Review of the double 10" powermouse sub by RMS car audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review of the double 10" powermouse sub by RMS car audio

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...528#post384528 (for pics)

After having about 20 people croud around the trunk of my car at a local autostore, I decided to comment on the sub.

Looks: Yes, the sub is somewhat large...but without a doubt very well designed asthetically. During the day, the neon effect on the plexi-glass windows is not very apparent, but the Red LED on the amps lights up the plexi-glass anyway; making the sub look sweet. At night, it's a completly different ball game! The blue lights, in this case, light up the whole trunk with ease.

Quality: The box is incredibly solid. It even comes with a 2 year warrenty if I remember correctly. The carpeting is done very neatly, and reaches places that i never thought could be reached. When you knock on the sub w/ your hand, it sounds very strongly built...not weak in any areas.

Install:Quick, easy, nearly effortless. Besides the weight of the sub, the install was as easy as wiring up a single 4 channel amp. I had the Bass Mechanic get me all the wires i needed, and 2 amps that he suggested to run his box and my 4 other speakers, and he did so without hesitation. The wiring was as done as it could be when i opened the box. All i needed to do was hook up a d-block for the grounds, 1 for the power, set up the remote cable...and run the 4 lenghts of speaker cable. EASY AS PIE!

SOUND: It's quite dificult to describe how this box recreates the sound. For instance, in Drum and Bass music, i chose AK1200 and The Cuban. Both of these artists have heavy bass lines that always made my eclipse sub get kinda muddy and boomy...not in this case, the bass is loud, punchy, and very tight. Differenting from a kick drum to a low bass line is very easy. Boy does this thing pound. For more harmonic music such as the Cranberries, the sub recreates the bass drum better than any other sub i've heard. It is clean, very accurate, and not muchy at all. It gives a hard and clean thump when the bass drum hits, but doesn't stay around long enough to get messy. For R&B, the bass line comes alive! There are some notes that i never knew existed! The sub gets VERY LOUD...when need be, and very smooth when the time is right. The sub almost seems to know what the music is trying to evoke right before it plays the note. There is TONS of airflow coming from this thing. It hits VERY hard INCREDIBLY clean...and looks SICK, along with having a great warrenty. Among other things, Kevin Cambell "the bass mechanic" maker and owner of the sub is a really great guy to deal with. I would suggest this sub to anyone who is looking to rock any tailgate party...or is looking for great presence. It gives a little boost or a lot of boost to your bass. A+! Thanks a lot Kevin!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow interesting 48 people viewed the thread and not 1 person had any comments. are you all speachless, cat got your toungue, confused, what?