No sound NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:11 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sound NEED HELP!!

i'm putting my bose system back into my 00 TL. I never cut into any of the factory wiring harnesses. the bose speakers are in the doors with their original harness and when i reconnected the bose headunit, entered the code, there's still no sound. I've got the antenna, main wiring harness and a smaller harness connected to the bose headunit. There is another spot for a wiring harness adjacent to the large harness but i cant find a loose harness any where to connect there. i'm thinking that extra spot is for a cd changer which i dont have. any info would be great!!!

THANKS!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andgo2
i'm putting my bose system back into my 00 TL. I never cut into any of the factory wiring harnesses. the bose speakers are in the doors with their original harness and when i reconnected the bose headunit, entered the code, there's still no sound. I've got the antenna, main wiring harness and a smaller harness connected to the bose headunit. There is another spot for a wiring harness adjacent to the large harness but i cant find a loose harness any where to connect there. i'm thinking that extra spot is for a cd changer which i dont have. any info would be great!!!

THANKS!
did u add an after market amp? you may need to reconnect the bose amp too sicne th estock wiring harness is connected to the stock bose amp.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have anything else drawing power from the power that comes out of the deck? (I've seen this cause the oem radio to go into protect mode). Disconnect anything aftermarket currently installed and see if the radio makes sound again.

Did you just recently put the oem speakers back in, or were they there the whole time? (A speaker short will also cause the hu to go into protect mode).

Please list anything else non-stock that is installed and where it gets its power from. (cd changers, radar detectors, subwoofers, etc.).

Two of the three harness connectors are filled, right? (one goes to car, one goes to bose eq). yes, the third is for the oem cd changer, and is optional.

I take it your selling your TL? What's up with that?!