Why Cheaper Model RSX comes with Bose indash 6CD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Cheaper Model RSX comes with Bose indash 6CD?

Notice that the RSX type-S comes with "BOSE" 6CD changer... TSX Navi does not come with that.. How come a upper model equipped with low end sound system?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by helloha
Notice that the RSX type-S comes with "BOSE" 6CD changer... TSX Navi does not come with that.. How come a upper model equipped with low end sound system?
i dont think that acura is using bose any more...the TL doesnt have bose either.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TSX sound system sounds much better than the RSX. So its not "lower" end. BOSE is overated anyways. The M6 has a "bose" system and it sound slike crap.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:21 PM

also i belive its just "bose" speakers even though the head unit is labeled bose...thats the way my parents '95 maxima was
Old 07-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Bose is a great marketing company that makes mediocre audio equipment. "No highs, no lows...must be Bose!"
Old 07-12-2004, 03:23 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bbbradley
Bose is a great marketing company that makes mediocre audio equipment. "No highs, no lows...must be Bose!"

although I like their 2 way home theater cubed speakers.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by virus7
i dont think that acura is using bose any more...the TL doesnt have bose either.
The New 2005 RL comes with BOSE DVD-audio
Old 07-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Instructor

My Old 97 Acura CL's BOSE sounds much better than my 04 TSX...
Old 07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

My Old 97 Acura CL's BOSE sounds much better than my 04 TSX...
Maybe, but the RSX definately doesnt sound better. TSX system is mediocre at best. I'd be perfectly happy with it if it was LOUDER.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by fdl
Maybe, but the RSX definately doesnt sound better. TSX system is mediocre at best. I'd be perfectly happy with it if it was LOUDER.
Louder? even when listening to CD's?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:37 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by virus7
Louder? even when listening to CD's?

CD's are better for sure. But could still be louder onthe highway or with the windows down. Its decent though, however I'm pretty sure any respectable speaker upgrades will make the problem worse.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:22 PM

dont matter if it's bose, the speakers still suck! i think the oem bose speakers are cardboard...take them out and see
Old 07-12-2004, 05:51 PM
6MT Snob

There's an old saying "No highs, now lows, just bose"

And i have a TSX and i have to say that despite the lack of bass which i added a subwoofer for the stock system of the TSX sounds better then many BOSE car systems i have heard.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Drifting

Are you guys total stereo snobs or what? The TSX has the best stock stereo I have ever owned BY FAR! Maybe I am that big of a noob, I don't know. The stereo in my '01 CL-S was shit compared to this.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
Are you guys total stereo snobs or what? The TSX has the best stock stereo I have ever owned BY FAR! Maybe I am that big of a noob, I don't know. The stereo in my '01 CL-S was shit compared to this.

The TSX sound system is not bad for a factory system in a sub-$30,000 car. In fact, it's not bad for a sub-$40,000 car. It is definitely better than what was in the last gen TL or the CLs. The Bose system is highly overrated.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:33 PM
UK Spec

Not bashing BOSE or anything... they are good brand

but remember u can buy Nike @ Wallmart and Nike @ Footlocker...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought the stock speakers and HU were Pioneer?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
This has been a topic that I have never been able to get a clear concensus. Every other post says the TSX stereo is awesome, the other half of the posts say that its horrible and they switched it out the week after they bought the car. Are there any polls on this? I think it would be a close 50/50 race. (This has nothing to do with Bose, but the TSX sound system in general.)
Old 07-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Intermediate

It's a hell of a lot better than the stereo in the last two integras I had. I think if you are an audiophile you may find it a bit weak, but for the majority of us it is perfectly acceptable
Old 07-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Advanced

This has been mentioned in many other previous threads, but the head unit in the TSX is an MEI unit (Panasonic). The HU in the TL is also a Panasonic (DVD-Audio).

