Speaker rewiring theory...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker rewiring theory...

I installed my old Clarion VRX925vd, that's been in my closet for the past two years, yesterday and the sound is terrible. I knew it was gonna be loud but its not only very very loud but also just plain old terrible. I know that this is caused by the bose amp receiving an amplified signal so then i started thinking of solutions. Best solution is new amp and new speakers all around but i dont want to spend that much money. My solution is going to be new speakers and bypassing the bose amp all together. I know that head units put out about -10 watts per channel but i'm sure if i stick a decent set of speakers all around and hook it straight up to my high level outputs on my deck it will still sound better than it does now. Now here is where my theory comes in. I guess you could say i like to do thing the easiest/fastest/most productive way possible so i thought of how to run the wires. Then i thought that its already done. On the bose amp harness you have the inputs coming into the amp from the dash/radio and the outputs going to the four main speakers. My theory is that if you just cut the plug that goes into the amp and tie the respective wires together i.e. front left + from the dash/radio and front left + to speaker so on and so forth you wouldnt have to wire the whole car up again. Now i know some of you are going to say that the speaker wire is not that great and i know that. I also know that if you rewire the whole thing it'll sound better but theoretically this should work and should save you hours of work. As a side note the loss of SQ from doing this vs all new wire wouldnt be great enough for me to spend the extra hours doing the rewire. Well thats my theory. Has anyone done this? What do you guys think? Oh by the way i assume that our door speakers use crossovers for the tweeters but rewiring those to work with this would be like 10 mins a piece top. Well i'm open to opinions and thoughts so start the abuse on my theory....

Andres