Subwoofers Stolen!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofers Stolen!!!!

I can't believe it, I got up this morning and noticed that my car was broken into and then, to make matters worst, I turned on my radio and it quickly became apparent that my subs were gone. I had just got them installed the day before. Does anybody know any techniques on bolting down subwoofers so they can't be stolen? I was considering cutting some holes in the carpet and having someone weld chains to the car and padlock the subs down, but that sounds expensive and I don't want some idiot who says he knows what hes doing, but really doesn't, starting my car on fire.

P.S.: If anyone around the San Francisco Area sees anybody selling 2 12" Polk Momo subs with an MTX amp screwed into the box let me know where you saw them so I can go down there and kick their A$$.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear it. Did you have the sub/amp box bolted in? Did they unscrew it or just break it out?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
My baby's daddy

Sorry to hear abut that. That sucks!

I once heard about a local best buy (in WI) where the car stereo sales boys would tell their buddies the address where the person who bought the system lived, what was in it, sometimes even where the alarm bypass was. Some people deserve to be beaten to near death. Death would be too easy
Old 08-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

did u have an alarm? if you didnt i dont feel sorry for ya man. if ya did then im sorry to hear that. it sucks when shit like that happens. the first thing i got on my baby was a pager alarm with battery backup siren and air horns. its a real attention getter when it goes off.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by Rusky

I once heard about a local best buy (in WI) where the car stereo sales boys would tell their buddies the ....

ya know what, that sounds like a familiar scenario. my cousin got his mtx 8000 subs, alpine tv and infinity components installe dat circuit city. the same night, they were all stolen from his car.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:02 AM
Instructor

i live in the bay as well, you might wanna check http://craigslist.com because i bought subs off of there and when i got them, the wire connected to the sub was welded, but at the end of the wire, u can tell that the wire was cut, so i assume they were stolen. if you find your system up for sale on craigslist, tell them you will buy it and go with a fake police badge... or a gun.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Pro

Use several different screws for your box and fill them with super glue or cement. That will make it a lot harder to remove the box from your car. Thats what one person did. He used Philip, Flat-Head, Torx, Alan, anything he could use to slow down a theif. Then filled the screw heads with something hard like super glue or cement.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tumas
i live in the bay as well, you might wanna check http://craigslist.com because i bought subs off of there and when i got them, the wire connected to the sub was welded, but at the end of the wire, u can tell that the wire was cut, so i assume they were stolen. .

yes, through craigslist i have found some CHEAP ass equipment, and it was quite obvious from talking to the guy that he just jacked shit and sold it for cheap.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:42 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by Chet03TL-S
Use several different screws for your box and fill them with super glue or cement. That will make it a lot harder to remove the box from your car. Thats what one person did. He used Philip, Flat-Head, Torx, Alan, anything he could use to slow down a theif. Then filled the screw heads with something hard like super glue or cement.
what happens when you want to take em out tho?!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro

You can get them out its just a b!tch to do. Nothing will stop a thief but you can signficantly slow them down.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Banned

sorry to hear it dude. when i purchased my 02 tl i didnt have the dough to install my stereo. so i lent it to my bro. wake up one morn to find out it was stolen out of his ls 400 lexus. i feel your pain i had a d7 diamond audio amp, two 1000w 12in. fosgates, box, cross over, and wiring stolen!!!!!!!! fuck... it still makes me sad...sorry homie
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

those who stole your subs are prolly those who installed them...
Old 08-31-2004, 12:11 AM
WDP Is Faster

yea..it sounds too good to be true that someone happened to steal it.

I say you go buy couple of weapons..then tell the same place to fuckin install it again..this time you get all your buddies to wait in a van. When they come..surround them..and threaten their ass while calling the cops. Do it American History X style..put your fuckin mouth on the curb bitch!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Racer

Is it wrong that I've been trying to work out in my head how to design a sub box that explodes if moved more than 10 ft from my car? More realistically I thought itd be cool to get one of those tracking transmitters, hide it on the amp / box somewhere, and if set it up to broadcast if removed from the car.

