StreetEffectz & Slick: NEED YOUR HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2000, 04:28 AM

Question StreetEffectz & Slick: NEED YOUR HELP

Hey guys,
I've got a new 2000 TL and I was thinking about installing a TV. StreetEffectz, I saw the pix you posted and your shit looks ILL!!! I was wondering if you could give me some tips on where to get started. You seem to be the resident expert.

Slick, I saw the pix you posted of that Kenwood unit. How's that working out for you? Any regrets?

Do you guys get a good reception? Where would you install a VCR? What about a playstation?

Do you even think it's worth all the money and effort? I live in Jersey but go to school in Pittsburgh. I would be nice to have a movie running during the 6 hour drive home.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2000, 07:58 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Where to get started....well, where do you want the TV(s)...do you want an in-dash, a set-up like I have, or both? My playstation is mounted behind the skipass (well, no behind it, you see it when the armrest is down) and my DVD is flush mounted into the rear armrest. You could also mount playstation on the floor between the front and rear seats and if you get the PS1 (the tiny playstation) you can put it in the rear armrest too or the glove compartment. I do all the installations on that stuff so if you are interested, let me know. Or, if you have someone in mind to do it, I can give you advice/recommendations, no problem.
Old 10-12-2000, 10:10 AM

Cool

StreetEffectz,
Thank for the start. But I was hoping you could tell me what type of monitors to look at. I really don't know what manufacturers make these monitors. All that wiring must have been a pain in the ass. How does all the extra weight affect your performance? What do you think of Slick's Kenwood unit? If i had the money, I would want to do something like yours, but that shit must have cost you a fortune. An indash unit seems the most affordable. Does your TV tuner require you to install an antenna? Sorry to bug you with all this shit, but I'm a novice and have no clue where to start. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2000, 12:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An in-dash pop out is less expensive than getting... say, your headrests done. But not by much, depending on the pop out of course.

I believe StreetEffectz uses Santeca monitors.

------------------
Inspire wheel, 10" Alumapro sub, ZX400 Phoenix Gold amp, Python 1500 ESP alarm (remote start, sunroof, all windows up & down, prox, etc), burlwood dash kit and shift knob, factory spoiler.
------------------
Old 10-12-2000, 01:07 PM
Banned

Yes, I do use mostly Santeca monitors, but I can get alpine, pioneer, panasonic, accel vision, rosen, and most any other type of monitor offered. The wires aren't that big of a deal really....of course, I have been doing it for quite some time now and I take out all the seats in the car to do them RIGHT (well, for headrest monitors anyway). I like the kenwood unit, but personally -prefer the Alpine CVA-1005 or the IVA-800 or the Clarion (I don't know the model # off hand).

As far as performance of the car.....there really isn't that much added weight except for the subwoofer enclosure. I not into performance like I used to be...more into, well, audio/video and appearance of the car now. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a supercharger or nitrous or something like that!
Old 10-12-2000, 01:10 PM
Banned

By the way, as far as the TV tuner...depending on where you live it may be a waste of time if broadcast signals are low. As for the antenna, yes, you do mount an antenna, it's called a "diversity" antenna and outlines you back window, side windows (non operational windows) around your trunk lid (all on the inside of the car, and you can use any of these locations, windows being the best spot).
Old 10-12-2000, 03:09 PM

Cool

Hey,
Did you have to by-pass the wiring for you parking break. I heard you can't use TV tuners unless you have your parking break on. I assume it would be easy on a manual, but on an automatic, it might be harder. How you deal with that?
Old 10-12-2000, 06:40 PM
Banned

I dont have a TV tuner cuz I live in NJ and the reception sucks. I have DVD, VCR, and playstation. BUT, any tuner that comes with a safety circuit, just jumper it out, real simple.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:26 PM
BDI
Banned

CMU-Acura:Yo wassup....you in paramus?? I live in rockland(Chestnut Ridge)probably 5 mins from u....anywayz if your gonna get your shit done, get it done by streeteffectz(can we say plug??). His work is definetly official.

------------------
1999 Navi/Satin Silver/Ebony/Comptech Sport Suspension/Comptech Axle-back Exhaust/Factory Underbody Kit/Wings West Flush mount spoiler/Weapon-R Intake/Super-White Highs/Polarg Turn Signals/Burlwood Shift Knob/Black Chrome Emblem Kit/Custom Grille, more to come...
Old 10-17-2000, 12:47 AM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

Wussup CMU Acura. BDI is right his work is off the hook, and his prices are great as well. so if your thinkin of doing anything definatly talk to him. i am speaking from experience and seeing his work..

