TL: Rear door speaker 99 TL w/nav.. stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010 | 09:36 AM
Cruisin'

Angry Rear door speaker 99 TL w/nav.. stock

I am trying to troubleshoot my 1999 TL's sound system. All stock BOSE system with stock NAVI. Speakers in all 4 doors and sub in rear deck......
I cant seem to find a difitive answer as to if there is an amp behind the right rear seat. There is an amp under the deck that seems to be related to the sub only. I need some advise as to where to look for pinched or broken wires (unlikeley), or unlugged connectors, or whatever could happen under normal use. I think I hear a relay-type click in the rear when I first turn the system on but I'm not sure if thats just the SUB-AMP turning on. Local CAR AUDIO SHOPS are more than willing to "take a look" but I do not trust them to have my best interest in mind ( I used to sell electronics ). I am planning to attemp to get the rear seat-backs out and take a look for the mystery amp and if it is there, maybee a connector got pulled when I had my baby-carseat installed, (not sure the fireman was thinking that here could be complicated electronics behind the seats when he wsa poking for anchor-points. Please tell me if I'm chasing unicorns looking for something behind the rear seat before I rip my car apart.

Thanks for your help and suggestions...

driscoll2@comcast.net
Old 04-25-2010 | 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by driscoll2
I am trying to troubleshoot my 1999 TL's sound system. All stock BOSE system with stock NAVI. Speakers in all 4 doors and sub in rear deck......
I cant seem to find a difitive answer as to if there is an amp behind the right rear seat. There is an amp under the deck that seems to be related to the sub only. I need some advise as to where to look for pinched or broken wires (unlikeley), or unlugged connectors, or whatever could happen under normal use. I think I hear a relay-type click in the rear when I first turn the system on but I'm not sure if thats just the SUB-AMP turning on. Local CAR AUDIO SHOPS are more than willing to "take a look" but I do not trust them to have my best interest in mind ( I used to sell electronics ). I am planning to attemp to get the rear seat-backs out and take a look for the mystery amp and if it is there, maybee a connector got pulled when I had my baby-carseat installed, (not sure the fireman was thinking that here could be complicated electronics behind the seats when he wsa poking for anchor-points. Please tell me if I'm chasing unicorns looking for something behind the rear seat before I rip my car apart.

Thanks for your help and suggestions...

driscoll2@comcast.net
this is the back seat amp...
Old 04-25-2010 | 12:25 PM
Instructor

other factory...
Old 04-26-2010 | 12:36 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks a bunch. That gives me some ideas of connectors I can check.