NOLACLS...can u post pics of....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 10:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NOLACLS...can u post pics of....

your audio control 4.1. i won one in e-bay.....! i'd like to see what it looks like mounted. i'm still debating whether to put it above the stock stereo or inside the glove box console. if it's not too much of a hassle, please post a pic or pics. thanks!
Old 10-28-2001, 10:01 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me try this...

ok didnt work....any one know why? I have them on yahoo
Old 10-28-2001, 10:05 AM
Drifting

one more time
Old 10-28-2001, 10:08 AM
Drifting

o well....try this
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nola69...c=bc%26.view=l

let me know if that works...and if you can tell me why i cant post the pic here..
Old 10-28-2001, 10:13 AM
Drifting

I can take some moor but if you can see that one you will get the idea. It fits just right above the radio and that try I never used so I took it out. I would put it there because you can mess with it and not have to reach over to the glove box...and the light frome the EQ doesnt look bad with the dash lights. If you get rid of your car you can just replace the tray...you have to but a new one for about 90 and that replaces the whole thing. Let me know if you can see them and what you think and if you need some more.

umm let me try this 1 more time...

damn no luck...how do i post pics
Old 10-28-2001, 10:15 AM
Drifting

how about this
Old 10-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Drifting

wooohooo got it...i didnt see that box at the bottom...here are the others
Old 10-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

that looks good. i'll most likely mount it there....hopefully i can do it myself. also, what model CDTs did you get and from where? did they fit or did you have to make adjustments and use spacers? by the way, thanks for posting the pics!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 12:24 AM
Drifting

Hey no prob on the pics...just had a hrad time at first because i have not posted pics since the page setup. Anyway the CDT models I have in my sig. If you look at the ones for sale and click the link it will take you to CDT's home page. The back ones were a brease...its 6.5 in a 6x9 plywood cut out. the front was a little different. I had to use some 3/4" plywood spacers to get them to fit and the 1" tweeter took a little work but that are all in and sound great. I got them from www.ampmanaudio.com
Old 10-30-2001, 07:42 AM
Burning Brakes

NOLA....got one more question for you with regards to this 4.1 eq. since it is only a 2 channel input, how is yours set up done? did you just use the 2 front channels (L and R) from the bose amp going into the 4.1 eq. then coming out of the 4.1 eq, you used all 4 channels going to your after market amp. is that how yours was wired?
Old 10-30-2001, 08:47 AM
Drifting

Ok this is how it is how its set up right now...this is not how it will stay. On the back of the EQ is a main input, a AUX. input, a front output, and a rear output. The part that is not going to stay the same is the Main input....right now there is RCA's that go from the main input to the trunk where I had a SNI15 LLC getting the signal after the blowz amp...so that's how the EQ is getting the signal right now...it has a slight hiss. I am going to go back and have them hook it up to the signal before the blowz amp...from right behind the radio. This is how I wanted them to do it in the first place but they didn't listen.

As for the front and rear output I have the front going to the trunk and then it has a splitter. It is going into a 4 ch amp so I split the 1 RCA so it will run all 4 ch. only thing is you cant fade (unimportant to me) you just have to set the gains. The rear output goes to my sub amp which is a mono amp so 1 RCA was fine. Now on the front of the EQ there is a fade knob....that now acts like a volume control for the sub...if you fade all to the front it cuts the sub off all the way....and the opposite if you fade to the rear. I don't know yet how I am going to have them get the signal from the back of the radio...either buy simply just putting RCA ends on the wire or by using some sort of SNI35 or a noise filter. I was kinda waiting to see how you do it and get some feedback. Also I am going to use the AUX. input for one of thoes NERO MP3 players...so I have an RCA that goes to the trunk so I can hook it up whenever I get it.

Let me know if you need anything else...and when you are done let me know how it sounds.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NOLACLS
Ok this is how it is how its set up right now...this is not how it will stay. On the back of the EQ is a main input, a AUX. input, a front output, and a rear output. The part that is not going to stay the same is the Main input....right now there is RCA's that go from the main input to the trunk where I had a SNI15 LLC getting the signal after the blowz amp...so that's how the EQ is getting the signal right now...it has a slight hiss. I am going to go back and have them hook it up to the signal before the blowz amp...from right behind the radio. This is how I wanted them to do it in the first place but they didn't listen.

As for the front and rear output I have the front going to the trunk and then it has a splitter. It is going into a 4 ch amp so I split the 1 RCA so it will run all 4 ch. only thing is you cant fade (unimportant to me) you just have to set the gains. The rear output goes to my sub amp which is a mono amp so 1 RCA was fine. Now on the front of the EQ there is a fade knob....that now acts like a volume control for the sub...if you fade all to the front it cuts the sub off all the way....and the opposite if you fade to the rear. I don't know yet how I am going to have them get the signal from the back of the radio...either buy simply just putting RCA ends on the wire or by using some sort of SNI35 or a noise filter. I was kinda waiting to see how you do it and get some feedback. Also I am going to use the AUX. input for one of thoes NERO MP3 players...so I have an RCA that goes to the trunk so I can hook it up whenever I get it.

Let me know if you need anything else...and when you are done let me know how it sounds.
hey thanks! i'm still trying to debate too on how i want to hook up this thing. my main thing is i do not like cutting wires. if i solder rcas to the output of the head unit, i will most likely have to cut or strip some wires. i was thinking of purchasing the audiolink PD4. DAMN..it would come out to another $200 from my wallet plus i wouldn't know where to put it up front.

i'm not sure if i'll be able to do it this weekend. hopefully all the supplies and eqipment come before then. and yes, i will let you know how it turns out. thanks again.
Old 10-30-2001, 09:07 AM
Drifting

Hey you can just use thoes blue wire tap things. Do you know what I am talking about...you will not have to cut the wires???