powermouse..?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 02:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, i know austin. i actually helped him swap out his springs, brake lines and rotors and pads, among other mods to the car. so yeh, i know austin...with school, i havent been able to hook up with him lately though. i'll have to talk to him, but better yet, id like to hear for myself..now that would be cool. let me know if u can set it up.

as for the box, 4th order bp, right? that would explain the low end extension so long as the subs are capable of moving far enough without failing mechanically(xmax).

as for ur explanation, its very well written. most ppl here should be able to understand what u are doing w/ur product. hey, as for bp boxes, i never said it cant be done, its just that most prefabbed boxes are bp boxes and suck ass. for the most part, installers simply dont bother taking the time to design bp boxes either, which is why custom made ones are hard to find and listen to.

regardless, if done right, what are u doing? in its simplest form, you are making a box that has a natural filter on the top end, which means u dont need a xover to filter out the mids and highs. plus due to its design, you also filter out any distortion, but even better is if there was no distortion being produced to begin with. ive seen speakers get ripped apart by ppl who slapped x sub into y bp box and never heard the subs begging for mercy.

soooo, i agree, it is possible. it seems you do know what ur doing, but a 10 that can reproduce 20hz note at the same spl level that an 18 can do it at? i still think not. sorry.