Its not about crime prevention, it's about beating the s**t out of the people who jack them...
Old 09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Racer

i feel ya

Originally Posted by tpatel
ya know what, that sounds like a familiar scenario. my cousin got his mtx 8000 subs, alpine tv and infinity components installe dat circuit city. the same night, they were all stolen from his car.
That is why you never give out your real address and fone number. I learn that from a shop down in Sd call PANN auto. They do the installations and who to better to steal you stuff then the people that install the shit right? SOrry bout that man.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Originally Posted by @cUr@-TL
those who stole your subs are prolly those who installed them...
Maybe he "prolly" stole them himself.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Cruisin'

Revenge is mine!!! At least I think it is.

I feel like I belong in an action movie with what I did this morning. I just replaced the stolen subs yesterday and I went around showing them off to everybody that knew I had the subwoofers that got stolen. Then I parked in front of my house and took the subs out of my car and sat in front of my living room window until about 4:15 AM when these 3 stoner f*cks, who hang out with one of my friends, rolled up in a van and started to pick my lock with something that looked like a key. It took them about 15 minutes to get the door open (I'm surprised the alarm didn't go off). I was nervous and I didn't want to run out there, because there was 3 of them and I didn't want to get my ass kicked, so I waited to see how far they would get, but once they got into the trunk I was out the door. I heard one guy said "Where is it?" and the next thing he know's I'm running straight at him and my size 15 shoe makes contact with his face. Another one of the guys was leaning in the trunk, so I threw him in and closed the lid and then I got in a fist fight with the third guy, who I beat the crap out of. I thought about doing that American History X thing, but honestly that's a little more hardcore then I wanted to get, I just wanted my revenge. The guy who I kicked in the face got a few cheap shots in, and tripped me twice, but when I picked up his friend and threw him like a ragdoll on the concrete and then started walking towards him (the guy I kicked in the face), he ran off and left his friends behind. Then I threw the guy that I beat the sh*t out of into the van they came in and then got the guy out of my trunk. He started kicking, so I grabbed him by the feet and dragged him out of the trunk and he fell about 3 feet onto the cement and just lied there. I kicked him a few times and asked him where my old subs were and he said that he didn't have any idea about what I was talking about. I don't believe him, but it is possible that somebody else took them, so I'm not sure if I got my revenge or not, but at least I protected my car from the scum of the earth for 1 night. After this, I put my hand around his neck and I told him that I know where he lives, I know where he likes to hang out, I know people who know how to find him if I can't, and I know the cops might be interested in the video tape I took of him breaking into my car, especially since I know he's still on probation for stealing out of another car about a half mile away. And then I said that I know all the same info about the people he came with. I told him that if my car ever gets broken into again, regardless of what's taken or who did it, I'm coming back for him and his friends and then I'll give the cops the video and tell them exactly where to find them. I've been trying to get into contact with the friend of mine that hangs out with these dudes. I want to find out exactly what he told them and why he told them this, but he's not home and he's not answering his phone. All I hope is that they don't come back, because I don't want to have to do this again. My ego is pretty big right now, because I won a fight against 3 people without the use of any weapons and I walked away with only a couple bruises, some blood on my clothes (most of it wasn't mine though), a bloody nose, and a slight limp, but I know that these guys might have some friends looking for me now and for all I know, I could be at war with these guys (I hope not). I'm hoping it doesn't get any worst then it already is, but so far it could have been a lot worst if these guys weren't p*ssies. Luckily for me, I believe the rest of their friends are cowards too, I could be wrong though.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Banned

good job....i would tell that fucker that if he doesn't give back the original audio equipment, that video is going to the police.....wether or not he stole it, he fucked up and owes u, so mabye he's gonna wanna give u what u want so that he don't go to the slammer...that way u can sell it on here and get a better alarm!!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREAT JOB!!!!! I would get a BB Gun and start shooting at them. Leave a bat lying around for safe keeping. Find those guys and get back your subs you lost. Make them find out who took them or the tape goes to the Police.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro

I guess the alarm didnt go off cause they turned off the alarm when they picked the door lock. Aftermarket alarm!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:31 PM
My baby's daddy

congrats man! Way to represent. I hate to condone violence but I wish I could have opened up whoop ass on the f-er that stole my stereo a couple years ago.

