time to bump southbound's terminator mod back into view

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
time to bump southbound's terminator mod back into view

So anyway, where's southbound nowadays? I think in the last post, iggy replied. nice to see you're still somewhat around

anyway, I was looking through the links that Rusky found and this link sort of piqued my interest again

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41406

.. now I did a search for a zobel network and I came across this calculator thing
http://www.selectproducts.com/calculator_zobel.html

I'm not exactly getting how this relates to the components that we have at hand for southbound's mod

.05uF/1kv ceramic disc cap in series with a 100ohm/1watt resistor

which also brings up the other issue. after sitting on this stuff for 2 years, I think I've finally gotten to installing one of these on my rear focal 130mm coaxial .. can't say that I can hear that much of a difference... I 'think' things are a little clearer .. but then thats probably just me thinking ... anyway, besides the point, if these guys have a zobel network calculator that is dependent on ohms and frequency, wouldn't I want different values for my cap and resistor if I hook it up to say, a 6 or 8 ohm speaker instead of a 4?

I tried to dig deep into the old posts to find this out but either I didnt get far enough or I got overwhelmed by the many other southbound posts out there .. (nice trip down memory lane tho ) So if anyone could clear up my questions, it'd be greatly appreciated!