Speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speakers?

Hey all, I am slowly buying new stareo equipment for my car and was wondering what people thought would be good speakers for the front and back. I currently have a kenwood amp and a 10in JCL sub for the trunk. I was thinking about components for the front doors and co-acles for the back.... anyone know a good set that would go well with the sub and amp... the kenwood amp is a 4 channel... don't remember the wats.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Intermediate

CDT, the higher grade you can afford. I installed CL-61 in my dad's 03 TL and the sound is fabulous, and I just got HD-62 for my own car and they blow my mind. one big notch over the classic serie, but twice as expensive (but sound like twice as expensive other brands...) If you are on a budget but do not want to change speaker later, I suggest you the CL-62. they sound a bit better than the 61, and can handle more power, speacially usefull to bring the bass upfront. in the back, keep the stock ones, powered by the head unit. rearfill is useless IMO when you have great sound in the front.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Ok I have no clue when it comes to speakers.... what is a CL-62, who makes them? Please be more descriptive
Old 10-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
CDT Audio.

Check out www.thezeb.com for details on their products. I have them as well and they rock.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:17 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mkeevil
Ok I have no clue when it comes to speakers.... what is a CL-62, who makes them? Please be more descriptive

all the speaker I listed are made by CDT audio. this is a small speaker manufacturer that is growing now, and according to some local dealer that are working to carry them, price will almost double in the next one or two years. back in the early 90s, they were manufacturing speaker exclusivey for Cliff design, before they bankrupted (or something like that). they are an amazing deal right now on the internet, and I can refer you to people who distribute them (fully authorized dealers) for even cheaper. I breaked the back to get some HD-62 because I had a deal on them, and I know that if I want to get speaker that sound like that, i'll have to pay 50-100% more in one year.

the CL, classic serie, are the entry-level speakers from CDT. the CL-61 is a 6.5- 0.75 tweeter component system, rated at 90w rms. the CL-62 is a 6½-1.0 tweeter component system, rated at 150w rms. this set use different woofer, and different tweeter, and is not that much more expensive. one of the best deal you can get today. The HD, high definition serie, is the mid level, and is almost twice a much expensive as the CL, but is in another world of speaker. hi fidelity (almost flat response), very detailled, and what is the strongness of CDT, incredible imaging (CL already offer an imaging much better than most others big brands). The HD-62 is a 6½-1.0 tweeter component system. it use the same tweeter as the CL-62, but different woofer, and different crossovers. the ES, eurosport serie, is the competition serie and is head and shoulder above about anything on the market, point.

Another killer deal right now, if you need an amp (i mean, you need one to drive component system, and you'll want one if you don't already have one), you can get an Elemental design Combo. the EDi 6500cs IS an CDT hd-62 component system, and you can get them alone for 250$, or with an amp for 380 or 425$ (ED nine.2 amp, 100wrms x2 @4ohm)
according to other car audio enthusiasit on another forum, this is the deal right now
Old 10-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mkeevil
Hey all, I am slowly buying new stareo equipment for my car and was wondering what people thought would be good speakers for the front and back. I currently have a kenwood amp and a 10in JCL sub for the trunk. I was thinking about components for the front doors and co-acles for the back.... anyone know a good set that would go well with the sub and amp... the kenwood amp is a 4 channel... don't remember the wats.

What is JCL, I've heard of JBL, JL Audio, but not JCL.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Advanced

Trying to try to fast... I have a JL sub.