OEM XM SAT antenna adapter for Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 07:53 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM XM SAT antenna adapter for Sirius

after many different attempts at making an adaptable coax piece for the proprietary Acura XM antenna coax lead termination, i've found, through the combination of multiple RF connector parts, a solution that will enable one to use their OEM XM Acura antenna on aftermarket tuners or receivers.

some Acura have a Single lead:

others have a Dual lead:

either way, it will be necessary to remove the connector housing to expose the actual connector jack inside:

once the connector housing is removed, the assembly of my parts can begin:

adapter cable terminated in a RA SMB plug for the majority of car docks and direct tuners, however i can terminate to whatever your tuner or car dock accepts:

copper collar and shrink tubing:

assembly:

then i place a shrink tubing sleeve over the connector body, shrink it with some heat, and you're done:

i also make a TRUE OEM Plug-and-Play version that simply requires you to unplug your antenna jack from the OEM XM Sat Tuner and plug it into my adapter cable. this adapter type comes in two pieces- one for the OEM adapter cable harness and the other, a 20 foot coax extension for interfacing with your aftermarket SAT receiver up front at your headunit location (for either the Double or Single Acura OEM proprietary SAT antenna connector):

if anyone is interested in using their Acura OEM XM roof-mounted SAT antenna for their aftermarket Sirius receiver, please email me. Brian-

mrbrianrwebb@comcast.net
Old 08-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Boom goes the Dynamite

While this is a nice idea, there are problems with using a XM antenna for Sirius. All XM antennas are built to look across the horizon as they have two satellites. One is off of the east coast of the US and the other is off the west coast. While Sirius has three satellites doing a figure eight over the central part of the US. As a result all
Sirius antennas look vertically. You can still get some cross over performance between the two antennas you end up having more problems.

There are better solutions...
Old 08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
5th Gear

There are better solutions...

what solutions would these be? you taking the cover off the XM Honda/Acura antenna and placing a Sirius antenna inside? why do that?

yeah, not to be rude, but you're right about the stationary position of the XM SAT versus the tracking Sirius SATs moving in their figure 8 pattern across North America, but you're wrong about the signal strength being compromised, as you allude to, when i've sold 40+ of these adapters and use two myself and have for over 6months now and have 9 out of 10 on my SAT reception bar, i think the real-world use of the adapter speaks for itself with regards to the signal strength you will receive with it.

more can be read from here from those who have bought and installed the adapter:
http://siriusbackstage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84627

i'll send you an adapter cable for free to prove my point to you, if you agree to return it to me next day, or anyone who doubts its legitimacy. there is no voodoo science involved in its application.

Brian 661 607 7323

Last edited by brianrwebb; 08-02-2006 at 02:04 PM.