tsx 06 - ipod link

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tsx 06 - ipod link

hi there,

i have a ipod nano, and bought a monster icarcharger cable, which has a aux audio outlet, and also bought a belkin 3.5mm male to male audio cable. when i connect everything into the aux port in handrest compartment, i'm able to hear the music.

however, for some reason, i'm only hearing the background music and the vocal of the singer is not clear.. am i missing something here?

thanks for the help!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:30 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
What if you go straight from the nano HP output to the input of the car with the Belkin? Same deal?
Old 09-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I know exactly whats going on.

The Beklin cable you bought has too large of a grip. Part of the grip has to go in as well (look closely at the aux input jack). Being that the grip is too large, it does not allow the metal male jack to fit all the way in. Your only getting one of the black circles to catch. You need to get another cable from radio shack/circuit city, a plain black cheap one with a thinner grip on it. This will solve your problem.

I went through the exact same problem with the beklin cable, it took me 3 weeks to realize this. The aux input in the TSX is counter-sunk between a plastic surrounding, this plastic surrounding is too narrow for the beklin grip to fit into. A rather stupid design because you cant use any good quality cable like Monster to fit. The only cables that will fit are the cheap $1 ones.

Good Luck
Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jazzyguy

I went through the exact same problem with the beklin cable, it took me 3 weeks to realize this.
Tell me you weren't listening for three weeks
Old 09-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzyguy
I know exactly whats going on.

The Beklin cable you bought has too large of a grip. Part of the grip has to go in as well (look closely at the aux input jack). Being that the grip is too large, it does not allow the metal male jack to fit all the way in. Your only getting one of the black circles to catch. You need to get another cable from radio shack/circuit city, a plain black cheap one with a thinner grip on it. This will solve your problem.

I went through the exact same problem with the beklin cable, it took me 3 weeks to realize this. The aux input in the TSX is counter-sunk between a plastic surrounding, this plastic surrounding is too narrow for the beklin grip to fit into. A rather stupid design because you cant use any good quality cable like Monster to fit. The only cables that will fit are the cheap $1 ones.

Good Luck
Thanks JazzyGuy! That's exactly what happened. I went to radioshack and purchased a generic brand audio cable and it works perfect!