USA Spec and Bass Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 01:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA Spec and Bass Question

I just recently bought the usa spec ipod converter for my 04' navi tsx. i also just upgraded th 6x9 speakers in the back to infinity kappa's hoping to get better bass than the old pioneers i had that were just about blown out. but i noticed that the bass has actually gotten worse, meaning the speakers dont hit as loud. so i tried putting in a CD which is what i was using before the ipod and the bass is 10 times better! has anyone else experience a loss of bass/volume when using the usa spec converter?? any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by marinersfaninmd
I just recently bought the usa spec ipod converter for my 04' navi tsx. i also just upgraded th 6x9 speakers in the back to infinity kappa's hoping to get better bass than the old pioneers i had that were just about blown out. but i noticed that the bass has actually gotten worse, meaning the speakers dont hit as loud. so i tried putting in a CD which is what i was using before the ipod and the bass is 10 times better! has anyone else experience a loss of bass/volume when using the usa spec converter?? any ideas how to correct this?

Thanks!
Go into your iPod settings and set the EQ to your liking. It sounds like it's on Bass Reducer or one of those lower bass settings. Has nothing to do with the iPod adapter but the iPod itself.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:52 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by uncald4
Go into your iPod settings and set the EQ to your liking. It sounds like it's on Bass Reducer or one of those lower bass settings. Has nothing to do with the iPod adapter but the iPod itself.
I have it set to Off, i had played around with the EQ on the IPOD, i set it to loudness and bass booster and it sounded horrible. the bass was effecting the music and vocals terribly.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by marinersfaninmd
I have it set to Off, i had played around with the EQ on the IPOD, i set it to loudness and bass booster and it sounded horrible. the bass was effecting the music and vocals terribly.
Hmm.... I've installed many USAspec, DICE, PAC and Peripheral iPod adapters and never seen one eat up the bass. I would recommend alling USAspec customer service. If it's an issue with the iPod kit they'll be the first to know.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still have a feeling uncald4 is correct in the first place. Try using an EQ setting. The stock HU already messes with the signals from CDs, its just not helping the case with the USA SPEC. I think I had mine set to 'Rock' and considered it more than acceptable.

Of course, there are a number of moving variables here, chiefly your poor decision to replace the rear 6x9s with no other mods. The stock amp sends a terrible quality signal to them in the first place, search to find out about it and even see an o-scope of it.

When I had my TSX, I had a clean full- signal going to an amp and sub, so of course I got great bass response from ipod or cd.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM
PennState

I am about to get a USA spec. Anyone confirm the fact that there is no loss of bass when using the ipod?