Recommend A Good A/V Switcher

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Recommend A Good A/V Switcher

as a follow up thread from my FM Modulator thread...i am looking for an Audio/video switcher, im only looking for dual maybe 3 inputs and something inexpensive and something possibly with a switch mount so you can do a clean job of changing the sources thanks
Old 05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
WE use alot of the farenheit switcher - it has 4 in and 4 out and has a single, small, wireless remote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

StreetEffectz i sent you a PM the other day you never got back to me, it was regarding the Headrest Group Buy you are running, Navi-Conversion, PS2 Slim set up installation that im interested in, your shop is 40 minutes away from my house and i want to drive down to you to get some things done.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
StreetEffectz i sent you a PM the other day you never got back to me, it was regarding the Headrest Group Buy you are running, Navi-Conversion, PS2 Slim set up installation that im interested in, your shop is 40 minutes away from my house and i want to drive down to you to get some things done.
Let me check and I'll answer it now - sorry for the delay - flooded with PM's - I think I have 53 to answer from the past 2 days alone lol
Old 05-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Banned

I just replied
Old 05-17-2005, 11:21 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
S/E is referring to an A/V switcher. You just need audio, not video. The A/V switchers are larger and more complex than you need.

Don't know why I post answers to your questions anyway... you still want the answer to win an election or something... : )
Old 05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

look, whatever you have against me, if its because i ask so many questions and "act like a troll" then im sorry that u see things that way, im curious about things so i ask questions, i do search but searching dosn't always turn "FM" modulators or "A/V" and things like that, you hate me because im curious and think that im too lazy to look for things myself, the reason i ask these questions is because i odn't know where to start, so i look for a lead and then research it. El, i don't want u to hate me because of that, if it annoys you then you don't have to respond, so just please stop hounding me with this negative issue.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:46 PM
VP Electricity

Calm down and breathe in a paper bag. I gave you some shit months ago, and since then I've answered a lot of your questions. I had forgotten compeletely that I even gave you that grief back then - any recent grief you seem to have attracted with your recent posts, not with any long-standing grudge.

Rather than "hating" you (laughable, as I didn't even remember this earlier issue that you seem to have a problem with, and you're certainly not meriting hate, just annoyance and irritation at best), I do tend to be impatient with people who would rather post a question than see if it's been answered multiple times before. If you're one of those people, then I'm short with you. If you're not, then I'm not.

Here: I apologize for suspecting you of being a troll with all those questions you asked. You're not a troll. I was wrong, and I'm sorry if that offended you. All the comments about not researching... well, I'm standing by those.

Happy now?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

the problem i have with you is that you expect people to know what to research, im making these posts because i can't find any other post where it recommends a good FM Modulator or a good A/V Switcher, and if it wasn't for you and S/E then i would have ended up buying an A/V Switcher as opposed to an Audio Switcher...thats why i ask questions...and i don't want an apology....just don't say things like

Originally Posted by elduderino
Don't know why I post answers to your questions anyway... you still want the answer to win an election or something... : )
Old 05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
VP Electricity

Well, I'm gonna say that shit, so I guess we are at an impasse.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey NFLblitze1....I have found that being a dick is his personality. Look at all of his posts, they all have this, "What are you an idot?" tone to them. He must think he is gods gift to car audio or something. I am surprised that he's an "Official Vendor" for this site. I know I would never buy something from him. I just hope Accurazine never gives him the roll of moderator.

He's the only Official Vendor that I have seen that curses and talks $hit to everyone that posts.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you should have your dad beat up the "Dude" for calling you an idiot.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:36 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by CJams
Hey NFLblitze1....I have found that being a dick is his personality. Look at all of his posts, they all have this, "What are you an idot?" tone to them. He must think he is gods gift to car audio or something. I am surprised that he's an "Official Vendor" for this site. I know I would never buy something from him. I just hope Accurazine never gives him the roll of moderator.

He's the only Official Vendor that I have seen that curses and talks $hit to everyone that posts.
Maybe it's just a little bit irritating to answer the same question a dozen times and then have someone post it again instead of searching for it.

CJ, you don't know me, you don't know my personality, you don't know anything about me. I've given you two some grief for posting questions that have been asked before. Call me a dick if that makes you feel better, but try taking some responsibility for asking those questions as well. Of course you're not going to buy anything from me... you're going to put *'s in your rear deck, and I wouldn't sell you any if you asked, cause I think it's a bad risk for SQ.

I've posted pics on how to pull the driver's door, and instructions on how to do it. They're there in Jonesi's list. Some days I'd just post the thread URL. I was tired that day, and rushed, and I figured you'd find it if you knew it was there.

There have been several posts on the problems involved with 05's and XM and the SHOND. I've read many of them. I'm sure you can find them too instead of starting a new thread about it.

And I think you might be projecting. I have given you some grief. I haven't called you a dick, but I have given you some grief. But everyone? I don't think so.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by elduderino
Maybe it's just a little bit irritating to answer the same question a dozen times and then have someone post it again instead of searching for it.

There have been several posts on the problems involved with 05's and XM and the SHOND. I've read many of them. I'm sure you can find them too instead of starting a new thread about it.
You only answered part of what I was asking. I asked if there was a problem with using Soundgate or Blitzsafe and if there was a solution. You said one of them intereferes with XM.....There was still no answer to my solution. So the question is still opened! Is there an audio adpater that will work for my car without interfering with XM?

