TSX - Tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005 | 07:14 PM
Instructor

TSX - Tweeters

Any recommendations for replacement Tweeters? Silk ofcourse.
Old 03-17-2005 | 07:29 PM
VP Electricity

Using the OEM locations? Get one with as low an xover freq as you can.

I suggest 2200-2500 Hz. 3500 is more common. The metal systems tend to use 4500 or so... and at that point I think you are far better off in the door than in the dash.
Old 03-17-2005 | 08:04 PM
Racer

I've got a set of MB Quart crossovers for sale, if you need them. 12dB/octave centered at 2.8khz
Old 03-18-2005 | 08:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elduderino
Using the OEM locations? Get one with as low an xover freq as you can.

I suggest 2200-2500 Hz. 3500 is more common. The metal systems tend to use 4500 or so... and at that point I think you are far better off in the door than in the dash.
YES, using the OEM locations. Any suggestions on what brand or brands to purchase?
Old 03-18-2005 | 12:03 PM
Instructor

Yea me too, Id like some suggestions, thinking components that fit easily in the stock locations.
Old 03-18-2005 | 12:44 PM
VP Electricity

BoS, you are asking about tweeters and you are asking (elsewhere) about 6x9 woofers on the oem amp. I'd like to suggest a more holistic system approach.

- Amp

- Front seperates (mid, tweet, passsive xover)

- 6x9 woofers

It would be nice if this were easier to upgrade a piece at a time, but it's not lending itself to that, unfortunately...

For front components, I like a/d/s/ and DLS and Morel and Dynaudio. I hear Rainbow and CDT are good and have not heard any in a while.

a/d/s/ 2-series would be good, I think - xover at 2200, lotta mid up front. Derrick likes his DLS a lot. Dynes are costly, unless your budget is bigger than I think, I'd put the money elsewhere (i.e., amp)

Focal is liked by many, and are good speakers, but I don't like them in the TSX personally - their tweeter off the glass sounds thin and dry to me. But many do like them. I'd put them in the door myself in this car.

BoS, do you have a budget settled yet?
Old 03-18-2005 | 01:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elduderino
BoS, you are asking about tweeters and you are asking (elsewhere) about 6x9 woofers on the oem amp. I'd like to suggest a more holistic system approach.

- Amp

- Front seperates (mid, tweet, passsive xover)

- 6x9 woofers

It would be nice if this were easier to upgrade a piece at a time, but it's not lending itself to that, unfortunately...

For front components, I like a/d/s/ and DLS and Morel and Dynaudio. I hear Rainbow and CDT are good and have not heard any in a while.

a/d/s/ 2-series would be good, I think - xover at 2200, lotta mid up front. Derrick likes his DLS a lot. Dynes are costly, unless your budget is bigger than I think, I'd put the money elsewhere (i.e., amp)

Focal is liked by many, and are good speakers, but I don't like them in the TSX personally - their tweeter off the glass sounds thin and dry to me. But many do like them. I'd put them in the door myself in this car.

BoS, do you have a budget settled yet?
Thanks for responding eldurerino. Basically, I'm looking to upgrade at a slow to moderate rate, starting with speakers first. I understand in order to power good speakers requires more power which good amps provide. I really don't have a budget yet. I trying to get a feel how I can upgrade the sound a little compared to stock sound with just replacing the speakers first, then later adding a amp. I would like to do the work by myself on a project basis which I understand is a learning process. From easiest to hardest. And input from you as an expert, I hold in high regards. I dont need to booming system, but I want to improve the quality of the stock sound with speaker improvements first.
I want to change to 2 rears and 2 tweets first, then move to the 4 door speakers then amp once I grasp more information by viewing this forum and your discussions with others.