Want to install this!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 05:30 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Want to install this!

I want to install the center monitor. Can anyone give me some info like model and cost.
Thankx in advance.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok there are two sperate monitors that will work 1 is the pioneer avx-7000 (replaced by the avx-7300 last year and the avx-7300 will not work i have tried already with no luck)...second monitor is the panasonic CQ-VA707W...i believe someone on the acura-cl page used this one...but either way there a some modifications you will have to make to both the unit and the dash...so my suggestion unless you are expirenced in this field either take it to a installer or simply replace the stock headunit with an after market screen/dvd player...
Old 01-22-2002, 04:46 AM
Banned

shawhite:
There are more that work than just panasonic and pioneer Just because they haven't been tried doesn't mean they don't work. In fact just about any of them work...albeit with a little cutting and/or drilling. Nothing an average audio shop couldn't do...alpine....clarion...etc etc etc.

Rusty:
There are quite a few different models. If you want a motorized screen...you have to ask yourself...do you want DVD? Or just CD? And do you want a screen with a control stick...or do you want a touchscreen? Go check out crutchfield.com and sounddomain.com to compare some. If you still can't find any good ones...I can give you some suggestions. But go do some research first.

Austin519
Old 01-22-2002, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

I am sure other screens will work but those are the two that have been proven to work and as far as the alpine i dont think it will work it is a little more complicated than the others to take apart...and it is not like you just take the dash apart and slide that unit in that and there you go...you have to take it apart some so it will fit...if i am correct i believe that you have 1 1/2 in at the most when you remove that little drawer....the units are 2 in that leaves 1/2in to make up for...so you have to desemble the unit a little....that is what i have learned for 1st hand expirence..and by the way as for any monitor fitting the pioneer avx-7300 will not fit period...i have tried it...it just doesnt work...and sure you could get anything to fit anywhere if you want to tear up a lot of **** in the process but i dont think to many people want to destroy there $30 car...just my opinion though....
Old 01-22-2002, 03:51 PM
10th Gear

Thankx a lot guys, those are great pointers.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Banned

shawhite:
"I am sure other screens will work but those are the two that have been proven to work and as far as the alpine i dont think it will work it is a little more complicated than the others to take apart"

That's true....the others are proven...and it is also true that the alpine is a WEE bit harder...but not much

"...and it is not like you just take the dash apart and slide that unit in that and there you go...you have to take it apart some so it will fit...if i am correct i believe that you have 1 1/2 in at the most when you remove that little drawer....the units are 2 in that leaves 1/2in to make up for...so you have to desemble the unit a little....that is what i have learned for 1st hand expirence..."

That's also true. Or you can just make the hole wider

"and by the way as for any monitor fitting the pioneer avx-7300 will not fit period...i have tried it...it just doesnt work...and sure you could get anything to fit anywhere if you want to tear up a lot of **** in the process but i dont think to many people want to destroy there $30 car...just my opinion though...."

Heh if it was a $30 car I'd destroy it Maybe not a $30k. Of course you have to know what you're doing before you do it shawhite...I'm just saying it can be done, and readily so, by people who are knowledgeable in installations.

Austin519
Old 01-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Like always austin519 you are right...i just wanted to inform rusty that this is not a easy task that just anyone could due...
Old 01-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Banned

shawhite:
I totally agree...and about my always being right Believe me I'm not...in fact take a look here:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...7&goto=newpost

Austin519