SilverKnight or 916 <<CAN YOU HELP>>

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverKnight or 916 <<CAN YOU HELP>>

Do you have any detailed instructions on how you set-up the DVD screen into the coin tray. I have used your instructions in the past and the have been very helpful. ( From grill to shock sensor)... If you don't have any I understand but if you happen to have some I would love a copy.

P.S. I have a hard time getting anyone ( at the audio shop) to understand that I want just the motorized flip up screen.. I have a PS2 and two screens I plan to install in the headrest.

Wish I could use the compartment between the rear seats to store the PS2, but it would not fit. Going have to go with trunk mount but I need to have it accessible so you can switch games and DVD's during travel.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry. The installation for the motorized screen varies from one model to another. There is no standard procedure. Just show them 1 of the pics and tell the shop that you want to install it that way. If they cannot do it, go to another shop.
Old 03-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had instructions based on your particular unit and installation that would be great. If not I will try to seek some private counseling.

P.S. I would install the same model of screen. You seem to be the only individual that knows about this type of set-up!!
Please Help!!

Old 03-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Panasonic CQ-VA707W 7" motorized screen (just screen - not CD/DVD player. You cannot fit a screen + player in the slot). I had to do the following:
1. Removed the screen's front cover.
2. Cut several bracket behind the dash. These brackets were there to hold the Navi screen if Navi was installed so I don't need them anyway.
3. Trimmed 2 side brakets. There brackets are used to secured the stock HU. I only used the lower parts of the brackets.
4. Trimmed the top of the stock HU so the motorized screen can move in and out freely. This is important since I tried to ignore it and got my screen's plastic trim scratched.
5. Built a faceplate for the screen out of plexi and paint it "flat black".
6. Put everything in.

It took me a whole day to finish so expect to pay the shop at least 5hrs of labor.

I didn't think anyone would be crazy like me to do it and professional installers should know what to do so I didn't document what I did.