The head unit in the TSX is actually very good. The speakers are Pioneer, and if you are looking to upgrade the sound system, you will get the most bang for your buck upgrading some of the speakers. My only complaint about the system is sometimes the speakers/mounts rattle at high bass volumes, but it certainly isn't bad.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Mmmm... tasty.

I agree with those of you who like the sound system... for stock, I think it's pretty damn good.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:16 PM
Micah476

I just picked up my TSX today, and I really enjoyed the sound system the whole 150 mile ride home...I think it's great. Of course, I've got friends who have spent their lives saving up for speakers who would say it's crap, but it's most definitely loud enough and crisp enough for my tastes. I seriously doubt I'll be adding anything other than my Delphi XM radio that I had in my Civic...maybe that's it, I've been listening to a stock Civic radio for 4 years.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Acura dropped the ball on the RSX-S Bose system. The Bose speakers are paper cone whereas the base model RSX speakers are a poly type of material. The 'Rich Base' woofer in the RSX-S is a 5.25" speaker. Even replacing the speakers in the Bose system does nothing for sound improvement which leads me to believe the weakness is in the amp (under the passenger seat). I have to agree that the TSX system is not bad for OEM - I did replace all speakers for a much improved sound. Of coarse, all of this IMHO.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
It is absolutely waay better than what I've had before. I'd love to hear what a "non-crappy" sound system is like. But then again it would probably mean the TSX would get yet another 100lbs added to it... which it doesn't need.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Master47
This has been a topic that I have never been able to get a clear concensus. Every other post says the TSX stereo is awesome, the other half of the posts say that its horrible and they switched it out the week after they bought the car. Are there any polls on this? I think it would be a close 50/50 race. (This has nothing to do with Bose, but the TSX sound system in general.)
The opinions are so varied because sound is so subjective. Some out there equate good with loud. Some equate good with how much the neighbors windows shake from the bass. There is no common point of reference. If you're coming from a stock Civic system then the TSX will sound much better. If you're coming from another car that had hundreds or thousands $$ in aftermarket components and speakers then you'll be disappointed. In the end all you have are individual opinions. Trust your own ears. If you like the way it sounds then fine. If not the try to identify what is lacking and search the posts for what others did to improve it. IMHO the sound system is pretty good for a stock system and probably good enough for my tastes. Just my
Old 07-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
The opinions are so varied because sound is so subjective. Some out there equate good with loud. Some equate good with how much the neighbors windows shake from the bass. There is no common point of reference. If you're coming from a stock Civic system then the TSX will sound much better. If you're coming from another car that had hundreds or thousands $$ in aftermarket components and speakers then you'll be disappointed. In the end all you have are individual opinions. Trust your own ears. If you like the way it sounds then fine. If not the try to identify what is lacking and search the posts for what others did to improve it. IMHO the sound system is pretty good for a stock system and probably good enough for my tastes. Just my
Old 07-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Littering and.....

Originally Posted by bbbradley
Funny, I always thought BOSE stood for "Better Off w/ Something Else"
Old 07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
RSX to TSX

Reading this is making me feel better... I've been reading how people are not happy with the TSX system for a while, and I'm about to trade in my RSX for a TSX. However, I'm perfectly happy with the RSX's system, so I shouldn't be disappointed
Old 07-13-2004, 02:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

BOSE = crap.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:12 PM
6MT Snob

Originally Posted by GregHic
Reading this is making me feel better... I've been reading how people are not happy with the TSX system for a while, and I'm about to trade in my RSX for a TSX. However, I'm perfectly happy with the RSX's system, so I shouldn't be disappointed
The only thing you might want to do is add a sub.

