Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia XM Installation Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 08:54 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia XM Installation Help

Forgive the serious newbie slant of my message...

I almost got the factory XM radio when I bought my 04 TSX 6speed w/ Navi, except it was too ugly, too expensive, and it costs the use of the big storage bin. After reading this forum, and seeing how well people have installed after-market XM systems (the Roady, in particular), I thought maybe I should do that. The problem is, I'm not at all experienced at wiring and automotive dissembly/assembly. I'm afraid I'd destroy something.

I could go to Circuit City/Car Toys/Best Buy, or someplace like that, but they are pushing me to accept an FM-modulated system. Bleh. So, my question is this. Could someone recommend a good place in the South Sound area (I live in Olympia) to have a nice XM installation done? Even better, is there someone who would be willing to do an install for me if I bought all the stuff then paid for his/her labor?

Ideally, I'd like an XM Roady installed in the bin underneath the stereo, but I still want to be able to close the door over it. If I understand correctly, the SNHOND3 adapter would let me connect the Roady via an RCA cable, so that I could remove the Roady if I wanted to--just pop the power, antenna, and audio cables and take it in the house.

Anyone?
Old 06-05-2004, 09:11 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I would make the trip to Innovative Audio in Bellevue. They are one of the premier shops in the country and can make use of the AUX input effectively and properly. They aren't the cheapest around, but you could've bought a Civic, too : )

Don't call - budget the time and show up. Wouldn't hurt to print the threads off of here and take them with you, but this shop does incrdible work, and this is simple stuff for them, really.

Innovativeaudio.com

And no, I don't work there.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:26 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm... I've heard of Innovative Audio, but I think they are going to be beyond what I'm willing to pay. I'm looking more towards doing this myself now, after reading through the forums in detail. What I want is pretty much exactly what I see here:

http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/ap...k_code=sa01_17

The two parts that concern me are getting power to the unit, and hiding the antenna wire. Does the SoundGate adapter provide power, too, or do I still have to tap into something else? Also, is it really as easy as it seems to hide the antenna wire?

Thanks!