And it's a little bit irritating to have to ask the same question twice since the person that tried to answer it in the first place gave me a half assed answer and then bitched when I asked again.

Yes! There have been several posts about 05' tsx nav and XM, but none of them say, everything is fully functional after using an audio adapter. There are differences between TL's 04tsx's and 05 tsx's. I was hoping my thread would supply a solution, be specific to the 05TSX w/ nav and clear for future use. This way anyone with the same question would find it a little bit easier than I did. Now they have to read through your bs to get to it.

And you act like I am an idot for trying to get 8"s in the back dash while maintaining stock form. I am not the only one that want's just a little bit more bass than the 6x9's give while retaining all of my trunk space. Let us explore!

I posted once about being pysched that I just bought an Alpine tv tuner and your response was, something like, tv tuners suck! The only good ones are in Europe.

Do me a favor and DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF MY POSTS UNLESS YOU HAVE USEFULL INFORMATION!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Guinea Pig

BTW- bLitz----sorry for ruining your thread...I know how it feels.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Racer

This is entertaining.

FORUM FIGHT. :troutslap
Old 05-19-2005, 10:51 AM
VP Electricity

Cjams, I never called you an idiot, or a dick. You called me a dick, remember? I just asked you some questions about your reasoning in wanting 8"s over 6x9's.

Sure, I posted, as I have MANY times, that no one should get excited about TV Tuner performance because they all perform poorly. If you took that as a personal slam on you, I'm sorry, it wasn't about you at all - it was wanting people to know that fact before they spent money on a TV Tuner on your or anyone else's recommendation.

One of the great things about a public forum is that anyone gets to post. In your posts you've come across like an excited noob who doesn't read the forum as much as post to it. I shouldn't let myself get irritated by that impression - after all, I don't know you either - and I should have taken more time over the lst week or so in my responses.

The facts aren't the important thing. I know that people don't care if you're right or not, if you come across the wrong way. I let myself post short answers because I've had a shitty week - my foirmer father in law died last week and I had to fly to SoCal for the service - and I've been tired and irritable. If I had responded more politely to your door-panel pulling post, but still told you there was info on it,. I'm sure you'd be fine - I just did a poor job communicating, judging by results.

But I never called you any names, and I never talked about any impressions of your personality. If you're offended by something I've said, please tell me directly and let's deal with it directly.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Guinea Pig

Lets squash it! Sorry to hear about your pop-in-law. And sorry for calling you a dick.

Consider it squashed on my side.

And yes I am an excited newbie! I have owned my car for less than 2 mo. and am learning about it. I did use your door panel stickie once you told me about it. THX! I look for info before I post, but if I search and get 400 threads with 2-10 pages each, I can't possibly sit and read through installs for TL's and other cars that don't have the same requirements as mine, and I'm sure others can't either. When I create a thread I try to title it specificaly so the contents can easily be searched.

Squashed!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 PM
VP Electricity

: ) Sweet. BY the way, I like my mom's lumpia more than her adobo : )

Back on topic

Just finished installing an SHOND3 into a 2004 TSX for a forum member. While we were in there, we temporarily added (with the owner's permission) an AUX3 Soundgate Audio switcher.

When switching between inputs, there was no clicking or popping at all, and there was no bleed-through from one input to another (as we have heard of with the PAC unit).

So this AUX3 device looks like it's solid and reliable.

I believe that it can be used in two ways:

1) For 2004 TSXs, it can be used on the input side of an SHOND3 to let the user have more than one input (iPod, XM, DVD, for example). It comes with a nice round 3-position switch, or it will work with 12V signals with a main default input and two mnore that are selected when a wire is powered.

2) For 2005 TSXs, this can be inserted in line on the L and R audio lines so that when the XM is selected, the toggle switch can be used to select XM, or either of the other two inputs.

I am working on finding the cable needed to mod so that this switcher can be wired up as a plug-and-play kit for all you 05 owners : )
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Guinea Pig

So if I understand correctly 05 tsxers w/ nav and XM need both SHOND3 and AUX3, correct?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Guinea Pig

And the cable that you're looking for?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Racer

WOW! Isnt it good that we all can get along. Now lets go get a drink Group hug :gheyhug:
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by CJams
So if I understand correctly 05 tsxers w/ nav and XM need both SHOND3 and AUX3, correct?
No. The XM enables the AUX input, no need for the SHOND (that's it's only job)... but when you access other sources the XM info screen will still be up, just like the Sony changer screen was up when the SHOND was on. The only way to know if you have XM selected or something else would be the AUX3 switch position, OR if you use a DVD player with a remote out, if that is on when XM is selected.

It should be noted that 05 people swapping Sirius for XM need the SHOND and no AUX 3... unless they want iPod too.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Guinea Pig

So Aux 3 has 3 inputs. It would be connected in place of the XM input. I could input my XM, DVD, TV tuner audio into it and switch between the 3? But the XM screen will be displayed no matter which of the 3 ins I have selected (via switch) correct? Is the Aux 3 all I need then? If this is so, I think I have a pretty good idea of how it works.

Aux3 question- Does it have 3 RCA inputs(6plugs total)? And what form is the output? RCA or open wires. I have seen pics, but not a perfect illustration if the unit. It looked likt it only had 1 in and 1 out.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11 PM
VP Electricity

It has RCA in and out. One end has RCA out and the default RCA input 1, the other end has RCA input 2 and 3.

The ID of the XM audio lines and making them up while keeping noise out are the only concerns...