What's it take to get a new head unit to work with the Bose speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
*6MT*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's it take to get a new head unit to work with the Bose speakers?

Well, I just got my CL, and I have been doing audio for 3 years now. Both my Explorer, and my Durango had Infinity amps that had to be taken care of.

In both my last cars, I had aftermarket amplifiers installed, so there was no need to bypass factory amps, as the speaker wire from my head units were never even connected. (RCA's ftw)

I've never done work on anything with a Bose system, and at the moment, I do not have much time to install my aftermarket amps (eventually, I will be rewiring the whole car)

So my question is, (beside taking apart my center console).

What do i need to do to get an aftermarket head unit to work with the stock Bose system. I'm sure a wiring harness is available to make this work, i havent really explored it too much though.

(I will be doing all the work myself)

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Well, I just got my CL, and I have been doing audio for 3 years now. Both my Explorer, and my Durango had Infinity amps that had to be taken care of.

In both my last cars, I had aftermarket amplifiers installed, so there was no need to bypass factory amps, as the speaker wire from my head units were never even connected. (RCA's ftw)

I've never done work on anything with a Bose system, and at the moment, I do not have much time to install my aftermarket amps (eventually, I will be rewiring the whole car)

So my question is, (beside taking apart my center console).

What do i need to do to get an aftermarket head unit to work with the stock Bose system. I'm sure a wiring harness is available to make this work, i havent really explored it too much though.

(I will be doing all the work myself)

Thanks for your help.
This thread has all the info you need....

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/double-din-dash-kits-tl-cl-358673/

The short answer is that you'll need a harness, BOSE integration module and a steering wheel button interface to make everything peachy.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
*6MT*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by uncald4
This thread has all the info you need....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358673

The short answer is that you'll need a harness, BOSE integration module and a steering wheel button interface to make everything peachy.

Thanks for the quick response, doesnt seem too hard. I really like those D3's but I don't really need Navi.

Any recommendations for a good double din with all the features of the D3 without the navi? lol
Old 09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Absolutely. The Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD is a good unit. I also like the Kenwood DDX screens. The Pioneer would be my first pick though.