------------------
99 TL,SATIN SILVER EXT.,EBONY INT.,UNDERBODY KIT, HEADLIGHT FINISHERS, INSPIRE TAILS, PIAA 1700X FOGS,17IN BBS RK, GUTTER GUARD GRILL, WORKING ON PERFORMANCE MODS., AUDIO SOON TO COME
Old 10-17-2000, 03:36 AM

Cool

HEY, VICNYC_TL, you gonna camp out in front of yankee stadium to get subway series tix? I'm driving back home to get some...gotta see the yanks f*ck up the mets!!!!

GO YANKEES...

But getting back on the topic, No doubt...His shit looks tight...I'm still looking around for what to do, but StreetEffectz is my first choice...
Old 10-17-2000, 02:53 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

Originally posted by CMU-Acura:
HEY, VICNYC_TL, you gonna camp out in front of yankee stadium to get subway series tix? I'm driving back home to get some...gotta see the yanks f*ck up the mets!!!!

GO YANKEES...

But getting back on the topic, No doubt...His shit looks tight...I'm still looking around for what to do, but StreetEffectz is my first choice...
CMU-ACURA no need to camp out i work for the press and Yankees Statuim is in our backyard.lol i was there last year when they won, it was off the hook. they will take for sure GO YANKEES!!!! METS GONNA LOSE

kool, his car is tight and talking to him first is a good choice...

------------------
99 TL,SATIN SILVER EXT.,EBONY INT.,UNDERBODY KIT, HEADLIGHT FINISHERS, INSPIRE TAILS, PIAA 1700X FOGS,17IN BBS RK, GUTTER GUARD GRILL, WORKING ON PERFORMANCE MODS., AUDIO SOON TO COME

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-17-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 10-17-2000, 06:53 PM

Yanks are goin' down!

GO M'S!!!!!!!!!!!! "Who let the dawgs out?!"
Old 10-17-2000, 10:36 PM
Safety Car

Oh shit!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Nate on 10-18-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 10-17-2000, 11:19 PM

Thumbs down

M's?....hahaha....

M's = pretenders
Yanks = contenders

I think David Justice did all the talking i need to do...

Looks likes A-Rod wants to get out of Seattle and come play for a NY team....

Yankees going to win their fourth world series in five years...nuff said....

"Start spreading da news...Subway Series!!!"
Old 10-18-2000, 08:26 AM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

that right!! SUBWAY SERIES and those trains belong to the BRONX BOMBERS!!! Com'on Mets are no comp for the Yanks

CMU_ACURA was that game last night or what!

M's?....hahaha....

M's = pretenders
Yanks = contenders

I think David Justice did all the talking i need to do...

Looks likes A-Rod wants to get out of Seattle and come play for a NY team....

Yankees going to win their fourth world series in five years...nuff said....

"Start spreading da news...Subway Series!!!"
------------------

&lt;FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-18-2000 @ ]&lt;/font&gt;

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-18-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 10-18-2000, 04:57 PM

Cool

VICNYC_TL,

you got any extra tix for any of the games?

i called today at 9am and they were all sold out for every game at yankees stadium.

i know madd heads who would be willing to made a sizable donation for tickets.

they are selling tix on saturday for games at shea...but that stadium is whacked...

so if you got any extra tix, i hope you'll consider me as one of the first choice as to who you're going to seel them to...thanks...

cmu_acura
Old 10-18-2000, 09:11 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

VICNYC_TL,

you got any extra tix for any of the games?

i called today at 9am and they were all sold out for every game at yankees stadium.

i know madd heads who would be willing to made a sizable donation for tickets.

they are selling tix on saturday for games at shea...but that stadium is whacked...

so if you got any extra tix, i hope you'll consider me as one of the first choice as to who you're going to seel them to...thanks...

cmu_acura

Sorry CMU-ACURA its hard for me to get seat tickets,i don;t even think there are any avalible. My station usually get press passes, but its mainly for staff. I agree Shea is wack! But to see the bombers kick ass i would go to Shea. But to if you wanna go to Shea call a ticketmaster out of state for the tickets, b/c all the NYC ticketmaster are gonna be off the hook. You still gotta chance to camp out if we go to games 6 and 7. i know i am thinking about it. but since i am sure the Yanks are gonna kick the Mets asses, games 6 and 7 well those will be a figment of the teams and thier fans imagination.

------------------

&lt;FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial"&gt;[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-18-2000 @ ]&lt;/font&gt;

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by VICNYC_TL on 10-18-2000 @ ]</font>
Old 10-20-2000, 02:47 AM

If you are close enough to New York, then the ONLY option on a new TL is to take it to Mike Mineo at Brooklyn's Best Audio. Mike has has video in his car since 1988! His present install includes touch screen computer presentation and no less than 20 motorized parts that operate in sync with the presentation. He has staged at every major show, finished in the top 5 at masters, and has consistently been named in the top 20 installers in the country. He costs, but, if you are going to do it, do it RIGHT!