Very bad experience with "Sound Waves" in Parsippany, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Very bad experience with "Sound Waves" in Parsippany, NJ

Just thought I shpuld share an experience with you all.

I bought a sweet navi system for my 2G CL from a member.

Took it to "Sound Waves" to install it. The guys there were very friendly and the shop looked very professional and busy.

I was waiting for a call to come pickup my car with the new Navi installed. I did get a call, but to tell me that their tech dropped the navi system and broke it.

I went and saw them and they said they will get it repaired for me. Will take 10 days though. I expressed my frustration very gently and told them OK to get it repaired but I will not get it installed here anymore.

The owner hearing that put down the phone and asked me why won't I get it installed here anymore, to which I replied because you broke my radio and it was unprofessional. I was hoping for a Customre service apology and discount here but he instead argues me by asking me "Have you not ever dropped anything in your life". I gave him a couple of examples of how this effects my schedule and that I am busy. To this, he just left the room and went back on the phone.

So basically, my radio is now a repaired one, I have to wait another 10 days just to get it back, leave alone the time to get it installed and I got a lecture on how we should not get mad if someone drops my 1100 dollar system by mistake.

so now I am waiting for it to get back. I saw the radio and it was mashed. I hope it cannot be repaired and that they have to replace it.

Just thought I would share this with you and vent.

Last edited by dadalowg; 08-05-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

yikes, this sounds like its gonna get worse before it gets better. this is why u always take ur stuff to streeteffectz, even if he screws it up, he will work to make it right
Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Racer

When I used to have my Eclipse in Jersey, they did a great job on my installs. It's no custom StreetEffects job, but if you're on a budget, Sound Waves usually does a good job. Though it has been like 3/4 years since I've been there.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYZGREATST
yikes, this sounds like its gonna get worse before it gets better. this is why u always take ur stuff to streeteffectz, even if he screws it up, he will work to make it right

I spoke to streeteffectz and they were giving me the same price as these guys but were about 40 minutes away with more than a week for an appointment..

I think I will be going to them this time around.

Originally Posted by theElio
When I used to have my Eclipse in Jersey, they did a great job on my installs. It's no custom StreetEffects job, but if you're on a budget, Sound Waves usually does a good job. Though it has been like 3/4 years since I've been there.
They seem like a nice place and Hank there is an awesome guy. Shit happens but you need to have some CS etiquettes for a situation like this. I mean the dialog i got from the owner was ridiculous man...

A sincere "sorry" and an hour worth of labour discount would have been enough to save them my business (4 houts labour) and get more of mine when I get my system from Canada
Old 08-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^
exactly.....
provider should never argue with a customer if it's not customer's fault
stupid retard.....they should higher a manager
Old 08-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kyotousa
^^^
exactly.....
provider should never argue with a customer if it's not customer's fault
stupid retard.....they should higher a manager

True ,man..and thanks..
Old 08-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

Unfortunatly, you just unwittingly (being upset is ok, just think about this) threw your new deck into the twilight zone. By making your intentions of not letting them finish the install, they no longer have any motivation to make it right with you now. You may want to rethink how you handle the owner just to make sure your new deck gets replaced/repaired. Throw the idiot a bone or two just to make sure you see that deck again.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
i see your in jersey... if your anywhere near freehold ... bumper 2 bumper is a great place to go for installs... very fair prices, the installers are very good at what they do, and the guy there is very interested in catering to his customers to keep them coming back... good luck with getting your h/u back.. and i agree with duck97tl ... prob should've just b.s'ed the guy so he had some incentive to take care of you.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by duck97tl
Unfortunatly, you just unwittingly (being upset is ok, just think about this) threw your new deck into the twilight zone. By making your intentions of not letting them finish the install, they no longer have any motivation to make it right with you now. You may want to rethink how you handle the owner just to make sure your new deck gets replaced/repaired. Throw the idiot a bone or two just to make sure you see that deck again.

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
i see your in jersey... if your anywhere near freehold ... bumper 2 bumper is a great place to go for installs... very fair prices, the installers are very good at what they do, and the guy there is very interested in catering to his customers to keep them coming back... good luck with getting your h/u back.. and i agree with duck97tl ... prob should've just b.s'ed the guy so he had some incentive to take care of you.

I was thinking about the same thing. I was just pissed off about my broked radio and having to wait 10 more days to get it done. I guess it is going to cost them a lot more since now they have to have it replaced and fixed at their expense.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
man sorry to hear that... yes mistakes happen but that is what their business insurance is for... the dilemma is that now when they give you back your unit and it is 'fixed,' if you have any probs with it in the future, they may screw you since you did not get it installed at their location and they can then blame the installer... u may need to rethink your plan... talk to the guy and ask him if you can get a discount on the labor of the install..

otherwise i am in North NJ and am free everyday after 4:30 and on weekends... i can install it for you.. just let me know what unit you have...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
man sorry to hear that... yes mistakes happen but that is what their business insurance is for... the dilemma is that now when they give you back your unit and it is 'fixed,' if you have any probs with it in the future, they may screw you since you did not get it installed at their location and they can then blame the installer... u may need to rethink your plan... talk to the guy and ask him if you can get a discount on the labor of the install..

otherwise i am in North NJ and am free everyday after 4:30 and on weekends... i can install it for you.. just let me know what unit you have...
Thanks KaMLuNg. I spoke to them just now and this time the owner was very nice as well and apologized as well. They will give me a break on the labor (without asking) and will get me in for the install as soon as the unit comes back. It took a 2 days but I got the apology and the CS discount. Thats that...
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Advanced

It's either me or Street effectz that has permission to work on my car. If Ron broke your unit, he prolly would have replaced it with a new one not give you a life lecture.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by dadalowg
Thanks KaMLuNg. I spoke to them just now and this time the owner was very nice as well and apologized as well. They will give me a break on the labor (without asking) and will get me in for the install as soon as the unit comes back. It took a 2 days but I got the apology and the CS discount. Thats that...
good stuff.. keep us posted and make sure u get some pics up after its done...
Old 08-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dadalowg
Even if you don't go with their offer, they now have the motivation to get things right