New to Sub's...help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:04 PM
'06 Acura TL

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
New to Sub's...help please

hi...

im new to the audio world and wanted a little info on how you compare subs...another words whats the best and the worst as far as impedance and frequencey and all the #'s...i was looking at bazooka subs b/c i dont want to bounce my car...just want to add deep bass at a low $ but their are so many different ones...so i wanted to know the difference between them...what would be the statistics of the best bazooka vs. the statistics of the worst bazooka...thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the world of car audio. One piece of advice, you can't judge an audio component just by the numbers. One thing I learned about audio is that it has to sound good to you, everything in audio is based on personal taste. Subwoofers can get pretty complicated because its not just the subwoofer that will produce a certain sound, but also the type of enclosure and the size of the enclosure. I will try to keep this very simple, because you're a beginner. I would look into a decently priced subwoofer and just build a sealed 1-1.5 cubic ft box. Most subwoofers these days aren't that picky when it comes to a sealed enclosure. Do have a few questions for you which would help me point you in the right direction into picking a subwoofer and amp combo. 1. How much do you have in your budget for subwoofer and amp? 2. What size subwoofer and what size would you like.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
I=X - optomos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bazooka! youve been to CC havnt you

What do you like to listen to & how much do you want to spend.

Obvoiusly your not looking for a loud sub just one that has good sound quality.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,434 Likes on 3,038 Posts
Originally Posted by optomos
What do you like to listen to & how much do you want to spend.

Obvoiusly your not looking for a loud sub just one that has good sound quality.
It all depends on what you listen to, and what you wanna spend. Give us some idea of your budget and tastes, and we can help point you in the right direction.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM
'06 Acura TL

i listen to hip hop and rap mostly...im just looking around for subs not definetly going to buy some...the reason i looked at bazooka was b/c i didnt want to spend $400 for an amp, subs, box and wires...bazooka has that all in one...i dont want to spend more the $200 if i were to buy any...if anything i can buy a $150 bazooka for $90 on ebay
Old 07-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ace2525
i listen to hip hop and rap mostly...im just looking around for subs not definetly going to buy some...the reason i looked at bazooka was b/c i didnt want to spend $400 for an amp, subs, box and wires...bazooka has that all in one...i dont want to spend more the $200 if i were to buy any...if anything i can buy a $150 bazooka for $90 on ebay
Well if thats how you want to do it go for the bazooka. I'm not here to convince you otherwise.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:07 PM
'06 Acura TL

i really dont think i will wind up getting any...b/c i know the bazooka doesnt do very much but if i got extra $ around i might
Old 07-26-2005, 11:32 PM
El Presidente

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i suggest u save up a bit more, and build a system right, instead of goin' for the all-in-wonder combo's. I think a 12" in a ported box might be something up your alley
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ace2525
hi...

im new to the audio world and wanted a little info on how you compare subs...another words whats the best and the worst as far as impedance and frequencey and all the #'s...i was looking at bazooka subs b/c i dont want to bounce my car...just want to add deep bass at a low $ but their are so many different ones...so i wanted to know the difference between them...what would be the statistics of the best bazooka vs. the statistics of the worst bazooka...thanks
I know you won't want to hear this, but you won't describe sound quality with statistics, and unfortunately, most statistics in the audio world are lies.

Bazooka is a middling company - not the worst, not the best.

But you can do a lot better for the money.

If you want to spend less than two bills, I'd just get some new speakers. Anything you can get for two bills will sound for crap. Sorry, I don't write the news, I just report the news.