TSX: What did I miss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM
SNAFU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did I miss?

Why is mercman banned? What happened? Does anyone have his home address...I was about to have a new cable made and now I don't know where to send the money.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably because there are some wanna be copycats out there bugging members who have the mercman harness. They are PMing everyone to open up their harness and tell them what's inside. That's just annoying.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
SNAFU

But why is he banned? Did he go off on someone? He seemed to be the most knowledgeable poster on here. The guy knows the 1G TSX audio inside and out.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
10th Gear

I got an email from Mercman since I purchased one of his harness's a while back... I don't understand why he got banned but he was saying it might be because those guys were complaining that he was selling stuff on here without paying the vendor fee's... I could totally understand that if he was making a huge profit off them but he was selling those harness's only by PM and didn't really advertise much about them other then that one thread. And he really didn't charge people much more then shipping and materials even though his workmanship on the harness is top notch. I don't really post a lot on here but I have been lurking around since I bought my TSX back in July '03 and he was probably one of the most knowledgable people on here when it comes to audio and will surely be a lost asset if he is to remained banned. Just my two cents on the deal...
Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Mercman was banned for selling to members without being an official vendor. It is a simple policy and is applied to ALL members, if you sell a product via the boards, you must be a vendor.

On an entirely separate note, I have no idea right now whats going on regarding mass PMs to users, but if there are any issues I'll investigate. To the best of my knowledge, mercman never 'hid' anything in any of the harnesses, including the one I owned and used for some time.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

Mr. Reach Moderator what about this tmcao55 member offering a $50 reward for anyone who will open their mercman harness.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by pgapeles
Mr. Reach Moderator what about this tmcao55 member offering a $50 reward for anyone who will open their mercman harness.

Not really selling anything.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Reach
Mercman was banned for selling to members without being an official vendor. It is a simple policy and is applied to ALL members, if you sell a product via the boards, you must be a vendor.

On an entirely separate note, I have no idea right now whats going on regarding mass PMs to users, but if there are any issues I'll investigate. To the best of my knowledge, mercman never 'hid' anything in any of the harnesses, including the one I owned and used for some time.
Before the thread "The correct way to bypass the TSX amp" was deleted, mercman admitted he had some compensation circuit in there that would allow him to run the extra length of cable without picking up noise.

Someone has already shown a picture of a passive components inside the RCA connector as well, also not mentioned in this thread.

In fact, the close-up of the RCA connection showed the inside with no passive component visible.

Clearly there were some steps left out, which is why everyone who tried to build their own had issues.

When asked for help, he just sent people taking measurements and rechecking their connections, while reminding people he makes harnesses.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Intermediate

There you go again with the blah blah blah. Fuess 2 the wanna be harness man.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Senior Moderator

OK, this is more than I thought. I really haven't been monitoring the threads, but I will check it now. I'll look into the end of that thread.

Also, I am going to repeat this, his earliest harnesses did NOT have 'compensation circuits' in them and still worked with with low levels of noise. No build has zero noise. Also, look into work done by others like CJams and Travis who use intermediaries devices like those by Audio Control, which can take balanced signals, amp them, perform crossover, and output signals of your choice.

I am going to lock this thread, this is more than enough discussion on the topic. No further topics on it please. Fuess / pga / whomever, feel free to start a new thread to share ideas and information on TSX audio builds.