Parrot Kit and Aftermarket Amp Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parrot Kit and Aftermarket Amp Question

I currently have a Parrot MK6100 Bluetooth kit hooked up to my 05 TSX with Navi using the Quick Connect plug-and-play harness. From what I understand this harness connects to the OEM amp to control the call mute function. Here are my questions:

1) I am planning on upgrading my speakers and amp using Mercman's amp bypass cable. Will I still be able to use the Parrot kit with the plug-and-play harness along with the amp bypass cable?

2) Would it be possible to add an iPod interface like the USA Spec in combination with Mercmans amp bypass cable and the Quick Connect harness?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

- John
Old 11-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny76
I currently have a Parrot MK6100 Bluetooth kit hooked up to my 05 TSX with Navi using the Quick Connect plug-and-play harness. From what I understand this harness connects to the OEM amp to control the call mute function. Here are my questions:

1) I am planning on upgrading my speakers and amp using Mercman's amp bypass cable. Will I still be able to use the Parrot kit with the plug-and-play harness along with the amp bypass cable?

2) Would it be possible to add an iPod interface like the USA Spec in combination with Mercmans amp bypass cable and the Quick Connect harness?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

- John
Hi John. Good questions.

The USAspec adapter plugs into the changer plug on the bottom of the TSX radio. The Parrot harness is plugged into the audio harness in the back of the radio. The Parrot basically interrupts the audio signal from the radio when in use. When installing aftermarket amps and new cables the Parrot kit will be no issue. You can leave everything the way it is and just add on to it as if the Parrot kit was not there. Very easy.

The only issue with the Parrot on an amplified system is the POP sound when the kit interrupts the audio signal. But you're probably used to that by now with your factory amp.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uncald4
Hi John. Good questions.

The USAspec adapter plugs into the changer plug on the bottom of the TSX radio. The Parrot harness is plugged into the audio harness in the back of the radio. The Parrot basically interrupts the audio signal from the radio when in use. When installing aftermarket amps and new cables the Parrot kit will be no issue. You can leave everything the way it is and just add on to it as if the Parrot kit was not there. Very easy.

The only issue with the Parrot on an amplified system is the POP sound when the kit interrupts the audio signal. But you're probably used to that by now with your factory amp.
Hey Travis. Thanks a lot for the input. Glad to hear I'll be able to keep everything intact when I do my audio upgrade.

Last edited by Johnny76; 11-27-2008 at 01:47 PM.