Question for ROn or an alarm expert

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for ROn or an alarm expert

Hey Ron Im hoping you could answer this. I've researched this forum and found some ideas but not a clear answer. I installed my own remote start alarm over a year ago. It was quite involved but I did it well. Everything works but when I want to auto start my car I must first press unlock, not because I want to unlock the doors but to deactivate the factory alarm, then press start and then I either lock it again with the remote or wait 3 sec and it does it automatically.

The reason it is a 2 button process to start is because I have a wire that sends a pulse signal to disarm the factory alarm but it is not connected. I do not know which wire disarms the alarm but does not unlock the doors. Im sure the wire exists but Im not sure where. Do you know where it is? I know if you put the key in the iginition it disarms the alarm or if you put it in the drivers key cylinder an turn it a hair it will disarm but not unlock. My wiring diagram says something about Disarm/Defeat in the passenger MUX box, is that the wire green/red? Can anyone tell me? Thanks!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Mobile Elec. Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question for ROn or an alarm expert

Originally posted by NighthawkBlack
Hey Ron Im hoping you could answer this. I've researched this forum and found some ideas but not a clear answer. I installed my own remote start alarm over a year ago. It was quite involved but I did it well. Everything works but when I want to auto start my car I must first press unlock, not because I want to unlock the doors but to deactivate the factory alarm, then press start and then I either lock it again with the remote or wait 3 sec and it does it automatically.

The reason it is a 2 button process to start is because I have a wire that sends a pulse signal to disarm the factory alarm but it is not connected. I do not know which wire disarms the alarm but does not unlock the doors. Im sure the wire exists but Im not sure where. Do you know where it is? I know if you put the key in the iginition it disarms the alarm or if you put it in the drivers key cylinder an turn it a hair it will disarm but not unlock. My wiring diagram says something about Disarm/Defeat in the passenger MUX box, is that the wire green/red? Can anyone tell me? Thanks!
I'm not positive about this because we haven't done a TL at our store. but cars that run similarly you need to do a couple things. First you would need a relay that could bypass the alarm altogether. with in that module there would be a box that you would have to put a spare key (since the the key is chipped) and wire it isn't the system so that when you hit the remote start it is triggering the system into thinking that the key is the ignition. I am about 95% sure that is what you would have to do if you want to avoid having to unlock it before remote starting it everytime.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well that is done for the remote start itself I have a DEI module doing that and it works. Starting the car isnt a problem, I just want to be able to start without unlocking the doors. Is it possible to disarm the factory alarm without using an unlock wire?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Banned

keys in black box is old school
Old 11-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Does no one know what wire on the TL will accept a neg signal and disarm the factory alarm. It whether it unlocks the doors or not doesn't matter to me just as long as it deactivates the factory alarm so that the remote start can start the car without triggering the factory alarm. I tried putting that wire to the unlock wire and that works to deactivate the factory alarm but for some reason it triggers the aftermarket remote start alarm when I press the remote start button.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

what year is your Tl? Let me know and i'll let you know.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, I have a 2000 TL.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Intermediate

The disarm wire is in the key cylinder (driver door) it's blue.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Banned

there is a factory rearm wire from your remote start to lock the car back up after it started, so you don't have to press lock on the remote if you can't find disarm no unlock on your car
Old 11-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ok so I saw a three wire harness that looked like it may come from the cylinder. the middle wire had constant power and the other 2 showed posative when the key was turned. One to unlock, one to lock. So I assumed they send a posative signal. Am I wrong? would that wire you are reffering to disarm the alarm with a neg pulse without triggering the door locks in either direction?
Old 11-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Intermediate

its a negitive pulse
Old 11-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Here is the wiring diagram and I circled what I think you are reffering to. Is this wire further in the door? Is it literally right by the key clynder meaning the best way to get at it is taking the door handle off? Because the 3 wire harness I found in the door had one blue wire which unlocks and one that locks but they were both a positive signal. Here is a diagram from my Helm manual. Why do I not see the wire you are reffering to? Please help
Old 08-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so if you arm alarm then you can't start? more likely you have the wiring wrong, the starter wired from starter module hook up to relay of your alarm .
Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vinha916
so if you arm alarm then you can't start? more likely you have the wiring wrong, the starter wired from starter module hook up to relay of your alarm .
WOAH! Way to bring back a post from FOUR YEAR AGO!