Unless you are used to a high wattage compotition system the TSX's sound system is quite decent.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Intermediate

This sound system in the TSX is better than the Bose system that came with my old Infiniti G20t. The bass with Bose was very murky. That was swapped out with a Sony ES / ADS system very quickly. The best stock stereo system I have ever had was the Mitsubishi / Infinty stereo in my 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It actually had an amp that put out some power. It was large enough they had to put it under the passenger seat.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:18 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

:whocares:

the stock tsx system is great for stock, of course you can make it better with aftermarket speakers that aren't paper thin. so :whocares:

it's funny to hear people say bose sucks. haha i'm looking to buy a bose home stereo, that thing kicks butt.

but anyway, the rsx-s and base rsx with the "bose" stereo - man, their soundsystems suck, and the type s even has a "subwoofer"...please, i can fart louder than that thing hits.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Can't wait to drive

If people are getting confused...the TSX has a good stock system, if you're comparing to other stock audio systems in other cars. Stock audio system qualtiy TSX > RSX > Civic. If you're into audio at all, almost no stock system is good enough. The TSX stock audio system just doesn't have the definition, highs, or gets loud enough for my taste. Therefore, I swapped out the speakers--that swap was a big different. But for a lot of people, they are satisfied with the stock system, which is fine...since it's better than RSX or Civic
Old 07-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Cruisin'

Bose sux:

http://www.fiendation.com/300zx/bosefaq.htm
Old 07-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro

i think the cl-s system is better than the tsx system, but probably for different reasons than you guys...first off, the bose system in my 03 cls is extremely clean and even when turned up full blast..there is no distortion in the trebles..i noticed that in the tsx, while there may be a lot more bass, it distorts when turned up high. this is similar to the accord's stock system (both are pioneer i believe)..the high's don't seem as clear and loud as they are in the cls..dont get me wrong i think the tsx has a great system, i just disagree on how its better than the cls's..the absence of a lot of bass seems to keep the highs a lot sharper and cleaner
Old 07-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

When I first heard the TSX sound system during my test drive, I was really impressed with it. Second time I heard it (at another dealership), the salesguy left us in a TSX with the engine off listening to a jazz CD and I was really NOT impressed. The highs weren't very clear. Now that I have a TSX, I'm impressed again. I'm an audio fan but not an audiophile (home system <$2k), but I like the TSX's stereo overall. Maybe I should pop in another jazz CD to test it out... it's been awhile.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Instructor

Exactly.. I can hear clearly in my old Bose 97 CL when turning the volumn up or down. You can hear the different tones clearly as well. The TSX's sound got distorted or disappear on high and low volunmn. I am looking for a clearer and sharper sound rather than a lound Bass, that's why I said my 97's Bose system is better than the TSx.

Originally Posted by robeaneee
i think the cl-s system is better than the tsx system, but probably for different reasons than you guys...first off, the bose system in my 03 cls is extremely clean and even when turned up full blast..there is no distortion in the trebles..i noticed that in the tsx, while there may be a lot more bass, it distorts when turned up high. this is similar to the accord's stock system (both are pioneer i believe)..the high's don't seem as clear and loud as they are in the cls..dont get me wrong i think the tsx has a great system, i just disagree on how its better than the cls's..the absence of a lot of bass seems to keep the highs a lot sharper and cleaner
Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Yeah.. I think Acura's quality is slipping that they subsitutes cheaper product in the new model VS the older one.
They used to use projection light on Integra.. Now is nothing..
heated mirror on my old 97 CL than TSX, even my CL has cheaper price and come with much nicer plastic cover under the hood.
Acura should not cut the corner if they want to be a truely "LUX" brand...

Originally Posted by kenbiddulph
I miss the older Acura speaker systems. The Vigor and 1st gen TL's had a true center channel with DSP with 2 midrange speakers, 2 tweeters, 2 6.5's and 2 6 x 9's

Only the RL and '04 TL can beat it.

As for the TSX, it is a good system.. not the best mind you but more than enough in the price range.

The RSX system SUCKS and I cannot think of one redeeming quality to it.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:55 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
bose is overrated.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Team Owner

I've got a Bose lifestyle system at home and I have to say that I'm very happy with it. I like the hideaway sub, the small twin cube satelites, and the compact and easy to use receiver. Don't know what a bose automobile system sounds like though.

Quick Reply: Why Cheaper Model RSX comes with Bose indash 6CD?