Stealth sub?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Stealth sub?

Now that my doors are done with an amp installed and the EQ bypass I'm looking to tighten up the bass a bit.

Does anyone know what the frequency response is for the stock sub? I'm asking because I'm thinking of the Kicker RMB-8 that DRCOOKIE did, but the RMB's are a mid woofer and I'm looking for the best sub range to fit in the factory loaction. A local audio guy told me he could build a box that would fit under the deck and still keep the torsion bars in tact. Is he full of crap?

Thanks,
Iggster
Old 06-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not going to say that the installer is full of crap but I think it is highly unlikely. If he is able to build a box AND not interfere with the torsion bars or hack the rear deck, that is truly impressive.

I wanted a sub and didn't want to lose any/much space. I am putting a 12" sub in the drivers side of my trunk. It really doesn't take up much room and will look pretty stock.

I am using the Kicker RMB8s for midbasses in the front doors. I bought an Illusion Audio ND-12 which is a very shallow sub. Some true 8" subs to look at include the Illusion Audio ND-8 (great SQ), Morel USA WR8 (supposedly good), Morel Israel HCW8 (supposedly great), or one of the Morel, Vifa, Scanspeak home drivers that you can get from www.partsexpress.com or www.madisound.com.

David