What a drag that people like that are alive...
Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM
All Hail the Chief

Great job!

I see we think alot alike! Pretty balsy taking on three guys. If that were me, I'd most likely ambush them with my .22 cal , definitely shots into their car, and maybe a couple at their legs. I'd like to see how they explain that to the cops, "uh, we were trying to break into somebody's car, and the guy came out blasting". If I do go to jail, I'm going with a big a$$ grin on my face!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn good job! Me and a friend of mine almost took on 4 kids the other day, ya know the white ones that think they're black? Yeah, some of them. They kept staring my friend ryan down, and he walked straight up to the kid, right in his face and just asked him to fight right there on the spot. The kid refused, then proceeded to call down 4 more of his friends and just hang out and avoid us.

Good luck with keeping the subs in your car though, try screwing them down with weird stuff, like a couple philips heads, couple flat, couple bolts, couple torx screws (the funny little star ones). They'll get in there and not know what the hell to do with it all.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

its cool that you did that and all...
but this is in front of YOUR house?? i would be scared. who knows what htey would do to your house in the middle of the night, or your or your family for that matter..
good luck though.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:19 PM
All go, no show

Good job taking care of business. It's a good thing the '99 TL doesn't have the emergency release in the trunk... it would've been funny to drive around for a while with the dude in the trunk.. hahaha
Old 09-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Instructor

mad props
Old 09-14-2004, 03:13 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

You have one hell of an un-believable story... sorry to hear about your first pair of subs... but i'm glad you atleast got to kick their ass... I wish i could have done some ass kicking when my stereo got jacked... it was an $80 stereo from Sears... the Aiwa... but hell i had just started working and it was half my paycheck... so i was pissed... i was only 17... thing is... it was jacked in front of Home Depot at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon... they broke my passanger window... didn't open the door, smart f#&%ers, stock alarm... what kind of shit is that... now, luckly they didn't see my 9mm under my driver seat or my subs... 2 12" audiobahns... linear comp... and 1 10" linear comp... and 1400 watt amp... insurance ended up giving me a crappy pioneer... burned the outputs in about 5 months... oh... and Full Coverage... its the best... anything that is part of the car... is covered...

TIP: to screw down your subs... most people use a flat phillips screw driver that everyone will have access to and some L shaped metal brakets... ... ... Try "L" bolts that you need "L" wrenches... they are a lot better... i got my box screwed down w/ L's and it takes me a while to unscrew... 15... 20 min... at the least... ... if you wan't to get tech-y on it... go to home depot lol... buy an alarm before you go... and buy yourself a long alumanamanam... ... about two inches wide, a quarter or less of an inch thick... and about a yard in length... some L wrench bolts and some screws... you should kinda know the rest... have fun... should cost you about or less then $20 bucks...
Old 09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what the fuck happened to the dude in the trunk. OMG i hope you didnt forget him
Anyway man, good shit. I had to attack 3 guys once when they tried to mug my mom for her garden equipment. You gotta love the look on 3 assholes faces when a moxberg is pointed in their face.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
moxberg? gun?
Old 09-15-2004, 09:48 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
shot gun
Old 09-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Still sluggin' it out

I would have opened fire from my window as soon as they rolled up in front of my house and started f'ing w my car To hell w seeing what they're gonna do; by then, something's usually already screwed up
Old 09-18-2004, 03:16 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

You sould have left the guy in the trunk and called the cops.... that would have been amazing.

"hello, 911"
"ya, I caught three guys breaking into my car and I threw one of them in the trunk and I would like you guys to come get him."
"uh, pardon?"
"nope, you heard me right, he's in my trunk now. You want to come get him or should I drive him in?"
"We're on the way..."

Now to addres the box mounting question, the key is security screws..I'll explain

- Find a place in the bottom of your trunk you can either weld a bracket to or drill through the trunk and have a washer and nut (with silicon to seal it) on the bottom. WATCH OUT FOR THE GAS TANK.

