Parrot CK3000/3100 and Nav System Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parrot CK3000/3100 and Nav System Question

For all the guys that installed a Parrot BT unit in their rides...

If any of you have the nav, how do they work together? Let's say you were driving somewhere and using your nav system while listening to your stereo... you get an incoming call. Now you're having a conversation with someone using the Parrot microphone and the front speakers of your car. The Parrot module has muted your stereo...

The nav system now tries to route you to the specific address you input. What happens? Does the phone conversation take priority, or the nav commands?

I realize this is all "what if," but I don't want to buy the BT module only to find out I disable this or that... I have all the parts I need to install Dom's Nav to DVD conversion, so I figured while I had the HU/dash open, I might as well try to kill 2 birds with one stone... it's bad enough I had to figure out how to get the DVD audio without disabling my XM...

If it makes a difference, my question is specifically for a 2005 TSX
Old 10-23-2005, 08:12 PM
honk not beep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amadeus303
For all the guys that installed a Parrot BT unit in their rides...

If any of you have the nav, how do they work together? Let's say you were driving somewhere and using your nav system while listening to your stereo... you get an incoming call. Now you're having a conversation with someone using the Parrot microphone and the front speakers of your car. The Parrot module has muted your stereo...

The nav system now tries to route you to the specific address you input. What happens? Does the phone conversation take priority, or the nav commands?

I realize this is all "what if," but I don't want to buy the BT module only to find out I disable this or that... I have all the parts I need to install Dom's Nav to DVD conversion, so I figured while I had the HU/dash open, I might as well try to kill 2 birds with one stone... it's bad enough I had to figure out how to get the DVD audio without disabling my XM...

If it makes a difference, my question is specifically for a 2005 TSX
Ok.. so you basically have two choices

a) wire the parrot up to an external speaker, where no muting will occur

b) or hook up the parrot to your stereo system.. but again that leads two more paths

b1) hooking it up to the stock system
b2) hooking it up to an aftermarket system

So.. I did (a). I have an aftermarket system in my 04 tsx, and I didn't want to bother with run relays to get the mute working (although I attached something to the mute pin).

For b1) you would hook the mute pin to the bt kit using a device to switch the polarity of the mute pin. Problem is, it doesn't mute nav. Also, you have to do a nasty pin install into the wire harness because it isn't there.

Do a search for the parrot kit, as a couple of us have installed it and gave some analysis on the install and such. If you have any more questions, feel free to pm me.