall, a Buick spokesman says. That should come as welcome news to Buick dealers, who believe the crossover should be a strong seller -- once American buyers find out about it.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Race Director

^^^ I think this may the first volume model (from any maker) made in China sold in the US.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:07 AM
Race Director

Buick shared the first images of the Enspire electric SUV concept just ahead of the Beijing auto show, where it will make its debut. This concept is meant as a technology and design demonstrator that seems a few years out, combining a very usable 370-mile range with GM's Super Cruise semi-autonomous driver assist system that made its first appearance in Cadillac models.

The sleek design combines a number of familiar Buick themes with the scale and packaging of a midsize crossover or SUV meant for five passengers. The exterior is aimed at maximizing aerodynamic efficiency while conveying a sculptural appearance, with a series of thin horizontal lines and surface details.

On the inside, Buick mixes materials such as microfiber suede natural wood in a "surround skyline" interior theme. The concept features an augmented reality head-up display system and OLED display screen, along with 5G connectivity.

When it comes to power, Buick's eMotion electric drivetrain technology serves up 410 kW, permitting sprints from 0-60 mph in just 4.0 seconds -- but perhaps more impressive is the concept's claimed range of 370 miles on a full charge, plus a fast-charging capability of 80 percent in 40 minutes.

The interior of the Enspire concept demonstrates the brand's latest design themes, as well as GM's semi-autonomous tech.When will we see something like this on roads in China? It's no coincidence that Buick's latest concept is electric: China's mandate of "new energy" vehicles over the next decade means more hybrids and EVs will become part of the national fleet than perhaps in any other country. Buick has been relatively quiet about electrification in cars in the U.S. market, but in China, it will be an imperative.

Don't be surprised to see the first Buick EV debut in the Middle Kingdom before making its way stateside.

Read more: 2018 Buick Enspire concept debuts at Beijing auto show with 370-mile range
Old 07-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Race Director

Following a lineup overhaul away from sedans in recent years, Buick is expected to continue to beef up its crossover portfolio with high-end Avenir models as well as redesigns and freshens of its hottest-selling models.

However, the brand's reported plans, including an expansion into electric vehicles, could be disrupted by public policy. GM's impending loss of federal tax credits for alternative fuel vehicles and a lack of customer demand could push Buick's EV plans for the U.S. into the next decade. And if the Trump administration is successful in implementing higher tariffs, that could mean trouble for the entire brand, as every vehicle aside from the Enclave and LaCrosse is imported, with the Envision coming from China.

Regal: The repositioning of the Opel-derived midsize sedan as a sportback and wagon has proved successful for Buick, at least for now. Regal sales were up 27 percent through the first six months of the year. The TourX wagon model is accounting for about one-third of the nameplate's sales — in line with the company's expectations. The Regal is expected to get a freshening around 2020. GM's sale of Opel won't affect the model for the next several years.

LaCrosse: Buick's last traditional sedan is coasting. A redesign two years ago failed to generate much sales momentum, and the large-sedan segment is significantly declining. Aside from the addition of an Avenir model for 2018 and a possible freshening in years to come, don't expect too much else from the brand's lone sedan until a potential redesign in 2022.

Cascada: The Opel sale, declining car sales and slim returns in the niche convertible segment leave the Cascada dead in the water. A potential freshening of the convertible — introduced for the U.S. in 2016 — hasn't occurred and isn't expected for the U.S.Encore: The subcompact crossover, Buick's top seller, is due for a redesign in late 2019 after a freshening two years ago that included a sportier front end and interior improvements.

Envision: The China-made compact crossover was freshened for the 2019 model year and repositioned with a starting price decrease of up to $2,000. The freshening gave the 2019 model Buick's updated grille with a winged emblem and new available LED headlights. Buick also enhanced the performance of the available 2.0-liter turbo engine by pairing it with a nine-speed automatic transmission and increasing torque by 35 pound-feet, to 295 pound-feet. A redesign is expected in 2020.

Enclave: A redesign of the large crossover for the 2018 model year and the addition of an Avenir trim are increasing sales and average transaction prices for Buick. Sales through June were up 15 percent, while ATPs have increased about $5,000, according to the company. Aside from some likely tweaks to trim levels, don't expect too many changes until a freshening of the vehicle in 2021.

EVs: Behind Chevrolet, Buick was expected to be GM's next brand to embrace all-electric vehicles in the U.S. However, due to a lack of domestic demand and the company's impending loss of federal tax credits, those plans may have been pushed back, if not eliminated, until GM's next-gen EV platform is released beginning in 2021. The brand is still expected to adopt several EV models for China, but a Chevy Bolt-based EV — previously expected as early as next year — may no longer show up in the U.S. If it does come stateside, it could be a Chevrolet, which already has an established network of dealers equipped for EVs.

Read more: Here's what's coming for Buick | Autoweek
Old 07-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Race Director

Interesting that 1/3 of Regal sales are for the "station wagon" model.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:33 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Thus far, the Avenir sub-brand has done well for Buick.

Nearly a year after Buick launched the Avenir subbrand to replicate the home run that Denali has been for GMC, one of the only constraints is the number of 20-inch Pearl Nickel aluminum wheels it can get for the $54,495-and-up Enclave Avenir. One of every four Enclaves sold is an Avenir, and after a March investment that boosted Avenir production, GM says dealer demand is still outstripping supplies.U.S. sales of the Enclave, a seven-passenger crossover, surged 15 percent in the first half of the year, and its average transaction price is up $5,000 from a year ago to near the peak of the nonluxury segment — in line with midrange luxury competitors such as the Infiniti QX60 and Acura MDX.
The Avenir's early success, Stokes said, has not cannibalized sales of the previous top-tier Premium trim, which starts at about $49,500 and accounts for roughly 35 percent of sales. Combined, Premium and Avenir account for roughly 60 percent of Enclave sales.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2018...re-and-they-do

Quick Reply: Buick: Sales, Marketing, and Financial News