- I reccomend at least two mounting points on the bottom.

- Take the speaker(s) out of the box.

- Place your box in your trunk where you want it.

- Mark the box on the bottom to match up with your mounting points

- Drill holes in the box

- Mount the box to the trunk - using round headed bolts on the bottom with a lock washer
- and a nut on the inside of the box

- Then place the speakers back on the box

- Use security screws to mount the speakers onto the box.

- Security screws come in a few dirrerent forms; snake-eyes (two holes), torque with a pin in the center, allen with a pin in the center and another one I can't think of.
You will find them used in a variety of places from elevator button panels to public washrooms holding the stalls together.

- some security screwdrivers and bits are close to impossible to buy, some are sold for small electronics, ie. cell phones

- There are ways of getting around some security screws, ie. take a small driver and knock the pin out of the center of the torques and allen key one, making a regular torques or allen key work. Is is very hard to instantly remove a snake eye's screw, if you knew snake eyes were used it would be easier to prepare, but if you came apon a snake eye's screw while trying to steal a system and you hadn't prepared, you'd be screwed or breaking the speakers to get them out.

-Now to make your own snake-eye screw driver, take a regular slot (flat) screw driver and cut the center out with a hack saw or ideally a band saw. This will make this flat screw driver work in a snake-eyes security screw, and co-incidently will be the only screw driver that will install and remove your speaker if you use snake eyes screws.

- To get snake-eye's screws.......If you know anyone that works in the field of building construction, ask them to check if they can either get a few for you from the elevator guys or fire alarm guys. Or maybe they could get you a supplier, even though they are usually very srtict on who the suppliers sell to when it comes to security equiptment, you have to be registered. Otherwise any "regular-joe" could open up elevator panels and start screwin' with the wires.

In closing to this blablabla (sorry if I rambled)
If some one breaks into your trunk and you have a bunch of different screws on your speaker it will not stop them from taking it, they do come prepared for all the standard screws. If they see your box is mounted from the inside of the box they first see if they can unbolt it from the bottom of the car, sorry it's a blank round bolt (bought rounded, not rounded yourself). Second they will try to take the speaker off to get to the bolt inside the box and see that your speaker (and amps by the way) are mounted to the box with these funky snake eye's screws, a flat screw head with two small circular holes in it.... no way around that. they are screwed...... and taken a ton of time by this point...
Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 AM
NorCal you Beezy!

I live in SF where did you park your ride?... My homie put a pad lock on his box and used a cable to secure in his trunk...pretty smart can't see the cable or pad lock... might help!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Banned

violence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it
Old 09-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Banned

NOt to be rude, but park your beautiful acuras in a garage

This sucks, now i am second guessing if i should get subs.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Still sluggin' it out

Everyone is being ridiculous...if you want subs, get subs. Just be cautious. Don't go blaring them in front of everyone all the time. Don't open your trunk to show people what you have...it's about being smart with your shit. You're getting them for you, not everyone else
Old 09-25-2004, 02:37 PM
All go, no show

Originally Posted by Ianbiz3
NOt to be rude, but park your beautiful acuras in a garage

This sucks, now i am second guessing if i should get subs.
Aren't you the dude over at Acurainspired?

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94129
Old 09-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
Aren't you the dude over at Acurainspired?

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94129
I read what happend... kinda sad... but funny... and also, feel the pain... ... ...
Old 09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
My baby's daddy

Thanx residual, you simultaneously told everyone how to better secure our subs and how to rip them off! Great.

Advice from an old fkr... don't show your subs off. You will NOT get chicks that way but you will attract the attention of the would be thief (if you are a chick, do you want to be wanted for your bottom end or your 'bottom end'?. Don't put JL Audio stickers on your car. Don't crank your bass near your house (Your neighbors will hate you and might tell the would be thief to come get em). Don't work on your system (install, tweak, etc) in plain site in your driveway (that's how mine got stolen). Do fasten the equipment down in an inconvenient way. But the most important thing, DO get subs. You owe it to yourself if you enjoy that sort of thing. I know i do.