View Poll Results: what should i do w/ my ipods?
keep the ipod classic and hope either a) dice makes a new unit b)classic gets cracked
0%
sell classic and just use my fifth gen ipod?
100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

what should i do with my ipod classic!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:01 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question what should i do with my ipod classic!?

ok.. i have a problem. sigh. as always it seems!

i purchased the 160gig ipod classic as soon as i could.. esp after buying my dice electronic ipod kit. i figured man i can carry my whole library in my car, see text on the navi that i swapped and even the top part by the clock, and still maintain control of my ipod. However. it seems apple has changed there software. and now the ipod classic will either lock me out but still enable control via car and text visible on navi screen. however when it does this. it does not play where i left off. it always seems to jump to some random songs... odd.

see ipod locks up. says an accessory is attached.

toggle hold on

then off

menu + center button for 10 seconds

ipod will power down and in my case take like 2-3 mins to turn back on.

now you will have full control of your ipod.. but the text on the dice just seems lost. only showing what was there before the reset. or no info

see i or a passenger can pick a song!

or... should i just keep my fifth gen?

works flawlessly. just no space =/

or option 3)
i can switch back to my Acura Music Link.
and load up my tts again... and im sure it'll work with both. but i wont have control of the ipod. nor any text.. sigh which is all what i really want.

i still have my 30gig ipod around. in fact for a while i had only a few cds loaded on it and i could use it flawlessly with my dice kit.

i read up on the ipod forum almost everyday.. and til now they still havent even cracked up the colorful ipod nanos. (2nd gens)... which isn't giving up too much hope for the classics....

what would you do??
Old 10-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
5th gen + dice. The new 'pods are just too fresh, and I think apple's lack of caring about back compat with a billion dollars of ipod peripherals out there already is just a shame on cupertino.

I'd bet with time that 6th gen will get a firmware update (or a firmware hack) that will make it fully compatible with our "legacy" ipod products, but for the time being, the 5th gen works, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a larger 5th gen ipod than 30 gigs. I say return the classic and buy the 60 gig 5th gen. You can then sell your 30 gig ipod on ebay.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 AM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm isn't theres an 80 gig fifth
i also heard u could up the hd to 160gigs on a fifth. but found nothing on it on the forums..
thx for the input.. too late to return my classic now tho .. i'd have to sell elsewhere